[ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Danke für die Antwort. Das Tablet war zu diesem Zeitpunkt mit dem WLAN verbunden, aber es machte keinen Unterschied.

Ich habe das Tablet vor acht Tagen auf die Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt, mir das Google-Konto eines Freundes für die Wartezeit ausgeliehen und ... nichts . Keine Anzahl von Aktualisierungsprüfungen oder Neustarts hat einen Unterschied gemacht.

Ich konnte immer noch keine Liste der GENAUEN Bedingungen finden, die zum Aktivieren der OEM-Entsperroption erforderlich sind. Einige erwähnen, dass zusätzlich zum Google-Konto ein Samsung-Konto erforderlich ist, andere erwähnen keines von beiden. Einige sagen, dass bereits ein einziger Neustart die Wartezeit zurücksetzt, andere erwähnen dies nicht. Ehrlich gesagt finde ich es außergewöhnlich, dass das LineageOS Wiki es versäumt, einen einzigen Hinweis auf ein so ernstes Problem wie dieses zu machen.

Das einzige, was ich weiß, ist, dass ich niemals ein anderes Produkt von dieser äußerst abscheulichen Firma kaufen werde . Vielleicht liegt es daran, dass ich es gewohnt bin, etwas ältere Geräte zu modifizieren, aber ich habe noch nie ein Android-Gerät gekannt, das sich so verhält.

I'm sorry to hear this, I just can't understand.
I own the device twice myself and I am very satisfied. the unlock only lasted 5 minutes.
Started once and OEM unlock was in the developer options

Last edited:

sky_mild

Sep 19, 2016
Thank you for the lineage OS port for this tablet, it was one of the reasons I decided to purchase it. I managed to get this installed in a few hours today (been a few years since installed a custom rom).

Rom: works beautifully, no issues so far, used mindtheGAPPS

Install instructions: The instructions for unlocking bootloader got confusing with the line' Now, click the button that the onscreen instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”' There are 2 options on the tab 6 which are basically both "continue" and "bootloader unlock mode" both made with volume up (one is long press one is short press). If I remember correctly continue enters download mode (used later) and bootloader unlock mode is actually the correct choice to unlock everything at that point in time.

Windows USB drivers were garbage (i know they work for many but not for me), working initially for a "print-pit" then never again; throwing a lib 12 error. I eventually just used linux and it worked perfectly (elementary OS).

Random:
I got magisk installed and passing safety net with universal safetynet fix and props hide magisk. The safetynetfix changes the evaluation type and then the props will change the fingerprint to an approved device. I know from experience some apps can still detect root and/or custom OSes by other non-safetynet triggers but this will fix most apps.

How can I buy the maintainer a cup of coffee?

Reactions: thomas.dh

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Thank you for the lineage OS port for this tablet, it was one of the reasons I decided to purchase it. I managed to get this installed in a few hours today (been a few years since installed a custom rom).

Rom: works beautifully, no issues so far, used mindtheGAPPS

Install instructions: The instructions for unlocking bootloader got confusing with the line' Now, click the button that the onscreen instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”' There are 2 options on the tab 6 which are basically both "continue" and "bootloader unlock mode" both made with volume up (one is long press one is short press). If I remember correctly continue enters download mode (used later) and bootloader unlock mode is actually the correct choice to unlock everything at that point in time.

Windows USB drivers were garbage (i know they work for many but not for me), working initially for a "print-pit" then never again; throwing a lib 12 error. I eventually just used linux and it worked perfectly (elementary OS).

Random:
I got magisk installed and passing safety net with universal safetynet fix and props hide magisk. The safetynetfix changes the evaluation type and then the props will change the fingerprint to an approved device. I know from experience some apps can still detect root and/or custom OSes by other non-safetynet triggers but this will fix most apps.

How can I buy the maintainer a cup of coffee?

Thanks for your feedback!
There's a donation link in my XDA profile

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
@SiliconValleyPondScum

Did you stumble across my post here and the link there yet? (I guess so, but who knows)

I've bought three tablets, and unlocked one after another successfully. So basically what seemed to be important, was to make sure that the search for system updates showed the date from the past after doing a search, to get the OEM Unlock switch in dev settings.
The same procedure was then needed again after unlocking and the factory reset, to be able to flash unsigned stuff.

L

Last edited:
@SiliconValleyPondScum

Did you stumble across my post here and the link there yet? (I guess so, but who knows)

I've bought three tablets, and unlocked one after another successfully. So basically what seemed to be important, was to make sure the the search for system updates showed the date from the past after doing a search, to get the OEM Unlock switch in dev settings.
The same procedure was then needed again after unlocking and the factory reset, to be able to flash unsigned stuff.

L
Thank you for responding.

Yes, I saw your post and have followed that set of instructions countless times, to no avail. I can only conclude that Samsung has patched this method.

I'm going to give it 168 hours uptime while connected to Wi-Fi and logged into both accounts, as some posts suggest is necessary. If the option still hasn't appeared by next week, I'm getting rid of this thing.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
I'm having an issue right at this moment.

I'm trying to connect the tablet via Chromecast to a visual presenter by Elmo, Model L-12W. The Elmo has Miracast implemented.

First of all it's quite a pain to get these two devices to find each other. Once they do and I agree them to connect, the tablet reboots and the Elmo doesn't respond anymore. After the tablet reboots the wifi is turned off.

My first thought was a too restrictive Afwall, but that isn't the reason.

I'd love to use these two devices for teaching, it would be perfect. But is Miracast always such a pain? Does one of you have experience with this, maybe even with the combination with an Elmo?

I'm out of ideas. Any hints?

Disclaimer: I've never used Chromecast / Miracast before, so it's very possible I'm missing something

Linux4

Recognized Developer
I'm having an issue right at this moment.

I'm trying to connect the tablet via Chromecast to a visual presenter by Elmo, Model L-12W. The Elmo has Miracast implemented.

First of all it's quite a pain to get these two devices to find each other. Once they do and I agree them to connect, the tablet reboots and the Elmo doesn't respond anymore. After the tablet reboots the wifi is turned off.

My first thought was a too restrictive Afwall, but that isn't the reason.

I'd love to use these two devices for teaching, it would be perfect. But is Miracast always such a pain? Does one of you have experience with this, maybe even with the combination with an Elmo?

I'm out of ideas. Any hints?

Disclaimer: I've never used Chromecast / Miracast before, so it's very possible I'm missing something

You are aware that Miracast is not even supposed to work on this?
Google killed it in AOSP Pie and since then it only works on relatively recent qcom devices using qcom WFD stack.

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
You are aware that Miracast is not even supposed to work on this?
Google killed it in AOSP Pie and since then it only works on relatively recent qcom devices using qcom WFD stack.
Oh!!! :oops:

I wasn't aware! Thanks for the heads up, safes me a lot of headache.

Now I'm wondering why these two devices even found each other in the first place :unsure: What devices can the tablet be connected to with this screen sharing?

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Oh!!! :oops:

I wasn't aware! Thanks for the heads up, safes me a lot of headache.

Now I'm wondering why these two devices even found each other in the first place :unsure: What devices can the tablet be connected to with this screen sharing?
None, it was wrongly still enabled in device specific overlays, will disable it so nobody runs into that soft rebooting issue anymore.

Well, it's been an entire week. Over 168 hours' uptime. Checked for updates several times. Enabled and disabled developer options several times. Nothing. The OEM unlock option has failed to appear. I'm now too close to Samsung's return deadline for experimenting with older firmware versions, etc. to be viable, so it's being sent back.

Seriously, @Linux4, please update the opening post of this thread and/or the wiki to reflect the reality of the situation. Why are you giving people the impression that this...

LineageOS Wiki said:
Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.

...is all it takes to unlock the bootloader? Don't you think the existence of an unreliable seven-day waiting period whose only known workaround has been patched at least warrants a mention?

xdaslo

Nov 26, 2019
Hello!
I see that there are 2 files for each update - ROM and recovery.
Why should I update recovery? I have a recovery from march and I can successfully upgrade rom inside the system. No problems so far.
What is the purpose of these recovery updates?
Thank you for an explanation! :)

PrivacyFan

Jun 16, 2021
...is all it takes to unlock the bootloader? Don't you think the existence of an unreliable seven-day waiting period whose only known workaround has been patched at least warrants a mention?
I ordered yesterday the tablet and canceled it today after I found these issues with the OEM unlock option. I am an absolute beginner with LineageOS. This would be my first device with it.

I just read the instruction of the e foundation even if they don't support the S6 lite. They mention a command line option to enable OEM unlock. Hopefully this is not a stupid suggestion to work around the problem with the GUI. Could that help?

https://doc.e.foundation/pages/enable-usb-debugging

Linux4

Recognized Developer
I ordered yesterday the tablet and canceled it today after I found these issues with the OEM unlock option. I am an absolute beginner with LineageOS. This would be my first device with it.

I just read the instruction of the e foundation even if they don't support the S6 lite. They mention a command line option to enable OEM unlock. Hopefully this is not a stupid suggestion to work around the problem with the GUI. Could that help?

https://doc.e.foundation/pages/enable-usb-debugging
The issue this guy has is not common.
Nothing has been "patched" or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

orawnnd

Mar 1, 2018
OnePlus 8T
I would try this ROM, but some Samsung Notes is just too good with this tablet..
Can I install Samsung Notes directly from the Play Store (or Galaxy Store)?
And is the pen as good? Pressing the button is still the eraser or do i lose this function?

I bought it yesterday and unlocked it immediately.
But I can confirm that you need to connect to WiFi to make OEM unlock visible.
But there is no need for any accounts (no google, no Samsung).
I flashed Microg-Lineage 18.1 without any problems.

Now I just need a opensource replacement for Samsung notes but that's a first world problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, haggertk
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    Should this tablet be supported by Lineage for some time or is it impossible to know?

Generally, when it comes to custom ROMs, it's impossible to say just how long a device will be supported. Sometimes, the device maintainer moves on and no one is available to take up the slack; other times, official support from the device developer (Samsung, in this case) stops, and though future Android updates can often be made to work with the last available code, sometimes it reaches a point where nothing further can be done. Can't speak to how long Linux4 will remain "on the job," but it doesn't look like he's going anywhere any time soon. Also, the Tab S6 Lite is supposed to officially get Android 12 some time next year, so device support should continue for a good while longer (in fact, an unofficial A12-based Lineage 19.0 is currently available, and will probably move to "official" status at some point when Lineage 19.0 builds become officially available [at the moment, 19.0 is still in the "bring-up" stage, with the software evolving day by day as its features are slowly being brought up]).
    This was said multiple times already, this is caused by samsung having released two new harware revisions with new light sensor and new audio lately.
    Support for these is already fixed and just waiting for some review/testing to be merged into official 18.1, for now you could use unofficial 19.0 tho which already contains everything needed for your hardware revision.

@Mr.Yindo This applies to you as well.
    Support for these new hardware revisions will be included in the next build on Wednesday.