[ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

kramred

Jul 28, 2021
can't for the life of me get my PC to communicate with either tablet in Fastboot mode
I remember that I found it particularly difficult to install and boot into the custom recovery.
I've attached a picture what the custom recovery looks like so you can distinguish it from the factory recovery; then follow the steps in the instruction.

bootloader.jpg

Maybe you could take a picture of the factory recovery screen first and also post it here so people can distinguish the two different recovery modes better.

Once lineage OS is installed the boot sequence will look similar to the attached pictures. Good luck!

boot1_.jpg boot2.jpg boot3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

smailb

Apr 26, 2022

amazon007

Apr 28, 2019

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Thanks a lot for all your work on this tablet! I have one question still: Does anybody know if there will soon be a microG version of LOS 19?

Last edited:

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Sorry double message can't delete it, sorry
Thank you very much for all the work. I have one question: does anybody know if and perhaps as well when a LOS microG version of 19 will be available?

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Take MindTheGapps, it's.available and works.

samhhmobil
Unfortunately it does not work with the patched playstore, microG in combination with microG installer from FriendlyNeighbourhoodShane has the advantage you can minimize the Google impact on your tablet. I still need the patched playstore for some payed apps and some newspaper apps otherwise they don't work, but all the other apps I don't need at all.

optativ

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks a lot for all your work on this tablet! I have one question still: Does anybody know if there will soon be a microG version of LOS 19?
I tend to think we may expect 19.1 microG version pretty soon, I am runnig it on another device flawlessly.
An update cycle started yesterday, so it may work this week.

edit: update has been released today, works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bracher

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Yes indeed it works fine, but it's different, I have one problem still and perhaps you can help where can I find the restart menue to extent to restart in recovery modus? I searched a lot but have no clue

Bracher

Sep 18, 2009
Thank you!
I found another problem ith LOS 19 which could be circumvented: you have no allowance to copy files direct from your external SD-Card to the internal storage, but if you go via root/storage/self/primary you get the allowance to copy those files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, haggertk
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    Should this tablet be supported by Lineage for some time or is it impossible to know?

Generally, when it comes to custom ROMs, it's impossible to say just how long a device will be supported. Sometimes, the device maintainer moves on and no one is available to take up the slack; other times, official support from the device developer (Samsung, in this case) stops, and though future Android updates can often be made to work with the last available code, sometimes it reaches a point where nothing further can be done. Can't speak to how long Linux4 will remain "on the job," but it doesn't look like he's going anywhere any time soon. Also, the Tab S6 Lite is supposed to officially get Android 12 some time next year, so device support should continue for a good while longer (in fact, an unofficial A12-based Lineage 19.0 is currently available, and will probably move to "official" status at some point when Lineage 19.0 builds become officially available [at the moment, 19.0 is still in the "bring-up" stage, with the software evolving day by day as its features are slowly being brought up]).
    This was said multiple times already, this is caused by samsung having released two new harware revisions with new light sensor and new audio lately.
    Support for these is already fixed and just waiting for some review/testing to be merged into official 18.1, for now you could use unofficial 19.0 tho which already contains everything needed for your hardware revision.

@Mr.Yindo This applies to you as well.
    Support for these new hardware revisions will be included in the next build on Wednesday.