[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][12.1] crDroidAndroid v8.x

Search This thread

_PePe_

Jan 15, 2014
IM98OJ
Hello ..when updating to 8.7 from the rom updater it always restarts in recovery .has something similar happened to you?

Thank you!

Jarod5001

May 26, 2017
Sfax
Redmi Note 8
I'm having 'fingerprint enrollment didn't work' since a week. I was using v8.5, then I updated to v8.7 but the issue is still there.
I tried the solutions found in the Internet without luck. I can go to security > fingerprint > add, I start but at the end (the last touch to complete the circle) I get this error message.
Anyone can help me. Thanks
Screenshot_20220725-001837_crDroid Home.png

American_Jesus

Mar 9, 2016
Lisbon
I'm having 'fingerprint enrollment didn't work' since a week. I was using v8.5, then I updated to v8.7 but the issue is still there.
I tried the solutions found in the Internet without luck. I can go to security > fingerprint > add, I start but at the end (the last touch to complete the circle) I get this error message.
Anyone can help me. Thanks
View attachment 5667851
Don't have any issue. Did you scan the various parts of fingerprint?

American_Jesus

Mar 9, 2016
Lisbon
Of course. It's not the first time I used it. I tried different fingers, cleared cache partition, rebooted to safe mode, etc...
The only thing I didn't try is a factory reset.
Assuming that your fingerprint scanner isn't damage, you should try with clean install or if that doesn't work either try it with MIUI from xiaomi.eu.

Do a backup with Migrate before ,so you can restore your apps after.

Reactions: Jarod5001

Telli-

Dec 6, 2014
Is there a solution for this issue:
When screen locked and I put wrong finger to sensor screen turns on but black. It happens with correct finger too. Screen turns on black and then I see launcher.

Sorry for my bad English.

gothmog123

Sep 24, 2014
aurora store is showing me that this rom has "android system intelligence", "device health services", "private compute services" and "settings services" installed

are these prorietary google services? can they be safely removed with adb?

i don't have Gapps and i refuse to ever install Gapps btw because i'm a staunch de-googler

Reactions: AA0_o and dxD7

bahtsiz_bedevi

Dec 12, 2011
Been using for a month or so, but I'm abandoning it since the system is unstable here, always crashing and sometimes rebooting my phone.
Almost no ginkgo related changes in the changelog of crdroid/arrow updates.
Redmi Note 8's era has gone with Android 11. Too bad for us that Android 11 is no longer maintained.
Moving a device to the latest OS version with no maintenance is a bad idea.

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
aurora store is showing me that this rom has "android system intelligence", "device health services", "private compute services" and "settings services" installed

are these prorietary google services? can they be safely removed with adb?

i don't have Gapps and i refuse to ever install Gapps btw because i'm a staunch de-googler
These probably just a stub apps - see if their size is abnormal, like they're below 1 MiB.

Almost no ginkgo related changes in the changelog of crdroid/arrow updates.
Redmi Note 8's era has gone with Android 11. Too bad for us that Android 11 is no longer maintained.
Moving a device to the latest OS version with no maintenance is a bad idea.
As long as the device tree is stable, it's okay not to have device changelogs.

I believe official crdroid for RN8/T is still maintained by DarkJoker360.

AA0_o

Feb 9, 2021
These probably just a stub apps - see if their size is abnormal, like they're below 1 MiB.
Most likely. If I select one of them Aurora Store will display "failed to fetch app details", which i assume means the app isn't installed.

Changing the topic, I'm having two minor bugs.
(1) Do any of you get your phone restarting when you select "Power off" option?
I often select "Power off" but the smartphone restarts instead, after booting I can select "Power off" again and it will power off.
Maybe this is caused by a compatibility issue with orangefox recovery (in wich case this isn't a system bug)?

(2) When the phone turns on automatically (because of the alarm clock), if I don't enter the SIM pin right away (leaving the phone turned on for a long time) then when I enter the pin later on, it is always asking the pin, I enter the pin and press "OK" but the screen keeps the same).
I have to restart the phone and enter the pins for it to work (I have two SIM cards).

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
Most likely. If I select one of them Aurora Store will display "failed to fetch app details", which i assume means the app isn't installed.

Changing the topic, I'm having two minor bugs.
(1) Do any of you get your phone restarting when you select "Power off" option?
I often select "Power off" but the smartphone restarts instead, after booting I can select "Power off" again and it will power off.
Maybe this is caused by a compatibility issue with orangefox recovery (in wich case this isn't a system bug)?

(2) When the phone turns on automatically (because of the alarm clock), if I don't enter the SIM pin right away (leaving the phone turned on for a long time) then when I enter the pin later on, it is always asking the pin, I enter the pin and press "OK" but the screen keeps the same).
I have to restart the phone and enter the pins for it to work (I have two SIM cards).
1. Yes it happens to me as well. Because I very rarely powering off the phone, I kinda accept it as not a big deal. It's very unlikely caused by recovery, might be kernel side issue because it also happens with other roms with quicksilver kernel (almost all of them use that, most other kernel are also derivatives from that too)

2. Never have chance to try auto power on as well as the pin unlock.

Reactions: AA0_o

Etrusco54

Aug 13, 2015
Perugia
I am looking for a ROM for my Redmi Noten 8T that automatically records calls like the Xiaomi dialer once did.
Does this ROM support automatic call recording?

Thank you

ferruccio

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
I am looking for a ROM for my Redmi Noten 8T that automatically records calls like the Xiaomi dialer once did.

Thank you

ferruccio
The aosp dialer supports for auto record into either amr or aac if I recall correctly. Unless you have it replaced with google dialer (via flashing gapps with dialer overwriter), enabling call recorder is quite tricky if your region doesn't allow the law to easily do that

MacGyverLarisa

Thank you

ferruccio

I have the last version with nikgaps the call recording work but i don't know where to enable auto call recording.
I find auto call recording working excellent for Greece

spikelet

Aug 25, 2022
Hi guys. I have tried many firmwares on my RN8T. I liked this the most. Tell us about the problems of this firmware. And I heard that it has gaps or not? Thanks for the answer)

Top Liked Posts