[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 8 / 8T

Search This thread

g000n

Sep 4, 2015
Any reason why the my device will not update OTA? it downloads, I press install, it restarts, the update doesn't stick... any help?

BeriCud

Dec 9, 2010
Any reason why the my device will not update OTA? it downloads, I press install, it restarts, the update doesn't stick... any help?
Do you have custom recovery or LOS recovery? I have OrangeFox a with this recovery I got boot loop so I had to do clean flash. But if you have LOS recovery it should work fine.

g000n

Sep 4, 2015
Do you have custom recovery or LOS recovery? I have OrangeFox a with this recovery I got boot loop so I had to do clean flash. But if you have LOS recovery it should work fine.
I have LOS recovery... I am doing OTA update, it does not work...it wont apply the update after restarting

DonKarlosOn

Apr 11, 2010
Information for developers - the application camera works unstable, periodically crashes, when recording video the same.

Someone4

Aug 4, 2022
Hi there!
I have installed this ROM and faced the interface lags issue. It is working unacceptable. Maybe I've done something wrong? I formated data, rebooted, wiped the partitions and installed the ROM.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
Hi there!
I have installed this ROM and faced the interface lags issue. It is working unacceptable. Maybe I've done something wrong? I formated data, rebooted, wiped the partitions and installed the ROM.
Some guys experienced lagging caused by gapps. So if you have installed a gapps-package (although you didn't describe above) this might be an option worth to check.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
I don't have neither Gapps nor HMS but the lags are still there
I followed the clean flash instructions given on the dev's telegram channel (see screenshot enclosed) and everything works wonderful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-222525_Trebuchet_1.png
    Screenshot_20220805-222525_Trebuchet_1.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: degoogleyourlife

wahahahe

Aug 12, 2022
I have an audio issue where the microphone is overly sensitive, and I often can't be heard or hear the other person during voip calls. More people seem to have that issue but I couldn't find a fix. Please advise

Etrusco54

Aug 13, 2015
Perugia
I am looking for a ROM for my Redmi Noten 8T that automatically records calls like the Xiaomi dialer once did.
Does this ROM support automatic call recording?

Thank you

ferruccio

Someone4

Aug 4, 2022
I am looking for a ROM for my Redmi Noten 8T that automatically records calls like the Xiaomi dialer once did.
Does this ROM support automatic call recording?

Thank you

ferruccio
You can use Indonesian MIUI, custom dialer or a ROM with AOSP Dialer pre-installed (like LineageOS). Gapps may replace this dialer with Google phone which doesn't contain call recording

Etrusco54

Aug 13, 2015
Perugia
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, the Redmi Note 8T was not marketed in Indonesia and India so there are no MIUI ROMs for those regions. In my old Redmi Note 7 (which was also sold in India and Indonesia) I installed the Indonesian ROM and the call recording works perfectly.
I would like to install the Mi-Globe, a MIUI ROM with call recording, but I can't; I always go into bootloop.

As soon as I can I will try the Lineage, even if I am not thrilled!

Thanks again and Happy Ferragosto !!

ferruccio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if it is first time installation)
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

LineageOS, ROM for the Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors

DarkJoker360
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device source code: https://github.com/ginkgo-dev
    Telegram support chat: https://t.me/ginkgodev

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS
    Dear ginkgo/willow users LineageOS is back !
    We are working to promote our devices to 18.1, few things to do are left such as pushing all and opening ticket.
    Changes are open at: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip
    Source will be the same as Official lineage 17.1 ones so clean flash will be needed.
    Stay tuned !
    Hello !
    Here is an unofficial test build of LineageOS 19.1 for our device. Everything is working out of the box and it is ready to be daily driven. Will wait a bit to have feedbacks before releasing officially

Welcome Android 12 !

Me and danascape booted new Android release at day one.

Builds aren't unified yet.

IMG_20211005_225449_388.jpg