[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lv|gts4lvwifi][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

jbamuro

Nov 15, 2012
Has anyone been able to get a microSD card to work with this? Formatting as internal storage gives an error
"Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android os.storage.Volumeinfo.getId()' on a
null object reference"
Formatting as portable storage appears to succeed but then says it's is corrupt and asks to be formatted again.

I've followed the comments here https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2212 and used SELinux to set Permissive but the issue persists.

LegioXGemina

Aug 23, 2022
Hi, I'm quite inexperienced new user, I managed following the instructions on first page with some difficulty to update my galaxy tab s5e LTE (SM-T725) to Lineage 19.1 with MindTheGapps package. Everything seems to work fine, I only notice a slight overall slowdown of the tablet. I would like to ask you experts a question. I saw that Android is updated in August 2022, while the manufacturer's security patch level is stopped in December 2021. Is this normal? An original Samsung firmware is available on the Sammobile website, in my case for Italy, updated to 08/08/2022. Is it possible to update the manufacturer patch? I am attaching some screenshots to clarify the problem. I hope some users can answer and explain me. Sorry if the question has been asked in the past. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823-190738_Impostazioni LineageOS.png
    Screenshot_20220823-190738_Impostazioni LineageOS.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220823-191336_Impostazioni.png
    Screenshot_20220823-191336_Impostazioni.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220824-100927_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20220824-100927_Firefox.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 51

vpn560

Oct 14, 2007
Hi, I'm quite inexperienced new user, I managed following the instructions on first page with some difficulty to update my galaxy tab s5e LTE (SM-T725) to Lineage 19.1 with MindTheGapps package. Everything seems to work fine, I only notice a slight overall slowdown of the tablet. I would like to ask you experts a question. I saw that Android is updated in August 2022, while the manufacturer's security patch level is stopped in December 2021. Is this normal? An original Samsung firmware is available on the Sammobile website, in my case for Italy, updated to 08/08/2022. Is it possible to update the manufacturer patch? I am attaching some screenshots to clarify the problem. I hope some users can answer and explain me. Sorry if the question has been asked in the past. Thank you.
If You followed instructions, including installation of last AP and BL
(https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases),
that's all You need to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: maruchandd

maruchandd

Dec 22, 2017
Can this be done - auto shut off on screen close/sleep, or auto timeout after disuse of tablet?

forget "shut off on screen close" - how about just any kind of automatic shutoff while the tablet is inactive for x minutes. Is there REALLY no setting for this? Any known root solutions for this?

Are google that desperate to disable this battery saving feature so they can have a hot mic listening and pinging other devices geolocations for their metadata privacy theft? I see no reason why this configuration is disabled/removed. (Not blaming dev working on this ROM, this seems to just be a thing in Android 12)

vpn560

Oct 14, 2007
This is vendor firmware which need to be flashed in odin

Thanks for the reply. I tried to follow the guide but I didn't understand what AP and BL are. If you can explain me better and what can I do to check if they are installed. Thank you
If You don't install them yourself , then do it using PC and Samsung's Odin as stated above. AP and BL are recommended to be up to day. Please try to find out about Odin in Internet 🙂 After AP & BL You can start installation of the LineageOS. Below are installation instructions URL:

Last edited:

vpn560

Oct 14, 2007
Last edited:

LegioXGemina

Aug 23, 2022
If You don't install them yourself , then do it using PC and Samsung's Odin as stated above. AP and BL are recommended to be up to day. Please try to find out about Odin in Internet 🙂 After AP & BL You can start installation of the LineageOS. Below are installation instructions URL:
I installed the latest AP BL CP downloaded from https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases, I ran the Lineage 19.1 installation procedure successfully but I noticed that the update patch of the manufacturer is always stopped in December 2021. Is it normal or are there further steps?
Sorry for the inexperienced user question.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823-191336_Impostazioni.png
    Screenshot_20220823-191336_Impostazioni.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 32

vpn560

Oct 14, 2007
I installed the latest AP BL CP downloaded from https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases, I ran the Lineage 19.1 installation procedure successfully but I noticed that the update patch of the manufacturer is always stopped in December 2021. Is it normal or are there further steps?
Sorry for the inexperienced user question.:)
It is normal. That's all. Now You can decide whether to use GAPPS and Magisk. The next OTA update will automatically change Samsung security string to 2022.07.01 !

Last edited:

elbie1

Aug 27, 2022
Has anyone been able to get a microSD card to work with this? Formatting as internal storage gives an error
"Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android os.storage.Volumeinfo.getId()' on a
null object reference"
Formatting as portable storage appears to succeed but then says it's is corrupt and asks to be formatted again.

I've followed the comments here https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2212 and used SELinux to set Permissive but the issue persists.
I have tried the following:
  1. Pulled a brand new Kingston Canvas Select Plus 32GB Micro SDHC card from the package
  2. Inserted it in my Linux laptop to verify that it is formatted as FAT32 with no files present
  3. Inserted it in my S5e tablet running LineageOS 19-202208-15 official (gts4lvwifi 128 GB)
  4. Chose portable storage. It was available and usable pretty much immediately
  5. Put it back in my Linux laptop, removed the partition and re-created a FAT32 partition
  6. Repeated step 3 and 4 with equal success
  7. Put it back in my Linux laptop, now recreating the single partition with an ext4 filesystem
  8. To my pleasant surprise, LineageOS happily will offer to use it as portable storage; step 3 and 4 were equally fast and successful
  9. Made a picture with OpenCamera, letting it store onto the SD card
  10. Put it back in my Linux laptop, verified that the picture was there and the filesystem still ext4
i was not aware that ext4 is now supported as portable storage; that did not work many years ago when I last tried that.

What I have not done is to try using it as internal storage. This is known to work badly on any Android device if at all and is generally recommended to avoid like the plague. I don't even want to try it to see if it will work on my device.
I really see no point in doing it on a device with 64 or 128 GB of internal storage in the device. Internal storage is way much faster than any SD card and many apps will simply refuse to use an SD card formatted as internal storage.
With an SD card formatted as portabble storage you can store various kinds of data on that, leaving plenty of storage for apps and their internal data on your device.
I remember using it way back when devices had much less internal storage and it was troublesome at best back then (in the times of CyanogenMod 7). From what I read about it, it hasn't improved since then.

It might be that the attempt to format your SD card as internal storage has left it in a state where LineageOS can't properly format it for portable storage anymore. You might want to try reformatting it to FAT32 on a Windows or Linux PC. I remember occasions were neither Android nor Windows were able to reformat a card, but Linux was able to recover it.

Last edited:

moridinbgg

Aug 19, 2022
Formatting as internal storage outright fails and leads to a bootloop with larger SD cards (256GB & 128GB 100%, smaller might work) on LineageOS. What works is "mount --rbind" between the card and a folder in the internal storage. I am sharing about 200GB of raster & vector maps from a single folder between OruxMaps & Locus Map

LegioXGemina

Aug 23, 2022
Hi, I recently installed Lineage 19.1 thanks to the support of the forum, but I noticed that the device is not Google Protect certified. What should I do to fix? (I attach a screenshot). Also I noticed that videos for example on Youtube are not displayed in full screen. I don't know if it's been asked yet but is it a Lineage problem or what?
Thanks to those who want to answer me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220828-172218_Google Play Store.png
    Screenshot_20220828-172218_Google Play Store.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All this talk of Android 13 and Lineage 20.

Has anyone managed to breathe deeply and clear their mind and meditate on the fact that Android 12 and Lineage 19x are a retrograde step from Android 11 Lineage 18x ?

For my money I would have preferred that Android 12 never saw the light of day. Bad interface. Bad battery. No actual benefits.

And if Android 13 is more of the same, then Thanks but No Thanks.

I can hear the clarion call already from the We Must Have Updates brigade -

"Update or we will withhold all security updates, and might even hound you to the ends of the Earth".

To the right-thinking brethren amongst us, let your united call be a sane orison -

"Progress, not Regress. Enough Already".
    * yawn *
    before posting BS, please read the XDA rules

Leave the moderating to the moderators.
    Is anyone else finding that the keyboard case doesn't work anymore? Not a Bluetooth one, the Samsung one with the pins I thought my keyboard might have broken so Igor another, but it doesn't work either.

Is there some new setting I'm missing to enable it?
    Still works for me. But the connection with the pins has always been spotty for me.
    My SafetyNet works great.

Magisk 25.2 Zygisk enabled
    Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1
    MagiskHide Props Config 6.1.2 v137
    Flame Gapps 220920
    LineageOS 18.1 20220425 nightly

The difference is the Gapps and the Lineage version. I will not be changing either of mine any time soon.

The idea that A12, or even A13 heaven forfend, are a step forward is utter nonsense.

By all means go with A12/13 provided you don't need proper working GPS, Wifi, SafetyNet, fingerprint, and a decent battery life, and anything else from the MOUNTAINS of bug reports.

This is not a criticism of @LuK1337 's ability. They have shown themselves to be very decent devs over the years. THis is about MASS HYSTERIA and following the lemming pack over the cliff edge.
    Low battery consumption is important for me. I want to use my "new" tablet for internet, online banking and mails. So should I better choose LOS18 and not LOS19?

You could always try both and see which is best for you.

My preference is very clear, but your experience may be different.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Next build should also have a taskbar toggle here, hopefully that makes people cry less...
    Could you tell us sth about lineage 20 bring up .Are you working on it or not yet?
    That's top secret.
    Hi Luk1337
    Donation sent

170.00 PLN
    god bless
    All this talk of Android 13 and Lineage 20.

Has anyone managed to breathe deeply and clear their mind and meditate on the fact that Android 12 and Lineage 19x are a retrograde step from Android 11 Lineage 18x ?

For my money I would have preferred that Android 12 never saw the light of day. Bad interface. Bad battery. No actual benefits.

And if Android 13 is more of the same, then Thanks but No Thanks.

I can hear the clarion call already from the We Must Have Updates brigade -

"Update or we will withhold all security updates, and might even hound you to the ends of the Earth".

To the right-thinking brethren amongst us, let your united call be a sane orison -

"Progress, not Regress. Enough Already".
    * yawn *