[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lv|gts4lvwifi][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Currently getting an issue when flashing with magisk to a T727U, I'm getting this issue in crDroid but another user has the same issue in LOS as well.

Issue is once I install magisk my sensors and audio stop working, wiping system and reflashing doesn't bring it back, I have to flash the stock AP img in odin, then reflash TWRP and crDroid. Tried with both v24 and v25 magisk.

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
OK.

There's now 15 pages of messages in this thread and firstly I'd like to thank the OP for all the hard work he's obviously put into this. I've skim read all the messages and without giving specific examples there's sometimes conflicting info without a clear resolution.

So, here is my situation.

I picked up a S5e 64GB LTE version yesterday at a very good price as I intend to use it as a streaming media device so the Amoled screen was important to me, I knew that it would only support A11 officially and this forum would be my most likely route to A12.

I do have A12 OUI 4.1 on a couple of Tab S6 tablets and honestly love the improved performance and items like the colour template, they make the whole user experience much improved. However using a Tab S6 for this project made no sense financially.

So, right now I have a S5e 64GB 5G, stock, latest build and security patches (1st Feb 22 from memory).

Is the performance on A12 much better than A11 on the S5e? It is far improved on the Tab S6, thus the question.

Is the colour template option a function of A12 or of O UI 4.1? If it's O UI 4.1 I suppose it's not implemented on either Lineage or crDroid?

Has the encryption of the internal storage issue actually been resolved as it's unclear from the thread.

Is the A12L implementation working properly as there were some comments about the bar not working properly.

I only have access to 'nix PCs so does Heimdell work or is it still an unknown?

Is there anything else that's a known 'Not Working' issue right now that means I should hold off and wait? As this unit is in testing at the moment it's no problem to wait as it's not my daily device and won't ever be.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Great ROM - no complains! Thanks so much @LuK1337 .
Use that for with microG included. No hassle with spoofing and no gapps required + anonymous Playstore access via Aurora. Anyhow, recommend FDroid store with just Free and OpenSource Software.

Reactions: nostupidthing

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
OK.

There's now 15 pages of messages in this thread and firstly I'd like to thank the OP for all the hard work he's obviously put into this. I've skim read all the messages and without giving specific examples there's sometimes conflicting info without a clear resolution.

So, here is my situation.

I picked up a S5e 64GB LTE version yesterday at a very good price as I intend to use it as a streaming media device so the Amoled screen was important to me, I knew that it would only support A11 officially and this forum would be my most likely route to A12.

I do have A12 OUI 4.1 on a couple of Tab S6 tablets and honestly love the improved performance and items like the colour template, they make the whole user experience much improved. However using a Tab S6 for this project made no sense financially.

So, right now I have a S5e 64GB 5G, stock, latest build and security patches (1st Feb 22 from memory).

Is the performance on A12 much better than A11 on the S5e? It is far improved on the Tab S6, thus the question.

Is the colour template option a function of A12 or of O UI 4.1? If it's O UI 4.1 I suppose it's not implemented on either Lineage or crDroid?

Has the encryption of the internal storage issue actually been resolved as it's unclear from the thread.

Is the A12L implementation working properly as there were some comments about the bar not working properly.

I only have access to 'nix PCs so does Heimdell work or is it still an unknown?

Is there anything else that's a known 'Not Working' issue right now that means I should hold off and wait? As this unit is in testing at the moment it's no problem to wait as it's not my daily device and won't ever be.
Personally I find performance to be much more consistent on LOS/crDroid, my S5e would run fine on oneui at first but frequently it would slow to an absolute crawl until I reboot and then it would be fine for a while again, which got very annoying when I use my tablet rather infrequently to just pick it up and have it not respond to almost anything. So far I haven't had the same issues on LOS based roms, but I've only had it installed for a couple weeks so far. Don't expect it to make the tablet feel like a Tab S8

A12 has color theming options, but they're different from OneUI, OneUI still has the more traditional "theme' system, whereas A12 has automatic color adapting based on background or you can manually select what colors you want.

Internal storage encryption is only an issue with TWRP, if you just put all your rom files onto an SD Card then it works fine.

Dunno about A12L or Heimdall, worst case you can spin up a windows VM or try WINE.

Only real issues I know of are Magisk issues and lack of HDR support; which was kind of an issue in OneUI as well, but in older versions could be tricked, but they removed it entirely in 4.1 it looks like, despite the screen being fully capable of HDR, not sure if there's some way to hack it back in.
And Magisk seems to break some things, at least on my SM-T727, when I install it I no longer have sensors or audio working and it requires a reflash back to stock to fix.

Oct 21, 2010
Personally I find performance to be much more consistent on LOS/crDroid, my S5e would run fine on oneui at first but frequently it would slow to an absolute crawl until I reboot and then it would be fine for a while again, which got very annoying when I use my tablet rather infrequently to just pick it up and have it not respond to almost anything. So far I haven't had the same issues on LOS based roms, but I've only had it installed for a couple weeks so far. Don't expect it to make the tablet feel like a Tab S8

A12 has color theming options, but they're different from OneUI, OneUI still has the more traditional "theme' system, whereas A12 has automatic color adapting based on background or you can manually select what colors you want.

Internal storage encryption is only an issue with TWRP, if you just put all your rom files onto an SD Card then it works fine.

Dunno about A12L or Heimdall, worst case you can spin up a windows VM or try WINE.

Only real issues I know of are Magisk issues and lack of HDR support; which was kind of an issue in OneUI as well, but in older versions could be tricked, but they removed it entirely in 4.1 it looks like, despite the screen being fully capable of HDR, not sure if there's some way to hack it back in.
And Magisk seems to break some things, at least on my SM-T727, when I install it I no longer have sensors or audio working and it requires a reflash back to stock to fix.
The lack of HDR is a really bummer for me 😥
I looked for solutions and could not find any. I thought about going back to the stock rom because I really miss HDR content.

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK

@TheTofu

Thanks, that's a really comprehensive reply to my questions and much appreciated.

I suspect I'll be going the crDroid route then, but before that I'll have to find an SD card as I honestly can't remember the last time I used one (eeek!!).

Have a great weekend.

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
Currently getting an issue when flashing with magisk to a T727U, I'm getting this issue in crDroid but another user has the same issue in LOS as well.

Issue is once I install magisk my sensors and audio stop working, wiping system and reflashing doesn't bring it back, I have to flash the stock AP img in odin, then reflash TWRP and crDroid. Tried with both v24 and v25 magisk.
I lose audio in either Lineage or CrDroid when installing Magisk v25.1, but not of I keep it in v25.

dimon222

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto
romanenko.in
Thanks for maintaining this device, @LuK1337

Upgrade from 18.1 to 19.1 went smooth:
1. Flashed newer TWRP (https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/twrp-3.6.1_9-0-gts4lvwifi.img.tar.html) and latest stripped firmware (https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases) in ODIN
2. Downloaded the latest LOS build, MindTheGapps 12.1 ARM64 (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935) and Magisk.apk (renamed to .zip) and copied to sd-card
3. Restarted in TWRP and flashed LOS, MTG and Magisk
4. Wipe cache and reboot
Ended up in bootloop initially for me. I had pattern password setup.

Spent last several hours digging for solutions and was able to find one to not lose the data and still "dirty" upgrade.
Here's hint for plebs like me:
A lot of custom modules are installing survival script in /system/addon.s/ to reexecute flash process after any dirty flashing of firmware. Unfortunately, these modules are not always compatible with major version upgrades of old LOS. In my case it was FlameGapps. Even dirty flashing new flamegapps on top didn't help to bypass flamegapps.
The solution that worked for me was to run Wipe not just for Dalvik/Cache, but also for "System" partition before flashing new LOS 19.1 (that would eliminate all such remnant survival scripts).

Extra note that might not be trivial for people who didn't read all the respective "questions" that were brought with Android 12 - the "Data" partition is encrypted, and recovery of TWRP/LOS can't decrypt it (it will show abracadabra filenames there if you decide to mount internal storage in TWRP mode). Its intended, not an issue.

Reactions: macallik

macallik

Jul 20, 2013
Just flash both in odin and reboot. Nothing else
Hmmm. I followed the following steps but for some reason it didn't take. My current version is still the unofficial 19.1 version (3/22 release). Any suggestions?
  1. Downloaded the AP & BL from here
  2. Put into Download mode and flashed both at once
  3. Rebooted device via Power button + Volume Down (7 seconds)
Do I need to use TWRP for anything maybe? Or maybe try this?

Hmmm. I followed the following steps but for some reason it didn't take. My current version is still the unofficial 19.1 version (3/22 release). Any suggestions?
  1. Downloaded the AP & BL from here
  2. Put into Download mode and flashed both at once
  3. Rebooted device via Power button + Volume Down (7 seconds)
Do I need to use TWRP for anything maybe? Or maybe try this?
What do you mean by point number three? Device should reboot automatically after successfull flash in odin

bosox284

Mar 16, 2012
As a follow-up on the taskbar issue, I found that Nova doesn't play nice with it at all. Disappointing, but I'll stick to Trebuchet for the compatibility. Figured I'd highlight that here for anyone who is having similar issues and can't figure out what it is.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
What install method are you using?

I've been having the magisk app patch a twrp image and that leads to the audio issue for me.

On this device I flash the .zip in TWRP. (change the .apk ending to .zip) It should work in LOS recovery to for those using that. I have several devices running LOS recovery, I flash the .zip using LOS recovery, the same as you do other .zip, using adb sideload.

Don't flash modules or add-ons in TWRP, that will cause problems these days. Those get flashed in the app.

Reactions: TheTofu

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Ahhh, that's probably the issue. Tried a bunch of different things to see if I can get magisk to uninstall without having to wipe but no luck, I'll start fresh again and give the zip method a try.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Ahhh, that's probably the issue. Tried a bunch of different things to see if I can get magisk to uninstall without having to wipe but no luck, I'll start fresh again and give the zip method a try.

Did you rename the file uninstall.zip and flash it in TWRP? That used to be how Magisk work for uninstalling? I'm making the assumption that functionality is still there? (I've only used it once)

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Did you rename the file uninstall.zip and flash it in TWRP? That used to be how Magisk work for uninstalling? I'm making the assumption that functionality is still there? (I've only used it once)
Tried from the app, renaming zip, reflashing boot, recovery, etc.. nothing worked had to wipe and restart.
Good news is, installing by renaming zip worked a treat and didn't kill my sound or sensors, bad news is now my internal storage is behaving oddly because I've flashed AP so many times.
I tried reflashing stock while re-partitioning which should have fixed it but it's still saying I only have 19GB of internal storage so need to do some more troubleshooting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to show my appreciation for the hard work done in supporting Lineage for the S5e. The Lineage support is the main reason I bought this model. Thank you! Runs great.

LOS 20 would be great to see at some point. A microg version would be cool too, but I'm just happy this has any kind of support.
    forget "shut off on screen close" - how about just any kind of automatic shutoff while the tablet is inactive for x minutes. Is there REALLY no setting for this? Any known root solutions for this?

Follow up to this: there's an app on f-droid called WiFi Automatic that does, word for word, what I was requesting. It even turns it on when the screen comes back on.

It seems to be working for me and it seems to be in the google play store too. Some SEO Key words to help others searching to solve this problem:
    android 12, wifi, sleep mode, wifi auto-off, wifi auto-on, wifi off on sleep mode, "can I automatically turn off wifi in sleep mode in android 12"
    Anyone found a workaround for the AOSP Keyboard crashing in numeric mode?

Not a true true solution but based on recommendations I installed OpenBoard as a replacement for AOSP default. I find it to be as good at least, better in many ways: it has a "split keyboard" option that puts a spacer down the center, making it easier for both thumbs to hit the keys rather than traveling all across the screen. It also allows for height percentage adjustment and other customizations.
    Thanks. I'll try that. Is their an easy way too switch boards on the fly? Or just in settings?
    not that I know of. I switched to openboard and haven't felt a desire to go back
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Next build should also have a taskbar toggle here, hopefully that makes people cry less...
    Hi Luk1337
    Donation sent

170.00 PLN
    god bless
    Thanks for that. That is helpful. I'll wait then until it is resolved sometime.

So is that not hiding issue on hold an issue with Android 12 issue or this rom?

It is amazing there isn't much hands on reviews / videos online on the Android 12 version itself (the tablet version) on how to's for new features. I did find one article that mentioned the hold to hide, but as you mention above it didn't work (I guess I was getting uneven results and difficulties. Eg on remote desktop once I bought up keyboard it'd show and I'd have to rotate and rotate and maybe get it to disappear.
    It just seems very inconsistent on 12.1 in general on tablets. Sometimes, the task bar stays hidden for considerable periods of time. Some apps pop up to adjust whereas in other cases the task bar simply overlaps with the same apps.

You can always make it go away with long press or swipe down gestures but that is needless effort. I am living with it for a month now and would just like it to be consistent in the sense that it should stay hidden unless I pull it up. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

To me, it simply seems that Google made some changes for tablets without really having a product in mind and thus it is poorly implemented. Expect it to get better with time as it seems it is here to stay.
    Hi,
    I haven't unlocked the bootloader of a device in a while...
    Does Netlix work Witz unlocked bootloader? What about widevine, is 1080p Playback still possible?
    Thanks in advance :)
    I got both working on my S5E Wifi.
    You have to use the latest Magisk Version 24.1. Activate Zygisk in the Settings, download the latest SafetyNet Fix for Zygisk from GitHub (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.2.1) and you need MagiskHidePropsConf (https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf).

I've set my device keys to some Samsung ones via "adb shell" and then "props" and followed the wizard steps.

Got WideVine Level 1 with this ROM (full 1080p Support) and Passing all SafetyNet Tests (for now, i hope it will work for some time :D )

Thank you a lot @LuK1337 for keeping this alive.