spider1163

Feb 7, 2011
Strasbourg, France
mondedie.fr
Reactions: BEDBOI2

BEDBOI2

Dec 16, 2013
Well, now I have a bootloop!
I used https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ginkgo/update#sideloading-from-recovery and "adb reboot sideload" just rebooted the phone (and this alone I think is a warning). So I manually booted into recovery and managed to update LOS, it restarted the phone and it actually worked, but without root, so I used the key combo to boot with Magisk and here is the bootloop, which at least I can stop by pressing Volume_up and power off from recovery! Basically the root isn't working and I don't know why!
Should I also download (on every update?!) the updated LOS recovery with the ROM, and patch it with Magisk? (I'm sure I had working root before, and I never changed anything in Magisk since I installed it).

Edit: I uninstalled magisk after flashing TWRP (LOS recovery couldn't, maybe because it never asked me for my password and therefore it was encrypted: "Cannot access /data, please uninstall with Magisk Manager"), re-flashed LOS recovery, re-installed Magisk: seems all good and the recovery patched now is bigger in size (maybe because of new version with "Pad boot images to original size with zeros"?), but next time I'll update LOS (and maybe Magisk too?) I'll get this again?!

Last edited:

İsmail Karslı

Jan 8, 2021
The phone rebooting within 1 minute after turning off wifi. I can use the phone for hours with wifi or mobile data but it restarts when i turn off wifi. And believe me, I've tried this over and over.

I'm currently using lineage-17.1-20210125 version but this problem existed before 1-2 release, i don't remember well. I'm not using any gapps package.

Magisk is installed on the phone.
Applications with root access: AdAway, Aurora Store, DPI Tunnel, Material Files, Terminal, Vanced Manager, WireGuard, Call Recorder.
Installed Magisk modules: Axet's Call Recorder, F-Droid Privileged Extension, MagiskHide Props Config, Systemless Hosts.

I used to use TWRP, now I use OrangeFox. But the problem also existed at that time.

Here is the files requested for random reboots in main thread: console-ramoops and pmsg-ramoops-0.

jx3118

Nov 16, 2020
redmi-note8中国版的现在能快充吗?

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

Can the Chinese version of redmi-note8 be charged quickly now?

Last edited by a moderator:

sarapnst

Jan 28, 2021
Front camera doesn't work on any app (tested stock camera, google camera and instagram)

Redmi Note 8 - updated to the latest MIUI

Files used to install:
lineage-17.1-20210125-recovery-ginkgo.img
lineage-17.1-20210125-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210127.zip

sarapnst

Jan 28, 2021
181 link doesn't work, is there a 48MP fix for 190? or i don't need one? all 48MP addons are for different versions.

Update1:
190 framework+camera+bootloop-fix didn't work, with or without 48MP fix for 181, or with both 48MP+camerprovider, all resulted in black screen (used magisk to install them). Now I'm downloading via the sourceforge mirror which works but is too slow.

Update2:
The black screen problem in 190 got solved by giving the permissions manually, it didn't ask for permission. But still the selfie cam doesn't work.

Update3:
Tried 185 with 48mp fix 181, front cam and portrait still don't work.

Last edited:

sarapnst

Jan 28, 2021
So I finally got the file, are you sure it works on Redmi Note 8? or 8T? Front cam and portrait mode don't work with 181.
Also the stock LineageOS camera is broken now when I remove it.

sarapnst

Jan 28, 2021
Here's mine: https://s.airbeat.com/s/mGyo
So the front camera is not listed for me, you have 6 cameras listed and I have 5 without the front cam.
Idk might try more later but for now I tried 190, 185 and 181 with no luck. It's more likely another issue or ANXCamera installation isn't clean or something.