• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official Froyo 2.2.1 - Retail Brasil - Rooted & Overclocked Nandroid available

Search This thread

fazzieng

Jul 4, 2010
Any chance someone could tell us all how to add other languages..?
BTW, even on stock CPU speed that ROM is very resposive.
Cheers.

cviniciusm

Sep 13, 2010
Brasília - DF
Well... its not slow if properly overclocked...

Alter a couple of days, it's working fine, it's not slow.

Then I did root it by Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5.

Using Titanium Backup I cleaned Dalvik Cache and moved my apps to sdcard. After this, I have 50 MB free on internal memory. This speed up it too.

I installed SetCPU on it and created a custom setcpu.txt (and setcpu) file with 950000 for the last value. Doing so, am I overclocking it, please?

Sent from my Milestone A853 Retail Brasil (Android 2.2.1) using XDA Premium App.

cviniciusm

Sep 13, 2010
Brasília - DF
Alter a couple of days, it's working fine, it's not slow.

I installed SetCPU on it and created a custom setcpu.txt (and setcpu) file with 950000 for the last value. Doing so, am I overclocking it, please?

Sent from my Milestone A853 Retail Brasil (Android 2.2.1) using XDA Premium App.

See Motorola Milestone A853 specification: http://developer.motorola.com/products/milestone-a853/

If the frequency of the CPU is hardware locked then no one software will be able to overclock it.

So neither SetCPU neither custom ROM will do the job.

Regards.

P.S.: execuse-me by the cross topic.

S

sileshnair

If the frequency of the CPU is hardware locked then no one software will be able to overclock it.

So neither SetCPU neither custom ROM will do the job.

Your understanding is wrong. Milestone can be overclocked. You need to be rooted for that.

In the latest official froyo releases, milestone overclock application does not work. So you need to use AOR to overclock. The rom in this thread has been overclocked and i have provided a nandroid of it too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12371789&postcount=78

Use it and check your clock speed using setcpu. Moto default is 550Mhz, this one is 900Mhz.

lelo4ever

Jun 20, 2009
Santo André
Anybody got App2Sd(ext) working with this ROM (Stock Brazil)??

As far as I can tell looks like the system is not mounting the ext partition...

I dunno what to do..

Tried the same scripts with the SMBR and worked like a charm... So I suspect there's something wrong with the init or its missing some module to mount the ext... I dunno...

I prefer the Stock rom because I use some of the default tools they scrap in the alternative ROMS (SMBR, CM7, etc).

Anybody can help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Official Froyo 2.2.1 - Retail Brasil - Rooted & Overclocked Nandroid available

Official Froyo 2.2.1 Update for Milestone - Retail Brazil
    You need to flash the stock 2.1 ROM and use Motorola Software Update to get your phone updated to Froyo ( 2.2.1 ). If you are already running 2.1, just use MSU to update and retain your apps. If you are running a custom rom and want to get back to stock, please look at this thread for more information.

Official 2.1 Retail Brazil sbf's can be downloaded from the links below.
    You can update your phone after flashing the 2.1 sbf file by downloading the MSU. You can use this link to download the Motorola Software Updater.

Vulnerable recovery sbf and kernel from this ROM as a flashable zip file are attached. Nandroid back of this ROM, rooted and overclocked can be found here.

Many thanks to Sileshn and rasstaylor for their help. Credits to blogdoandroid.com for the information.

The wait is over. The moment that many were waiting, arrived. Motorola has finally released an Android 2.2 Froyo for Milestone, fulfilling his promise. Were 8 months of delay over the Droid, the American model of Milestone, but who was counting right? We were.

The wait continues for those who bought with operator (TIM, VIVO, CLARO, OI)

We were surprised with some cosmetic changes, you can check out the following photos below. The lock screen, Screen Lock, was redesigned, becoming different from the original Froyo Google as well as the Launcher (the screen that shows icons for apps. She was like the Eclair (Android 2.1). It is speculated that this was done to improve performance.

In addition to traditional apps already installed on the Milestone, a Facebook app was included. Motorola has certainly gained a quick buck to get it.

Another interesting accretion was a mini app to access the chip carrier, in my case of HI. Previously there was only app SIM Tool Kit, which has now been renamed to World HI. Besides this, has added another app, which is nothing more than two links to web pages of the operator, plus a link to the SIM Tool Kit SIM Tool Kit, or STK is very important for users of the HI, because allows us to check the credit balance.
    I'm not using official 2.2.1 more...this is very very slow!
    I'm using GB again...

I agree.

Regards.

Sent from my Milestone A853 (Android 2.2.1) using XDA Premium App.