• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Saksham03

Jun 15, 2016
LG G3
OnePlus 6T
Hello which way is best to update the firmware (OOS11)
Preferably without data loss. I just installed lineage-18.1-20210826 with TWRP recovery.

1. using the method https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

2. or this one
1. Boot TWRP
2. Flash OOS
3. Flash Lineage
4. Flash TWRP installer
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash gaps
7. Flash copy partition zip
8. Reboot system

With the second it would also work with a TWRP backup if the data is lost?

Is it better to first flash the version of lineage-18.1-20210902 or lineage-18.1-20210909 before I update the firmware. Without the firmware update, the ANT + and DASH versions no longer work https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/+/315213 right?
For R firmware, people are complaining about TWRP boot..

So for the second method.
Instead of TWRP use lineage recovery and instead of flash use adb sideload.

I would recommend to use the official method supported by Lineage.

chief_wigum

Jun 5, 2012
OK is that possible without data loss?

There are two more problems, what about the root, will that be retained? I also have MagiskHide Props Config so that the streaming service works, are there any problems?

vuittion

I am trying to update the baseband but I am unsure on the correct procedure.

I have downloaded the latest Stock Android 11 rom and this is where it gets a bit hazy for me.

Do I have to extract all the roms contents into minimal adb and go to lineague recovery fastbootd and run the commands from minimal adb.

Last edited:

BeardedGears

Apr 10, 2019
So has anyone had any issue with Google related functions not working when clicking on them? Install a app or update a app in play store, click on it and doesn't do anything, restart phone and it works for a bit then have to do it again to register clicking on update ... Or when logging if with Google account, when choosing a Google account it won't register till a restart and clicking again. Or wanting to add a photo from Google photos, only fresh restarts allow it... It has become annoying ... I have tried just installing oos and it still happens ... Then updated to oos11 then lineage ... And still happens... Fresh installs without backup install and still same issue... Think my phone is ****ed

Hey guys,

Just bought a T-Mobile Oneplus 6T off a buddy, haven't messed with an android since the 2013 Moto G.

I've battling with it since Saturday trying to get LineageOS 18.1 installed with no luck. So far I've managed to:

-Flash global rom
-Update to latest Oxygen OTA
-Unlock bootloader
-Install TWRP

When I get to the installing lineage part using this guide, I always end up only able to boot into fastboot and recovery.
I've tried a bunch of methods I've seen online for different variations of wiping different things at different points in the installation.

It may just be some version issue I'm unaware of. When I was trying to get it updated and TWRP installed I figured out after a few attempts that I had to update from 9.0.11 to 9.0.17 before updating to 10.

Currently running:
-OxygenOS 10.3.12
-TWRP 3.5.2

Thanks!

plasmamax1

Jan 20, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 6T
Since the 09/02 build, bluetooth audio became very compressed. Changing "Select maximum number of connected Bluetooth audio devices" to one fixed this for me. Not sure if this is a bug or not since I only have 1 Bluetooth device connected at a time.

jw_3246

Nov 12, 2014
Anyone facing OneNote and Amazon Kindle sync issue with 09/09 build? I changed to stock OOS 11 stable from LOS 09/02 build due to said sync issue.

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
Hey guys,

Just bought a T-Mobile Oneplus 6T off a buddy, haven't messed with an android since the 2013 Moto G.

I've battling with it since Saturday trying to get LineageOS 18.1 installed with no luck. So far I've managed to:

-Flash global rom
-Update to latest Oxygen OTA
-Unlock bootloader
-Install TWRP

When I get to the installing lineage part using this guide, I always end up only able to boot into fastboot and recovery.
I've tried a bunch of methods I've seen online for different variations of wiping different things at different points in the installation.

It may just be some version issue I'm unaware of. When I was trying to get it updated and TWRP installed I figured out after a few attempts that I had to update from 9.0.11 to 9.0.17 before updating to 10.

Currently running:
-OxygenOS 10.3.12
-TWRP 3.5.2

Thanks!

EDIT: Also should note that I had already gone through the T-Mobile specific bootloader unlock process before doing all of this. Specifically, I followed this guide starting at heading "For those with a OnePlus 6T bought through T-Mobile".

I took some (short) notes on the process after trying to follow the same guide, so here they are. Hope they help :)

For fastboot flash, I used OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_046_all_2005052113_26a111bd1040285.zip, but probably different versions will work (preferably newer). Make sure to check that the .img files in the firmware zip match up with the flash script.

detailed steps:
1. Unzip OOS firmware and use the script "flash-all-partitions-fastboot-DESTRUCTIVE.sh" to wipe userdata (fastboot -w) and flash all partitions. This wipes userdata, thus the DESTRUCTIVE in the name.
2. Boot OOS. If there are issues, it will probably dump to recovery. In that case, just use recovery to wipe data AND cache. Then trying booting again, should work now.
3. Let boot normally. (Optional: use built-in updater to get to latest OOS, not sure if necessary since you can also just follow https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update to flash firmware after installing Lineage.)
4. Then, drop into fastboot. Powering off, holding VolUp+VolDown+Power all at same time seems to work. You could also enable Developer Options -> USB debugging in OOS and do `fastboot reboot bootloader`.
5. Boot TWRP (fastboot boot <twrp.img>).
6. Flash TWRP installer, reboot to recovery.
7. Wipe (Factory Reset AND Format Data). Then reboot to recovery.
8. Flash ROM, flash TWRP installer, reboot recovery.
9. (OPTIONAL:) Flash ROM, flash TWRP installer (if recovery wanted, but recommend sticking with the default Lineage Recovery), reboot system.
10. Done.

Attachments

• flash-all-partitions-fastboot-DESTRUCTIVE.sh
    1,011 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:

isaachilly

Sep 18, 2021
Firstly I apologize if this is the incorrect thread.

Secondly, the matter at hand, I am stumped with an issue of installing Lineage 18.1 onto my Oneplus 6T McLaren (I dont think the McLaren makes a difference but I thought I'd ought to mention in case it does). I followed the guide on https://lineageosroms.com/fajita/ word for word and the installation said it completed with status 0. I reboot however, and it goes straight into the bootloader then fastboot and if I try to start again the boot it does the same and if I go into recovery and flash again it does the same. Lineage never seems to able to boot, the phone always goes into the bootloader and then fastboot.

I would appreciate any help you could give. The lineage install replaced TWRP with Lineage's recovery and so I think my first inclination is to flash again TWRP and start over.

Thanks,
Isaac

Reactions: thomasnsr

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Firstly I apologize if this is the incorrect thread.

Secondly, the matter at hand, I am stumped with an issue of installing Lineage 18.1 onto my Oneplus 6T McLaren (I dont think the McLaren makes a difference but I thought I'd ought to mention in case it does). I followed the guide on https://lineageosroms.com/fajita/ word for word and the installation said it completed with status 0. I reboot however, and it goes straight into the bootloader then fastboot and if I try to start again the boot it does the same and if I go into recovery and flash again it does the same. Lineage never seems to able to boot, the phone always goes into the bootloader and then fastboot.

I would appreciate any help you could give. The lineage install replaced TWRP with Lineage's recovery and so I think my first inclination is to flash again TWRP and start over.

Thanks,
Isaac
Did you update your firmware ? ... because the latest builds require the latest Android 11 stock ROM firmware.

If needed, you can download the required files for updating your fw here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode).

Last edited:

isaachilly

Sep 18, 2021
Did you update your firmware ? ... because the latest builds require the latest Android 11 stock ROM firmware.

If needed, you can download the required files for updating your fw here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode).
Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply.
I did not update my firmware so that may have been the or at least an issue.

I unfortunately now have a larger issue. I carried out what I said I was going to do of getting back to TWRP. I pushed it and installed it on the phone. I then powered off the phone and turned it back on to it always going into fastboot and the fastboot options of recovery or bootloader always returning me back to the fastboot menu. I believe this may be a brick esque issue. Please may I request help again?

Isaac,

isaachilly

Sep 18, 2021
Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply.
I did not update my firmware so that may have been the or at least an issue.

I unfortunately now have a larger issue. I carried out what I said I was going to do of getting back to TWRP. I pushed it and installed it on the phone. I then powered off the phone and turned it back on to it always going into fastboot and the fastboot options of recovery or bootloader always returning me back to the fastboot menu. I believe this may be a brick esque issue. Please may I request this forum's help again?

Isaac,

Top Liked Posts

Yes lots of people have. I flashed OOS firmware to my phone and am running fine. I'm pretty noob at android stuff, but not at linux. My only advice is that all the people failing seem to be trying to cling to TWRP. I say embrace the LOS recovery that they now bundle. Recognize that fastbootD mode in LOS recovery is not the same thing as booting to fastboot via adb. These are two different modes and only fastbootD mode via LOS recovery gives you the permissions you need to make things work.
    Hm, a current TWRP should also support fastbootd-mode. If not directly, it should be possible with this command sequence (from PC):

fastboot reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Now, TWRP should start in fastbootd mode ... if not, replace it with LOS-recovery ;-).

Ciao
    Kurt
    FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Hello,

Thx for the files but when is it needed ?
    Optional if you have already updated your firmware from 10 to 11.
    See the screenshot of my previous post (i.e. vendor security patch level and baseband version).
    Dumb question : how do I get into fastbootD mode ?
    1- Boot up LineageOS recovery
    2- Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot”
    Its still available on official website as well as ota is working..
    It is back now after being removed for several hours.
    In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?
    Yes, I was having crashes happening all the time a couple of weeks ago. This has been working for me so far... Hope it stays that way.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.