• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
What's the simplest way to convert from Tmobile to International if you're already unlocked the bootloader and are using LOS? Ideally, I'd love to do it in conjunction with flashing the vendor partitions to 11 without losing my current install and data. From what I can see, there are two ways to perform the Tmob to Intl flash: 1) original way that requires you to unlock the bootloader first (not an issue) but uses older version 9 firmware files and 2) Some .exe you can install on windows and run even with a locked bootloader (less appealing way for me -- rather not install exe's on windows if I can avoid it).

This looks like it copies files over to partitions similar to :

But maybe there are other changes as well? And the fw_update page from LOS has a big warning on it not to do it with carrier branded variants.

Can I do the top link's procedure, then immediately follow it with the LOS link's procedure, then reflash the latest ROM -- all without wiping apps/data caches?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I'm running this unrooted but still had some apps detect root and refuse to run.

Found this:

Installed Magisk
Edited /system/default.prop
Uninstalled Magisk from app

After reboot no more issues with apps detecting root.
Unfortunately, reality is much more complicated:

Good apps that rely on Safetynet will never identify you for this setting alone. They also look at a bunch of other things, such as the status of your bootloader, and I bet 99.9% of custom rom users have unlocked bootloaders. You need provisions in the rom and kernel (which actually most roms have) to fool Safetynet, and it is still not enough, because detection gets better every day. That's why you need Magisk to pass Safetynet, and that's why Magisk needs to be constantly updated.

Anyway, 'ro.secure=o' is the dumbest thing ever brought to custom roms. It's a leftover from the time, when setting ro.secure to zero would gain you root. Not anymore. But what it does do is make your system partition accessible to 3rd party apps. So, the only reason to have it is to show to the world: 'I am with stupid'.

Last edited:

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
Unfortunately, reality is much more complicated:

Good apps that rely on Safetynet will never identify you for this setting alone. They also look at a bunch of other things, such as the status of your bootloader, and I bet 99.9% of custom rom users have unlocked bootloaders. You need provisions in the rom and kernel (which actually most roms have) to fool Safetynet, and it is still not enough, because detection gets better every day. That's why you need Magisk to pass Safetynet, and that's why Magisk needs to be constantly updated.

Anyway, 'ro.secure=o' is the dumbest thing ever brought to custom roms. It's a leftover from the time, when setting ro.secure to zero would gain you root. Not anymore. But what it does do is make your system partition accessible to 3rd party apps. So, the only reason to have it is to show to the world: 'I am with stupid'.
Either way this change alone allowed the apps I needed to work. Maybe won't be the case for everything but for me it's enough for now.

chief_wigum

Jun 5, 2012
I still have lineageos-18.1-20210826 installed on my 6T. I would like to update to the latest version lineage-18.1-20210916.
What is the best way to do it?

1. Update lineage-18.1-20210916
2. Replace Lineage Recovery with TWRP.
3. Change to Fastboot and then do the firmware update https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update
4. Restart and you're done.

My 6T is rooted and I made magisk hide props config because of streaming, are there any problems because of this?

itsabrick

Dec 22, 2015
For the whole process I used Lineage recovery.

1. ADB Sideload lineage-18.1-20210916 (see install instructions in lineage wiki for fajita)
2. Fastboot with Firmwareupdate like mentioned in lineageos wiki (your link)

Everythings fine so far and no data lost.

chief_wigum

Jun 5, 2012
OK that means that it is also possible with lineage-18.1-20210916. So far I have always done the update via TWRP (ROM, TWRP and then the partition in TWRP changed and restarted).

What about magisk hide props does it go with it even if that is set, that is my main concern.

fengjc

Sep 20, 2021
Thank you!

Indeed, the dash charge support is lost with the latest build.

If I am not wrong:
1- From build 20210902, LOS 18.1 for fajita is compatible with firmwares 10 and 11.
2- It is recommended to update the firmware from 10 to 11 via the official procedure (see this commit, just merged) to keep ANT+ and dash charging support.

EDIT: Successfull update from fw 10 to fw 11 (see screenshot) .... fw 11 is here (if needed ... unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode).

Thanks @LuK1337 !
Hi, I just install the latest version 0916 but still see no dash charge support.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
  • Sad
Reactions: fengjc

edappere

Apr 10, 2020
I've installed the lineage-18.1-20210915-microG-fajita built a few days ago and so far everything works perfectly ! Thanks @LuK1337 and all contributors for this !

The only thing that annoyed me is Seedvault. I could not restore my apps and settings although I did make a backup on my previous lineage install (17.1). I really don't get the point on how to use Seedvault... am I the only one ?

edappere

Apr 10, 2020
I forgot to mention the LiveDisplay feature is still broken... I've set colors to "Natural mode" and it works for a couple of hours and then, for no obvious reason, colors start looking like I'm on a LSD trip (much too vivid) and there's no way to change that, except reboot the phone and cross your fingers :-(

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
I forgot to mention the LiveDisplay feature is still broken... I've set colors to "Natural mode" and it works for a couple of hours and then, for no obvious reason, colors start looking like I'm on a LSD trip (much too vivid) and there's no way to change that, except reboot the phone and cross your fingers :-(
Why don't you try today's build? A lot of hardware stuff including livedisplay have been updated.

HiBoU974

Dec 23, 2010
It seems to work fine for me, but I noticed some reddish icons are too vivid too(YouTube, reddit) especially if night mode is on without setting it less warmer than the default level...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Hello,

Thx for the files but when is it needed ?
    Optional if you have already updated your firmware from 10 to 11.
    See the screenshot of my previous post (i.e. vendor security patch level and baseband version).
    Its still available on official website as well as ota is working..
    It is back now after being removed for several hours.
    Dumb question : how do I get into fastbootD mode ?
    1- Boot up LineageOS recovery
    2- Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot”
    In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?
    Yes, I was having crashes happening all the time a couple of weeks ago. This has been working for me so far... Hope it stays that way.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.