• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official Froyo 2.2.1 - Retail Brasil - Rooted & Overclocked Nandroid available

Search This thread
S

sileshnair

Yes. I spoke too soon. Just had a reboot. ****.

edit : This was on the APAC Moto Release with this kernel.

edit 2 : This is strange. I flashed this rom again. Now no DSI errors. God knows what is happening. :confused:

update : I installed all apps that i use to the data partition. I did not delete any system apps. No DSI errors till now. I usually remove all Moto apps from the system folder and add a few too.

Update1: errors are back.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    67.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
Yes. I spoke too soon. Just had a reboot. ****.

edit : This was on the APAC Moto Release with this kernel.

edit 2 : This is strange. I flashed this rom again. Now no DSI errors. God knows what is happening. :confused:

update : I installed all apps that i use to the data partition. I did not delete any system apps. No DSI errors till now. I usually remove all Moto apps from the system folder and add a few too.
I guess we will have to wait for Kadalban's opnion... anyway, is that really same miui kernel version?

Sent from my Milestone using XDA Premium App

scholbert

Aug 1, 2007
FYI

Hi,

maybe we should open up a new website... e.g. kernel-leaks.org

Just for completeness... the brazilian kernel is older than the arab kernel and seems to be based on some mainline sources (no extra version here)
Have a look at the complete strings extracted from the kernel binaries.

Brazil Kernel (SHLA_U2_05.14.0):
Code:
Linux version 2.6.32.9 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 24 11:30:29 BRT 2011

Arab Kernel (SHOLS_U2_05.27.2):
Code:
Linux version 2.6.32.9-g11068ed ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 5 03:24:42 CST 2011

Another interesting string seems to be the default kernel boot parameter. This string is included in both kernel versions.
Code:
root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.0.1:/home/user/buildroot ip=192.168.0.2:192.168.0.1:192.168.0.1:255.255.255.0:tgt:eth0:off rw console=ttyS2,115200n8

Anyway little off-topic at this point.... :D

Best regards,

scholbert

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
Hi,

maybe we should open up a new website... e.g. kernel-leaks.org

Just for completeness... the brazilian kernel is older than the arab kernel and seems to be based on some mainline sources (no extra version here)
Have a look at the complete strings extracted from the kernel binaries.

Brazil Kernel (SHLA_U2_05.14.0):
Code:
Linux version 2.6.32.9 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 24 11:30:29 BRT 2011

Arab Kernel (SHOLS_U2_05.27.2):
Code:
Linux version 2.6.32.9-g11068ed ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 5 03:24:42 CST 2011

Another interesting string seems to be the default kernel boot parameter. This string is included in both kernel versions.
Code:
root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.0.1:/home/user/buildroot ip=192.168.0.2:192.168.0.1:192.168.0.1:255.255.255.0:tgt:eth0:off rw console=ttyS2,115200n8

Anyway little off-topic at this point.... :D

Best regards,

scholbert
I don't think this is actually true.

While the SHOLS_U2_05.xx.x from Arab Kernel looks to have a higher value, the Kernel version is way different...

I believe this is related to each region... not sure!

Sakzaki

Feb 13, 2008
I guess we will have to wait for Kadalban's opnion... anyway, is that really same miui kernel version?

Yes. Here is my screenshot.
The date of the kernel is 5th Jan. So it's older than the Arabian one.

Attachments

• MIUIKernel.jpg
    MIUIKernel.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 295
S

sileshnair

Hi Sileshn

Do you know if App2sd works on this upgrade ?
I tried doing the steps that you gave few posts ago and I got a Loop at Android Logo....
Can you help me ?
Thanks in advance for your efforts and help.

It worked on all previous releases, so it should work on this one too. Prerequisites for this to work are

• ext partition on sdcard
  • sd folder in /system

Procedure will be as follows.

• First install busybox on your phone. There are many apps in the market. The best ones are from Sterickson and Jrummy.
  • Next in AOR, apply the attached zip file
  • Reboot.
It should work.

Attachments

• apps2sd_full.zip
    468.2 KB · Views: 70

cviniciusm

Sep 13, 2010
Brasília - DF
Milestone A853 Android 2.2.1 VERY SLOW.

Finally....but i thought that it would be OTA... damn... will only be able to test tomorrow!

Anyone can try it fast and tell us about kernel version and DSI errors?

Sent from my Milestone using XDA Premium App

Hello,

I was using official 2.1-update1 then updated it to official 2.2.1 .

I saw a few DSI errors by OS Monitor dmesg logs as anothers errors too.

I think the smartphone is very slow on the 2.2.1 than on the 2.1-update1. It's slow to rebuid/repaint the screen and very slow to rebuild/repaint the apps menu.

The best thing on 2.2.1 is without doubts: the APP2SD feature !

Regards.

P.S.: I had to do a factory data reset after updated 2.2.1 because the smartphone was unusable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Official Froyo 2.2.1 - Retail Brasil - Rooted & Overclocked Nandroid available

Official Froyo 2.2.1 Update for Milestone - Retail Brazil
    You need to flash the stock 2.1 ROM and use Motorola Software Update to get your phone updated to Froyo ( 2.2.1 ). If you are already running 2.1, just use MSU to update and retain your apps. If you are running a custom rom and want to get back to stock, please look at this thread for more information.

Official 2.1 Retail Brazil sbf's can be downloaded from the links below.
    You can update your phone after flashing the 2.1 sbf file by downloading the MSU. You can use this link to download the Motorola Software Updater.

Vulnerable recovery sbf and kernel from this ROM as a flashable zip file are attached. Nandroid back of this ROM, rooted and overclocked can be found here.

Many thanks to Sileshn and rasstaylor for their help. Credits to blogdoandroid.com for the information.

The wait is over. The moment that many were waiting, arrived. Motorola has finally released an Android 2.2 Froyo for Milestone, fulfilling his promise. Were 8 months of delay over the Droid, the American model of Milestone, but who was counting right? We were.

The wait continues for those who bought with operator (TIM, VIVO, CLARO, OI)

We were surprised with some cosmetic changes, you can check out the following photos below. The lock screen, Screen Lock, was redesigned, becoming different from the original Froyo Google as well as the Launcher (the screen that shows icons for apps. She was like the Eclair (Android 2.1). It is speculated that this was done to improve performance.

In addition to traditional apps already installed on the Milestone, a Facebook app was included. Motorola has certainly gained a quick buck to get it.

Another interesting accretion was a mini app to access the chip carrier, in my case of HI. Previously there was only app SIM Tool Kit, which has now been renamed to World HI. Besides this, has added another app, which is nothing more than two links to web pages of the operator, plus a link to the SIM Tool Kit SIM Tool Kit, or STK is very important for users of the HI, because allows us to check the credit balance.
    I'm not using official 2.2.1 more...this is very very slow!
    I'm using GB again...

I agree.

Regards.

Sent from my Milestone A853 (Android 2.2.1) using XDA Premium App.