Bro Google Pay (India) says it can't be run on this device after latest update, SafetyNet passes and device is also certifiedView attachment 5250393
PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T
What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
Based on Android 11
Sound / vibration
How to flash
Flash Latest Ten firmware
DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Help with project translation
Our Telegram channel
- Build author/Device Maintainer: Saalim
- Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo
- Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
- ROM Developer: jhenrique09
pixel-experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_xiaomi_ginkgo
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Ten firmware.
Based On: AOSP
Beta Release Date: 2021-03-13
Last Updated 2021-03-15
1) yes you can use orangefox too, and I Guess TWRP should be fine tooHello Brother. I am using redmi note 8 (ginkgo). Android 11 original software is currently installed. I have two questions for you: 1) Can I install the appropriate recovery on my device and then install this rom? 2) is there any bug in this rom? I want to use an error free rom.
It worked perfectly for me once with no issues, can be some denial, can you send the full recovery log ?
I can only see them there. I was familiar with twrp which you can mount and probably take the logs to windows but i dont see an option in the pe recovery so i can take them and send them to you fully.
1. Flash vbmeta.img and recovery.img using adb fastbootYes sir, same for me yesterday with Willow. I thought it was caused by flashing DFE after flashing ROM, but so probably it's not the case. I solved flashing the latest stable fastboot MIUI rom from XiaomiAdbFastboot Tools, than flashing OrangeFox, wipe system etc., format data and than flashing the ROM zip. I also enabled the OTA updater settings in OrangeFox (I don't think it serves any purpose, but I'm writing it anyway).
EDIT: I tried to go to recovery and I got stuck again......so don't try to open it again... @iamsaalim
EDIT2 - installing Pitch Black Recovery (as said in previous posts) allows to open recovery but it got stuck on bootanimation if I reboot into system
Camera works very fine for everyone, it's a issue from his side and don't worry I don't plan on dropping maintainership this earlyWeird, I was told I had to do at least two months of unoffical stable releases after producing five months of code that worked perfectly for every version and here you are without a proper working camera and you still got official?
No wonder this ROM only gets maintained a month at a time.