• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Has anyone booted LOS18.1 from OOS11.1.1.1 firmware? PBO3.img and Stable.img not booting twrp for me.

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Yes lots of people have. I flashed OOS firmware to my phone and am running fine. I'm pretty noob at android stuff, but not at linux. My only advice is that all the people failing seem to be trying to cling to TWRP. I say embrace the LOS recovery that they now bundle. Recognize that fastbootD mode in LOS recovery is not the same thing as booting to fastboot via adb. These are two different modes and only fastbootD mode via LOS recovery gives you the permissions you need to make things work.

Reactions: thomasnsr

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
Yes lots of people have. I flashed OOS firmware to my phone and am running fine. I'm pretty noob at android stuff, but not at linux. My only advice is that all the people failing seem to be trying to cling to TWRP. I say embrace the LOS recovery that they now bundle. Recognize that fastbootD mode in LOS recovery is not the same thing as booting to fastboot via adb. These are two different modes and only fastbootD mode via LOS recovery gives you the permissions you need to make things work.
Hm, a current TWRP should also support fastbootd-mode. If not directly, it should be possible with this command sequence (from PC):

fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot fastboot

Now, TWRP should start in fastbootd mode ... if not, replace it with LOS-recovery ;-).

Ciao
Kurt

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Well you say that, but when I first tried to put LOS on my phone, I used TWRP too. I tried to enter fastboot via adb, got a different fastboot mode, and almost bricked my device too.

Go back to post #446 and read what that user wrote. You can go back a few posts to get more context, but that post explains it well. It should be stickied.

Last edited:

c2tu6u

Sep 2, 2016
Nadiad
As now Android 11 Open Gapps Stable Released

So fajita los 18.1 build supports open gapps aroma pkg ?
Screenshot_20211023-095711.jpg

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
As now Android 11 Open Gapps Stable Released

So fajita los 18.1 build supports open gapps aroma pkg ?
View attachment 5439353

Note: If you opt to use Open GApps, they offer a variety of sizes of packages that include and overwrite different apps. We only recommend package sizes up through nano, as described in Open GApps Package Comparison. If you use a larger package, we can not guarantee that everything will function on your device, as in many of these cases our included apps are overwritten in favor of the Google App equivalents.

edappere

Apr 10, 2020
I have noticed a strange behavior concerning the LiveDisplay feature (my longtime favorite bug !). The color profiles work properly... except when "night light"* is ON. In night light mode, you can choose any of the profiles, you only get vivid colors like in DCI-P3 / Wide color modes. Standard or sRGB are not applied...
I'm using 18.1-20211018-microG-fajita built, I don't know if any later built corrects this. Can I report this somewhere ?

*I don't know the exact name in English since I'm using the ROM in French

javier87gav

Dec 18, 2013
First of all, thanks for the ROM, so far so good. Good battery performance, pretty fluid, Safetynet passed easily with magiskHide + propConf, ...
The only bug I've found is that USB file transfer is not working. I've tried it on 2 windows computers and the device is not recognized as USB mass storage, I've tried on a Linux computer and it's working though. It's not drivers related cause using stock ROM or other custom roms makes file transfer works on windows.
Anyone with this issue?

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
First of all, thanks for the ROM, so far so good. Good battery performance, pretty fluid, Safetynet passed easily with magiskHide + propConf, ...
The only bug I've found is that USB file transfer is not working. I've tried it on 2 windows computers and the device is not recognized as USB mass storage, I've tried on a Linux computer and it's working though. It's not drivers related cause using stock ROM or other custom roms makes file transfer works on windows.
Anyone with this issue?
No issue here

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
All of a sudden I lost notifications sound. Settings are ok, I checked the notification media file is correctly selected. Notifications for apps where I don't get the sound are not muted... what am I missing. I already have tried rebooting.

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
You can use substratum lite + nonavbar.apk (for ANdroid 11, which hides the navigation bar, floating here around on XDA) + FluidNG from play store to archive this. My wife is using this because she also wanted the OOS styled gestures back. Sometimes FluidNG doesnt work (when you get a call and phone is locked, also some situations i cant remember). but she is pretty satisfied.

-> for i just use the new gestures and love them now.

If you need more informations, just ping me here.

pOpY

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
Try changing the notification ringtone to something else. You could also try rebooting a 2nd time :p . Is Do Not Disturb mode on by any chance?

Yes. I solved it that way. Changed the notification sound to something else and notifications sounds are working now. The previous sound was fine, when selected it played back with no problem. And it used to work. Don't know what messed it up.
Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it even if I had solved it (and I should have written sooner the solution, as it might help others experiencing the same).

You can use substratum lite + nonavbar.apk (for ANdroid 11, which hides the navigation bar, floating here around on XDA) + FluidNG from play store to archive this. My wife is using this because she also wanted the OOS styled gestures back. Sometimes FluidNG doesnt work (when you get a call and phone is locked, also some situations i cant remember). but she is pretty satisfied.

-> for i just use the new gestures and love them now.

If you need more informations, just ping me here.

pOpY
Hmmm... I see the FluidNG app. The fact it's no longer mantained doesn't inspire confidence but I could try it, sure (and thanks!).

I understand the nonavbark.apk thing, in order not to have conflicts with FluidNG (I suppose).

What is substratum lite for, though, in this scenario? I have zero experience with substratum. Zero, nada, zilch.

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Yes. I solved it that way. Changed the notification sound to something else and notifications sounds are working now. The previous sound was fine, when selected it played back with no problem. And it used to work. Don't know what messed it up.
Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it even if I had solved it (and I should have written sooner the solution, as it might help others experiencing the same).

Hmmm... I see the FluidNG app. The fact it's no longer mantained doesn't inspire confidence but I could try it, sure (and thanks!).

I understand the nonavbark.apk thing, in order not to have conflicts with FluidNG (I suppose).

What is substratum lite for, though, in this scenario? I have zero experience with substratum. Zero, nada, zilch.
Yes, it's EOL, but working in it's state.
Substratum lite (from PlayStore) is an theming engine which can load the nonavbark.apk and both together can hide the default android 11 navbar. I forgot, you need root (magisk for Substratum lite to work).

Just install it, open it, give root permissions, install the nonavbark.apk, reboot, open substartum again and load/install the nonavbark.apk in substratum lite. Reboot again, and navbar should be gone.

YOU MUST FIRST SETUP FluidNG to work, because otherwise you are missing navigation controls :)

pOpY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice you got it working. We also use Swiftkey (forgot to mention ;-) )

Yeah it's sad that it's EOL :-(
    Without LOS and derivates most people throw devices away and buy new ones.
    I also will use it as long CFW/LOS is supported and security updates are comming.

All the manufactures have dollar/euro signs in there eyes.
    The Planned Obsolescence is so wierd these days i can't describe.

But yeah that's another story.
    I am so happy that our device is still supported from PE on Android 11.

Does anyone know if our device will support A12/PE?
    (Dont get me wrong, not asking for ETA).
    Just want to know if @SevralT or another maintainer will bring PE12 for our device.

thx
    pOpY
    PixelExperience 12 GSI already available. I am using it right now. ArrowOS Unofficial maintainer fixed some bugs and when it will fully stable, I will build PE.
    Even after a reboot ?
    Yes I rebooted to make sure.

Yes, it's EOL, but working in it's state.
    Substratum lite (from PlayStore) is an theming engine which can load the nonavbark.apk and both together can hide the default android 11 navbar. I forgot, you need root (magisk for Substratum lite to work).

Just install it, open it, give root permissions, install the nonavbark.apk, reboot, open substartum again and load/install the nonavbark.apk in substratum lite. Reboot again, and navbar should be gone.

YOU MUST FIRST SETUP FluidNG to work, because otherwise you are missing navigation controls :)

pOpY
    Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏

Wow, I would have never guess this, thanks so much!! I have turned off night light and I'll let you know if this resolves my issue 🙏
    Damn @Eric_Lev the fingerprint sensor is still showing up randomly. If I press it, it doesn't go away.I have to turn the screen on and off. Attached is a photo of the issue in Facebook Messenger and my nightlight option turned off.
    Hi all! I've searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to my issue:

Since I got Lineage, the fingerprint sensor randomly pops up unwanted after the phone is unlocked. I have to turn the screen on and off to get it to go away. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a fix?

I'm currently on lineage_fajita-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 10036875

Thanks in advance!
    Try this fix :
    Turning off Night Light, the fingerprint is quite accurate ... Turning on Night Light, the fingerprint is not recognized.

See this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-lineageos-18-1.4270931/page-24#post-85951483
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
    - sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.