• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [GAPPS] [11.0] [OCEAN] Project Sakura | Moto G7 Power

Search This thread

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi everyone!

I flashed this (20210714-1623-ocean) on a XT1955-4 using TWRP 3.5.2, followed by NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210718-signed.zip

Everything seems to be working really smooth except for one key aspect: it's not detecting any SIM. The SIM worked fine on stock and still works on other devices so must be something related to the ROM. Do I need additional firmware? I'm not familiar with this device.

Cheers :)

hisoka_simp

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Moto G
Moto G 2015
Hi everyone!

I flashed this (20210714-1623-ocean) on a XT1955-4 using TWRP 3.5.2, followed by NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210718-signed.zip

Everything seems to be working really smooth except for one key aspect: it's not detecting any SIM. The SIM worked fine on stock and still works on other devices so must be something related to the ROM. Do I need additional firmware? I'm not familiar with this device.

Cheers :)
Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you ever tried other Roms for G7 Power before? Did you try the Rom without the gapps? I have heard errors about gapps very often the last days so maybe it's related to that it's also possible that just the slot is a bit dirty, just try to clean it a bit or something could also fix it

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you ever tried other Roms for G7 Power before? Did you try the Rom without the gapps? I have heard errors about gapps very often the last days so maybe it's related to that it's also possible that just the slot is a bit dirty, just try to clean it a bit or something could also fix it
Hi! Thanks for the quick response. Success! You've set me on the right track. I tried from scratch but this time with OpenGapps (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210724.zip) and it immediately detected the SIM. I guess I should've seen the signs. Upon first boot after flashing with NikGapps I encountered some 'loops' in the initial setup (eg. suddenly had to log in all over while entering the 2FA). Also, after finishing setup there was no Play Store. I had forced it via apkmirror but that just kept crashing. Flashing NikGapps again then did make Gapps possible but I guess that messed it up even more. Setup was a breeze on OpenGapps!
If there are any other pointers for this ROM on this device, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm setting this up as my son's first smartphone.

hisoka_simp

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Moto G
Moto G 2015
Hi! Thanks for the quick response. Success! You've set me on the right track. I tried from scratch but this time with OpenGapps (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210724.zip) and it immediately detected the SIM. I guess I should've seen the signs. Upon first boot after flashing with NikGapps I encountered some 'loops' in the initial setup (eg. suddenly had to log in all over while entering the 2FA). Also, after finishing setup there was no Play Store. I had forced it via apkmirror but that just kept crashing. Flashing NikGapps again then did make Gapps possible but I guess that messed it up even more. Setup was a breeze on OpenGapps!
If there are any other pointers for this ROM on this device, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm setting this up as my son's first smartphone.
Yes, please tell your son not to do OTAs if you've flashed gapps, that would result in a brick. You will have to flash the rom update and gapps manual :D
I hope your son likes the rom and tell me please if you find any bugs or are having issues

hisoka_simp

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Moto G
Moto G 2015
Ok a short edit to what I said some days ago:
I will have to ship gapps builds from now on so you will have to clean flash the new update but the good message for you/your son is that you can do OTAs after that.

tmiller101

Nov 12, 2010
Savannah
Ok a short edit to what I said some days ago:
I will have to ship gapps builds from now on so you will have to clean flash the new update but the good message for you/your son is that you can do OTAs after that.
Are you shipping with GAPPs because of the GPS issues? I read where some have issues and some don't. I have two G7s and they both fail to find their location unless the ROM was shipped with GAPPs. Such a strange problem for which I have found very few who address it.

hisoka_simp

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Moto G
Moto G 2015
Are you shipping with GAPPs because of the GPS issues? I read where some have issues and some don't. I have two G7s and they both fail to find their location unless the ROM was shipped with GAPPs. Such a strange problem for which I have found very few who address it.
No, for the reason why i ship gapps now just read the notice at the post pls. I don't have a GPS issue with and without gapps shipped, maybe there is just an issue with the gapps you're using (try opengapps or nikgapps)

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
I'm a big fan of the vanilla builds and really only use Nikgapps core in any custom ROMs I flash, so is there a way to uninstall the included gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashed with no essues. Working perfect. Thanks for adding GPPS.

header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customizable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!
    * Don't blame me or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    Download the Build you want to flash
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    -Flash your firmware(If required)
    -Format Data
    -Reboot To Recovery
    -Wipe System, Vendor, Cache, Dalvik Cache and Data
    -Flash the ROM
    -Reboot

For more help ask in the G7 Power telegram group

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest

-Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

donate.png

Buy the founder of Project Sakura a coffee (it's going directly to him and not to me)

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Sakura Group
    Telegram Motorola G7 Power

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

miscinfo.png

Project Sakura, ROM for ocean
    Device:
    Moto G7 Power (ocean)
    Maintainer: hisoka_simp
    Donate to the maintainer:
    ko-fi.com/hisokasimp
    Build Type: official
    GAPPS: included
    Launcher: Trebuchet

Moto Apps: Moto Audio, Moto Camera 2, Moto Live-Backgrounds, Moto Gestures

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.206-perf+
    Based On: LineageOS 18

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 5.2
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Release Date: 2021-09-15
    Download:
    projectsakura.xyz/download

Changes:
    • September Security Patch
    • some other stuff, look it up in the
    changelog

Notice about gapps:
    Project Sakura Leader Lordshenron wants the maintainers to switch to gapps build, I wanted to hold the support for the people who want to use a Rom without gapps but as you see in the changelog in the Sakura Blog Shen wants that we go to gapps and if I want to stay official I'll have to follow this :/
    I'm sorry to tell you but they wont come back. As I described detailed in the post, Project Sakura doesn't support vanilla builds anymore.
    Hope never dies I guess but thankfully there are a nice mix of regularly updated vanilla ROMs for Ocean so I'll stay with Arrow for awhile.
    ok, did not know about that . then will take a look when i have some free time on the weekend.
    This ROM has been my daily driver for awhile now, I tried all the other Android R ROMs and this is by far the best with battery life, snappiness, and customization. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the continued support and keeping up with the security patches! It's really appreciated for a cheaper device like this, keeps it running great for long past anyone expected!
    Flashed with no essues. Working perfect. Thanks for adding GPPS.