Variant: Nano

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Platform: ARM64
Android: 11
Variant: Nano
Thank you dear man. Yes, now that official oneplus builds have stopped I can finally put her phone lineage on it for my daughter.

Reactions: Not-Aus

yoruuba2

Nov 28, 2015
I have found that using the built-in updater the easiest way. You don't even have to reflash Magisk (if you use it). If I need TWRP for any reason, I just install it via the Magisk app.
I want to try the updater, but want to confirm that I will be using the correct process, since twrp is my default recovery.
So you use the updater for the nightly. To change from LOS recovery to twrp, you just install the twrp installer zip via Magisk ?
With that process, does twrp stays as default recovery after a reboot or if I need to reboot to recovery?
Thanks

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
I want to try the updater, but want to confirm that I will be using the correct process, since twrp is my default recovery.
So you use the updater for the nightly. To change from LOS recovery to twrp, you just install the twrp installer zip via Magisk ?
With that process, does twrp stays as default recovery after a reboot or if I need to reboot to recovery?
Thanks
TWRP will install and persist just as it does when installing via recovery. I would suggest you then reinstall Magisk in the app, otherwise you will need to reinstall in recovery.

Grimoar

Jan 19, 2013
Hello guys. As Oneplus made our 6T EOL I decided to get back to flashing my phone. Last time I did that was like 5 years ago with my Redmi Note 2, so it was a quite long. I flashed this ROM thru Lineage Recovery followed with MindTheGapps. But i had issues with Android Auto with them. So I rebooted back to recovery, made Factory reset -> Format Data/factory reset and then I sideloaded OpenGapps Nano. That solved my issue with AA. But with both version of Gapps I wasn´t able to restore my Google Backup I made on my phone with OOS. But in Google Drive I can see my Backup as OnePlus6T file. I searched that restoring of the backed data can be done only during initial set up of the phone after new installation or factory reset. But It didn´t work once during both firt boots of the phone ( or it just took too long and I was impatient ). So my question is what is the right proces if I want to flash this ROM again with OpenGapps? Do I need flash back OOS and just then flash Lineage or can I flash Lineage straight? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

g90814

Dec 11, 2013
Hello guys. As Oneplus made our 6T EOL I decided to get back to flashing my phone. Last time I did that was like 5 years ago with my Redmi Note 2, so it was a quite long. I flashed this ROM thru Lineage Recovery followed with MindTheGapps. But i had issues with Android Auto with them. So I rebooted back to recovery, made Factory reset -> Format Data/factory reset and then I sideloaded OpenGapps Nano. That solved my issue with AA. But with both version of Gapps I wasn´t able to restore my Google Backup I made on my phone with OOS. But in Google Drive I can see my Backup as OnePlus6T file. I searched that restoring of the backed data can be done only during initial set up of the phone after new installation or factory reset. But It didn´t work once during both firt boots of the phone ( or it just took too long and I was impatient ). So my question is what is the right proces if I want to flash this ROM again with OpenGapps? Do I need flash back OOS and just then flash Lineage or can I flash Lineage straight? Thanks for any advice
I would do a factory reset in Recovery, flash LineageOS again, restart to Recovery, and then flash OpenGapps.

Grimoar

Jan 19, 2013
I would do a factory reset in Recovery, flash LineageOS again, restart to Recovery, and then flash OpenGapps.
Hi thanks for your answer. And in case if I want to flash recovery also? And if I flash TWRP and then Lineage, wil linege overwrite TWRP back to Lineage recovery? If yes and I will flash TWRP after Lineage installation, will the TWRP became as my default recovery, or it will be overwrited with evry reboot? Sorry for bothering, but I have searched thru lot of threads, but still confused about this.

bar-aka

Nov 25, 2012
Hi thanks for your answer. And in case if I want to flash recovery also? And if I flash TWRP and then Lineage, wil linege overwrite TWRP back to Lineage recovery? If yes and I will flash TWRP after Lineage installation, will the TWRP became as my default recovery, or it will be overwrited with evry reboot? Sorry for bothering, but I have searched thru lot of threads, but still confused about this.
Hi. I've also haven't done any custom rom flashing in a bout 3-4 years. I've been sticking with OOS on my 6T but got fed up with it and decided to try LOS. You don't need TWRP recovery, you can do everything with the LOS recovery.
It was a fairly simple process. I mainly followed the steps outlined here:

Let me write down what I did exactly:
  1. Updated OOS to latest version (11.1.2.2) - Note - I already had an unlocked bootloader.
  2. Did a lot of backups of my current apps and data and copied that to my local PC since you will need to do a full wipe (including internal storage). I mostly used Swift Backup (root). Took a screenshot of my home screens to know where all the icons are
  3. Then I flashed the LOS recover as described in the "Temporarily booting a custom recovery using fastboot" in the link above. It doesn't get overwritten by anything on reboot.
  4. After I booted into LOS recovery I did the following:
    1. Sideloaded (using ADB) the "copy-partitions-..." script
    2. Did a "Format data / factory reset "
    3. Sideloaded the LOS zip package
    4. Sideloaded Gaaps
    5. Restarted phone
  5. I configured some basic stuff on first start,
  6. I also use Magisk so I downloaded it, enabled Advanced Reboot and restarted in LOS recovery again.
  7. Sideloaded Magisk
That's it.

Reactions: thomasnsr

Grimoar

Jan 19, 2013
Hi. I've also haven't done any custom rom flashing in a bout 3-4 years. I've been sticking with OOS on my 6T but got fed up with it and decided to try LOS. You don't need TWRP recovery, you can do everything with the LOS recovery.
It was a fairly simple process. I mainly followed the steps outlined here:

Let me write down what I did exactly:
  1. Updated OOS to latest version (11.1.2.2) - Note - I already had an unlocked bootloader.
  2. Did a lot of backups of my current apps and data and copied that to my local PC since you will need to do a full wipe (including internal storage). I mostly used Swift Backup (root). Took a screenshot of my home screens to know where all the icons are
  3. Then I flashed the LOS recover as described in the "Temporarily booting a custom recovery using fastboot" in the link above. It doesn't get overwritten by anything on reboot.
  4. After I booted into LOS recovery I did the following:
    1. Sideloaded (using ADB) the "copy-partitions-..." script
    2. Did a "Format data / factory reset "
    3. Sideloaded the LOS zip package
    4. Sideloaded Gaaps
    5. Restarted phone
  5. I configured some basic stuff on first start,
  6. I also use Magisk so I downloaded it, enabled Advanced Reboot and restarted in LOS recovery again.
  7. Sideloaded Magisk
That's it.
@ bar-aka
Thanks for your reply. One think what I am curious for is, did you make also Google backup before flashing lineage os? If yes, does the data restore went succesfully on first boot during phone setup?

I was able to flash lineage according to described metod from the same page as you mentioned. It went with no roblem except I forgot flash that " copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip " and I flashed Linoeage.zip straight after lineage recovery. But I realized that mistake before reboot, so I did factory reset flashed " copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip " and just then Lineage.zip followed with Gapps. With reboots in between each steps offcourse. But then I was unable restore the Google backup durin first phone setup.

But then I figured out, that in Lineage recovery there is no extended options for wiping of particular parts of the system as is in TWRP and also flashing must be done only thru sideloading in ADB instead of straight flashing of the .zip files as it is in TWRP posible.
So I want to try flash TWRP and then once again whole lineage with gapps. But I am not sure if I have to flash lates oos version, or I can do it straight after TWRP flashing. I read thru lot of forums but still confused with that.

bar-aka

Nov 25, 2012
@ bar-aka
Thanks for your reply. One think what I am curious for is, did you make also Google backup before flashing lineage os? If yes, does the data restore went succesfully on first boot during phone setup?

I was able to flash lineage according to described metod from the same page as you mentioned. It went with no roblem except I forgot flash that " copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip " and I flashed Linoeage.zip straight after lineage recovery. But I realized that mistake before reboot, so I did factory reset flashed " copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip " and just then Lineage.zip followed with Gapps. With reboots in between each steps offcourse. But then I was unable restore the Google backup durin first phone setup.

But then I figured out, that in Lineage recovery there is no extended options for wiping of particular parts of the system as is in TWRP and also flashing must be done only thru sideloading in ADB instead of straight flashing of the .zip files as it is in TWRP posible.
So I want to try flash TWRP and then once again whole lineage with gapps. But I am not sure if I have to flash lates oos version, or I can do it straight after TWRP flashing. I read thru lot of forums but still confused with that.
Sorry, no I didn't do a Google backup as I don't find it reliable. I prefer backups that I can control, i.e. I can see the actual data/apps that have been backed up like for instance Swift Backup (I used Titanium backup previously). I did also do a full Nandroid backup of the OOS.

As for recovery, I stopped trying to flash TWRP because I had a lot of problems with it on the 6T, I even soft bricked it once. There doesn't seem to be a reliable working TWRP for it right now.

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Hey guys.

currently running pixel expierience Andoird 11 version and it is not maintained anymore.
The PixelExpierence Android 12 is not stable enougth for my needs (and also has an mic issue).

So my questions are:
  • Does out 6T get's security updates fpr A11?
  • Is face unlock supported?
  • Is the fingerprint reader supported?
  • Are the OOS gestures supported like in Pixel Expierience (start camera with an O) ?
Thank you
pOpY

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Hey guys.

currently running pixel expierience Andoird 11 version and it is not maintained anymore.
The PixelExpierence Android 12 is not stable enougth for my needs (and also has an mic issue).

So my questions are:
  • Does out 6T get's security updates fpr A11?
  • Is face unlock supported?
  • Is the fingerprint reader supported?
  • Are the OOS gestures supported like in Pixel Expierience (start camera with an O) ?
Thank you
pOpY
No face lock, but has everything else. Eeekly OTA updates available with latest security updates, fingerprint works. I don't use the touchscreen gestures but there are many available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-053853_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220204-053853_LineageOS_Settings.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220204-053902_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220204-053902_LineageOS_Settings.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 32

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Hello!
Coming from OOS 11. Flashed the latest nightly.
Have run into my first (weird) issue.
GPS signal is lost when the screen is turned off.
No issue if the screen is left on.
I ride a lot and use voice directions through Google maps. So this turns out to be an issue.

Any thoughts and suggestions for a fix?

Master_TC

Oct 20, 2016
Ingolstadt
Yesterday i updated like allways trough the lineage updater to the latest nightly 2022-02-03.
My phone didn't boot up after that with the message: corrupt system partition or could not load system.
After trying several solutions, I unfortunately had to give up and format the phone completely. I use the lineage recovery and update it regulary with the lineage updater himself.
So be carefull and don't forget to make a backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, first official LOS19 version for the OnePlus-6T:

This is epic! epic!!
    Thanks luke1337
    Thanks also to EdwinMoq, which is the new maintainer now.
    FYI, OnePlus Camera v. 3.2.67 still works just fine on Android 12 OS (I just installed LineageOS 19 on my OnePlus 6T, so far so good).
    FYI, OnePlus Camera v. 3.2.67 still works just fine on Android 12 OS (I just installed LineageOS 19 on my OnePlus 6T, so far so good).
    Excellent news ! OnePlus Camera is fast and has a lot of nice features.
    Have you made an upgrade of LineageOS 19 or a fresh install (wipe everything) ?
    Excellent news ! OnePlus Camera is fast and has a lot of nice features.
    Have you made a fresh install of LineageOS 19 or did you have to wipe everything ?
    I just updated it as instructed via ADB sideload on LineageOS' official recovery, and I didn't wipe anything (I was just seeing if it mess with anything), it was all hunky dory.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Good news for us all! Our devices (enchilada/fajita) have been officially promoted to lineageos 19.1. Find the relevant commits here:

Enchilada: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/321288/22/_data/devices/enchilada.yml
    Fajita: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/321288/22/_data/devices/fajita.yml

@EdwinMoq (Hope I'm tagging the right Edwin) It is great to have you as our official maintainer for fajita :)

Thank a lot for all your work on our devices Edwin and Luke, looking forward to many more years of LOS <3
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    I have gone through the trouble of extracting firmwares from the December 2021 update to OnePlus 6T's OxygenOS (version 11.1.2.2 - package OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21) using payload-dumper-go

But to make the process easier for others, i will share the resulting .img firmware files and the steps to update your firmware..

1) Download the extracted firmwares:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhtMEVX0vG2fhNBQfcu0LaKrq1F1K_ah/view?usp=sharing

2) Follow the firmware flashing steps:
    Code:
    1) Boot to Recovery
    2) Enter Fastboot (e.g for LineageOS recovery: "Advanced" > "Enter Fastboot")
    3) Connect phone to PC with USB cable
    4) Open cmd (command prompt) in your adb / fastboot binaries location folder, and then start flashing..
    Enter commands 1 by 1:

fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib cmnlib.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4j1ed fw_4j1ed.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all fw_4u1ea fw_4u1ea.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all LOGO LOGO.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img

fastboot reboot

Done, now your phone will boot up with the updated firmwares.

I should mention that today i first updated the firmware, rebooted before i was going to get today's new LineageOS build. But before i did so, i noticed that the interface was snappier.. so clearly not due to the LineageOS update, rather they made some performance tweaks in the latest firmwares from Dec 2021 OxygenOS..

So it's really worth updating your firmware. Also because it bumps the vendor security patch level to November 1, 2021 (the OxygenOS update is, as they say, focussed on security fixes)

Note: if you're looking for the entire original OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 ROM, i also uploaded that here: OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.62_OTA_0620_all_2111252336_339a2fa8335f21.zip

Btw thanks @LuK1337 i've used your LineageOS on my 6T for the past 4 months, and the experience has been perfect!
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.