• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

HiBoU974

Dec 23, 2010
Hello,

The ROM is very stable and thanks for this :)

I have a little bug on the lock screen: The keyboard doesn't show up.

Oddly, it was working only on the 20210923 release.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com

Attachments

• signal-2021-09-29-194627.png
    signal-2021-09-29-194627.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 83

HiBoU974

Dec 23, 2010
FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
Hello,

Thx for the files but when is it needed ?

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
This message is for Eric Lev specifically.

I'm hoping you can answer me directly. I want to try to simultaneously convert my T-mobile edition to international and upgrade the vendor firmware to the latest, ideally without losing my current LOS installation. Let me step through my plan and hopefully you can give me the last bit of guidance I need to pull this off.

First, I carefully reviewed the original conversion instructions which used an OOS 9 ROM. The gist is that you are flashing img files to various partitions exactly like with the official firmware update guide. The only difference that I spot is the following partitions are additional for the Tmob to Intl conversion:

Code:
fastboot flash --slot=all boot boot.img
fastboot flash --slot=all dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash --slot=all system system.img
fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta vbmeta.img

I have downloaded the latest Oxygen ROM from OnePlus and used payload extractor to get all the needed img files since the one you provide doesn't have the four additionally listed above included (for obvious reasons).

So now here is where I need your help. Am I right that I could just skip the system.img and boot.img files completely in order to not clobber my existing LOS installation? (btw I am already using the latest September ROM from LOS) I don't know what the dtbo or vbmeta images are for, but if I should skip any other images, please let me know. I realize this may not work, and I'll have to do a full clean reinstall, but I feel very close to a viable solution that will save me a lot of extra hours of tedious setup.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
This message is for Eric Lev specifically.

I'm hoping you can answer me directly. I want to try to simultaneously convert my T-mobile edition to international and upgrade the vendor firmware to the latest, ideally without losing my current LOS installation. Let me step through my plan and hopefully you can give me the last bit of guidance I need to pull this off.

First, I carefully reviewed the original conversion instructions which used an OOS 9 ROM. The gist is that you are flashing img files to various partitions exactly like with the official firmware update guide. The only difference that I spot is the following partitions are additional for the Tmob to Intl conversion:

Code:
fastboot flash --slot=all boot boot.img
fastboot flash --slot=all dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash --slot=all system system.img
fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta vbmeta.img

I have downloaded the latest Oxygen ROM from OnePlus and used payload extractor to get all the needed img files since the one you provide doesn't have the four additionally listed above included (for obvious reasons).

So now here is where I need your help. Am I right that I could just skip the system.img and boot.img files completely in order to not clobber my existing LOS installation? (btw I am already using the latest September ROM from LOS) I don't know what the dtbo or vbmeta images are for, but if I should skip any other images, please let me know. I realize this may not work, and I'll have to do a full clean reinstall, but I feel very close to a viable solution that will save me a lot of extra hours of tedious setup.
Once converted to the international version, flash the needed img files by following the official procedure (skip boot, system, dbto, ... Etc).

Last edited:

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Do you understand that I'm trying to combine the two procedures in one go and NOT override my existing installation? The procedure to convert to international is nearly identical to the procedure to update firmware to 11. The only difference is that it includes system, boot, dtbo, and vbmeta. I am wondering how important those four extra images are to the international conversion process. Boot is just the LOS recovery tool right? System is the LOS ROM itself right? If that is true, I shouldn't have to flash those at all. This merely leaves dtbo and vbmeta as the questions. Do I need to flash these to convert to international? Would it hurt my existing installation to flash them? Would I brick my phone or lock out the LOS system? vbmeta has something to do with verified boot. I don't know if it's critical or not to switch to international. I'm trying to save myself the trouble of having to do unnecessary things and reinstall my LOS setup from scratch.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Do you understand that I'm trying to combine the two procedures in one go and NOT override my existing installation? The procedure to convert to international is nearly identical to the procedure to update firmware to 11. The only difference is that it includes system, boot, dtbo, and vbmeta. I am wondering how important those four extra images are to the international conversion process. Boot is just the LOS recovery tool right? System is the LOS ROM itself right? If that is true, I shouldn't have to flash those at all. This merely leaves dtbo and vbmeta as the questions. Do I need to flash these to convert to international? Would it hurt my existing installation to flash them? Would I brick my phone or lock out the LOS system? vbmeta has something to do with verified boot. I don't know if it's critical or not to switch to international. I'm trying to save myself the trouble of having to do unnecessary things and reinstall my LOS setup from scratch.

Flash the needed img files by following the official procedure (skip boot, system, dbto, ... Etc) ... without guarantee of success.

Backup your data before flashing !

Note: I am not responsible if you brick you device ....

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasnsr

Saksham03

Jun 15, 2016
LG G3
OnePlus 6T
Boot is not just the Lineage recovery it also contains other things like kernel, ramdisk for the system to boot.

I would suggest one thing dump the lineage installation zip and check what partitions it has in the zip and don't flash those partitions while converting to international.

Note: I am not responsible for bricked device

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
That was a good idea!

Found partitions:
boot (67 MB), dtbo (8.4 MB), system (3.0 GB), vbmeta (4.1 kB)

Aha! Precisely the partitions that differ between the international conversion procedure and the vendor firmware upgrade official instructions. So it stands to reason that the official vendor upgrade and international conversion are effectively the same. So why the huge caveat at the top of the instructions? "Warning: These instructions are NOT for carrier branded variants."

Reactions: Saksham03

bradmillerbiz

Jul 21, 2016
Can anyone please tell me how I can return completely to stock? I flashed this using the directions on the wiki, including the part about copying the a/b slot, but wasn't able to get the phone to boot if I also installed Gapps, so I'm just on vanilla LOS right now and I'm not enjoying it. I want to just go all the way back to stock, or as close to it is possible, but all the guides and downloads I can find seem to be severely outdated. Like MSM Tool, for example, which I can't download anyway because the links on their site aren't working.

I promise, I've searched everywhere before asking, including this thread, the MSM Tool thread, and several others both here on XDA and elsewhere (it seems like when I've seen other people ask this, the response is always to the effect of "search this thread, it's been posted before"), but I just can't find, or am not recognizing the solution. Please help.

shaemasa

Can anyone please tell me how I can return completely to stock? I flashed this using the directions on the wiki, including the part about copying the a/b slot, but wasn't able to get the phone to boot if I also installed Gapps, so I'm just on vanilla LOS right now and I'm not enjoying it. I want to just go all the way back to stock, or as close to it is possible, but all the guides and downloads I can find seem to be severely outdated. Like MSM Tool, for example, which I can't download anyway because the links on their site aren't working.

I promise, I've searched everywhere before asking, including this thread, the MSM Tool thread, and several others both here on XDA and elsewhere (it seems like when I've seen other people ask this, the response is always to the effect of "search this thread, it's been posted before"), but I just can't find, or am not recognizing the solution. Please help.
Flash stock ROM through twrp.

Neshie

Jun 1, 2018
A short question ....
I still have the OxygenOs11 installed without a volte and I want to switch to LineageOs.
Is volte implemented in LineageOs18.1 or do I have to do it myself...like in OxygenOs....?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Hello,

Thx for the files but when is it needed ?
    Optional if you have already updated your firmware from 10 to 11.
    See the screenshot of my previous post (i.e. vendor security patch level and baseband version).
    Dumb question : how do I get into fastbootD mode ?
    1- Boot up LineageOS recovery
    2- Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot”
    Its still available on official website as well as ota is working..
    It is back now after being removed for several hours.
    In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?
    Yes, I was having crashes happening all the time a couple of weeks ago. This has been working for me so far... Hope it stays that way.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.