• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Following up on my Tmobile to International conversion + vendor firmware update. I did the vendor firmware update and it worked like a charm. I now have a Sept 2021 vendor patch date. My LOS installation was not clobbered at all. Is there a definitive indicator that I'm successfully converted away from tmobile's firmware other than build names?

Everything seems to be working just as it was. There is one thing that worries me though: The VoLTE option is shaded out and disabled. This was the case even before I did this firmware update. I could swear I had VoLTE setting enabled before, but it may have changed when I installed the September 24th LOS build from an earlier August build.

Termehansen

Oct 31, 2012
Copenhagen
In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
In the last couple of updates i have been getting occasional crash of camera with"can't connect to camera"

Anyone else with similar issues?
Yes, I was having crashes happening all the time a couple of weeks ago. This has been working for me so far... Hope it stays that way.

balekoglu

Nov 25, 2011
About firmware update. I opened FASTBOOTD mode in recovery then opened cmd in pc. tried the first commad "fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img". pc says "waiting for any device". Device manager sees the phone as "ONEPLUS A6013" with an exclamation mark. What am I doing wrong? ı don't know how to fix this.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
About firmware update. I opened FASTBOOTD mode in recovery then opened cmd in pc. tried the first commad "fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img". pc says "waiting for any device". Device manager sees the phone as "ONEPLUS A6013" with an exclamation mark. What am I doing wrong? ı don't know how to fix this.
You need to open the Command Prompt as an administrator so that you can run commands that require administrative privileges ... (if windows).

or/and it's a driver problem ... Windows update and then restart your computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: balekoglu

Termehansen

Oct 31, 2012
Copenhagen
If on Linux, maybe sudo for the fastboot? That's the case for me at least...

balekoglu

Nov 25, 2011
You need to open the Command Prompt as an administrator so that you can run commands that require administrative privileges ... (if windows).

or/and it's a driver problem ... Windows update and then restart your computer.
Thanks. Updating adb interface in optional updates worked.

Reactions: Eric_Lev

edappere

Apr 10, 2020
FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
Dumb question : how do I get into fastbootD mode ?

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Ey can anyone reccomend the best Kernel to go with this ROM? Also should use with OP6 Ench?
Most the custom Kernels on here seem to be only for Android 10.

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Ey can anyone reccomend the best Kernel to go with this ROM? Also should use with OP6 Ench?
Most the custom Kernels on here seem to be only for Android 10.
Eh how do I delete this double post...

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, while the oversaturated colours have been fixed with latest build on fajita (srgb is persistent), it seems that srgb is still to saturated on enchilada. Actually, I don't see a big difference between standard and srgb, when it was more visible before the A11 fw upgrade.

Reactions: Dafelleant

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Hi, while the oversaturated colours have been fixed with latest build on fajita (srgb is persistent), it seems that srgb is still to saturated on enchilada. Actually, I don't see a big difference between standard and srgb, when it was more visible before the A11 fw upgrade.
Sorry for going a bit off-topic but I installed OOS11.1 (the latest update) and straight up, the colors looked dull. What I realized a week or two later is that they looked dull on lower brightness, we're talking ~15-20% brightness. I increased it a bit more and the colors began looking much better while using Display P3 calibration with the tone slider at middle.

I know it sounds stupid but have you tried changing the brightness level?

Top Liked Posts

Ok, cool, thnx...
    I always though that bank apps didn't work if the phone was rooted, but seems then it's the other way around..
    A bit more complicated ... read this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n7yo7u
    Guys, i have never used a custom rom on my oneplus 6t, but oneplus really messed up with the android 11 update... there are bugs that will never be resolved...
    Bugs like, camera app crashing, caller id lag, battery drain, and most important, gmail stops syching mails after a while

are these bugs part of android 11 in general? or is this custom rom fixning those bugs? how clean is it? i just want a stable rom, no crap, no bloatware...

what about bank apps? do they work on rooted phons? probably not?
    thnx for feedback
    Before flashing LOS 18.1, did you do a factory reset on OOS 11.1.2.2 and check if the problems are still there?

As for LOS 18.1, it is up to you to test it to see if it suits you.... There’s no accounting for taste.

Installation instructions
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update .... But no need if you are on OOS 11.1.2.2

About OpenGapps
    Nano Open Gapps is recommended and this release is stable.
    Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.
    ==> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-all-android-versions-devices.3098071/

About GCam (non-exhaustive list)
    My GCam app is NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 ... enabling the use of a third-party gallery (i.e. gallery stock app).
    My config file is attached.
    For NGCam_8.3 :

About Root (if needed)
    You must flash magisk (see previous posts - Magisk-v23.0.zip is attached).

Tips:
    - Test LineageOS without Magisk first and use LOS recovery.
    - And above all, read the official instructions carefully before installing LineageOS.

Happy flashing !
    Thanks for posting this issue. I have noticed this issue as well lately and was wondering how to fix it.

Just to make sure, if I used OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_046 zip file to install originally, i should use Payload-Dumper against it to extract the files, correct?

I have gone ahead and was able to extract the files but wanted to make sure before heading into fastboot to flash the files over.

Thanks again
    I think you need to download the latest O+ build. When I first went through this process I used the "...34..._OTA_052...zip" and the issues persisted. It turns out that the website hadn't updated to the latest image file yet. I think I used the recommended O+ app and was able to download the "..34..OTA_0610...zip" (October build) and after I went through the extract/flash process everything worked fine.
    Just check to make sure you have the most recent build and you should be all set.

Good luck!
    (edited to fix a dumb grammar mistake)
    Nice you got it working. We also use Swiftkey (forgot to mention ;-) )

Yeah it's sad that it's EOL :-(
    Without LOS and derivates most people throw devices away and buy new ones.
    I also will use it as long CFW/LOS is supported and security updates are comming.

All the manufactures have dollar/euro signs in there eyes.
    The Planned Obsolescence is so wierd these days i can't describe.

But yeah that's another story.
    I am so happy that our device is still supported from PE on Android 11.

Does anyone know if our device will support A12/PE?
    (Dont get me wrong, not asking for ETA).
    Just want to know if @SevralT or another maintainer will bring PE12 for our device.

thx
    pOpY
    PixelExperience 12 GSI already available. I am using it right now. ArrowOS Unofficial maintainer fixed some bugs and when it will fully stable, I will build PE.
    Yes. I solved it that way. Changed the notification sound to something else and notifications sounds are working now. The previous sound was fine, when selected it played back with no problem. And it used to work. Don't know what messed it up.
    Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it even if I had solved it (and I should have written sooner the solution, as it might help others experiencing the same).

Hmmm... I see the FluidNG app. The fact it's no longer mantained doesn't inspire confidence but I could try it, sure (and thanks!).

I understand the nonavbark.apk thing, in order not to have conflicts with FluidNG (I suppose).

What is substratum lite for, though, in this scenario? I have zero experience with substratum. Zero, nada, zilch.
    Yes, it's EOL, but working in it's state.
    Substratum lite (from PlayStore) is an theming engine which can load the nonavbark.apk and both together can hide the default android 11 navbar. I forgot, you need root (magisk for Substratum lite to work).

Just install it, open it, give root permissions, install the nonavbark.apk, reboot, open substartum again and load/install the nonavbark.apk in substratum lite. Reboot again, and navbar should be gone.

YOU MUST FIRST SETUP FluidNG to work, because otherwise you are missing navigation controls :)

pOpY
    Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏

Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏
    Damn @Eric_Lev the fingerprint sensor is still showing up randomly. If I press it, it doesn't go away.I have to turn the screen on and off. Attached is a photo of the issue in Facebook Messenger and my nightlight option turned off.
    Even after a reboot ?
    Yes I rebooted to make sure.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.