• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi)

Search This thread

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Ich habe es gestern gekauft und sofort freigeschaltet.
Aber ich kann bestätigen, dass Sie eine WLAN-Verbindung herstellen müssen, um die OEM-Entsperrung sichtbar zu machen.
Es sind jedoch keine Konten erforderlich (kein Google, kein Samsung).
Ich habe Microg-Lineage 18.1 ohne Probleme geflasht.

Jetzt brauche ich nur noch einen OpenSource-Ersatz für Samsung-Notizen, aber das ist ein First-World-Problem.
test squid have good experience with it

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
I've been using this rom for some time now and I'm really satisfied with its stabilty and overall performance!

I'm having two issues though:

1. When I mount the tablet on my linux system using jmtpfs, it works just fine. But when I unmount it with fusermount -u and try to reconnect it later (doesn't matter whether or not I unplug and replug it in the meantime), the tablet doesn't get recognized anymore, which means the notifications about an active debugging mode and the options whether the tablet should be used for file exchange or usb tethering etc don't appear anymore. All I can do is to reboot the tablet, which is really a pain.

2. Just yesterday I used the tablet for a jitsi meeting and my friends told me that my microphone was very low volume. All of them were on very different systems (iPad, Windows, Android Phone, Android Tablet with stock rom) and very balanced in loudness. So could the microphone volume please be increased accordingly? I don't know how much louder it needs to be, but according to my mates quite much.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
quick question: When I update LOS18.1, do I get the latest firmware changes that Samsung has in binary blobs? Or do I need to flash stock from time to time to pick up those?

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Has anyone done a performance benchmark on the cpu and gpu compared to stock? I'm wondering if Genshin Impact will be playable with this.

Also, since the tab s6 lite kernel is open source, is it possible to port in samsung dex somehow? or is lineage working on an alternative (which would be preferrable).

And is there any development to enable display out over usb c (hdmi)? From what I understand, it was intentionally disabled in kernel to promote selling more expensive devices.

Thanks for the rom!

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
And is there any development to enable display out over usb c (hdmi)? From what I understand, it was intentionally disabled in kernel to promote selling more expensive devices.
I'm no expert, but as far as I know the S6 Lite lacks a required hardware component (a chip?) to allow this.

I hope this is wrong, because I'd love to have hdmi out! More precisely, I actually need it but wasn't careful enough when I chose this tablet…

MegamiTensor

Jun 22, 2021
Hi Linux4, thank you so much for this ROM. It works perfectly on my device.

There's one minor issue, though. When I plug in a mouse, the mouse pointer is the same pointer as the tiny dot that shows up when the S pen hovers over the screen. This makes it really hard to see the pointer and use the mouse. Is there a way to have the standard Android mouse pointer show up instead?

MegamiTensor

Jun 22, 2021
Thanks for the workaround, but the mouse pointer becomes a bit too big with that setting enabled, which is especially annoying when using the S pen. It would be really great if we could use the normal mouse pointer instead.

kcraptor82

Apr 12, 2009
Following the guide here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gta4xlwifi/install and still can't get this thing to work. So far I've made it to the folllowing:

<4. For Windows user only: install the necessary drivers. A more complete set of instructions can be found in the Zadig user guide.
  1. If nothing relevant appears, try uninstalling any Samsung related Windows software, like Samsung Windows drivers and/or Samsung Kies.
  2. Run zadig.exe found in your extracted Heimdall directory.
  3. info_outline
    NOTE: For the interested, source and documentation for zadig.exe can be found here.
  4. Choose Options » List all devices from the menu.
  5. Select Samsung USB Composite Device or MSM8x60 or Gadget Serial or Device Name from the drop down menu.
  6. Click Replace Driver, then selecting Install Driver from the drop down list built into the button.
  7. If you are prompted with a warning that the installer is unable to verify the publisher of the driver, select Install this driver anyway. You may receive two more prompts about security. Select the options that accept the warnings and allow you to carry on.
5. On your machine, open a Command Prompt or PowerShell (Windows) window, or Terminal (Linux or macOS) window, and type:heimdall print-pit

6. If the device reboots that indicates that Heimdall is installed and working properly. If it does not, please refollow these instructions to verify steps weren’t missed, try a different USB cable, and a different USB port.>

Can't get past that heimdal print-pit part. Keeps giving me errors like ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device. Any advice?

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Thank you for responding.

Yes, I saw your post and have followed that set of instructions countless times, to no avail. I can only conclude that Samsung has patched this method.

I'm going to give it 168 hours uptime while connected to Wi-Fi and logged into both accounts, as some posts suggest is necessary. If the option still hasn't appeared by next week, I'm getting rid of this thing.
I was just curious to test your statements, and I bought this device. My steps were the following: login to my WiFi access point, no setup of Samsung Account, Setup of Google Account, out of the box I had OEM Unlock already available without the need to change any date. Running LineageOS right now, so I guess it must be a specific situation you are into.

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Following the guide here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gta4xlwifi/install and still can't get this thing to work. So far I've made it to the folllowing:

<4. For Windows user only: install the necessary drivers. A more complete set of instructions can be found in the Zadig user guide.
  1. If nothing relevant appears, try uninstalling any Samsung related Windows software, like Samsung Windows drivers and/or Samsung Kies.
  2. Run zadig.exe found in your extracted Heimdall directory.
  3. info_outline
    NOTE: For the interested, source and documentation for zadig.exe can be found here.
  4. Choose Options » List all devices from the menu.
  5. Select Samsung USB Composite Device or MSM8x60 or Gadget Serial or Device Name from the drop down menu.
  6. Click Replace Driver, then selecting Install Driver from the drop down list built into the button.
  7. If you are prompted with a warning that the installer is unable to verify the publisher of the driver, select Install this driver anyway. You may receive two more prompts about security. Select the options that accept the warnings and allow you to carry on.
5. On your machine, open a Command Prompt or PowerShell (Windows) window, or Terminal (Linux or macOS) window, and type:heimdall print-pit

6. If the device reboots that indicates that Heimdall is installed and working properly. If it does not, please refollow these instructions to verify steps weren’t missed, try a different USB cable, and a different USB port.>

Can't get past that heimdal print-pit part. Keeps giving me errors like ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device. Any advice?
use Odin

PrivacyFan

Jun 16, 2021
It took some time but finally I got the job done.
18.1 LOS is running at my new device. OEM unlock was easy.

What happens at the end with the bootloader? Should I lock it again or is it better to keep it unlocked?

Linux4

It took some time but finally I got the job done.
18.1 LOS is running at my new device. OEM unlock was easy.

What happens at the end with the bootloader? Should I lock it again or is it better to keep it unlocked?

You can't relock the bootloader while having something custom installed on samsung devices (at least it wouldn't boot anymore)
That's a pixel-only thing afaik.

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
I have LOS 18.1 on my gta4xlwifi with Lineage Recovery as recommended. How should Magisk be installed ? I haven't seen a definitive method to safely do this? The Zip on an sdcard seems like one method?

Also I have enabled the built-in seedvault backup. Is it correct to just copy the .seedvault dir off and copy back on for a restore. Anyone tried a restore from clean install to see how well it works?

THX1467

Mar 15, 2012
I need Help, excuse my bad English.
Followed the Instructions:

Bootloader unlock - OK
USB debugging enabled - OK
install lineage recovery with Odin - OK
Boot into recovery works!

Wipe Data/factory reset in recovery - OK
Apply update from SD (zip on SD card) - failed Error 21 Signature verification failed
Apply update sideload - failed Error 21 Signature verification failed

Where is the Problem?

Danke für jede Hilfe im voraus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've found the cause due to this comment about accessibility features.
    As you can see in my screen shots I had Magnification shortcut turned on (the person icon in the bottom right corner).

When you turn on "Settings" → "Accessibility" → "Magnification" → "Magnification shortcut" the pen stops working for drag/scroll. Turning "Magnification shortcut" off leads to working drag/scroll with the pen…
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Hm alright, I can supply logs if you would want to? How do you install it from an external SD card? Is that an option in LineageOS recovery?
    Also
    • Is it possible to lock the bootloader, or will this cause unwanted behavior?
    • Will the LineageOS recovery update as well if updating the LineageOS rom?
    If you have an external SD card in the tablet, it also shows the LOS recovery (under the sideload) this can also read the recovery, as it is not affected by FBE. Under no circumstances would I recommend locking the bootloader again if you want a safety Net Pass, please flash magisk.

SafetyNet (LineageOS 18.1)

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
    2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
    3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
    7) Choose a certified fingerprint
    8) 21 Oneplus
    9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
    10) Follow the instructions
    11) Restart
    12) Clear Google Play Store Data
    13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
    14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
    15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
    Pls more details.
    How to?
    I'm in Recovery Lineageos.
    And?
    Advanced - Apply update - Choose from sdcard ? and than give him Masgisk-xx.x(xxx100).apk.zip ?

I see a fault message and a question: Error: 21
    Signature verification failed
    Install anyway?
    Yes, Install anyway, rename magisk-xxx.apk to magsik-xxx.zip and flash.
    I ordered yesterday the tablet and canceled it today after I found these issues with the OEM unlock option. I am an absolute beginner with LineageOS. This would be my first device with it.

I just read the instruction of the e foundation even if they don't support the S6 lite. They mention a command line option to enable OEM unlock. Hopefully this is not a stupid suggestion to work around the problem with the GUI. Could that help?

https://doc.e.foundation/pages/enable-usb-debugging
    The issue this guy has is not common.
    Nothing has been "patched" or whatever.
    Somebody knows how fast to root TAB S6 lite with Magisk?
    Thank you.
    very fast, download the app, name it as .ZIP, copy it to the external SD card and flash it using the linear recovery ....
    .or go to recovery and sideload the magisk APK, that's it