[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 8 / 8T

Search This thread

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
There's no problem with custom ROM's. You can install any version.
In fact, RN8 you can even go back versions of stock rom without problem. I already did that.
Already did go back to 18.1. Just couldn't wait :)

As for my issue ith microphone not working - the issue is gone. The only thing I did differently from the last time (also clean flash) was that I used the MindTheGapps packages from LOS wiki instead of the official OpenGapps. If there are known issues with the latter it should be clearly stated in the installation instructions IMO.

Now the only issue left on my device is very poor performance with the built-in noise cancelling microphone. People I talk with report annoying echo of their own voice.

Reactions: bahtsiz_bedevi

bleach182

May 30, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Hello !
Here is an unofficial test build of LineageOS 19.1 for our device. Everything is working out of the box and it is ready to be daily driven. Will wait a bit to have feedbacks before releasing officially

This is the only android 12 ROM I've tried where OpenSL ES API works properly. However the taskbar, launcher and overall behavior is very sluggish and after flashing magisk it gets stuck in a bootloop. Will be looking forward to this when it gets updated. Great work!!

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
As for my issue ith microphone not working - the issue is gone. The only thing I did differently from the last time (also clean flash) was that I used the MindTheGapps packages from LOS wiki instead of the official OpenGapps.
Today's update - the issue with microphone not working in VoIP apps is still present. It just might be the case the the microphone starts working in VoIP after a Reboot. I have captured a logcat that includes the moment I made a successful VoIP call with microphone working as well as the moment I noticed the microphone is not working anymore. I'll also include a logcat just after reboot.
Anyone besides the maintainer - PM me for the files.

g000n

Sep 4, 2015
Is GPS working for anyone? I have location on but Pokemon Go still says GPS can't be found

M.Tullius

Jul 21, 2019
@DarkJoker360 , others: does 19.1 have working microphone (e.g.: group call on Signal), fast charging, and external headset volume? Those features are lacking on 18.1 afaik.

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
  • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220613-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
  • Improve moto gestures strings android_packages_resources_devicesettings
  • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220606-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
Is this changelog out od sync or am I to believe you released an update just to push some moto gestures change? Second, what does moto gestures have to do with ginkgo?

Danilo-Sanchez

Aug 13, 2015
Sao Paulo
  • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220613-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
  • Improve moto gestures strings android_packages_resources_devicesettings
  • Changes included in lineage-18.1-20220606-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip
Is this changelog out od sync or am I to believe you released an update just to push some moto gestures change? Second, what does moto gestures have to do with ginkgo?
Updates are automatic and some of changelog is for Lineage in general and not only for ginkgo.

Reactions: firefoxos

DonKarlosOn

Apr 11, 2010
lineage-18.1-20220613-nightly-ginkgo-signed
When making an outgoing call, there is no button to complete the call. Is this a ROM error?

DonKarlosOn

Apr 11, 2010
lineage-18.1-20220620-nightly-ginkgo-signed
Switch "USB debugging" does not turn off the debugging mode.
Access from the computer remains.

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
how to get ginkgo running?, even with the latest firmware it still boot loops. tried flashing in twrp, sideloading and on sd card, with lineageos recovery as well

DonKarlosOn

Apr 11, 2010
how to get ginkgo running?, even with the latest firmware it still boot loops. tried flashing in twrp, sideloading and on sd card, with lineageos recovery as well
Firmware fw_ginkgo_miui_GINKGOGlobal_V12.5.2.0.RCOMIXM_75abe1782e_11.0.zip

Download Rom, Firmware, Magisk (If you want ROOT, otherwise Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt), recovery [email protected]

Install LineageOS on ginkgo (install recovery OrangeFox)

Reboot to recovery [email protected]

Format data

Reboot to recovery OrangeFox

Wipe dalvik, cache, system, vendor
Flash Rom, Magisk or Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt
Flash latest android 11 firmware
Reboot

Update installation:

Flash Rom, Magisk (optional) or Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt
Reboot

Last edited:

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
still a nope.
did exactly this:

reboot to recovery [email protected]

Format data

Reboot to recovery OrangeFox

Flash lineage 18.1, Magisk 25.1
Flash firmware fw_ginkgo_miui_GINKGOGlobal_V12.5.2.0.RCOMIXM_75abe1782e_11.0
Reboot

just boot loops still

Last edited:

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
lineage-18.1-20220613-nightly-ginkgo-signed
and
lineage-18.1-20220602-microG-ginkgo
and
lineage-17.1-20220408-microG-ginkgo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we expect version 19.1 or will our phone stay on version 18.1?

I tested unofficial version 19.1 in the past, but this version got a bug and I changed it to 18.1 and I'm really happy with this version (with other roms, for example android auto maybe more things didn't work, but with Lineage 18.1 everything works fine).
    The new version brings some new stuff so I'm just wondering if anyone is working on it or not?

Thank you for your hard work.
    Are you using it with Gapps or Magisk with banking apps?
    If yes, is everything working?
    Poland, stock LOS, Gapps mini (IIRC) and one banking app, Poland. No GPS problems. I used to have problems with VoIP apps (no sound) but it seems to be fixed now.
    This is a file to bypass safetynet without Magisk.
    Are you using Magisk then?
    No I don't use magisk. Maybe it's just that my banking app doesn't care.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if it is first time installation)
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

LineageOS, ROM for the Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors

DarkJoker360
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device source code: https://github.com/ginkgo-dev
    Telegram support chat: https://t.me/ginkgodev

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS
    Dear ginkgo/willow users LineageOS is back !
    We are working to promote our devices to 18.1, few things to do are left such as pushing all and opening ticket.
    Changes are open at: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip
    Source will be the same as Official lineage 17.1 ones so clean flash will be needed.
    Stay tuned !
    Hello !
    Here is an unofficial test build of LineageOS 19.1 for our device. Everything is working out of the box and it is ready to be daily driven. Will wait a bit to have feedbacks before releasing officially

Welcome Android 12 !

Me and danascape booted new Android release at day one.

Builds aren't unified yet.

IMG_20211005_225449_388.jpg