• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

balekoglu

Nov 25, 2011
For the last month, gmail app don't give me any notifications. i uninstalled and reinstalled, changed battery optimization settings, set it to sync all the mails. I am not able to make it work. any suggestions?

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
It appears to work perfectly. The only thing I don't know how to replicate, nor I know if it's possible to, is raising the keyboard a bit, for less stressful typing.
Thank you again!

Edit: Using SwiftKey keyboard provides a solution. While still allowing for Google voice dictation. Sometimes Android flexibility still manages to shine through. Although it's harder and harder...

FYI

Hmmm... not a very classy act to release Android 11 and then after a couple of months EOL the device. Glad I jumped on Lineage 'cause stock 11 was completely demolishing my battery after OTA update. But still I feel that the right thing to do would have been to provide security patches for at least a year after providing the update to 11.

Last edited:

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Nice you got it working. We also use Swiftkey (forgot to mention ;-) )

Yeah it's sad that it's EOL :-(
Without LOS and derivates most people throw devices away and buy new ones.
I also will use it as long CFW/LOS is supported and security updates are comming.

All the manufactures have dollar/euro signs in there eyes.
The Planned Obsolescence is so wierd these days i can't describe.

But yeah that's another story.
I am so happy that our device is still supported from PE on Android 11.

Does anyone know if our device will support A12/PE?
(Dont get me wrong, not asking for ETA).
Just want to know if @SevralT or another maintainer will bring PE12 for our device.

thx
pOpY

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Bought a LeEco -- put LOS on it day 1. Bought a Motorola G7 Plus -- put LOS on it day 1. Bought my 6T -- put LOS on it day 1. :D When I need a new phone, I try to size up with LOS will support the longest (and that doesn't cost ridiculous amounts).

And I'm still throwing unofficial LOS updates on my Nexus 5 thanks to razorloves.

SevralT

Oct 7, 2020
Izmail
Nice you got it working. We also use Swiftkey (forgot to mention ;-) )

Yeah it's sad that it's EOL :-(
Without LOS and derivates most people throw devices away and buy new ones.
I also will use it as long CFW/LOS is supported and security updates are comming.

All the manufactures have dollar/euro signs in there eyes.
The Planned Obsolescence is so wierd these days i can't describe.

But yeah that's another story.
I am so happy that our device is still supported from PE on Android 11.

Does anyone know if our device will support A12/PE?
(Dont get me wrong, not asking for ETA).
Just want to know if @SevralT or another maintainer will bring PE12 for our device.

thx
pOpY
PixelExperience 12 GSI already available. I am using it right now. ArrowOS Unofficial maintainer fixed some bugs and when it will fully stable, I will build PE.

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
I use Tasker for various... well, tasks!

Noticed that setting volume to max through profiles was not maxing it. So I went in Tasker and I noticed a strange situation.

Max media volume used to be 30 on OOS. Now it's 25. Is it normal?

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
PixelExperience 12 GSI already available. I am using it right now. ArrowOS Unofficial maintainer fixed some bugs and when it will fully stable, I will build PE.
Thx a lot for keeping our device alive!
Do you have any idea why google photos bringst the 'Device too hot' message?

Thx

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
I use Tasker for various... well, tasks!

Noticed that setting volume to max through profiles was not maxing it. So I went in Tasker and I noticed a strange situation.

Max media volume used to be 30 on OOS. Now it's 25. Is it normal?
Yeah, some Manufacturers modify the System to their needs/liking. Saw this also in the paßt on other phones/fw.

Sjiro

Mar 7, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey all.

So with the disaster the OxygenOS update for Android 11 turned out to be I decided to give LOS on my OnePlus 6T a try. It runs like a gem on one of my tablets so why wouldn't it on my OP6T.

So I followed the official instructions very carefully but for some reason my device keeps ending up in a bootloop which then results in a return to the LOS Recovery and the prompt:

"Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data on this device."

So I did. Multiple times with no result.

At some point I actually managed to get into the setup screen of Lineage. But, for some reason, the GAPPS weren't installed with the OS. So I tried to flash them (dumb, I know) and managed to, once more, get stuck in this bootloop that I haven't been able to get out of the entire day by now (except that one time where I didn't do anything specifically different as far as I remember).

The message I get from the shell is as follows:

"E: Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to storage/emulated: No such file or directory
E:emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/' on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory"

I tried updating the firmware through fastboot but I can't seem to approach the device through the fastboot module withing LOS Recovery. My OP6T does get recognized in it's own fastboot menu.

So I tried to go back all the way to flashing the stock OxygenOS which fails because the 11.1.1 build I flashed from is to recent. Sideloading OOS versions through LOS Recovery have failed me as well so far. I fear I sort of bricked the phone now.

Any tips? Am I blatantly overlooking something?

Sjiro

Mar 7, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey all.

So with the disaster the OxygenOS update for Android 11 turned out to be I decided to give LOS on my OnePlus 6T a try. It runs like a gem on one of my tablets so why wouldn't it on my OP6T.

So I followed the official instructions very carefully but for some reason my device keeps ending up in a bootloop which then results in a return to the LOS Recovery and the prompt:

So I did. Multiple times with no result.

At some point I actually managed to get into the setup screen of Lineage. But, for some reason, the GAPPS weren't installed with the OS. So I tried to flash them (dumb, I know) and managed to, once more, get stuck in this bootloop that I haven't been able to get out of the entire day by now (except that one time where I didn't do anything specifically different as far as I remember).

The message I get from the shell is as follows:

I tried updating the firmware through fastboot but I can't seem to approach the device through the fastboot module withing LOS Recovery. My OP6T does get recognized in it's own fastboot menu.

So I tried to go back all the way to flashing the stock OxygenOS which fails because the 11.1.1 build I flashed from is to recent. Sideloading OOS versions through LOS Recovery have failed me as well so far. I fear I sort of bricked the phone now.

Any tips? Am I blatantly overlooking something?
To add to this. I just thought let me try it once more without flashing gapps and that seems to make the device boot. So I am confused because I did stick to the instructions as provided. I restarted the phone multiple times now after flashing the ROM 'succesfully' without gapps.

Droid_JD

To add to this. I just thought let me try it once more without flashing gapps and that seems to make the device boot. So I am confused because I did stick to the instructions as provided. I restarted the phone multiple times now after flashing the ROM 'succesfully' without gapps.
Have you tried flashing with TWRP as opposed to Lineage recovery?
I don't know if that would make a difference but it might be worth a shot if you're stuck with the same results multiple times using LosR.
Just make sure you use the latest TWRP. I think it's 2.5.9.0, but I could be mistaken.

Sjiro

Mar 7, 2012
Amsterdam
Have you tried flashing with TWRP as opposed to Lineage recovery?
I don't know if that would make a difference but it might be worth a shot if you're stuck with the same results multiple times using LosR.
Just make sure you use the latest TWRP. I think it's 2.5.9.0, but I could be mistaken.
Thanks for the feedback. I actually managed to fix it and it looks like the issue was in the most recent Gapps release. I went back to the 2509 release of Gapps and tried flashing LOS once more with Gapps. Works like a charm now. Beating myself over the head a little that I didn't exclude the Gapps version as the troublemaker earlier.

Droid_JD

Thanks for the feedback. I actually managed to fix it and it looks like the issue was in the most recent Gapps release. I went back to the 2509 release of Gapps and tried flashing LOS once more with Gapps. Works like a charm now. Beating myself over the head a little that I didn't exclude the Gapps version as the troublemaker earlier.
Glad it worked out!

Reactions: Sjiro

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
About OpenGapps:

Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.

Reactions: Sjiro

et5

May 7, 2021
Hi all, "Ok Google" or "Hey google" not detected by Google assistant. Does anyone know a fix? I have tried and read everything in vain. Manually activate google mic, Assistant will response to questions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason I can't get lineage-18.1-20220113-nightly-fajita-signed.zip to work on my phone, it just sits at the LineageOS "booting" logo for hours. I even tried freshly wiping my 6T via MSM tool, updating to latest OOS11, and installing fresh.

lineage-18.1-20220106-nightly-fajita-signed.zip works fine.
    I stand to be corrected but I think those will be included in the next nightly.
    Indeed wait for next nightly... It should work as my self compiled 20220115 daily with the revert did not cause a bootloop
    Same for me., bootloop after updating from 6/01 to 13/01 build. I had to reinstall 6/01 build in order to get my phone work again
    @LuK1337 :

Same here (OTA update - no root).

To reinstall the previous build (0610) :
    - boot to recovery
    - flash 0601
    - reboot to recovery
    - flash gapp
    - reboot system now
    I think I have at least 2 problems going on, one seems to be related to versions of OOS I was running prior to installing LineageOS, and the other seems to be related specifically to the January 13th build.

If I reset my 6T with the MSM tool, it installs OOS 9.0.13, then the oxygen updater takes me to 9.0.17, and then 11.1.2.2.

This seems to leave my system in a... less than ideal state. OOS 11.1.2.2 can take almost 2 minutes to boot up (every time, not just first boot), and if I install LineageOS 20220106 over it (following the website's directions exactly), it also takes over two minutes to boot up too. Reflashing the most current firmware onto my device didn't help.

As a test, reset my device to 9.0.13 with the MSM tool again, but then installed 9.0.17, 10.3.12, and 11.1.1.1, and finally 11.1.2.2 over it, and lastly lineage-18.1-20220106-nightly-fajita-signed.zip.

This worked great, my phone booted up LineageOS 18.1 (and all of the OOS versions along the way) in ~25 seconds or less.

Then I tried to update that install to the January 13th version via the LineageOS updater, and it failed the same way, stuck on the LineageOS Loading screen forever.

I downgraded to 20220106 and it's working well again. I'll stay there for now.
    For some reason I can't get lineage-18.1-20220113-nightly-fajita-signed.zip to work on my phone, it just sits at the LineageOS "booting" logo for hours. I even tried freshly wiping my 6T via MSM tool, updating to latest OOS11, and installing fresh.

lineage-18.1-20220106-nightly-fajita-signed.zip works fine.
    Currently having the same issue with that same update. Trying to flash the previous nightly now.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    I have gone through the trouble of extracting firmwares from the December 2021 update to OnePlus 6T's OxygenOS (version 11.1.2.2 - package OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21) using payload-dumper-go

But to make the process easier for others, i will share the resulting .img firmware files and the steps to update your firmware..

1) Download the extracted firmwares:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhtMEVX0vG2fhNBQfcu0LaKrq1F1K_ah/view?usp=sharing

2) Follow the firmware flashing steps:
    Code:
    1) Boot to Recovery
    2) Enter Fastboot (e.g for LineageOS recovery: "Advanced" > "Enter Fastboot")
    3) Connect phone to PC with USB cable
    4) Open cmd (command prompt) in your adb / fastboot binaries location folder, and then start flashing..
    Enter commands 1 by 1:

fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib cmnlib.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4j1ed fw_4j1ed.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4u1ea fw_4u1ea.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all LOGO LOGO.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img

fastboot reboot

Done, now your phone will boot up with the updated firmwares.

I should mention that today i first updated the firmware, rebooted before i was going to get today's new LineageOS build. But before i did so, i noticed that the interface was snappier.. so clearly not due to the LineageOS update, rather they made some performance tweaks in the latest firmwares from Dec 2021 OxygenOS..

So it's really worth updating your firmware. Also because it bumps the vendor security patch level to November 1, 2021 (the OxygenOS update is, as they say, focussed on security fixes)

Note: if you're looking for the entire original OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 ROM, i also uploaded that here: OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21.zip

Btw thanks @LuK1337 i've used your LineageOS on my 6T for the past 4 months, and the experience has been perfect!
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.