[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Oct 21, 2019
I was running fasboot commands from the bootloader, not fastboot mode. I rebooted into recovery, then rebooted to fastboot. From there, I was able to do the copies (and use --slot=all which didn't work from bootloader). Everything is peachy now, and I also have 18.1 running.

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
I was running fasboot commands from the bootloader, not fastboot mode. I rebooted into recovery, then rebooted to fastboot. From there, I was able to do the copies (and use --slot=all which didn't work from bootloader). Everything is peachy now, and I also have 18.1 running.
When I reboot to bootloader - whether directly, or from recovery (TWRP) - the bootloader says fastboot mode (in red), and I can execute fastboot commands (except for the protected partitions, etc.)

I am confused as to the different mode you are referring to, as I am not seeing it.

Reactions: thomasnsr
Oct 21, 2019
Well there seems to be a different thing between fastboot reboot bootloader vs. booting into recovery and then selecting "enter fastboot" from the advanced menu. This keeps you in lineageOS recovery looking screen but the F letter is selected and the header color changes. From this fastboot mode, you can choose to reboot to bootloader. They are two different modes. I always thought the bootloader was fastboot mode since from there you stop issuing adb commands and instead use the fastboot command (from a pc that is). But they are clearly distinct modes with distinct behavior.

Reactions: jhedfors

flyoffacliff

Jun 4, 2014
Well there seems to be a different thing between fastboot reboot bootloader vs. booting into recovery and then selecting "enter fastboot" from the advanced menu. This keeps you in lineageOS recovery looking screen but the F letter is selected and the header color changes. From this fastboot mode, you can choose to reboot to bootloader. They are two different modes. I always thought the bootloader was fastboot mode since from there you stop issuing adb commands and instead use the fastboot command (from a pc that is). But they are clearly distinct modes with distinct behavior.

Yeah I noticed that too. It seems that lineage OS broke the stock fast boot mode somehow, although I didn't know this was possible, it will no longer connect to PC. So they integrated a new fast boot "fastbootD" into the lineage OS recovery, and only this one will connect to PC. But they included a button to get to the stock fast boot mode for compatibility reasons.

I could be way off here, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my best guess based on the very limited info I can find and my personal experience

jabashque

Feb 17, 2017
Yeah I noticed that too. It seems that lineage OS broke the stock fast boot mode somehow, although I didn't know this was possible, it will no longer connect to PC. So they integrated a new fast boot "fastbootD" into the lineage OS recovery, and only this one will connect to PC. But they included a button to get to the stock fast boot mode for compatibility reasons.

I could be way off here, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my best guess based on the very limited info I can find and my personal experience
No, that's completely wrong. The existence of fastbootd is not because Lineage broke abl's ability to accept fastboot commands--it's because of this: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/dynamic_partitions
And since abl (bootloader) won't be able to detect the partitions within said "super partition", Google specifies a userspace fastboot implementation to provide instead, fastbootd: https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd

fajita doesn't ship with dynamic partitions, so technically, fastbootd isn't actually needed. However, the fastboot implementation in fajita's abl doesn't ever allow the user to flash to the critical partitions (all the firmware-related partitions), even if you run `fastboot flashing unlock_critical`. But, since fastbootd runs in the same environment as recovery, and since the restriction on touching critical partitions doesn't apply when in the recovery environment, shipping fastbootd for fajita and telling users to use that instead to flash updated OOS firmware works around that issue. (This is not needed on other devices that actually lets users flash critical partitions from abl fastboot, like mata [Essential Phone])

Last edited:

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Oct 21, 2019
fajita doesn't ship with dynamic partitions, so technically, fastbootd isn't actually needed. However, the fastboot implementation in fajita's abl doesn't ever allow the user to flash to the critical partitions (all the firmware-related partitions), even if you run `fastboot flashing unlock_critical`. But, since fastbootd runs in the same environment as recovery, and since the restriction on touching critical partitions doesn't apply when in the recovery environment, shipping fastbootd for fajita and telling users to use that instead to flash updated OOS firmware works around that issue. (This is not needed on other devices that actually lets users flash critical partitions from abl fastboot, like mata [Essential Phone])
This exactly explains my experience trying to flash the vendor firmware update. A few others were struggling as well and considering using dd commands to touch those critical, locked partitions. Hopefully others attempting it will read all this stuff and realize fastbootd and bootloader are different modes.

xrayd2

Feb 26, 2017
So a couple of things about RTT for Verizon...

I think its the culprit for why there is a couple/few seconds when a call is made that the other side can't hear anything from my end. I know that I kept being hung up on when ordering takeout because they didn't hear anything from my end in the first few seconds of the call.

And another thing that is even more annoying (and may be fixed on the latest LOS but I'm pretty sure i tested and it was not) was that the phone signal disconnects/resets every 15 mins or so. Had a long call with my niece from another state and I had to call her back at least 5 or 6 times during it because of the frequent DCs.
I noticed the same things, also on Verizon - glad I'm not the only one going crazy! The phone app kept bringing up the RTT screen on every call which was also annoying. Hopefully the RTT issue also explains the call drops.

Is it possible that there's a build.prop setting that can be changed?

Reactions: chidi_duru

有本事

Sep 10, 2017
Sorry I had a problem. When I use LineageOS builtin updater app to update system. When system first reboot. I can't boot system. Auto boot in bootloader. Then I use adb to cutover partition A. I can start system, but still old version, update failed. And I haven't root or install Magisk, I don't know why.

itsabrick

Dec 22, 2015
Sorry I had a problem. When I use LineageOS builtin updater app to update system. When system first reboot. I can't boot system. Auto boot in bootloader. Then I use adb to cutover partition A. I can start system, but still old version, update failed. And I haven't root or install Magisk, I don't know why.
I installed Lineage the way mentioned on Lineage.org for Oneplus 6T and OTA works. By your description I would bet you used Twrp to install LOS?

antoniodilorenzo

Jul 21, 2018
Hi guys, I wanted to congratulate you on the wonderful job you have done, thanks to you my Oneplus 6T is reborn! I have only one problem: Ok Google voice match doesn't work, when I try to activate it it tells me "This feature is currently unavailable for this language". How can I solve?

Daegalus

Jul 23, 2010
Sammamish, WA
yulian.kuncheff.com
Hi guys, I wanted to congratulate you on the wonderful job you have done, thanks to you my Oneplus 6T is reborn! I have only one problem: Ok Google voice match doesn't work, when I try to activate it it tells me "This feature is currently unavailable for this language". How can I solve?

From my findings, this is actually a GApps issue. I have the same problem and reported it to NikGApps dev, he says its on his priority list to look into it, but currently working on a bigger fix.

The issue I am facing is, primarily for some Email apps like Spark and Edison Mail, I end up getting old/repeat notifications for emails I either already deleted, or have already seen. It gets worse the longer I don't reboot. Once I reboot its ok for maximum a day, then the repeats start. Rebooting also doesn't work aswell the longer you have the app installed.

Anyone have thoughts on how to fix it or what it could be?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About GCam:
    The latest release of Nikita (v1.3) is compatible with OP6/6T

My config file in attached file.
    A stable firmware 11 in a few weeks?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/otagrf
    Some latest builds were removed (e.g. OP5/5T, OP6/6T)
    So - I WASN'T the only one... 😜
    Thanks!
    I rolled back (switched slots) to 7/22 version, and am not longer experiencing the touch issue above. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the 7/29 update?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/otagrf
    Some latest builds were removed (e.g. OP5/5T, OP6/6T)
    I just installed the 7/29 update. The touch response is really off for me where initial touches register as "select" rather than "click". I have to touch a second time often.

Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestion how to fix?
    I rolled back (switched slots) to 7/22 version, and am no longer experiencing the touch issue above. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the 7/29 update?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • WFD
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there, mine was called carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.