• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

kill_master

Jun 26, 2010
Lisbon
Video playback has loads of stuttering.
Anyone else with the same issue?
Tested on YouTube, Plex, Netflix and happened with all of them.

The whole system stutters while playing videos, not just the video itself.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019
Well, yeah, the prebuilt kernel in that twrp.img doesn't contain the changes to work on R fw without entering crashdump mode. It's less hassle to just follow what the wiki says for updating vendor + fw: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

So does that mean the only workaround is to wait for a new version of twrp.img? Just like hayvan96, I successfully upgraded to the 9/2 build, then upgraded the firmware, and lineage works fine. However, if I try fasbooting to twrp, I get qualcomm crashdump mode.

This isn't a major issue for me since lineage is working fine, I'm just curious if there's any way to use twrp after upgrading the firmware.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Guys can someone let me know, How to make sure that my upgrade from old to new vendor firmware and kernel image is successful?
Check your baseband version.
.15-00007-SDM845_GEN_PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1 for fw 11.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-070353_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210906-070353_Settings.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 90

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
Just built LineageOS for microG today and updated. Also updated to OOS11 using the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

So far, everything is working, no issues with fingerprint scanner or camera focus. GCam is crashing though, so I need to figure that out :/

The best thing is that the Verizon RTT issue isn't happening anymore, so no need for the carrierconfig hack :)

Reactions: david72262

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
So does that mean the only workaround is to wait for a new version of twrp.img? Just like hayvan96, I successfully upgraded to the 9/2 build, then upgraded the firmware, and lineage works fine. However, if I try fasbooting to twrp, I get qualcomm crashdump mode.

This isn't a major issue for me since lineage is working fine, I'm just curious if there's any way to use twrp after upgrading the firmware.
I have had no problems installing TWRP while having the OOS11 firmware if installing through the Magisk app, BTW.

Reactions: thomasnsr

chief_wigum

Jun 5, 2012
Hello which way is best to update the firmware (OOS11)
Preferably without data loss. I just installed lineage-18.1-20210826 with TWRP recovery.

1. using the method https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

2. or this one
1. Boot TWRP
2. Flash OOS
3. Flash Lineage
4. Flash TWRP installer
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash gaps
7. Flash copy partition zip
8. Reboot system

With the second it would also work with a TWRP backup if the data is lost?

Is it better to first flash the version of lineage-18.1-20210902 or lineage-18.1-20210909 before I update the firmware. Without the firmware update, the ANT + and DASH versions no longer work https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/+/315213 right?

Reactions: mprost

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
There is a place to download lineage with microG prebuilt if you like the easy way and not build it yourself @
lineage.microg.org
Yes, I agree, this would be ideal. Unfortunately the updates have been sporadic at best. While right now they are somewhat regular (~3 updates in the past month), that has not always been the case.

And on top of that, it is annoying to switch back and forth between their builds and mine since you have to use the key migration script/zip every time you switch.

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
Hello which way is best to update the firmware (OOS11)
Preferably without data loss. I just installed lineage-18.1-20210826 with TWRP recovery.

1. using the method https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

2. or this one
1. Boot TWRP
2. Flash OOS
3. Flash Lineage
4. Flash TWRP installer
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash gaps
7. Flash copy partition zip
8. Reboot system

With the second it would also work with a TWRP backup if the data is lost?

Is it better to first flash the version of lineage-18.1-20210902 or lineage-18.1-20210909 before I update the firmware. Without the firmware update, the ANT + and DASH versions no longer work https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/+/315213 right?

First of all, you need to flash a lineage build after 9/2.

After that, I would say the best way is to use the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update. Only caveat is that you need to be on the international firmware already. If you don't have a carrier branded phone, then you are already set. If you do have a carrier branded phone, that's ok as well, as long as you've previously converted it to the international firmware.

The second way seems convoluted and pointless since the first way exists and is known to work.

Reactions: thomasnsr

kendallgreen

Oct 3, 2014
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Problem trying to update to lineage-18.1-20210909-nightly-fajita-signed.zip from lineage-18.1-20210819. I first tried to update using Lineage updater but that failed. I then tried the push-update.sh script which also failed. Finally I tried the adb sideload in Lineage Recovery, but that lead to inability to get out of fastboot mode. Any suggestions?

kendallgreen

Oct 3, 2014
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Problem may have been linked to old firmware. I updated the firmware using the Lineage fastboot method. Will try again but Lineage 20210909 still has the August security update. I can't seem to sideload open_gapps after sideloading LineageOS. I am left without any google apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Hello,

Thx for the files but when is it needed ?
    Optional if you have already updated your firmware from 10 to 11.
    See the screenshot of my previous post (i.e. vendor security patch level and baseband version).
    FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Thanx @Eric_Lev for the files and instructions. I've updated the firmware yesterday evening + installed the latest LOS+MicroG built and so far so good, everything works perfectly !
    And finaly, the color rendition is fine !!!!! Champagne !! Thanks @LuK1337 ;-)
    Dumb question : how do I get into fastbootD mode ?
    1- Boot up LineageOS recovery
    2- Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot”
    In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?
    Yes, I was having crashes happening all the time a couple of weeks ago. This has been working for me so far... Hope it stays that way.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.