• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

bradmillerbiz

Jul 21, 2016
Yes you can revert back to stock.
I'm sorry, but I need more help than that. This img is OOS 10.3.9 (which is Android 10) and the LOS I have installed is 18.1 (which is Android 11) so I need to be sure that flashing an OOS img based on Android 10 will be safe to do as all guides I've found say its best to flash an img based on the same Android version already installed.

Also, I can't find an up-to-date guide on returning to stock using TWRP (or any other method for that matter). Can you please provide me with a link to one? Thank you.

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
I'm sorry, but I need more help than that. This img is OOS 10.3.9 (which is Android 10) and the LOS I have installed is 18.1 (which is Android 11) so I need to be sure that flashing an OOS img based on Android 10 will be safe to do as all guides I've found say its best to flash an img based on the same Android version already installed.

Also, I can't find an up-to-date guide on returning to stock using TWRP (or any other method for that matter). Can you please provide me with a link to one? Thank you.
I'm don't really have a lot of experience with TWRP on phones with A/B partitions so I'm just gonna direct you to the method I use to go back to stock ROM.

The above URL will take you to the unbrick tool's thread where you can find MSM Tool and the fastboot ROM package for fajita. As of this moment, the latest package available to flash is OOS 10.3.8.

The instructions for using the MSM Tool and the required drivers can be found on the thread posted below.

If you plan on using this method, make sure you've backed up your entire phone, and have all the necessary drivers installed. Also, this tool will lock your bootloader when its done flashing the ROM.

Once the ROM is flashed, the first thing I do is install any remaining updates (if I want to run the latest update) using Oxygen Updater. When all that's done, only then I proceed to start setting up my phone for daily use.

Reactions: thomasnsr

BassR9

Oct 10, 2021
Hello everyone! The last time I tried to independently reflash my Oneplus 6T for the previous 17 version of LineageOS I broke the bootloader (despite the fact that I used the official manual from the LineageOS website) and I had to install an emergency update on OxygenOS.
Please tell me you could advise me to advise the instructions (someone from you did installing lately and can tell me) what to make step by step so that I do exactly the same thing that is told on your recommendation.

I found this tutorial https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-installing-lineage.4075955/
But here the author of the topic did not perform testing from OxygenOS version - 11.1.1.1
So I'm not sure if this will suit me
Also want to know if someone knows which version of TWRP is best to use?
Are there any difficulties installing Micro-G?

I have Oneplus6T(А6013 model), 11 Android version.
OxygenOS version - 11.1.1.1
Bootloader is already unlocked

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Hello everyone! The last time I tried to independently reflash my Oneplus 6T for the previous 17 version of LineageOS I broke the bootloader (despite the fact that I used the official manual from the LineageOS website) and I had to install an emergency update on OxygenOS.
Please tell me you could advise me to advise the instructions (someone from you did installing lately and can tell me) what to make step by step so that I do exactly the same thing that is told on your recommendation.

I found this tutorial https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-installing-lineage.4075955/
But here the author of the topic did not perform testing from OxygenOS version - 11.1.1.1
So I'm not sure if this will suit me
Also want to know if someone knows which version of TWRP is best to use?
Are there any difficulties installing Micro-G?

I have Oneplus6T(А6013 model), 11 Android version.
OxygenOS version - 11.1.1.1
Bootloader is already unlocked
Official procedure and use LOS recovery .. not TWRP recovery :

Note : No need to update your firmware ... FW 11.1.1.1 is the latest.
Only for your information :

Reactions: shaemasa

bradmillerbiz

Jul 21, 2016
I'm don't really have a lot of experience with TWRP on phones with A/B partitions so I'm just gonna direct you to the method I use to go back to stock ROM.

The above URL will take you to the unbrick tool's thread where you can find MSM Tool and the fastboot ROM package for fajita. As of this moment, the latest package available to flash is OOS 10.3.8.

The instructions for using the MSM Tool and the required drivers can be found on the thread posted below.

If you plan on using this method, make sure you've backed up your entire phone, and have all the necessary drivers installed. Also, this tool will lock your bootloader when its done flashing the ROM.

Once the ROM is flashed, the first thing I do is install any remaining updates (if I want to run the latest update) using Oxygen Updater. When all that's done, only then I proceed to start setting up my phone for daily use.
Thanks for this, but I tried it and may have an even bigger problem now. I got an error that read "sahara communication failed..." and now my phone wont turn on at all. not to recovery, bootloader, fastboot.. nothing. Wont even indicate that its charging.

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Thanks for this, but I tried it and may have an even bigger problem now. I got an error that read "sahara communication failed..." and now my phone wont turn on at all. not to recovery, bootloader, fastboot.. nothing. Wont even indicate that its charging.
Been there.

There are two possibilities.

1. The problem is temporary - If you can't get your phone to react to any button presses, leave it be for a minute or two, then try the flashing process again. If that doesn't work, plug it in for a few minutes and then try again.

2. The problem is a lot worse than it seems - As mentioned earlier, I've had the same problem in the past. I was trying to install a fastboot ROM using the MSM Tool and was stick with the same Sahara error. Tried all the drivers, multiple versions of MSM Tool but to no avail.
When all else failed, took the phone to OnePlus Service Center and the repair tech said that the motherboard is toast. Fortunately, when that happened, my phone was in the warranty period and they replaced the motherboard free of cost.

bradmillerbiz

Jul 21, 2016
Been there.

There are two possibilities.

1. The problem is temporary - If you can't get your phone to react to any button presses, leave it be for a minute or two, then try the flashing process again. If that doesn't work, plug it in for a few minutes and then try again.

2. The problem is a lot worse than it seems - As mentioned earlier, I've had the same problem in the past. I was trying to install a fastboot ROM using the MSM Tool and was stick with the same Sahara error. Tried all the drivers, multiple versions of MSM Tool but to no avail.
When all else failed, took the phone to OnePlus Service Center and the repair tech said that the motherboard is toast. Fortunately, when that happened, my phone was in the warranty period and they replaced the motherboard free of cost.
good news, everyone! i left it overnight and this morning when i woke up, i tried to turn it on and got a low battery indicater. charged it a bit and then was able to turn it on and boot lineageos. at least now i can keep trying. thank you.

rockynewsmaster

Jan 27, 2012
St. Louis
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 6T
Couple questions as I have taken a couple months off from using Lineagos 18.1. I flashed it back on a week ago and am fully updated with Oxygen 11.1.1 and the 10.04 build of 18.1.

1. My call volume even at the lowest setting is very loud. Fix or workaround for this?
2. I cannot find a setting to change vibrate/haptic feedback for apps. For instance a game i play vibrates during certain activities in the game, such as scoring a goal, etc. Is there somewhere i am missing a slider for turning down the aggressiveness of the vibration?

Thanks!

Droid_JD

Skipping audio issue.

Has anyone else had this? It's been happening for the last 2 weeks or so. Basically no matter that I'm doing, the audio skips/hiccups/lags for about 1-2 seconds every 5-10 seconds. It will do this with streaming audio, streaming video, local video, Google Maps navigation, ringtones, even Bluetooth-streamed audio.
I've updated to the latest vendor image, updated to the latest LOS build, and it happens whether I use a custom or LOS kernel. Makes no difference if I'm in wifi or cellular date, charging or on battery.

I did do a clean install of the OS and restored apps via TB and the problem persists.
Any thoughts what I can do to try and track down the cause of this?

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Gentlemen I used latest TWRP attempted to flash LOS 18.1.zip here from OOS 10.3.7 and got stuck in a fastboot brick (I was able to get it back to 10.3.7). I have been researching how to get TWRP on OOS 11.1.1.1 but so far no luck, but when I do I want to ask will TWRP be able to install LOS18.1.zip? Shouldnt you be able to flash LOS18.1 from OOS 10?

Also my device is a 6T International conversion using MSMtool, I dont know if that makes things different in regards to flashing LOS but if it does please let me know..

DoggyStar

Mar 5, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks Luk1337 for this great rom 😊

Is it normal that i only get 7.5w charging speed with original charger?
Everything else seems workin very well.
I dont use root, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
And i have latest android 10 version.

DoggyStar

Mar 5, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Gentlemen I used latest TWRP attempted to flash LOS 18.1.zip here from OOS 10.3.7 and got stuck in a fastboot brick (I was able to get it back to 10.3.7). I have been researching how to get TWRP on OOS 11.1.1.1 but so far no luck, but when I do I want to ask will TWRP be able to install LOS18.1.zip? Shouldnt you be able to flash LOS18.1 from OOS 10?

Also my device is a 6T International conversion using MSMtool, I dont know if that makes things different in regards to flashing LOS but if it does please let me know..
Use latest version. 10.3.9
And easiest way is use lineageos recovery to boot that up.

Reactions: ptuner

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
Ok, so... I followd instructions from here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/install

Got to this point:

1634395958437.png

After that the phone went into bootloop (I think that's what it's called). Since the guide states "With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power", I thought I needed to turn it off.

No amount of keeping the power button pushed turned it off. So I pressed power + volume up + volume down. The phone turned off. And now there is no way to turn it back on. I tried keeping the button pressed for a minute. Nothing.

What the hell happened?!?

EDIT
Ended up using the unbrick tool, which apparently worked (it's rebooting and the screen is on). Now I will have an Android 10 device and I will need to understand what the hell went wrong.

EDIT 2
I unbricked it. Re-updated to 11.1.1.1, installed recovery. I go to recovery but then once I reboot it enters bootloop. Is the Pre-Install instructions step supposed to be done once you get to recovery and before rebooting from recovery? Because at that point you cannot sideload or, if you can through adb it should be more clearly explained. I am now again facing the damn bootloop...

EDIT 3
Re-read instructions, got the Sideload from ADB thing that I was missing. Crossing fingers...

Last edited:

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Use latest version. 10.3.9
And easiest way is use lineageos recovery to boot that up.
Looks like a good lead thanks Mr. CatDoggystar. Does TWRP flashing to LOS18.1 work on that version or ony LineageOS Recovery?

DoggyStar

Mar 5, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Looks like a good lead thanks Mr. CatDoggystar. Does TWRP flashing to LOS18.1 work on that version or ony LineageOS Recovery?
Use that latest 10 version on oneplus site. Then load latest lineageos and also same day recovery.

Use this instruction and you should get it easy installed.
I try first with android 11 and that's failed to boot but then i switch latest 10 and it's works just fine.

Termehansen

Oct 31, 2012
Copenhagen
Just bought an extra USB-C cable for charging in the office, but it will not charge with this cable only with the red OP one... When googling I can see it seems to be a general issue with some cables. I thought USB-C was a common standard. Are there any tricks to be able to charge with other cables, and how do I know which cables work up front before buying?

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Use that latest 10 version on oneplus site. Then load latest lineageos and also same day recovery.

Use this instruction and you should get it easy installed.
I try first with android 11 and that's failed to boot but then i switch latest 10 and it's works just fine.
I successfully flashed the OOS version you linked, now did this at fastboot mode:
fastboot getvar current-slot = (got this result) current-slot: b
fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210930-recovery-fajita.img
(got this result) Sending 'boot_b'... Writing 'boot_b'... Finished...

The first time I did this the phone restarted back to OOS10.3.9, the second time I tried it just stays on fastboot mode and doesnt do anything (the command results I show above is from the 2nd attempt...) I suspect this might be a slot problem, not sure..

Last edited:

DoggyStar

Mar 5, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
I successfully flashed the OOS version you linked, now did this at fastboot mode:
fastboot getvar current-slot = (got this result) current-slot: b
fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210930-recovery-fajita.img
(got this result) Sending 'boot_b'... Writing 'boot_b'... Finished...

The first time I did this the phone restarted back to OOS10.3.9, the second time I tried it just stays on fastboot mode and doesnt do anything (the command results I show above is from the 2nd attempt...) I suspect this might be a slot problem, not sure..
Use latest recovery, that is 20211014, and also use same day os.
When you are fastboot mode, just flash boot like you dit it before. Then shut down phone and boot it straight to recovery using button volume down and power. Push the button long as you see text your phone and so on. Then release the button and you should boot to recovery.
And it's not the slot problem.

edappere

Apr 10, 2020
FYI ... firmware 11.1.1.1:

About updating firmware on fajita:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
Thanx @Eric_Lev for the files and instructions. I've updated the firmware yesterday evening + installed the latest LOS+MicroG built and so far so good, everything works perfectly !
And finaly, the color rendition is fine !!!!! Champagne !! Thanks @LuK1337 ;-)

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
Is there a way to restore OOS styled gesture navigation? I much preferred that to standard AOSP version.

I am rooted, if that can help.

Top Liked Posts

Ok, cool, thnx...
    I always though that bank apps didn't work if the phone was rooted, but seems then it's the other way around..
    A bit more complicated ... read this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n7yo7u
    Guys, i have never used a custom rom on my oneplus 6t, but oneplus really messed up with the android 11 update... there are bugs that will never be resolved...
    Bugs like, camera app crashing, caller id lag, battery drain, and most important, gmail stops syching mails after a while

are these bugs part of android 11 in general? or is this custom rom fixning those bugs? how clean is it? i just want a stable rom, no crap, no bloatware...

what about bank apps? do they work on rooted phons? probably not?
    thnx for feedback
    Before flashing LOS 18.1, did you do a factory reset on OOS 11.1.2.2 and check if the problems are still there?

As for LOS 18.1, it is up to you to test it to see if it suits you.... There’s no accounting for taste.

Installation instructions
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update .... But no need if you are on OOS 11.1.2.2

About OpenGapps
    Nano Open Gapps is recommended and this release is stable.
    Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.
    ==> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-all-android-versions-devices.3098071/

About GCam (non-exhaustive list)
    My GCam app is NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 ... enabling the use of a third-party gallery (i.e. gallery stock app).
    My config file is attached.
    For NGCam_8.3 :

About Root (if needed)
    You must flash magisk (see previous posts - Magisk-v23.0.zip is attached).

Tips:
    - Test LineageOS without Magisk first and use LOS recovery.
    - And above all, read the official instructions carefully before installing LineageOS.

Happy flashing !
    Thanks for posting this issue. I have noticed this issue as well lately and was wondering how to fix it.

Just to make sure, if I used OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_046 zip file to install originally, i should use Payload-Dumper against it to extract the files, correct?

I have gone ahead and was able to extract the files but wanted to make sure before heading into fastboot to flash the files over.

Thanks again
    I think you need to download the latest O+ build. When I first went through this process I used the "...34..._OTA_052...zip" and the issues persisted. It turns out that the website hadn't updated to the latest image file yet. I think I used the recommended O+ app and was able to download the "..34..OTA_0610...zip" (October build) and after I went through the extract/flash process everything worked fine.
    Just check to make sure you have the most recent build and you should be all set.

Good luck!
    (edited to fix a dumb grammar mistake)
    Nice you got it working. We also use Swiftkey (forgot to mention ;-) )

Yeah it's sad that it's EOL :-(
    Without LOS and derivates most people throw devices away and buy new ones.
    I also will use it as long CFW/LOS is supported and security updates are comming.

All the manufactures have dollar/euro signs in there eyes.
    The Planned Obsolescence is so wierd these days i can't describe.

But yeah that's another story.
    I am so happy that our device is still supported from PE on Android 11.

Does anyone know if our device will support A12/PE?
    (Dont get me wrong, not asking for ETA).
    Just want to know if @SevralT or another maintainer will bring PE12 for our device.

thx
    pOpY
    PixelExperience 12 GSI already available. I am using it right now. ArrowOS Unofficial maintainer fixed some bugs and when it will fully stable, I will build PE.
    Yes. I solved it that way. Changed the notification sound to something else and notifications sounds are working now. The previous sound was fine, when selected it played back with no problem. And it used to work. Don't know what messed it up.
    Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it even if I had solved it (and I should have written sooner the solution, as it might help others experiencing the same).

Hmmm... I see the FluidNG app. The fact it's no longer mantained doesn't inspire confidence but I could try it, sure (and thanks!).

I understand the nonavbark.apk thing, in order not to have conflicts with FluidNG (I suppose).

What is substratum lite for, though, in this scenario? I have zero experience with substratum. Zero, nada, zilch.
    Yes, it's EOL, but working in it's state.
    Substratum lite (from PlayStore) is an theming engine which can load the nonavbark.apk and both together can hide the default android 11 navbar. I forgot, you need root (magisk for Substratum lite to work).

Just install it, open it, give root permissions, install the nonavbark.apk, reboot, open substartum again and load/install the nonavbark.apk in substratum lite. Reboot again, and navbar should be gone.

YOU MUST FIRST SETUP FluidNG to work, because otherwise you are missing navigation controls :)

pOpY
    Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏

Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏
    Damn @Eric_Lev the fingerprint sensor is still showing up randomly. If I press it, it doesn't go away.I have to turn the screen on and off. Attached is a photo of the issue in Facebook Messenger and my nightlight option turned off.
    Even after a reboot ?
    Yes I rebooted to make sure.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.