• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Eighthourblink

So it was a multi-step process, but it's actually pretty simple. LOS has a good guide here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update

I had some trouble figuring out how to extract the Rom using the Payload-Dumper-Go program, but this is what I did running Windows 10:
1. Copy original image (zip archive or payload.bin) to the same directory as payload-dumper-go exists - make sure you have the latest one, otherwise you'll continue to have problems (I mistakenly used the next-most-recent img and had to go through everything a second time)
2. in Powershell, enter "./payload-dumper-go payload.bin"
3. The extraction took a little while (maybe 10-15 mins, I wasn't really paying attention).
4. Boot into Fastboot and using the Command prompt enter the 20 +/- commands on the LOS guide.

Once everything is extracted, flashing the files took about 5 minutes.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for posting this issue. I have noticed this issue as well lately and was wondering how to fix it.

Just to make sure, if I used OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_046 zip file to install originally, i should use Payload-Dumper against it to extract the files, correct? Or should I use the newest available OP6Oxygen OTA update?

Looks like the command use the slot=all argument, but usually when i try to use it, it doesnt work, stating that it cant find the partition. Does this need to be applied to both slot A and slot B?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptunegxy

Droid_JD

Thanks for posting this issue. I have noticed this issue as well lately and was wondering how to fix it.

Just to make sure, if I used OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_046 zip file to install originally, i should use Payload-Dumper against it to extract the files, correct?

I have gone ahead and was able to extract the files but wanted to make sure before heading into fastboot to flash the files over.

Thanks again
I think you need to download the latest O+ build. When I first went through this process I used the "...34..._OTA_052...zip" and the issues persisted. It turns out that the website hadn't updated to the latest image file yet. I think I used the recommended O+ app and was able to download the "..34..OTA_0610...zip" (October build) and after I went through the extract/flash process everything worked fine.
Just check to make sure you have the most recent build and you should be all set.

Good luck!
(edited to fix a dumb grammar mistake)

Last edited:

Eighthourblink

I think you need to download the latest O+ build. When I first went through this process I used the "...34..._OTA_052...zip" and the issues persisted. It turns out that the website hadn't updated to the latest image file yet. I think I used the recommended O+ app and was able to download the "..34..OTA_0610...zip" (October build) and when I went through the extract/flash process everything worked fine.
Just check to make sure you have the most recent build and you should be all set.

Good luck!

Perfect -

Also figured out that I needed to be within LineageOS Recovery / Fastboot, rather than bootloader - fastboot and all the commands were sent over successfully.

Thanks for your help

Droid_JD

Perfect -

Also figured out that I needed to be within LineageOS Recovery / Fastboot, rather than bootloader - fastboot and all the commands were sent over successfully.

Thanks for your help
Yes, that too.
I remember reading something about fastboot/Fastboot-D, and LOS recovery being the better way to update vendor images.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Yes, that too.
I remember reading something about fastboot/Fastboot-D, and LOS recovery being the better way to update vendor images.

Reactions: Neptunegxy

AluminumTank

Jan 19, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
So, a longstanding issue I've had and haven't any success solving: all pictures sent to me via MMS are compressed to <50KB with initial investigation showing that the resolution is apparently always 360x480 (thumbnail quality). I've tried switching to different SMS/MMS apps but that hasn't solved the issue, nor has contacting my carrier to see if they can fix it from their end. Does anyone experience this?

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali
I did a fresh install of LineageOS 18.1 on my Oneplus 6T. Google Maps can no longer can find my location, but Waze does fine. Any suggestions 🤔

Update: GPS Status & Toolbox finally found a GPS lock after some time. Google Maps works again.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
FYI ... firmware 11.1.2.2 ... The last one !

About updating firmware on fajita:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-060647_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211203-060647_Settings.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 85

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
Guys, i have never used a custom rom on my oneplus 6t, but oneplus really messed up with the android 11 update... there are bugs that will never be resolved...
Bugs like, camera app crashing, caller id lag, battery drain, and most important, gmail stops syching mails after a while

are these bugs part of android 11 in general? or is this custom rom fixning those bugs? how clean is it? i just want a stable rom, no crap, no bloatware...

what about bank apps? do they work on rooted phons? probably not?
thnx for feedback

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Guys, i have never used a custom rom on my oneplus 6t, but oneplus really messed up with the android 11 update... there are bugs that will never be resolved...
Bugs like, camera app crashing, caller id lag, battery drain, and most important, gmail stops syching mails after a while

are these bugs part of android 11 in general? or is this custom rom fixning those bugs? how clean is it? i just want a stable rom, no crap, no bloatware...

what about bank apps? do they work on rooted phons? probably not?
thnx for feedback
Before flashing LOS 18.1, did you do a factory reset on OOS 11.1.2.2 and check if the problems are still there?

As for LOS 18.1, it is up to you to test it to see if it suits you.... There’s no accounting for taste.

Installation instructions
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update .... But no need if you are on OOS 11.1.2.2

About OpenGapps
Nano Open Gapps is recommended and this release is stable.
Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.
==> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-all-android-versions-devices.3098071/

About GCam (non-exhaustive list)
My GCam app is NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 ... enabling the use of a third-party gallery (i.e. gallery stock app).
My config file is attached.
For NGCam_8.3 :

About Root (if needed)
You must flash magisk (see previous posts - Magisk-v23.0.zip is attached).

Tips:
- Test LineageOS without Magisk first and use LOS recovery.
- And above all, read the official instructions carefully before installing LineageOS.

Happy flashing !

Attachments

• op6t-gcam-7.4.xml
    23.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Magisk-v23.0.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 4

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
Thx @Eric_Lev for the post... I am still on OnePlus android 10.3.6, not yet updated to 11.2.2 because of all issues with it...
That's why I want to try this ROM out , or maybe the other pixel experience one .. don't know witch one to choose...

Anyway, why do I need root? You said flash magisk (if needed) ?
Do you also tested pixel experience? Can you compare

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Thx @Eric_Lev for the post... I am still on OnePlus android 10.3.6, not yet updated to 11.2.2 because of all issues with it...
That's why I want to try this ROM out , or maybe the other pixel experience one .. don't know witch one to choose...

Anyway, why do I need root? You said flash magisk (if needed) ?
Do you also tested pixel experience? Can you compare
Some bank apps do not work properly if the custom ROM is not rooted.
So it will depend on your bank app. Mine does not require it.

My daily driver has always been LineageOS (OP3T, OP5T, OP6T and now OP7T) and I have never had any problems !

Reactions: thomasnsr

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
Some bank apps do not work properly if the custom ROM is not rooted.
So it will depend on your bank app. Mine does not require it.

My daily driver has always been LineageOS (OP3T, OP5T, OP6T and now OP7T) and I have never had any problems !
Ok, cool, thnx...
I always though that bank apps didn't work if the phone was rooted, but seems then it's the other way around..

yoruuba2

Nov 28, 2015

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Have you or anybody else managed to install the new Twrp image and installer successfully?
If so what's steps were used?
Online tutorial for the PoCo suggests one can install the new. img from the old twrp.
Not sure if that applies as well to the OP 6T.
You should be asking in the TWRP thread. I have had good luck installing with Magisk.
You just install it as you would a Magisk module from local storage (go to Modules, and select Install From Storage, and choose the TWRP zip). Just remember to reinstall Magisk in the app after.

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
Have you or anybody else managed to install the new Twrp image and installer successfully?
If so what's steps were used?
Online tutorial for the PoCo suggests one can install the new. img from the old twrp.
Not sure if that applies as well to the OP 6T.
This worked fine for me (as it always has) :
1. rebooted to twrp 3.5.2
2. Installed twrp 3.6.0 installer zip
3. Installed magisk
4. Rebooted to twrp (to check install... but is optional)
5. Rebooted to system

yoruuba2

Nov 28, 2015
This worked fine for me (as it always has) :
1. rebooted to twrp 3.5.2
2. Installed twrp 3.6.0 installer zip
3. Installed magisk
4. Rebooted to twrp (to check install... but is optional)
5. Rebooted to system
Thanks.... I'm assuming from twrp 3.5.2 you install the twrp image file first, then the installer zip?
Or am I getting it wrong, instead the installer zip will automatically install the twrp image.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason I can't get lineage-18.1-20220113-nightly-fajita-signed.zip to work on my phone, it just sits at the LineageOS "booting" logo for hours. I even tried freshly wiping my 6T via MSM tool, updating to latest OOS11, and installing fresh.

lineage-18.1-20220106-nightly-fajita-signed.zip works fine.
    I stand to be corrected but I think those will be included in the next nightly.
    Indeed wait for next nightly... It should work as my self compiled 20220115 daily with the revert did not cause a bootloop
    Same for me., bootloop after updating from 6/01 to 13/01 build. I had to reinstall 6/01 build in order to get my phone work again
    @LuK1337 :

Same here (OTA update - no root).

To reinstall the previous build (0610) :
    - boot to recovery
    - flash 0601
    - reboot to recovery
    - flash gapp
    - reboot system now
    For some reason I can't get lineage-18.1-20220113-nightly-fajita-signed.zip to work on my phone, it just sits at the LineageOS "booting" logo for hours. I even tried freshly wiping my 6T via MSM tool, updating to latest OOS11, and installing fresh.

Currently having the same issue with that same update. Trying to flash the previous nightly now.

Same for me., bootloop after updating from 6/01 to 13/01 build. I had to reinstall 6/01 build in order to get my phone work again
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    I have gone through the trouble of extracting firmwares from the December 2021 update to OnePlus 6T's OxygenOS (version 11.1.2.2 - package OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21) using payload-dumper-go

But to make the process easier for others, i will share the resulting .img firmware files and the steps to update your firmware..

1) Download the extracted firmwares:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhtMEVX0vG2fhNBQfcu0LaKrq1F1K_ah/view?usp=sharing

2) Follow the firmware flashing steps:
    Code:
    1) Boot to Recovery
    2) Enter Fastboot (e.g for LineageOS recovery: "Advanced" > "Enter Fastboot")
    3) Connect phone to PC with USB cable
    4) Open cmd (command prompt) in your adb / fastboot binaries location folder, and then start flashing..
    Enter commands 1 by 1:

fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib cmnlib.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4j1ed fw_4j1ed.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4u1ea fw_4u1ea.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all LOGO LOGO.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img

fastboot reboot

Done, now your phone will boot up with the updated firmwares.

I should mention that today i first updated the firmware, rebooted before i was going to get today's new LineageOS build. But before i did so, i noticed that the interface was snappier.. so clearly not due to the LineageOS update, rather they made some performance tweaks in the latest firmwares from Dec 2021 OxygenOS..

So it's really worth updating your firmware. Also because it bumps the vendor security patch level to November 1, 2021 (the OxygenOS update is, as they say, focussed on security fixes)

Note: if you're looking for the entire original OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 ROM, i also uploaded that here: OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21.zip

Btw thanks @LuK1337 i've used your LineageOS on my 6T for the past 4 months, and the experience has been perfect!
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.