• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] Pixel Experience [11.0]

do you like it ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Frankgp

Jul 24, 2021
Screenshot_20210723-180519.png
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
I get that when I want to install in this case is the Xiaomi camera, install the Google camera and what happens to me is that it closes automatically, I downloaded the apk from apkmirror, I do not know what I can do to fix that error.
me aparece eso cuando quiero instalar en este caso es la cámara de Xiaomi , instale la Google camera y lo que me pasa es que se cierra automáticamente , el apk lo descargué de apkmirror , no se qué puedo hacer para solucionar ese error :(

Last edited by a moderator:

alvaes

Dec 13, 2019
Redmi Note 8
View attachment 5369289me aparece eso cuando quiero instalar en este caso es la cámara de Xiaomi , instale la Google camera y lo que me pasa es que se cierra automáticamente , el apk lo descargué de apkmirror , no se qué puedo hacer para solucionar ese error :(
Look for the .zip of the Xiaomi camera (micam) in the telegram channel of pixel experience. Once you download it, install it from the recovery without doing any wipe.

Frankgp

Jul 24, 2021
I have a query, I installed twrp 3.3.1.1 and tmb try with 3.5.9 if I'm not mistaken, but when I try to enter does not run and leaves the default as if I had not installed anything, as I can fix it.
Tengo una consulta :( ,instale twrp 3.3.1.1 y tmb intente con 3.5.9 si mal no me equivoco , pero cuando intento ingresar no se ejecuta y sale el de por defecto como si no hubiera instalado nada , como lo puedo solucionar :(

Last edited by a moderator:

BBQigniter

Apr 6, 2021
will the next releases be again normal OTA images without wiping and so on, please? it takes quite some time until a phone is set up with everything like it was before even if you have backups.

at least the micam from the telegram channel works great - even portraitmode - thanks for the tip @alvaes

I get that when I want to install in this case is the Xiaomi camera, install the Google camera and what happens to me is that it closes automatically, I downloaded the apk from apkmirror, I do not know what I can do to fix that error.
me aparece eso cuando quiero instalar en este caso es la cámara de Xiaomi , instale la Google camera y lo que me pasa es que se cierra automáticamente , el apk lo descargué de apkmirror , no se qué puedo hacer para solucionar ese error :(
I have a query, I installed twrp 3.3.1.1 and tmb try with 3.5.9 if I'm not mistaken, but when I try to enter does not run and leaves the default as if I had not installed anything, as I can fix it.
Tengo una consulta :( ,instale twrp 3.3.1.1 y tmb intente con 3.5.9 si mal no me equivoco , pero cuando intento ingresar no se ejecuta y sale el de por defecto como si no hubiera instalado nada , como lo puedo solucionar :(
Hello, to install the update that came out this month, do I have to wipe the phone?
Hola, para instalar la actualización que salió este mes tengo que wipear el celular?
Hi, @Frankgp @amanzanot
Please write in English on XDA only (or at least add an English translation), as stated by the XDA Forum Rules.

As a courtesy, I translated your content.

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
@The singer Please refrain from pushing the XDA members to Telegram and away from XDA as you recurrently do. Thanks very much for your understanding.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

The singer

Apr 18, 2021
Hi, @Frankgp @amanzanot
Please write in English on XDA only (or at least add an English translation), as stated by the XDA Forum Rules.

As a courtesy, I translated your content.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

@The singer Please refrain from pushing the XDA members to Telegram and away from XDA as you recurrently do. Thanks very much for your understanding.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Sorry sir..
It won't happen again.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Wills_X

Jul 23, 2016
Akwa ibom
Hello guys, so I'm on miui 12 by xiaomi.eu, i tried to flash the pe recovery from twrp, it ws successful but when i rebooted to recovery, i got 'the system has been destroyed.' I powered off nd restarted the phone nd it booted into the system normally (thank God), so i want to ask, is my recovery partition damaged(I'm afraid to check go back nd check), if yes then why did that happen and cn it be fixed by using fastboot, thanks for your support.

kmp1

Feb 5, 2021
Hello guys, so I'm on miui 12 by xiaomi.eu, i tried to flash the pe recovery from twrp, it ws successful but when i rebooted to recovery, i got 'the system has been destroyed.' I powered off nd restarted the phone nd it booted into the system normally (thank God), so i want to ask, is my recovery partition damaged(I'm afraid to check go back nd check), if yes then why did that happen and cn it be fixed by using fastboot, thanks for your support.
recovery is okay, try to boot, it'll be just fine
my system got also destroyed when I was using twrp, then I was able to boot into recovery pressing the power+ volume up button
and from twrp flashed pbrp,
use prbp to flash the rom, it's better

GizmOstic1177

Mar 29, 2013
I flashed the ROM using the pixel experience recovery. My phone is unable to detect SIM as well as any WiFi network. I did a clean flash. Am I missing something out?

demil7

Apr 26, 2010
Sorry but I think I'm out of the loop, hopefully someone can help clarify for me: I clean flashed the latest PE+ with the latest TWRP recovery (the one that is finally able to decrypt). Is there a reason I should flash the PE recovery included in PE+'s download page? Am I OK to use the latest TWRP instead? Thanks in advance to whomever can shed some light on this.

Akelge

Mar 1, 2011
First flash PBRP recovery via pc or flash PBRP zip in current recovery..
Then dirty flash the rom
As I said a bit above your post, the latest TWRP works fine, I would prefer to stick with TWRP.
On the other side I was going to wipe cache through recovery, but I have found that latest PE installed PixelExperience recovery and I can't overwrite it with TWRP. Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

Hello. Thank you for a new free life of my Redmi note 8. I like this ROM so much, really working faster than miui12 and games have more good perfomance.
    One thing I don't know for to resolve and it's in Google Play not sertified device says. Tried to clear cash and all data with updates Google play but nothing help
    Check out new update from 14 september. It works again, I think. SafetyNet test passes and I can add my debit card again!
    Which custom recovery are you using for this rom??
    The latest TWRP, works fine. I didn't flash the PE recovery at any point.
    Where can I Get the Pixel Experience Recovery ? because TWRP and orange fox are unable to decrypt data and mount it after installation of Pixel Experience plus rom
    On their website you can get the official pe recovery
    can't find a link to download, please share

can't find a link to download, please share
    Here is the link for redmi note 8 aka gingko
    Here is the link for redmi note 8 aka gingko
    Thank you So Much!
    I use the latest build. Everything works fine, but I can't install Facebook app from the play store. When I click on 'Install' play store freezes...
    try clearing data or something. it was fine for my user
    1615785682437.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth/Audio
    Fingerprint reader
    Sound / vibration
    DT2W

Known issues
    You tell.

How to flash
    Flash Latest Ten firmware
    Wipe system
    Wipe Vendor
    Format Data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Telegram Group
    Link

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Link

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    pixel-experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors
    iamsaalim
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Ten firmware.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-13

Created 2021-03-15
    Last Updated 2021-03-15
    Yes sir, same for me yesterday with Willow. I thought it was caused by flashing DFE after flashing ROM, but so probably it's not the case. I solved flashing the latest stable fastboot MIUI rom from XiaomiAdbFastboot Tools, than flashing OrangeFox, wipe system etc., format data and than flashing the ROM zip. I also enabled the OTA updater settings in OrangeFox (I don't think it serves any purpose, but I'm writing it anyway).

EDIT: I tried to go to recovery and I got stuck again......so don't try to open it again... @iamsaalim

EDIT2 - installing Pitch Black Recovery (as said in previous posts) allows to open recovery but it got stuck on bootanimation if I reboot into system
    1. Flash vbmeta.img and recovery.img using adb fastboot
    2. Boot into recovery mode and connect ur phone to the computer using usb cable
    3. Copy the recovery file, ROM, latest 10 fw
    4. (In the recovery mode) flash recovery file
    5. Flash 10 fw
    6. Wipe cache/dalvik, data, vendor, internal storage, system
    7. Format data
    8. Install ROM
    9. Boot to system
    If u using the latest version of PE+ or PE I suggest using pitch black recovery
    The stock camera included in this PE (Android 11) rom does not open on my Redmi Note 8.

Needed to flash the attached Gcam Uninstall zip via TWRP to remove the stock camera i.e. which is system app and thus cannot be uninstalled normally.

Found the attached GCam 8.1 apk to install on my Note 8. This GCam 8.1 works perfectly.
    Hey guys, I figured out how to stop PE recovery from overwriting TWRP!(Noob here, so ignore if you already know this).

All you have to do is format the cache partition in fastboot mode before booting to recovery. This can be done by fastboot erase cache , after fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-1-ginkgo.img .
    Thread cleaned

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful.
    Keep the thread on topic 👍

If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
    If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA:) The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him.

This manner of posting is not tolerated.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

If you come across this just hit the report button and let the mods handle it, do not respond or become part of such a discussion.

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator