[ROM][OFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
[...]
Apply update from SD (zip on SD card) - failed Error 21 Signature verification failed
Apply update sideload - failed Error 21 Signature verification failed

Where is the Problem?

Check your recovery output. It maybe says verification failed and asks if you want to flash anyway.
So just select Yes to flash anyway as the zip doesn't provide a signature to check.
L

GtaMaster3

Jul 8, 2021
Hi,
I've got this Error 21 Signature error, too. Flash Anyway is not possible.
Another ideas? Thank you

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Hi,
I've got this Error 21 Signature error, too. Flash Anyway is not possible.
Another ideas? Thank you
Double check that you actually booted lineage recovery, you wouldn't be the first one trying to sideload it in stock recovery ... because lineage recovery wasn't flashed successfully or stock replaced it again (disable auto reboot when flashing)
In lineage recovery you shouldn't get such errors unless your zip is corrupted

jchen12

Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I have volume buttons wake device ON because i rather not use the double tap to wake gesture. But volume button to wake up device only works RIGHT after I turn off the screen myself. or if i have music playing.
If the display turns off itself from timeout or if i turn off the screen and wait a few minutes, volume button will not wake up the device. Is this only happening to me?

Last edited:

nsn

Feb 6, 2009
Just wanted to thank @Linux4 for the work you do! If there is anonymous way to donate you few euros I would gladly do so.

kramred

Jul 28, 2021
Hello all.
Thanks a lot to @Linux4 for providing the Lineage OS builds/images/roms for gta4xlwifi. I've been using them for a while now and everything worked fine.
I try to keep my devices updated and normally install each weekly image for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi) via the "Updater" in "Settings".
With the latest image (lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip) I noticed a bug:
Using the pen for click-draging/scrolling seems to be broken (touch-drag with finger still works)

Enabling "Pointer location" in "Developer options" shows the pen movement is recognized as a very short movement(?) (no scrolling/dragging happens) and a consequent click/touch. The click/touch event is performed as soon as the pen is lifted but at the beginning of the path, at the dot of the second picture with the blue line – see attached pics.

pen_drag.jpg
pen_lift.jpg

Dragging with the finger works as expected and produces the pattern below (where you can see the dots as the scrolling/dragging was updated)

touch_drag.jpg

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Just wanted to thank @Linux4 for the work you do! If there is anonymous way to donate you few euros I would gladly do so.

Thanks
There's only a paypal link in my profile, that's all I have set up for donations right now

Hello all.
Thanks a lot to @Linux4 for providing the Lineage OS builds/images/roms for gta4xlwifi. I've been using them for a while now and everything worked fine.
I try to keep my devices updated and normally install each weekly image for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi) via the "Updater" in "Settings".
With the latest image (lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip) I noticed a bug:
Using the pen for click-draging/scrolling seems to be broken (touch-drag with finger still works)

Enabling "Pointer location" in "Developer options" shows the pen movement is recognized as a very short movement(?) (no scrolling/dragging happens) and a consequent click/touch. The click/touch event is performed as soon as the pen is lifted but at the beginning of the path, at the dot of the second picture with the blue line – see attached pics.

View attachment 5372457View attachment 5372459

Dragging with the finger works as expected and produces the pattern below (where you can see the dots as the scrolling/dragging was updated)

View attachment 5372461

It still works as expected for me, make sure there's nothing interfering with the pen, on another device with spen I've seen magnetic covers causing some issues similar to this one.

kramred

Jul 28, 2021
@Linux4 – thanks for the fast reply. I've tried different locations/surfaces for the tablet and two different pens and got the same behaviour with 20210728.

I've just re-installed lineage-18.1-20210714-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip via adb sideloading and with the same pen and tablet still in the same location on the table pen-dragging works again.

Then I've re-installed lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip via the "Updater" and dragging/scrolling with the pen stopped working.

I'm gonna try sideloading 20210728 via adb and otherwise revert to 20210714 till the next update or dig deeper if I find the time.

Edit1:

With a sha256sum checked lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip
I get on macOS
Bash:
./adb sideload /Users/mark/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip

serving: '/Users/mark/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20210728-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip'  (~47%)    adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0

on gta4xlwifi recovery:
Code:
…
E:[liblp]Logical partition metadata has invalid geometry magic signature.
Target: samsung/lineage_gta4xlwifi/gta4xlwifi:11/RQ3A.210705.001/f00d5ad122:userdebug/release-keys
…
script succeeded: result was [1.000000]

Install from ADB complete (status: 0).

Install complete with status 3.
Installation aborted.

Edit2:

/cache/recovery/last_log

PW: gta4xlwifi

Edit3:

I've built the image myself (following these instructions) and get the same behaviour: pen does not work for drag/scroll

Last edited:

kramred

Jul 28, 2021
I've found the cause due to this comment about accessibility features.
As you can see in my screen shots I had Magnification shortcut turned on (the person icon in the bottom right corner).

When you turn on "Settings" → "Accessibility" → "Magnification" → "Magnification shortcut" the pen stops working for drag/scroll. Turning "Magnification shortcut" off leads to working drag/scroll with the pen…

WayneJacob

Apr 26, 2021
does anyone know how to remedy ODIN MODE (AVB Fail)?

I had lineage-18.1-20210616 installed fine but thought the bootloader should be locked because it was still unlocked. So I locked it...boom...

Torquise screen reads:
ODIN MODE (AVB Fail)
vbmeta: Error verifying vbmeta image: OK_NOT_SIGNED (3)
CUSTOM VBMETA
VBMETA : No sign info
VBMETA ,

With the words downloading... in the middle of the screen.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Linux4

Recognized Developer
does anyone know how to remedy ODIN MODE (AVB Fail)?

I had lineage-18.1-20210616 installed fine but thought the bootloader should be locked because it was still unlocked. So I locked it...boom...

Torquise screen reads:
ODIN MODE (AVB Fail)
vbmeta: Error verifying vbmeta image: OK_NOT_SIGNED (3)
CUSTOM VBMETA
VBMETA : No sign info
VBMETA ,

With the words downloading... in the middle of the screen.

Any ideas?

You can't relock bootloader with something custom installed on these devices.
You'll need to install full unmodified stock once and go through initial installation instructions again.

Reactions: WayneJacob

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Hi, this tablet is supposed to be Widevine L1 certified, but with LineageOS only L3 seems to be available. Any solution to this?
There is only one family of devices that Lineage has with L1 and that is the S10 family.All others have L3 from Netflix as soon as the bootloader is unlocked, if you rooted the device on stick it also has L3

Reactions: jayarmstrong

jbird951

Account currently disabled
Nov 4, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
I have a few questions, I bought an S6 Lite off Offerup that the guy had tried to put LineageOS on (I'm assuming) it's soft bricked saying the bootloads unlocked and stuck in a bootloop. It has TWRP installed on it. I looked at the guide linked here and it says to use hiemdall. I did some Googling here but I'm not sure what I need to do. My thought was to download the stock rom and reflash it back to factory in TWRP and go from there. But I'm not finding anything for the US tablet. Just other coutries and unknown.

If someone could point me to a good guide to get this tablet back to how it came from the factory, or a guide that I can install LineageOS with TWRP - I did Google and found a guide, and thought since the tablet already didn't boot it wouldn't hurt anything to try. I copied lineage-18.1-20210811-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed to the TWRP dir and tried installing it. Still stuck in the bootloop. The guy who I bought it from didn't back up the stock rom so I can't do a restore that way.

I'm not confident about what I need to do here, and I'm finding different things on Google so I'm not sure what to follow.

I did ask the guy what he did exactly, he told me he followed a Youtube video but couldn't even tell me which one. He's not sure what he did exactly.

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Reactions: jbird951

mercutio54

Aug 21, 2006
Hi,
sorry to bother you all with a basic question on Page 8, but I am really stuck here and cannot proceed.
I followed the official instructions to install Lineageos 18.1. Regarding the installation of the custom recovery: I think the installation works for me with Heimdall and I also tried Odin. Tablet is in Download Mode, I flash the recovery, I can see the progress bar on the tablet, and also Odin says "Pass". Then, I remove the USB cable from the tablet.

OK, now I have to boot into recovery, but I always fail! At first, I hold Power+Volume down, and after some seconds, the screen turns black - and then, I am lost! I immediately hold Power+Volume Up, but still the normal boot process starts. Any hints what I am missing here? What about the USB cable? After flashing, I remove the USB cable. I think booting into recovery should work without USB cable plugged in, right?
Any other ideas? Thanks!

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Hi,
sorry to bother you all with a basic question on Page 8, but I am really stuck here and cannot proceed.
I followed the official instructions to install Lineageos 18.1. Regarding the installation of the custom recovery: I think the installation works for me with Heimdall and I also tried Odin. Tablet is in Download Mode, I flash the recovery, I can see the progress bar on the tablet, and also Odin says "Pass". Then, I remove the USB cable from the tablet.

OK, now I have to boot into recovery, but I always fail! At first, I hold Power+Volume down, and after some seconds, the screen turns black - and then, I am lost! I immediately hold Power+Volume Up, but still the normal boot process starts. Any hints what I am missing here? What about the USB cable? After flashing, I remove the USB cable. I think booting into recovery should work without USB cable plugged in, right?
Any other ideas? Thanks!

If your device is running oneui 3 firmware already it will only boot recovery while USB cable is plugged into a PC
Instructions tell you that tho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, haggertk
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    Should this tablet be supported by Lineage for some time or is it impossible to know?

Generally, when it comes to custom ROMs, it's impossible to say just how long a device will be supported. Sometimes, the device maintainer moves on and no one is available to take up the slack; other times, official support from the device developer (Samsung, in this case) stops, and though future Android updates can often be made to work with the last available code, sometimes it reaches a point where nothing further can be done. Can't speak to how long Linux4 will remain "on the job," but it doesn't look like he's going anywhere any time soon. Also, the Tab S6 Lite is supposed to officially get Android 12 some time next year, so device support should continue for a good while longer (in fact, an unofficial A12-based Lineage 19.0 is currently available, and will probably move to "official" status at some point when Lineage 19.0 builds become officially available [at the moment, 19.0 is still in the "bring-up" stage, with the software evolving day by day as its features are slowly being brought up]).
    This was said multiple times already, this is caused by samsung having released two new harware revisions with new light sensor and new audio lately.
    Support for these is already fixed and just waiting for some review/testing to be merged into official 18.1, for now you could use unofficial 19.0 tho which already contains everything needed for your hardware revision.

@Mr.Yindo This applies to you as well.
    Support for these new hardware revisions will be included in the next build on Wednesday.