• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] Pixel Experience [11.0]

do you like it ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

iamsaalim

1615785682437.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Camcorder
Bluetooth/Audio
Fingerprint reader
Sound / vibration
DT2W

Known issues
You tell.

How to flash
Flash Latest Ten firmware
Wipe system
Wipe Vendor
Format Data
Flash ROM
Reboot

Telegram Group
Link

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Link

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
pixel-experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors
iamsaalim
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Ten firmware.
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Beta Release Date: 2021-03-13

Created 2021-03-15
Last Updated 2021-03-15

mwarner

Jan 23, 2011
Kenilworth
Great stuff! Thanks for your efforts!

It would be useful to add those items known not to work in the "Known Issues" section in the first post to prevent multiple posts listing this elsewhere in the thread.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Camcorder
Bluetooth/Audio
Fingerprint reader
Sound / vibration
DT2W

Known issues
You tell.

How to flash
Wipe system
Wipe Vendor
Format Data
Flash ROM
Reboot

Telegram Group
Link

Link

Translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Contributors
iamsaalim

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-03-15
Last Updated 2021-03-15
Weird, I was told I had to do at least two months of unoffical stable releases after producing five months of code that worked perfectly for every version and here you are without a proper working camera and you still got official?

No wonder this ROM only gets maintained a month at a time.

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
Weird, I was told I had to do at least two months of unoffical stable releases after producing five months of code that worked perfectly for every version and here you are without a proper working camera and you still got official?

I'm on the official Plus version and camera works well, I also flashed the micam linked in the telegram support group which works as good.
And about the maintainership, he is already an internal member of PixelExperience team. So he'll maintain it for long no doubts about that.

lenylopez19

Nov 20, 2013
Does the wireless display work ? I have the previous google experience 11 rom downloaded from the official webpage and the screen cast freeze the phone and then reboot ir. Also the battery life it's really bad. (After installing naptime with aggressive doze it got a lot better)
Does this version works better?

Last edited:

iamsaalim

Camera works very fine for everyone, it's a issue from his side and don't worry I don't plan on dropping maintainership this early

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes sir, same for me yesterday with Willow. I thought it was caused by flashing DFE after flashing ROM, but so probably it's not the case. I solved flashing the latest stable fastboot MIUI rom from XiaomiAdbFastboot Tools, than flashing OrangeFox, wipe system etc., format data and than flashing the ROM zip. I also enabled the OTA updater settings in OrangeFox (I don't think it serves any purpose, but I'm writing it anyway).

EDIT: I tried to go to recovery and I got stuck again......so don't try to open it again... @iamsaalim

EDIT2 - installing Pitch Black Recovery (as said in previous posts) allows to open recovery but it got stuck on bootanimation if I reboot into system
    1. Flash vbmeta.img and recovery.img using adb fastboot
    2. Boot into recovery mode and connect ur phone to the computer using usb cable
    3. Copy the recovery file, ROM, latest 10 fw
    4. (In the recovery mode) flash recovery file
    5. Flash 10 fw
    6. Wipe cache/dalvik, data, vendor, internal storage, system
    7. Format data
    8. Install ROM
    9. Boot to system
    If u using the latest version of PE+ or PE I suggest using pitch black recovery
    FYI, it's an ongoing problem affecting several different devices (I know it happens with the Redmi Note 8 and the Poco X3, for instance), apparently due to the introduction of so-called "dynamic partitions", which TWRP and similar projects haven't been able to decrypt for several months now and to this date...

This has caused general problems and makes simple nandroid backups impossible.
    So, i'm not understanding if ther's a way to decrypt internal storage with Orange Fox. I tried by formatting data partition and with a factory reset but nothing changed. Can someone explain this pls?
    I second this. My TWRP doesn't seem to be able to decrypt internal storage either. Any help would be appreciated.
    185 version works for me :)

Tried the 190 version first. Didn't even launch. Uninstalled. Figured "maybe the install just didn't go right in Magisk. Maybe I should try to install it from recovery." Attempt to reboot into recovery. OrageFox logo. Black flicker. OrangeFox logo. Black flicker. OrangeFox logo. Black Flicker. "Uh Oh."

More than likely completely unrelated. I updated OrangeFox from 11.0 Stable to 11.1 Beta. Still no luck. Flashed it from bootloader. No luck. Flashed TWRP, can't see the data partition. Flashed OrangeFox zip from TWRP, still no luck.

So now I get to deal with a half-assed recovery, or a broken recovery. I guess I'll do a full backup, reflash MIUI, then OrangeFox, then PixelExperience, then the new camera. Then reboot into recovery and see what happens...
    These instructions are valid for TODAY. Versions get upgraded/updated all the time. Your mileage may vary. No warranty is implied. I'm telling you what I did. These files are Gingko specific for the most part.

1. Reflash Stock ROM (make sure you download the TGZ Fastboot version of the ROM, unpack it, then unpack the TAR file.)
    1625225785569.png

1625224843367.png

Take your OrangeFox 11.1 beta recovery.img and put it in the "images" folder. Overwrite the one in there.

1625224340528.png

2. Open the flash_all.bat in a text editor. Edit it so that the "pause" at the end is BEFORE the final fastboot command, or glam it up like I did:
    1625225151429.png

2.5. Right-click flash_all.bat and "Run as Administrator." (Probably not necessary, but I wasn't f-ing around with it.

2.75. Reboot straight into recovery. If you've followed instructions to this point, you'll be booting OrangeFox on a stock ROM. There is a very good chance that if you let the stock ROM boot, it will overwrite OrangeFox with stock recovery, and you'll be flashing the recovery partition again.

3. Format Data. If you don't have to type yes, then you're not formatting, you're wiping.

Just do it. Reboot straight back into recovery.

4. Install Pixel Experience. Don't "Format system, vendor, cache, data, whatever" Just install it... It'll overwrite what needs overwritten.

5. Install Magisk 23.0. Unless there's something newer when you read this...

6. Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_20210320.zip

7. Install ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip

8. Reboot into system and finish installation.

This leaves you with a working camera, and a working recovery.
    So, i'm not understanding if ther's a way to decrypt internal storage with Orange Fox. I tried by formatting data partition and with a factory reset but nothing changed. Can someone explain this pls?
    1615785682437.png

What is this?

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth/Audio
    Fingerprint reader
    Sound / vibration
    DT2W

Known issues
    You tell.

How to flash
    Wipe system
    Wipe Vendor
    Format Data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Telegram Group
    Link

Link

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Contributors
    iamsaalim

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Last Updated 2021-03-15
    The stock camera included in this PE (Android 11) rom does not open on my Redmi Note 8.

Needed to flash the attached Gcam Uninstall zip via TWRP to remove the stock camera i.e. which is system app and thus cannot be uninstalled normally.

Found the attached GCam 8.1 apk to install on my Note 8. This GCam 8.1 works perfectly.
    Yes sir, same for me yesterday with Willow. I thought it was caused by flashing DFE after flashing ROM, but so probably it's not the case. I solved flashing the latest stable fastboot MIUI rom from XiaomiAdbFastboot Tools, than flashing OrangeFox, wipe system etc., format data and than flashing the ROM zip. I also enabled the OTA updater settings in OrangeFox (I don't think it serves any purpose, but I'm writing it anyway).

EDIT: I tried to go to recovery and I got stuck again......so don't try to open it again... @iamsaalim

EDIT2 - installing Pitch Black Recovery (as said in previous posts) allows to open recovery but it got stuck on bootanimation if I reboot into system
    1. Flash vbmeta.img and recovery.img using adb fastboot
    2. Boot into recovery mode and connect ur phone to the computer using usb cable
    3. Copy the recovery file, ROM, latest 10 fw
    4. (In the recovery mode) flash recovery file
    5. Flash 10 fw
    6. Wipe cache/dalvik, data, vendor, internal storage, system
    7. Format data
    8. Install ROM
    9. Boot to system
    If u using the latest version of PE+ or PE I suggest using pitch black recovery
    Thread cleaned

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful.
    Keep the thread on topic 👍

If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
    If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA:) The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him.

This manner of posting is not tolerated.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

If you come across this just hit the report button and let the mods handle it, do not respond or become part of such a discussion.

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    I installed this fantastic rom a week ago. The first day the phone suddenly restarted 2 times, but in the rest of the week I have not had any more problems. It is a super stable and light rom. The included camera works, but I have installed the Gcam 8.1 and it looks great. Without a doubt, an installation that has completely changed my experience with the phone. Thank you very much to all of you who make this possible.

PD: Installed in a Redmi Note 8 (4/64) global with Snapdragon (Global).

Icono de Validado por la comunidad