[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 8 / 8T

Search This thread

flekkelek

Mar 31, 2015
Why? Google Drive is faster. Anyway, the official build will be available soon.
1653484817709.png

dogenumberpi

May 18, 2019
Hello !
Here is an unofficial test build of LineageOS 19.1 for our device. Everything is working out of the box and it is ready to be daily driven. Will wait a bit to have feedbacks before releasing officially

How do I get Magisk working? I'm on the latest firmware, the ROM bootloops when I try flashing a custom boot.img from the Magisk app

Edit: I had to use the "custom recovery" method from the tutorial, I wanted to use microg with android 12 but I can't get signature spoofing to work

Last edited:
Reactions: assasukasse

assasukasse

Dec 14, 2011
Hello !
Here is an unofficial test build of LineageOS 19.1 for our device. Everything is working out of the box and it is ready to be daily driven. Will wait a bit to have feedbacks before releasing officially

Thanks, I installed it on my note 8 and it did work
then I installed magisk from TWRP and acc module and it is bootlooping now
it did survive magisk installation, not the acc module..go figure why
I will try to remove the acc module and see if that's the case but this is annoying :(
Unfortunately the encryption went wrong, twrp doens't ask for the password and the storage is garbled.
I can't do much from the recovery but wipe.
looks like I am stuck and forced to reinstall from scratch ARG

ok the only way to make it work is to install OVER a fresh install of a 18.1
This way the folders are created correctly and everything works (including outbound telegram calls which do not work on 18.1).
Definitely not the right way of doing this, but the only way to get a working telegram since LOS advanced system optimization (which fixed telegram previously) results in a bootloop for any May release of LOS 18.1...

Last edited:

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
I've just did a clean installation with no mods, just opengapps nano. I've encountered the "wifi settings crash" bug. Dear maintainer - fancy a nice clean set of logcats? PM?

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
No problems here with NikGapps (Core)
The WiFi problem fixed itself somehow. But now I'm facing the "microphone in Skype and other VoIP apps not working" bug. THE because it's a recurring issue across devices and LOS releases. Coupled with the echo issue. Any ideas for a solution or a workaround? Somehow I think posting a bug report won't cut it (too long of a waiting time). The phone is unusable for me in this state.

EDIT:
It may be the case the upcoming 19.1 is in fact the solution to the problem. Will test today.

for reference, Joker's post on 19.1 release https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...8-1-for-redmi-note-8-8t.4202841/post-86924349

Last edited:

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks, I installed it on my note 8 and it did work
then I installed magisk from TWRP and acc module and it is bootlooping now
it did survive magisk installation, not the acc module..go figure why
I will try to remove the acc module and see if that's the case but this is annoying :(
Unfortunately the encryption went wrong, twrp doens't ask for the password and the storage is garbled.
I can't do much from the recovery but wipe.
looks like I am stuck and forced to reinstall from scratch ARG

ok the only way to make it work is to install OVER a fresh install of a 18.1
This way the folders are created correctly and everything works (including outbound telegram calls which do not work on 18.1).
Definitely not the right way of doing this, but the only way to get a working telegram since LOS advanced system optimization (which fixed telegram previously) results in a bootloop for any May release of LOS 18.1...
Outbound telegram calls? So you're probably facing the very same issue i.e. microphone not working in VoIP apps. It's not just Telegram. Signal, Skype, Google duo, you name it. Could you please confirm and share logcat?

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
OK, I confirmed that the microphone not working in VOIP apps issue is not present in LOS 19.1 from post https://forum.xda-developers.com/goto/post?id=86924349

But I had to wipe/reset and I ended up with Android 12 of not-so-good [erformance on 8T.

The question now is, due to the dreaded Xiaomi rollback lock, will I brick my phone trying to go back from Android 12 to 11? Because that's what going from LOS 19.1 to 18.1 implies.

Danilo-Sanchez

Aug 13, 2015
Sao Paulo
OK, I confirmed that the microphone not working in VOIP apps issue is not present in LOS 19.1 from post https://forum.xda-developers.com/goto/post?id=86924349

But I had to wipe/reset and I ended up with Android 12 of not-so-good [erformance on 8T.

The question now is, due to the dreaded Xiaomi rollback lock, will I brick my phone trying to go back from Android 12 to 11? Because that's what going from LOS 19.1 to 18.1 implies.
There's no problem with custom ROM's. You can install any version.
In fact, RN8 you can even go back versions of stock rom without problem. I already did that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

How do I get Magisk working? I'm on the latest firmware, the ROM bootloops when I try flashing a custom boot.img from the Magisk app

Edit: I had to use the "custom recovery" method from the tutorial, I wanted to use microg with android 12 but I can't get signature spoofing to work
    I wouldn't want to install NikGapps but OpenGapps are not available for Android 12. Any way to get around this?
    There's no problem with custom ROM's. You can install any version.
    In fact, RN8 you can even go back versions of stock rom without problem. I already did that.
    Already did go back to 18.1. Just couldn't wait :)

As for my issue ith microphone not working - the issue is gone. The only thing I did differently from the last time (also clean flash) was that I used the MindTheGapps packages from LOS wiki instead of the official OpenGapps. If there are known issues with the latter it should be clearly stated in the installation instructions IMO.

Now the only issue left on my device is very poor performance with the built-in noise cancelling microphone. People I talk with report annoying echo of their own voice.
    LOS 18.1
    06-06 update released
    • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220613-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
    • Improve moto gestures strings android_packages_resources_devicesettings
    • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220606-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
    Is this changelog out od sync or am I to believe you released an update just to push some moto gestures change? Second, what does moto gestures have to do with ginkgo?
    Updates are automatic and some of changelog is for Lineage in general and not only for ginkgo.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if it is first time installation)
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

LineageOS, ROM for the Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors

DarkJoker360
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device source code: https://github.com/ginkgo-dev
    Telegram support chat: https://t.me/ginkgodev

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS
    Dear ginkgo/willow users LineageOS is back !
    We are working to promote our devices to 18.1, few things to do are left such as pushing all and opening ticket.
    Changes are open at: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip
    Source will be the same as Official lineage 17.1 ones so clean flash will be needed.
    Stay tuned !
    Hello !

Welcome Android 12 !

Me and danascape booted new Android release at day one.

Builds aren't unified yet.

IMG_20211005_225449_388.jpg