[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lv|gts4lvwifi][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
Is this the only android tablet that still has custom ROM? I don't seem to see any of the later tablets with official custom Roms.

bosox284

Mar 16, 2012
Small bug I noticed: on reboot if I try to add an app to the home screen it just freezes. It goes away once I toggle the 'Lock layout' under Home settings though.

Reactions: peetereczek

DreckSoft

Oct 6, 2012
First thanks for this update.

I have one question. Is it possible to change the app grid? It works on the S10e with LOS 19 but here it seems fixed to 6x5. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
For me automatic rotation doesn't work. Would like to update, but that fails.
I think I need some help. I would go for the normal recovery instead of TWRP.
But going into download mode and do this fails.

sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY lineage-19.1-20220621-microG-gts4lv-recovery.img
Heimdall v1.4.2

Copyright (c) 2010-2017 Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
ERROR: Failed to send handshake!ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed!

Releasing device interface...

Amaranth`

Jul 21, 2015
Paris
Guys how can i remove the new navigation bar in lineageos? I wanna use the old style 3 buttons navigation bar and not this new style tablet navigation bar mode.

Dejavu`

Aug 2, 2015
I have a small problem. When i clean flashed the rom every time im going to twrp internal storage all folders they are having a weird names and i cant see the internal storage saved files. How can i fix it?

topaza

Aug 12, 2009
I have wifi issues with this tablet. This already is an issue since I got the device. However as I instantly switched to LOS I have no experience with stock ROM.
The issue is that the connection breaks down if I am farer away from the wifi access point. Any other devices like smartphones still have a good wifi connection while the S5e disconnects. I would expect a tablet to even have a better antenna than any smartphone as there is much more room for a good antenna...so is this maybe just a software issue?
So is this a general hardware issue with this tablet or a LOS issue? What are you experiences regarding the wifi coverage with this tablet?

/EDIT: I am on the current LOS release but also had the issue during several month with several older releases

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
Hm, somehow my exfat formatted sdcard is not recognized, is exfat support in lineageos missing by choice of developers or it can be implemented? @LuK1337 it would be highly appreciated if you could add exfat support in this excellent ROM, thank you very much...

Last edited:

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
I have wifi issues with this tablet. This already is an issue since I got the device. However as I instantly switched to LOS I have no experience with stock ROM.
The issue is that the connection breaks down if I am farer away from the wifi access point. Any other devices like smartphones still have a good wifi connection while the S5e disconnects. I would expect a tablet to even have a better antenna than any smartphone as there is much more room for a good antenna...so is this maybe just a software issue?
So is this a general hardware issue with this tablet or a LOS issue? What are you experiences regarding the wifi coverage with this tablet?

/EDIT: I am on the current LOS release but also had the issue during several month with several older releases
Connect to 2.4 GHz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to show my appreciation for the hard work done in supporting Lineage for the S5e. The Lineage support is the main reason I bought this model. Thank you! Runs great.

LOS 20 would be great to see at some point. A microg version would be cool too, but I'm just happy this has any kind of support.
    forget "shut off on screen close" - how about just any kind of automatic shutoff while the tablet is inactive for x minutes. Is there REALLY no setting for this? Any known root solutions for this?

Follow up to this: there's an app on f-droid called WiFi Automatic that does, word for word, what I was requesting. It even turns it on when the screen comes back on.

It seems to be working for me and it seems to be in the google play store too. Some SEO Key words to help others searching to solve this problem:
    android 12, wifi, sleep mode, wifi auto-off, wifi auto-on, wifi off on sleep mode, "can I automatically turn off wifi in sleep mode in android 12"
    Anyone found a workaround for the AOSP Keyboard crashing in numeric mode?

Not a true true solution but based on recommendations I installed OpenBoard as a replacement for AOSP default. I find it to be as good at least, better in many ways: it has a "split keyboard" option that puts a spacer down the center, making it easier for both thumbs to hit the keys rather than traveling all across the screen. It also allows for height percentage adjustment and other customizations.
    Thanks. I'll try that. Is their an easy way too switch boards on the fly? Or just in settings?
    not that I know of. I switched to openboard and haven't felt a desire to go back
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Next build should also have a taskbar toggle here, hopefully that makes people cry less...
    Hi Luk1337
    Donation sent

170.00 PLN
    god bless
    Thanks for that. That is helpful. I'll wait then until it is resolved sometime.

So is that not hiding issue on hold an issue with Android 12 issue or this rom?

It is amazing there isn't much hands on reviews / videos online on the Android 12 version itself (the tablet version) on how to's for new features. I did find one article that mentioned the hold to hide, but as you mention above it didn't work (I guess I was getting uneven results and difficulties. Eg on remote desktop once I bought up keyboard it'd show and I'd have to rotate and rotate and maybe get it to disappear.
    It just seems very inconsistent on 12.1 in general on tablets. Sometimes, the task bar stays hidden for considerable periods of time. Some apps pop up to adjust whereas in other cases the task bar simply overlaps with the same apps.

You can always make it go away with long press or swipe down gestures but that is needless effort. I am living with it for a month now and would just like it to be consistent in the sense that it should stay hidden unless I pull it up. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

To me, it simply seems that Google made some changes for tablets without really having a product in mind and thus it is poorly implemented. Expect it to get better with time as it seems it is here to stay.
    Hi,
    I haven't unlocked the bootloader of a device in a while...
    Does Netlix work Witz unlocked bootloader? What about widevine, is 1080p Playback still possible?
    Thanks in advance :)
    I got both working on my S5E Wifi.
    You have to use the latest Magisk Version 24.1. Activate Zygisk in the Settings, download the latest SafetyNet Fix for Zygisk from GitHub (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.2.1) and you need MagiskHidePropsConf (https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf).

I've set my device keys to some Samsung ones via "adb shell" and then "props" and followed the wizard steps.

Got WideVine Level 1 with this ROM (full 1080p Support) and Passing all SafetyNet Tests (for now, i hope it will work for some time :D )

Thank you a lot @LuK1337 for keeping this alive.