[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][13] crDroidAndroid v9.x

Search This thread

Geryy_the_kid

Dec 14, 2022
Is there any way to know what firmware I have right now? I can't remember if I flashed one earlier.

Just found some way and I'm a bit noob, so can you please help me if you think it'd be better to use a different fw? My adb wrote the following:

adb shell getprop ro.build.id
TQ1A.230105.001.A2

Works fine-ish, but I'm having quite often UI bugs & sleep bugs.
This solution is from another thread i commented on. You will find some answers there, regarding what firmware and things i have installed.

I don't use messenger that often so i can't confirm nor deny it's crashing. Only thing crashed on me was a twitch apk i installed. That was from 3rd party, with no ads, so i guess that is why.

As for other apps and games: i play only angry birds, no crashes. Discord, standard twitch, steam etc... are working fine. No UI crashes either.

dj_tbr

Dec 1, 2014
Redmi Note 8
Hey Guys,

I hope my solution will work for you, as well. This issue annoyed me a lot, especially when the phone was supposed to be used by my mother and I have to think pretty intense cause I visit her quite seldom. Obviously it's much harder to do some troubleshooting remotely.

What is the most important:
Do the backup before you change anything in your system. The only person responsible for anything you do with your device is You, so take responsibility for your action.

In my example I use TWRP recovery. It's very interesting: When I had the latest version installed (twrp-3.7.0_12-1-ginkgo.img) during the firmware flash process an error appeared says that my device is Willow and I can't flash firmware for Ginkgo. What wasn't true! I restored TWRP to ver. twrp-3.6.2_9-0-ginkgo.img and magically I was able to flash the firmware from below procedure. However, version twrp-3.6.2_9-0-ginkgo.img seems to not support encryption for A13, what is not so important for finishing the process of solving the issue with not waking up from deep sleep.
Also if you know how to flash ROM you should also know how to turn on ADB sideload in Recovery or reflash Recovery.

For Ginkgo - totally clean flash (you loose all your saved data):
1. Download the latest firmware for instance from this page (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/ginkgo/)
2. Format Data
3. Clear: System, Internal Storage, Cache, Dalvik, Data
4. I personally, after formatting Data partition reboot the phone to Recovery
5. Flash firmware:
adb sideload fw_ginkgo_miui_GINKGOEEAGlobal_V12.5.12.0.RCOEUXM_f9fdc6c78 3_11.0.zip
6. Download the latest version (30th December 22) of this ROM from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cr...ndroid-13.0-20221230-ginkgo-v9.0.zip/download
6. Install ROM:
adb sideload crDroidAndroid-13.0-20221230-ginkgo-v9.0.zip
7. Optionally install GAPPS via adb sideload command
8. Reboot to the System

With this procedure and not Rooting or doing some other weird things phone is now waking up from deep sleep.
You can use it with Willow, but you have to download and flash proper firmware for Willow device

Hopefully it will help you with the same issue!

Good luck ;-)
take care guys,
ginkgo = redmi note 8
willow = redmi note 8t

i was too fast and flashed the ginkgo firmware on my 8t an bricked it, only opening (to get into edl mode) and @Geryy_the_kid post in #86 (which order, which version, etc) helped me to unbrick (all other firmwares or miui versions failed... - thanks gery

@gregory_cooky : will report, am currenlty still restoring old stuff from backup after unbricking and flashing newest firmware for my 8t (willow) :)

ndshah2

May 10, 2011
Does anyone have this issue with the screen turning off but not turning back on. On my indian variant, I get this problem only while making or receiving phone calls. I am forced to restart the phone.

Have tried both the latest Indian firmware and the EU firmware but problem persists.

Like to add that my proximity sensor is bust

dj_tbr

Dec 1, 2014
Redmi Note 8
@gregory_cooky : will report, am currenlty still restoring old stuff from backup after unbricking and flashing newest firmware for my 8t (willow) :)

@gregory_cooky: so after two days and the new firmware - this didn't happen again, i think the new firmware fixed the issue.
But will also report in a week or later after more daily usage

@ndshah2: make backup, flash new firmware, flash newest rom and this should be gone..

@Unc3nZureD: am able to connect to Wifi 5GHz without any problems with newest firmware (fw_willow_miui_WILLOWGlobal_V12.5.6.0.RCXMIXM_b9c4b22e3f_11.0.zip) and newest rom (crDroidAndroid-13.0-20230113-ginkgo-v9.1.zip)

Reactions: Unc3nZureD

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
@gregory_cooky: so after two days and the new firmware - this didn't happen again, i think the new firmware fixed the issue.
But will also report in a week or later after more daily usage

@ndshah2: make backup, flash new firmware, flash newest rom and this should be gone..

@Unc3nZureD: am able to connect to Wifi 5GHz without any problems with newest firmware (fw_willow_miui_WILLOWGlobal_V12.5.6.0.RCXMIXM_b9c4b22e3f_11.0.zip) and newest rom (crDroidAndroid-13.0-20230113-ginkgo-v9.1.zip)
@dj_tbr Hopefully it'll stay like that :)

goldrake73

Jan 29, 2020
Does anyone experienced problems with bluetooth on CrDroid 9.1 ?
Bluetooth works mostly for me except with my car's built-in handsfree system that perfectly worked until CrDroid 9.0...
It connects the first time without any problem and after turning of the car, when turning on again it doesn't connect anymore.
If you unpair and pair it again it works but only until you turn off the car.
I did a clean flash but the problem still remain and it's very annoying...
Any solution ? (I have Redmi Note 8T Willow)
Thanks

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
I am very sorry, but today it happened again - i pressed some times on Power button top wake the Screen Up and then the phone called local emercency number. A Woman from emercency talked to me.. :O Screen was still dead. Only reset/reboot via 10secs vol Up+Power brought Back the displays light..

Any ideas?
:-( Not good. I just confirmed that for a few weeks the issue with waking up phone has been solved. Apologize but in your case I don't have other ideas. The last thing is to catch log when it happens and report it via Telegram to Ginkgo CrDroid channel to its developer.

el_pedr0

Jan 26, 2023
@dj_tbr I'm having a similar problem to you I think. And perhaps @ndshah2 is encountering the same problem. Do you have a Note 8T (willow) @ndshah2 ?

My phone is also willow. The symptoms in my case:
The problem tends to occur after I haven't used it for a while - So I notice it when my alarm goes off to wake me up in the morning, or sometimes when it's been in my pocket for a while and then I receive an incoming call.
When the problem occurs, the phone appears to be operating because for example the alarm is going off, or the ringer is ringing. But the screen is black (albeit I can see detect sort of backlight - so not black as though the screen is dead). The screen is unresponsive to touch. Pressing the physical buttons also does not seem to have an effect on the screen, nor do the physical buttons snooze the alarm or silence the call ringer. The only way I can get any control back over the phone is to hold the on/off button for 10 secs to reboot.

I have not yet updated to 9.1. But I do have the latest willow firmware (European version June 22) and I installed it prior to first installing crdroid 9.0.

I will update to 9.1 and see if the problem persists, but am less hopeful now that dj_tbr is still encountering the problem even after updating.

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
@dj_tbr I'm having a similar problem to you I think. And perhaps @ndshah2 is encountering the same problem. Do you have a Note 8T (willow) @ndshah2 ?

My phone is also willow. The symptoms in my case:
The problem tends to occur after I haven't used it for a while - So I notice it when my alarm goes off to wake me up in the morning, or sometimes when it's been in my pocket for a while and then I receive an incoming call.
When the problem occurs, the phone appears to be operating because for example the alarm is going off, or the ringer is ringing. But the screen is black (albeit I can see detect sort of backlight - so not black as though the screen is dead). The screen is unresponsive to touch. Pressing the physical buttons also does not seem to have an effect on the screen, nor do the physical buttons snooze the alarm or silence the call ringer. The only way I can get any control back over the phone is to hold the on/off button for 10 secs to reboot.

I have not yet updated to 9.1. But I do have the latest willow firmware (European version June 22) and I installed it prior to first installing crdroid 9.0.

I will update to 9.1 and see if the problem persists, but am less hopeful now that dj_tbr is still encountering the problem even after updating.
Hey Guys,
This is pretty interesting. Would be so kind and honestly write the history of your phones. I mean what exactly did you do before flashing the ROM. I believe that it might be pretty important. First thing is how you prepare your device before flashing the system and what you do next like, do you root your phone, do you flash Gapps, etc. ?
Probably it's up to the phone but wiping some partitions or clean flash might be the solution for your issues. However, it takes quite some time and energy, though :)

el_pedr0

Jan 26, 2023
My phone was stock until the start of this month.
It was running Miui 11, and I had not updated the firmware for a while.
I got the unlock code
The first custom rom I installed was PixelExperiencePlus.
I first used the PixelExperience recovery.
But on first boot of PixelExperience Plus, it didn't detect the SIM or Wifi so was pretty useless.
I then tried OrangeFox recovery and installed PixelExperience Plus again, but still no SIM/Wifi
I then realised this was likely due to out of date firmware
So I reinstalled Miui 11 and updated to Miui 12.5 IIRC.
I installed the latest European firmware (June 22)
Then I installed crDroid following exactly the instructions on the first post of this thread (still using OrangeFox recovery).
I installed Nik's GApps Basic. But this didnt' automatically allow me to reimport from Google backup.
So I went through the crDroid installation process again (again formatting/wiping all the parts specified in the instructions on the first post)
Then I installed GApps Omni

The black screen issue has happened on average once or twice a day since then.

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
My phone was stock until the start of this month.
It was running Miui 11, and I had not updated the firmware for a while.
I got the unlock code
The first custom rom I installed was PixelExperiencePlus.
I first used the PixelExperience recovery.
But on first boot of PixelExperience Plus, it didn't detect the SIM or Wifi so was pretty useless.
I then tried OrangeFox recovery and installed PixelExperience Plus again, but still no SIM/Wifi
I then realised this was likely due to out of date firmware
So I reinstalled Miui 11 and updated to Miui 12.5 IIRC.
I installed the latest European firmware (June 22)
Then I installed crDroid following exactly the instructions on the first post of this thread (still using OrangeFox recovery).
I installed Nik's GApps Basic. But this didnt' automatically allow me to reimport from Google backup.
So I went through the crDroid installation process again (again formatting/wiping all the parts specified in the instructions on the first post)
Then I installed GApps Omni

The black screen issue has happened on average once or twice a day since then.
Did you have any issues on MIUI?

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
It means that there's no hardware issue with your device. I bet that the process of rom installation is the key. CrDroid seems to be quite stable, so it's worth trying. If you're eager to try different way to check this ROM out. I already prepare a simple manual a few posts before. I used TWRP for this purpose. I did it in total on three mobile phones (2x Ginkgo, 1xWillow). Only on one phone there was an issue with waking up a screen.
What's exactly the name of your firmware file for Willow?

el_pedr0

Jan 26, 2023
I already prepare a simple manual a few posts before. I used TWRP for this purpose.
Yes, thanks. I glanced at that post yesterday. I couldn't instantly see what was different from the way I installed the rom, other than the fact that you used TWRP but I used OrangeFox.
What's exactly the name of your firmware file for Willow?
fw_willow_miui_WILLOWEEAGlobal_V12.5.5.0.RCXEUXM_4a8a71d8ef_11.0

ndshah2

May 10, 2011
Hey Guys,
This is pretty interesting. Would be so kind and honestly write the history of your phones. I mean what exactly did you do before flashing the ROM. I believe that it might be pretty important. First thing is how you prepare your device before flashing the system and what you do next like, do you root your phone, do you flash Gapps, etc. ?
Probably it's up to the phone but wiping some partitions or clean flash might be the solution for your issues. However, it takes quite some time and energy, though :)
Hello all,

I have the Indian variant of the Redmi note 8.
I was on the Global China based Xiaomi.eu rom, no issues experienced.
I flashed the latest CrDroid 9.1, latest Indian firmware and Opengapps Pico.

Everything is working very well, only that my screen goes off and doesn't turn back on whenever I make or receive a phone call. Reboot is necessary. My proximity sensor is dead.

What I've found is that if I add the sensors off quick settings tile (from Developer options), and I turn OFF all sensors before receiving or making phone calls, the problem does not occur.

As this is my daily driver, I'm hitting the sensors off button (or at least trying to remember to do that) before phone calls and turning them back on after completing the call.

I'll try to do a format and clean flash again once the new CrDroid update is out.

Apart from this bug, the rom is very stable and fast.

Reactions: gregory_cooky

gregory_cooky

Mar 31, 2016
Yes, thanks. I glanced at that post yesterday. I couldn't instantly see what was different from the way I installed the rom, other than the fact that you used TWRP but I used OrangeFox.

fw_willow_miui_WILLOWEEAGlobal_V12.5.5.0.RCXEUXM_4a8a71d8ef_11.0
Well, what I've noticed is:
Formatting Data partition is a must to get rid of encryption (obvious). Then I reboot again to recovery and then I wipe: System, Internal Storage, Data partition, this might be important step.
Then flash firmware, CrDroid and finally NikGapps. Before each process no clearing: cache, etc. just flashing after flashing. Then final reboot.

I hope you don't use Root or any special modules because that might also cause some issues and need to be tested.

Anyway, you can try this way and then test your phone for a few hours with just a basic configuration to check if it works. After all you can install all your preferred apps, etc.

This is my inspiration for you and hope that it'll change your device for the better :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last (March 2024) security patch works good but for some reason, camera quality got decreased a little, and photo previews looks with so much noise, even the photos that i take on apps like WhatsApp
    SGCAM_8.5.300.XX.10_STABLE_V9 + SG-ST-Warm✨🍁.xml :)

SGCAM_8.5.300.XX.10_STABLE_V9 + SG-ST-Warm✨🍁.xml :)

Hi, i found the apk but no the .xml, could you help me to found it? :(

Finally i found it. :)
    BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    First time installation:
    • Boot recovery
    • Format Data, Wipe system
    • Install ROM
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot
    Update installation:
    • Boot recovery
    • Install ROM
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot

NOTE: If all the flashing process succeeds the terminal output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error which is also fine.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device sources: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/ginkgo/9
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/13.0/changelog_ginkgo.txt

Known issues:
    * You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Rom is now official
    Madam, Sir! Good morning.

Please check your inbox for a private message from me. Thanks a lot.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Thank you very much for warning me about someone did enter my account, now i did change my password and enabled two-factor autentication.

In case someone else sees this comment, please, enable two-factor autentication too, since last month, hackers were more active.
    I want to use my old 8T as a remote: for both infrared and smart devices over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
    I don't care much about features - only battery life and device's responsiveness matter to me. crDroid seems to be the most bloat-free distribution which makes it my top candidate.
    Should I just get the newest version, or - judging by the comments - there's an older rom that would fit my needs better? If so, which version exactly is the least battery-hungry?

I installed crdroid 9 in my gingko and used it for more than a month, since it came out, but I had this feeling the battery was draining much faster.

So, to do things in a proper and professional manner, yesterday I reinstalled crdroid 8 to compare the battery lives of both roms. I turned airplane mode on before going to sleep, just like before. The battery was at 96%. This morning, after 10 hours, the battery was at 95%. See the difference?

I'm sticking with crdroid 8 for now. It's stable, the battery life is the best I could get, and both roms look the same to me. But I'll come back to crdroid 9 later when the next update is out to see if things get better.

Instead of just installing crdroid 8, maybe you could install crdroid 9, test it for 24h and tell us about your own experience. I still feel like I'm the only one with this problem here.
    Yup. It works properly. Just make sure you're clean flashing
    Thanks, not new on this.
    Was probably the old DFE build, I'll try with DFE-NEO next time.

EDIT: After a clean install (including 'Internal Storage') everything works.
    ROM looks stable (even more than latest CrDroid 8.x builds), only drain 2% over night on a phone with a 2 year battery.
    Working with Magisk, microG and DFE-NEO (Disable Force Encryption NEO). Attach DFE-NEO settings for anyone who wants to use it.

Changed settings:
    Code:
    Disable QUOTA= false
    Flash Magisk= false
    Skip warning= true