• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
May 19, 2019
@lash444 @xrayd2 and @flyoffacliff Any updates regarding your experience with this ROM and Verizon, from the last few weeks of builds? Also, for the RTT issue, are you using gapps? Just wondering if this is maybe not an issue if one is using the AOSP phone app?
I'm using this ROM on Verizon and I'm still hitting the RTT issue. I tried installing an alternative dialer (Simple Dialer) as a workaround since it doesn't support the RTT feature at all, but it also doesn't support voicemails, which means I still have to launch the stock phone app to check my voicemail. I do have gapps installed but I'm just using the normal AOSP phone app (com.android.dialer). Also, even though I'm using Simple Dialer, if I look at my call history in the stock phone app it still shows the RTT icon next to all my calls and says "Transcript available only for calls with messaging". So the RTT feature seems to still get enabled even though I made the call with Simple Dialer.

Not sure if this is related but I'm also hitting a more aggravating issue lately where the phone app will just crash after being on a call for 30 seconds. But then I can typically call the person back and the issue doesn't happen immediately the second time. This has happened to me on both the stock phone app and Simple Dialer.

Reactions: b8842dc0

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
I've been having the RTT issue on Verizon as well. I'd be willing to test any changes that might fix this, but right now I need a functional phone, and I've been having issues that are probably related to this (RTT showing up but no audio, weird noises on the other end that make the other end think it's a robocall and hang up, etc.). Probably going to flash back to an Android 10 ROM because this issue started with Android 11. There were also some issues several years ago with these devices and Verizon that I've seen around, not sure if that info would be relevant...

ashutosh_13

Dec 26, 2008
I have TWRP recover and i am running latest lineage ROM released on 10thJune and want to ,to update the lineage to latest nightly what is the procedure(asking in advance when the new version is loaded)
?

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there, mine was called carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
becomes
<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD

Last edited:

antoniodilorenzo

Jul 21, 2018
Hi guys is there a way to do a full backup before doing an update? I don't mean Google backups but partition backups like TWRP does. I ask this question because last week I tried to update to the latest version via OTA and despite having the Lineage Recovery I got the message "Can't load Android System. Your data may be corrupt". I lost all my data and had to do a factory reset

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Hi guys is there a way to do a full backup before doing an update? I don't mean Google backups but partition backups like TWRP does. I ask this question because last week I tried to update to the latest version via OTA and despite having the Lineage Recovery I got the message "Can't load Android System. Your data may be corrupt". I lost all my data and had to do a factory reset
When I want to backup, I just install TWRP and backup. For me, OTA works fine regardless of whether TWRP is installed or not (it's just gets replaced by LOS Recovery when updating).

ianofmoore

Feb 4, 2012
Nexus 7
Google Nexus 5
So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there, mine was called carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Change the following line:

becomes

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
I haven't had a chance to try your fix because I had to go back to stock because of this issue on seemingly every A11 ROM, but you're a lifesaver!

Edit: I just moved over from stock to LOS 18.1 and can confirm that this fix does indeed work on Verizon. NO MORE RTT! Thanks again @AluminumTank!

Last edited:

b8842dc0

Nov 11, 2015

becomes

Thanks @AluminumTank This worked very well for me. I'm now successfully using this ROM on Verizon. Hopefully this config change will survive updates!

Top Liked Posts

I converted my tmob to international.... I am assuming that it won't be an issue? (Looking for confirmation 😁)
    I'm in the same boat with a tmob converted to international. I ran the last OTA (10.3.11) without any issue, but haven't done this one yet. Assuming it should be fine, but I'm going to have some backups at the ready :/
    A stable firmware 11 in a few weeks?

About GCam:
    The latest release of Nikita (v1.3) is compatible with OP6/6T

My config file in attached file.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/otagrf
    Some latest builds were removed (e.g. OP5/5T, OP6/6T)
    So - I WASN'T the only one... 😜
    Thanks!
    I rolled back (switched slots) to 7/22 version, and am not longer experiencing the touch issue above. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the 7/29 update?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/otagrf
    Some latest builds were removed (e.g. OP5/5T, OP6/6T)
    I just installed the 7/29 update. The touch response is really off for me where initial touches register as "select" rather than "click". I have to touch a second time often.

Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestion how to fix?
    I rolled back (switched slots) to 7/22 version, and am no longer experiencing the touch issue above. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the 7/29 update?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • WFD
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.

becomes

Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.