[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

beamscotty

Dec 17, 2015
Paris
I encountered some issues with the latest build.
First: Magisk needs reinstalling after the upgrade. Did the same procedure as initially - extract and patch the boot file. Then do the fastboot flash boot boot.img - just like previously and as described by topjohnwu. No dice.
Phone does two reboots and boots in to recovery. Got it booting and working again by applying the update via ADB sideload.

Also, today screen went black. No way to turn it on. Tried restarting by holding in the power button for more than 7 seconds. No dice. Got a call and could answer by pressing power (have that option enabled). Once I hung up, I could activate the screen just as usual.

Anybody else?

I encountered some issues with the latest build.
First: Magisk needs reinstalling after the upgrade. Did the same procedure as initially - extract and patch the boot file. Then do the fastboot flash boot boot.img - just like previously and as described by topjohnwu. No dice.
Phone does two reboots and boots in to recovery. Got it booting and working again by applying the update via ADB sideload.

Also, today screen went black. No way to turn it on. Tried restarting by holding in the power button for more than 7 seconds. No dice. Got a call and could answer by pressing power (have that option enabled). Once I hung up, I could activate the screen just as usual.

Anybody else?
Try disable extra dim feature i have encountered this issue too after disabling extra dim it's gone

beamscotty

Dec 17, 2015
Paris
Try disable extra dim feature i have encountered this issue too after disabling extra dim it's gone
It was not enabled. However, Ambient display was enabled and I suspect it has something to do with that, becuse before the screen went black, it was dimming and brightening constantly. I was standing outside but no sunlight and not too bright.

1freedude

Jul 22, 2010
Hampton Roads
Anybody got magisk working with the latest build by patching boot.img and flashing it? See my post #181
I have lost root on almost all of the updates, going back to 18. I cant remember if 17 lost root.....

Anyway, I always plan on bringing root back after an OTA. I do it this way:

Lineage Recovery adb sideload magisk.apk
It's super fast, and all rules from previous Magisk are still there and active.

Reactions: pintuxik

beamscotty

Dec 17, 2015
Paris
I have lost root on almost all of the updates, going back to 18. I cant remember if 17 lost root.....

Anyway, I always plan on bringing root back after an OTA. I do it this way:

Lineage Recovery adb sideload magisk.apk
It's super fast, and all rules from previous Magisk are still there and active.
Thanks. that method did work. Let me just write the whole procedure, for the benefit of everybody:

1. Download the Magisk app and install
  2. You will find the Magisk-version####.apk, usually in downloads on your device
  3. Transfer the apk to your PC which has ADB installed (minimal ADB will do)
  4. Rename the apk to .zip (optional)
  5. Connect the device with USB debugging enabled
  6. Issue command: adb reboot sideload
  7. Device will reboot in to recovery, sideload ready
  8. Issue the command: adb sideload Magisk-version####.zip
  9. Once done, reboot system
  10. Done.

Reactions: thancockjr

jabashque

Feb 17, 2017
Reactions: pintuxik
@beamscotty @Startekselva Should hopefully be fixed in next week's build: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_hardware_oneplus/+/331531

For the time being, make sure you don't enable any settings that can result in the udfps circle not being bright enough (e.g. extra dim, or auto High Brightness Mode turning on and back off), as trying to scan your fingerprint w/ the udfps circle not being bright enough results in the situation mentioned in that link.
Thanks for the info and I have disabled the options and yesterday I got new patch now the green location indication mark is gone

thicklips

May 21, 2022
Been testing this for a while and for now I only have two things to report
-There is now Weather widget (very minor, tried to update to beta etc)
-Scrolling Twitter lags like crazy (gives me an headache)
-Vibration on everything is way too strong
-Clock and battery % are not bold (very minor as well)

Anyways, thanks for all the work, overall I find it very stable compared to other A12s I tried on this device.

Termehansen

Oct 31, 2012
Copenhagen
What is the baseband version for OOS 11.1.2.2 firmware, can't remember if I did the update 😂

Edit: As far as I can read
Vendor security patch
November 1, 2021

Means latest firmware, right?

Last edited:

lfourquaux

Jun 18, 2020
math.lionel.fourquaux.org
* 464XLAT (clatd) is not working. My 4G ISP uses IPv6 + NAT64. Apps that use DNS work (due to DNS64) if the ISP's DNS is used. However, apps that use literal IPv4 addresses fail. Testing with ping from adb shell show that IPv4 addresses are unreachable (no route), except for localhost (obviously). The routing table (and rules) is too complicated for me, but no external network interface has IPv4, and no clatd process is running. There is some /system/etc/bpf/clatd.o that is loaded during boot (successfully) but this does not seem to be enough. I didn't see anything suspicious in logcat (especially regarding clatd). I'm not sure how clatd is supposed to be started (any hint?) so I didn't try starting it manually from adb shell.

It appears that persist.net.doxlat is set to false. Setting it to true enables 464XLAT, BUT it doesn't persist across a reboot.

Maybe something is setting persist.net.doxlat to false at boot? But what and why?

There has been a lot of code related to 464XLAT being moved around in the git trees, between LOS 18 and LOS 19, so changes are hard to track down.

EdwinMoq

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2014
Santo Domingo
It appears that persist.net.doxlat is set to false. Setting it to true enables 464XLAT, BUT it doesn't persist across a reboot.

Maybe something is setting persist.net.doxlat to false at boot? But what and why?

There has been a lot of code related to 464XLAT being moved around in the git trees, between LOS 18 and LOS 19, so changes are hard to track down.
Go to APN settings and change the APN protocol to IPv6/IPv4, if it isn't already

MrUrgit

May 20, 2010
Melbourne
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
I am working on migrating my OP6T from Syberia OS to Lineage 19.1. I understand that, as indicated in the installation guide, I must install from the latest stock firmware - in this case, OOS 11.1.2.2. After failing to get back to OOS 11.1.2.2 by flashing it myself, I gave up and used the Msm unbrick tool from this forum to get the phone back to OOS 9.0.13.

My difficulty now is upgrading from there to OOS 11.1.2.2. When I check for updates in settings, it says "Your system is up to date." I attempted to follow the official instructions for the software upgrade on OnePlus's site (https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156215016) by downloading their software build (both the official Android 11 one, 11.1.2.2, and the Android 10 one, Open Beta Android 10), and performing a local upgrade. Both builds give me the same error message, "System update installation failed," I suspect because they're so far removed from Android 9.

My instinct is to re-unlock the bootloader, install TWRP again, and then try to flash OOS 11.1.2.2 from there, but if there is a more standard or approved or direct method to getting to the latest stock firmware (and thence, LOS), I would rather do that.

What can I do to upgrade from OOS 9.0.13 to OOS 11.1.2.2 in order to proceed with the LOS 19.1 install process?

From memory you need to be on OOS 9.0.17 to upgrade to OOS10 and beyond.

If you haven't had any luck, you could try the 10.3.8 MSM tool found here and see if you can then update to 11.2.2.2:

Reactions: Hellera

Top Liked Posts

If anyone else is trying the ih8ns route, I have encapsulated all the help from this thread here: https://github.com/GordonSmith/ih8sn (please let me know if I missed anything!)
    >adb wait-for-device root
    adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (41); killing...
    * daemon started successfully
    restarting adbd as root

platform-tools>adb wait-for-device remount
    remount succeeded

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\push.ps1 -use_remount
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *

and is stuck
    Try right click push-OP6T-devices.ps1 (with ih8sn.conf see attached files) and choose run with PowerShell (for Windows : https://aka.ms/powershell-release?tag=stable). It worked for me (safetynet passes and OTA updates work).

EDIT (06/06): After the first reboot, do not forget to clear storage of Google, Google Play service and Google Play Store apps ... and then restart your device ... in order to get Play Protect certification.
    First of all I wish to thanks for this good work. I have only one issue with lineage... boot time takes to long, about one minute. It bother me with wake up phone from power of state (missed clock alarm). I wonder, maybe another kernel will work better?! If yes, Can somebody recomand me another working kernel, please?! Thank you.
    Lineage's offline alarm implementation is not working: all it does is boot the phone at the scheduled time, but it is too late for the alarm. And this happens to all their android versions.

The app (clock) must be modified to start the phone 2 minutes earlier so that alarm could work. I have done it in my rom. I even posted my committ there, but it was disregarded... .
    I just trier, no issue.
    Thanks for the feedback !
    19.1-signature.spoofing-fajita available on :

lineage-19.1-20220610-sing.spoofing-fajita.zip

lineage-19.1-20220610-singnature spoofing-fajita.zip.md5sum

3c38414a7491cbed0d45239011f29e66
    If anyone else is trying the ih8ns route, I have encapsulated all the help from this thread here: https://github.com/GordonSmith/ih8sn (please let me know if I missed anything!)
    1608644684231-png.5453603

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    >adb wait-for-device root
    adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (41); killing...
    * daemon started successfully
    restarting adbd as root

platform-tools>adb wait-for-device remount
    remount succeeded

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\push.ps1 -use_remount
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *

and is stuck
    Try right click push-OP6T-devices.ps1 (with ih8sn.conf see attached files) and choose run with PowerShell (for Windows : https://aka.ms/powershell-release?tag=stable). It worked for me (safetynet passes and OTA updates work).

EDIT (06/06): After the first reboot, do not forget to clear storage of Google, Google Play service and Google Play Store apps ... and then restart your device ... in order to get Play Protect certification.
    That much I am not sure, I can't seem to find any way to upgrade it here on the forum. In the past, on my previous phones I remember it would just not let me install newer software if the firmware was too out of date, but it now doesn't seem to have that safety. Could you point me in the right direction? I appreciate it
    Follow the official firmware upgrade guide. You can download the necessary files from here, so you don't have to extract them yourself.
    Today release fixed the constant notification of phone services accessing the location.
    Thank you @luke1337 and @EdwinMoq for the fabulous work