• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-24
Last Updated 2020-04-01

ijimhd

Aug 9, 2019
Fingerprint

Hello. I just installed the update 31/Aug the auto rotation problem was fixed but I still don't see a fingerprint screen unlock option. Thanks

Aug 31, 2020
Can't find update file

This is my first update since installing Lineage OS. Does anyone know where the file saves to? When it reboots to TWRP I need to manually select the ZIP file to install and I can't find where the built-in updater saved it.

Thank you

btonetbone

May 15, 2008
I booted into Recovery, but TWRP is no longer able to decrypt my data. It's not asking for my password and using the built-in terminal fails. I tried on TWRP version 3.3.1.5 and 3.4.0.3. I recently flashed the Android 10 firmware from the first few posts, which is the only other change I've made lately. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
I booted into Recovery, but TWRP is no longer able to decrypt my data. It's not asking for my password and using the built-in terminal fails. I tried on TWRP version 3.3.1.5 and 3.4.0.3. I recently flashed the Android 11 firmware from the first few posts, which is the only other change I've made lately. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?
You can use https://build.twrp.me/twrp-3.4.0-0-gts4lvwifi.img until -4 is out.

bart3005

Jan 16, 2011
Installed the latest build along with the Odin files.

All good, no problems other than I have a Samsung case for it, normally when the case is closed it turns the screen off and locks it. On the 31st/8 build this is not happing. The screen stays on.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Installed the latest build along with the Odin files.

All good, no problems other than I have a Samsung case for it, normally when the case is closed it turns the screen off and locks it. On the 31st/8 build this is not happing. The screen stays on.
Should be addressed in the next build.

shrek42

Feb 28, 2017
For anyone with interest in details about the sideloading/installation mechanisms:

After sideloading the same LineageOS ROM a second time I did observe that my changes to "/system/etc/hosts" have been preserved. So I became curious whether the sideloading really cleans the entire system partition. And indeed it does. The reason for the survival of the hosts file is shell script "/system/addon.d/50-lineage.sh". Quote: "During a LineageOS upgrade, this script backs up /system/etc/hosts, /system is formatted and reinstalled, then the file is restored".
Thus this and other scripts in directory "/system/addon.d/" (another example is "70-gapps.sh") lead to automatic adjustments of partition /system after re-installation. Thanks to LuK1337 for his advice.

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package:
- https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682890115
AP -> AP_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar.md5
BL -> BL_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
thx! works extremely smooth the new build 31/8

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Really like the 31/8 build.
No probs with fingerprint.
---
Upgraded
Flash twrp img in recovery, reboot recovery.
Boot to download, odin mentioned AP and BL, boot system, reboot recovery, flash 31/8
Runnining super smooth.

Sent from my gts4lvwifi using XDA Labs

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks. This TWRP image, combined with info from this issue got my TWRP backup working for main and work profile again. Setting the same pin twice instead of using 1 pin and set option 'use one lock' enabled me to decrypt both main and work profile.

It's still a hassle, but changing to the same lock twice instead of use one lock will do while making backups. This was no image issue, but a TWRP one.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Unlikely.
I see from the TWRP site that you are the maintainer for the S5e, so if you say "Unlikely", I'll take it as the "final word".:D I'll just have to wait. With the amount of storage and RAM this tablet has, the "Samsung Bloat" isn't as big a deal as it was on earlier models, so waiting isn't a problem.:)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
I see from the TWRP site that you are the maintainer for the S5e, so if you say "Unlikely", I'll take it as the "final word".:D I'll just have to wait. With the amount of storage and RAM this tablet has, the "Samsung Bloat" isn't as big a deal as it was on earlier models, so waiting isn't a problem.:)
Well it'll mostly work but don't expect it to decrypt userdata, also stock rom might hate you for custom recovery.
Also idk what you're going to wait for, I'm not going to invest time into stock rom...

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Well it'll mostly work but don't expect it to decrypt userdata, also stock rom might hate you for custom recovery.
Also idk what you're going to wait for, I'm not going to invest time into stock rom...
If it will install so that I can then format the data partition and poceed to flash either LOS 17.1 or your cDroid ROM, then that's all I want. :fingers-crossed: The whole point is to get away from stock.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
If it will install so that I can then format the data partition and poceed to flash either LOS 17.1 or your cDroid ROM, then that's all I want. :fingers-crossed: The whole point is to get away from stock.
...then it always did that.

nsx2brz

Nov 4, 2014
Another successful update

Updated to latest version from August 31st, no issues to report that haven't been already....

- Flashed updated twrp-3.4.0.0 from twrp-3.3.2.2
- Flashed updated AP and BL from Odin
- Flashed updated lineage-17.1-20200831-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip from twrp
- Wiped Cache and Dalvik (not sure that it is necessary)
- Rebooted

I have Magisk 20.3 and Viper's Audio installed, it kept the installation of both. Waiting for the fix for the magnetic switch for the book cover which is coming in the next build.

Thx!!!

truc113

Dec 8, 2010
Trifouilly-les-Oies
F2FS file system support gone?

Hi all,
first many thanks @LuK1337 for your amazing work maintaining this great tablet!

I'm using it with a F2FS formatted sdcard (better speed than exfat + some other better stuff).
until 24/08 build all was ok, I could read/write my sdcard without issue.

from 24/08 build, with the firmware update etc, there probably are many kernel changes I suppose (according to your github),
now my sdcard is no longer accessible, logcat shows that F2FS is now unsupported...
same happen with your newest twrp, though I can't remember if I could ever read F2FS in it before

indeed in your kernel repo (and in the lineageos one, which is basically the same)
F2FS is not enabled nor even mentioned in the defconfig files.

is it intentional or just some side effect of a big merge? (in that case there might be other things dropped unintentionally)
could it be enabled again please :crying: ?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi all,
first many thanks @LuK1337 for your amazing work maintaining this great tablet!

I'm using it with a F2FS formatted sdcard (better speed than exfat + some other better stuff).
until 24/08 build all was ok, I could read/write my sdcard without issue.

from 24/08 build, with the firmware update etc, there probably are many kernel changes I suppose (according to your github),
now my sdcard is no longer accessible, logcat shows that F2FS is now unsupported...
same happen with your newest twrp, though I can't remember if I could ever read F2FS in it before

indeed in your kernel repo (and in the lineageos one, which is basically the same)
F2FS is not enabled nor even mentioned in the defconfig files.

is it intentional or just some side effect of a big merge? (in that case there might be other things dropped unintentionally)
could it be enabled again please :crying: ?
Ehh i don't like f2fs...but i reenabled it. BTW it was Samsung that disabled it.

wapok147

Sep 2, 2020
Hi there, after 31 Aug build downloaded and the tablet rebooted, when TWRP asked for the PIN code, I wrongly clicked "cancel", then it still installed the update but the fingerprint reader doesn't work anymore.
What should I do? Should I run the update again using the ADB / Sideload method?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi there, after 31 Aug build downloaded and the tablet rebooted, when TWRP asked for the PIN code, I wrongly clicked "cancel", then it still installed the update but the fingerprint reader doesn't work anymore.
What should I do? Should I run the update again using the ADB / Sideload method?
Flash correct fw according to post #3.

vafele

Feb 2, 2017
hi. i bought this tablet for its great display but am dissapointed in general use responsiveness. every swipe feels slow and juddery. will going from stock to lineage rom solve this issue? it is hard to blame the hardware for this since its decent, so my guess is stock rom might be at fault

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
hi. i bought this tablet for its great display but am dissapointed in general use responsiveness. every swipe feels slow and juddery. will going from stock to lineage rom solve this issue? it is hard to blame the hardware for this since its decent, so my guess is stock rom might be at fault
Just try it out. If anything you can always go back to stock and relock the bootloader.

s7droid

Mar 16, 2020
I think you won't be disappointed

VirtualSmile

May 14, 2017
Hello! I'm absolutely loving the clean feel and responsiveness of LOS on the S5E so far. However, I have one issue. I can't seem to get HDMI Audio output through a USB-C > HDMI Adapter. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I found a bug report on the LineageOS Gitlab (here: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2459) but I'm not sure if it's device dependant or not.

If it is a feature that's not yet implemented, is it possible to have it added? Otherwise, I hope it is able to get fixed - if you need any extra info or diagnostics please let me know.

Thank you!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hello! I'm absolutely loving the clean feel and responsiveness of LOS on the S5E so far. However, I have one issue. I can't seem to get HDMI Audio output through a USB-C > HDMI Adapter. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I found a bug report on the LineageOS Gitlab (here: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2459) but I'm not sure if it's device dependant or not.

If it is a feature that's not yet implemented, is it possible to have it added? Otherwise, I hope it is able to get fixed - if you need any extra info or diagnostics please let me know.

Thank you!
Get me a cable and I can put at least an hour into it.

Shadow4945

Jan 22, 2012
Landau
Switched from unofficial to official. Everything fine! THX for the Rom.
I have an problem. Magnetic Bookcover doesn't work. Any solution for that?

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
I'm down. It's probably easier for me to PayPal you some donation money rather than directly send you one. PM me your details and I can get it sent :)
My details are public, see my forum signature. BTW link me amazon.de page for the cable that I should get.

VirtualSmile

May 14, 2017

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

Oremus06

Dec 19, 2019
Hi Man ! Thank's a lot for your work.
Any idea on how to get rid of all the warning message on boot ?
It's so boring !!! :)
Thank's anyway

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Hi everyone and thank you very much to the OP for all the nice work. I just ordered this tablet for Netflix viewing, mostly.

Can you guys tell me if this custom ROM is smoother / faster than the stock one?
Any chance of adding support for Netflix HDR10 or is it impossible since Netflix would have to support the tablet has well?
Cheers

WhitbyGreg

Jul 23, 2009
Just a note on updating the firmware for Android 10, make sure you have the latest Odin release (3.13 at this time), as older ones (I had 3.12) will fail to write the BL/AP files.

Fjux

Nov 28, 2012
i just installed the rom and it runs so smooth!
i had a bit of issues with flashing as the tab would not accept the vbmeta file... ( i had to revert to stock android 9, and then it did work)

After that i got safteynet to work fully with magisk and after that was able to install Netflix.

Though i saw that it now only support Widevine L3. so it seems that Widevine L1 was lost.

as i mainly bought the tablet for media consumption, i really hoped to have Widevine L1. (i utterly despise the samsung layer)
is there an option to get L1 supported?
if so, is there a method to do this myself or is something that needs to be implemented in the rom itself?
or is it impossible in general for custom roms?

dimon222

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto
romanenko.in
I know it might be a bit too early to ask, but will there be support for LineageOS 18? I'm not quite sure how much of issues to come, but good to know if it worth to expect it.

In the rest, looks like decent build.

dimon222

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto
romanenko.in
Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

AP -> AP_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar.md5
BL -> BL_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

I have tried to flash this after flashing vbmeta (before flashing TWRP), and it leaded me to bootloop. My device was out of the box retail Android 9 on XAR CSC.
I think this might be not fully universal way (unless I did something wrong, as it wasn't clear at what stage in steps in post #2 it should be flashed).
What helped me instead - finding & flashing latest regional variant (via respective CSC) of Android 10 in Frija with similar approach AP/BL (it will also help to recover from bootloop if you ended up there), and only then proceed with vbmeta/twrp flashing (with data wipe in the middle obviously). Alternatively, it might be simpler to just install android update directly in regular OS via system settings (as it already arrived in many regions via OTA).

At the end after flashing Lineage OS / gapps, etc and then doing Format data - magisk can be flashed using classic way via TWRP (surprised me, I thought its going to be another story with "pick one" TWRP or Magisk, not both).

Perhaps might be useful for someone who didn't deal with Samsung flashing for past several generations like me.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
ok boomer.

BTW: twrp decryption is only broken on stock rom, custom roms /should/ decrypt just fine.
I didn't claim otherwise. My statement was that TWRP couldn't decrypt SAMSUNG's new encryption method. BTW, I'm not a Boomer either. I was born prior to the start of WWII, not after the war.:D

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
i would so enjoy being called dude, it shaves good chunk of years off instantly. its like when cashier asks for an ID in alco store. made my day when that happened back in the days. :eek:
Sorry, but I was taught that people were suppose to show respect to their elders. Referring to one as "dude" is showing distain.:(

tyl

Nov 21, 2005
Sorry, but I was taught that people were suppose to show respect to their elders. Referring to one as "dude" is showing distain.:(

No, it's not friend. Its inclusive.

Don't be sensitive in xda. It's not about egos, it's about development, community and support.

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
There was no distain or disrespect of any kind meant in that. As pointed out above, it was in fact, inclusive. My 50 years doesn't match your 80 but the 3 hospitalizations over the past 45 days for severe heart disease, with new stents added each time(total of 9 now). I would say puts me in a good race with you to see who checks out first. But as long as we're both still here, know that it wasn't meant in any negative way, and let it go. Life's too short for petit-****. If need be, check your feelings at the door and pick 'em up on your way out, save 'em from gettin' hurt that way.

And just to clarify things a little bit, we are in an LOS thread for a samsung device. A device for which TWRP does in fact handle decryption. The question was not asked about stock samsung encryption nor was it asked in a Samsung OS thread.

dimon222

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto
romanenko.in
I'm using it for around 1 week now, and it works very well. Including OTA arriving & installing just fine without headaches (automatic reboot to recovery, etc etc).
I still feel kernel could be tuned for better battery saving. So far the most major saver of battery on device is still Disabled background checks for Email refresh and installed/configured Wifi Automatic (with disabled battery optimization for it, of course).

Can't wait to see LOS 18 on this device.

Taverius

Sep 21, 2011
Rapallo
Trying to update to the Android 10 AP+BL, but when I booth into download mode and connect my PC either says "device not recognized" or nothing and ODIN never sees the device.

I do have the Samsumg USB drivers installed - its the same PC I used originally to root + lineage the tablet - and just to be sure I reinstalled them.

Ideas?

Edit: before anyone asks, yes, I did try turning them off and on again :p

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Trying to update to the Android 10 AP+BL, but when I booth into download mode and connect my PC either says "device not recognized" or nothing and ODIN never sees the device.

I do have the Samsumg USB drivers installed - its the same PC I used originally to root + lineage the tablet - and just to be sure I reinstalled them.

Ideas?

Only thing I can think to try is making sure Dev mode and USB debugging are enabled. That and trying a different USB cable.:fingers-crossed:

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.

Ideas?

reboot system and check connectivity. if you have connection while booted in android or recovery but not in download mode it will probably have to go back to Samsung. I had the opposite occur in mine (don't know why they listed it as no power on ticket)where I had connection in download mode but not in android or recovery. Don't know what they replaced, descriptions aren't clear on ticket.

Attachments

EugenStanis

Feb 13, 2016
Warszawa
reboot system and check connectivity. if you have connection while booted in android or recovery but not in download mode it will probably have to go back to Samsung. I had the opposite occur in mine (don't know why they listed it as no power on ticket)where I had connection in download mode but not in android or recovery. Don't know what they replaced, descriptions aren't clear on ticket.
They replaced mobo with screen

Jarjar72

Apr 28, 2008
Can't install Lineageos 17.1 from TWRP

Hi all

I hope someone can help...

I bought the SM-T720 yesterday. I updated the stock firmware to Android 10 and made all available updates.

Today I wanted to install Lineageos 17.1 and used the manual I found here.
- I managed to unlock the bootloader
- I managed to flash "vbmeta.tar" (I think...)
- I managed to flash twrp-3.4.0-4-gts4lvwifi.img.tar
- I managed to boot into TWRP

After all of this I copied lineage-17.1-20200928-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-mini-20201001.zip on a micro SD card and tried to install it in TWRP. But it won't install.

I keep getting the following error message:
ERROR: This package requires firmware from an Android 10 stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry.

I don't understand. My stock ROM IS updated to Android 10. Why do I get this error message?

I attach a couple of more pictures here. Maybe these are of help for finding the issue:

Thanks for your help guys!
Let me know if you need more info.

Best regards,
JJ

Attachments

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Hi all

I hope someone can help...

I bought the SM-T720 yesterday. I updated the stock firmware to Android 10 and made all available updates.

Today I wanted to install Lineageos 17.1 and used the manual I found here.
- I managed to unlock the bootloader
- I managed to flash "vbmeta.tar" (I think...)
- I managed to flash twrp-3.4.0-4-gts4lvwifi.img.tar
- I managed to boot into TWRP

After all of this I copied lineage-17.1-20200928-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-mini-20201001.zip on a micro SD card and tried to install it in TWRP. But it won't install.

I keep getting the following error message:
ERROR: This package requires firmware from an Android 10 stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry.

I don't understand. My stock ROM IS updated to Android 10. Why do I get this error message?

I attach a couple of more pictures here. Maybe these are of help for finding the issue:

Thanks for your help guys!
Let me know if you need more info.

Best regards,
JJ
Not just any version of 10 will work. You need to flash the version in post #3 of this thread.

ijimhd

Aug 9, 2019
Netflix

I am using this rom for some time now but I just found out that I cannot install netflix from the playstore (there is no app) also if I download the apk for netflix I get really bad quality. Thanks

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
I am using this rom for some time now but I just found out that I cannot install netflix from the playstore (there is no app) also if I download the apk for netflix I get really bad quality. Thanks
Install Aurora store and then install netflix from there. It pulls from googles servers and will install correct version. Quality is fine that way.

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
I just installed this on my new S5e...so I came from stock and I´m successfully running Lineage 17.1 now....weird thing is that I cant activate Wifi ?!? When I try to toggle to on, tablet is working for 10 secs (lagging too), than it goes to OFF again. I tried to add my Wlan manually, but it wont connect. Any idea? Looks like wifi driver is missing?

*edit*

F&$§%$, found the issue.....LTE variant....I chose this tablet because Tab S6 or 7 wont have any custom roms yet......camn....I bought the wrong one. Is there any custom rom that works on the LTE variant?

Last edited:

EugenStanis

Feb 13, 2016
Warszawa
I just installed this on my new S5e...so I came from stock and I´m successfully running Lineage 17.1 now....weird thing is that I cant activate Wifi ?!? When I try to toggle to on, tablet is working for 10 secs (lagging too), than it goes to OFF again. I tried to add my Wlan manually, but it wont connect. Any idea? Looks like wifi driver is missing?

*edit*

F&$§%$, found the issue.....LTE variant....I chose this tablet because Tab S6 or 7 wont have any custom roms yet......camn....I bought the wrong one. Is there any custom rom that works on the LTE variant?
No

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016

Is there any way I can get or extract this specific firmware from an official firmware update image? Can you briefly explain the difference between this specific firmware and the firmwares that is installed on a tablet with the latest Android 10 update?

Thanks!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Is there any way I can get or extract this specific firmware from an official firmware update image? Can you briefly explain the difference between this specific firmware and the firmwares that is installed on a tablet with the latest Android 10 update?

Thanks!
This is just repacked firmware without system, boot, vendor etc. You shouldn't necessarily need this exact version so if for some reason you aren't passing assertions during installation while on Android 10 FW, please share your TZ version which you should see it right above the failed assert msg.

Last edited:

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016
This is just repacked firmware without system, boot, vendor etc. You shouldn't necessarily need this exact version so if for some reason you aren't passing assertions during installation while on Android 10 FW, please share your TZ version which you should see it right above the failed assert msg.
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. The assertion fails with "Comparing TZ version XF.5.0.2-00155 to XF.5.0.2-315709-9".

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016
and what does adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader say?
T720XXU1CTI1 (all upper case, the forum software converts it to lower case)

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I have removed the assertion from META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and repacked the zip file, flashing worked as expected and the firmware is running without any issues so far.

I am not sure though if my TZ firmware is newer or older than yours.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I have removed the assertion from META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and repacked the zip file, flashing worked as expected and the firmware is running without any issues so far.

I am not sure though if my TZ firmware is newer or older than yours.
No idea how it's working for you, here this FW just kernel panics on vl4_enum so dunno about adding it to supported versions.

Can you check your HW revision? `adb root + adb shell "dmesg | grep Hardware\ name"` should return something like
[ 16.072936] Hardware name: Samsung GTS4LVWIFI PROJECT (board-id,05) (DT)

Last edited:

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016
No idea how it's working for you, here this FW just kernel panics on vl4_enum so dunno about adding it to supported versions.

Can you check your HW revision? `adb root + adb shell "dmesg | grep Hardware\ name"` should return something like
[ 16.072936] Hardware name: Samsung GTS4LVWIFI PROJECT (board-id,05) (DT)
I didn't root the device yet (by installing the su addon) and I have no intention to do so, but I found this in the dmesg output of TWRP:
Machine Samsung GTS4LVWIFI PROJECT (board-id,09)
I will report back on any crashes I might get with this firmware. The tablet is working great so far and the device runs much smoother than with Samsung's stock ROM. Thanks! :good:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
I didn't root the device yet (by installing the su addon) and I have no intention to do so, but I found this in the dmesg output of TWRP:

I will report back on any crashes I might get with this firmware. The tablet is working great so far and the device runs much smoother than with Samsung's stock ROM. Thanks! :good:
Eh, maybe that's why it works for you. Need to get Samsung to release newer kernel src.

BTW you can just enable rooted debugging in dev options if you'll ever want to use `adb root` while in Android.

Last edited:

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016
BTW you can just enable rooted debugging in dev options if you'll ever want to use `adb root` while in Android.
Thanks for the hint, I will use it next time.

So far the only problem I have noticed is that the WiFi speed is limited to 87 MBit/s (as in the first version of Samsungs Android 10 stock ROM). They fixed it later on so that the tablet could negotiate 433 MBit/s again (see this thread). The throughput has always been bad with this tablet, but when the tablet negotiates 87 Mbit/s the speed caps out at around 50 MBit/s whereas with 433 MBit/s I can get around 80 MBit/s of usable throughput.

I am not sure though if this is a firmware issue (driver blob) or a software issue (wpa_supplicant setting, driver setting).

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the hint, I will use it next time.

So far the only problem I have noticed is that the WiFi speed is limited to 87 MBit/s (as in the first version of Samsungs Android 10 stock ROM). They fixed it later on so that the tablet could negotiate 433 MBit/s again (see this thread). The throughput has always been bad with this tablet, but when the tablet negotiates 87 Mbit/s the speed caps out at around 50 MBit/s whereas with 433 MBit/s I can get around 80 MBit/s of usable throughput.

I am not sure though if this is a firmware issue (driver blob) or a software issue (wpa_supplicant setting, driver setting).
Looks fine here?

Code:
[email protected]:~# iperf3 -s
-----------------------------------------------------------
Server listening on 5201
Accepted connection from 192.168.1.200, port 56718
[  5] local 192.168.1.1 port 5201 connected to 192.168.1.200 port 56720
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
[  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  37.1 MBytes   311 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   1.00-2.00   sec  39.7 MBytes   333 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   2.00-3.00   sec  38.8 MBytes   326 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   3.00-4.00   sec  39.2 MBytes   329 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   4.00-5.00   sec  39.5 MBytes   330 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   5.00-6.00   sec  39.4 MBytes   331 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   6.00-7.00   sec  38.9 MBytes   326 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   7.00-8.00   sec  39.4 MBytes   331 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   8.00-9.00   sec  39.2 MBytes   329 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   9.00-10.00  sec  39.8 MBytes   335 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]  10.00-10.04  sec  1.35 MBytes   314 Mbits/sec                  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[  5]   0.00-10.04  sec   392 MBytes   328 Mbits/sec                  receiver
I'll be looking into pushing updated changes once Samsung finally releases kernel src so that I maybe stop crashing on new FW.

Last edited:

rndm42

Mar 3, 2016
Looks fine here?
Wow! :eek:

This is what I am getting (similar setup with OpenWrt access point):
Code:
[email protected]:~# iperf3 -s
Server listening on 5201
Accepted connection from 10.0.103.124, port 35474
[  5] local 10.0.103.20 port 5201 connected to 10.0.103.124 port 35476
[  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  8.09 MBytes  67.8 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   1.00-2.00   sec  8.41 MBytes  70.5 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   2.00-3.00   sec  8.68 MBytes  72.7 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   3.00-4.00   sec  8.42 MBytes  70.7 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   4.00-5.00   sec  8.60 MBytes  72.1 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   5.00-6.00   sec  8.73 MBytes  73.2 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   6.00-7.00   sec  8.48 MBytes  71.1 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   7.00-8.00   sec  8.55 MBytes  71.8 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   8.00-9.00   sec  8.48 MBytes  71.1 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]   9.00-10.00  sec  8.69 MBytes  72.9 Mbits/sec                  
[  5]  10.00-10.08  sec   723 KBytes  70.6 Mbits/sec                  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[  5]   0.00-10.08  sec  85.8 MBytes  71.4 Mbits/sec                  receiver
I have no issues with other WiFi clients (e.g. the Oneplus 6 with LOS performs just fine).

Here is a snippet from the dmesg output when enabling WiFi (also note the SELinux permission errors):
Code:
[ 2268.033155] init: Received control message 'interface_start' for '[email protected]::ISupplicant/default' from pid: 480 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
[ 2268.035028] init: starting service 'wpa_supplicant'...
[ 2268.041436] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/vendor_wpa_wlan0', mode 660, user 1010, group 1010
[ 2268.089126] type=1400 audit(1602242331.054:309): avc: denied { search } for comm="pool-1-thread-6" name="zram0" dev="sysfs" ino=49219 scontext=u:r:system_app:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs_zram:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0
[ 2268.090238] type=1400 audit(1602242356.254:310): avc: denied { getattr } for comm="wpa_supplicant" name="trace_marker" dev="tracefs" ino=5132 scontext=u:r:hal_wifi_supplicant_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:debugfs_trace_marker:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
[ 2268.135521] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a946295c8][13:19:16.314726] wlan: [6103:I:HDD] hdd_wlan_start_modules: 3120: Wlan transitioning (CLOSED -> ENABLED)
[ 2268.149847] ipa_uc_reg_rdyCB:1978 IPA HW is not supported
[ 2268.150063] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a9466d87d][13:19:16.329270] wlan: [6103:E:TXRX] hif_print_hal_shadow_register_cfg: CONFIG_SHADOW_V2 not defined\x0a
[ 2268.201947] IPC_RTR: process_new_server_msg: Server 00001003 create rejected, version = 0
[ 2268.279895] IRQ6 no longer affine to CPU4
[ 2268.459567] tsens[1:314][2:314][3:314][4:314][7:307][8:307][9:307][10:310][5:317][6:317][11:310][12:310]
[ 2269.205807] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959c2419][13:19:17.384999] wlan: [6103:I:HIF] hif_snoc_bus_configure: 188: expecting wake from ce 2, irq 84
[ 2269.206120] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959c3ce3][13:19:17.385328] wlan: [6103:E:IPA] ipa_config_update: 75: IPA config already freed
[ 2269.206302] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959c4a8e][13:19:17.385510] wlan: [6103:E:QDF] cds_get_context: 1286: Module ID 66 context is Null
[ 2269.206525] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959c5b5a][13:19:17.385734] wlan: [6103:E:HDD] hdd_wlan_start_modules: 3172: WBUFF init unsuccessful; status: 11
[ 2269.213613] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959e6ea7][13:19:17.392818] wlan: [6103:E:QDF] cds_get_context: 1286: Module ID 66 context is Null
[ 2269.214369] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a959ea784][13:19:17.393576] wlan: [6103:F:WMA] WMA --> wmi_unified_attach - success
[ 2269.227813] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95a29742][13:19:17.407014] wlan: [6103:E:QDF] Target Ready! TX resource : 2 size:2184, MaxMsgsPerHTCBundle = 1
[ 2269.227994] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95a2a5b8][13:19:17.407206] wlan: [6103:E:QDF] SVS Index : 1 TX : 0x100 : alloc:2
[ 2269.233764] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a45628][13:19:17.412971] wlan: [3244:I:WMA] wma_rx_service_ready_event: Firmware build version : 3265805a
[ 2269.233928] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a462c8][13:19:17.413140] wlan: [3244:I:WMA] wma_rx_service_ready_event: Board id: 0, Board version: 1 0 0 0 2
[ 2269.234250] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a47add][13:19:17.413461] wlan: [3244:E:QDF] Num chain mask tables: 0\x0a
[ 2269.235145] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a4bdda][13:19:17.414354] wlan: [3244:E:WMA] wma_update_supported_bands: wrong supported band
[ 2269.235477] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a4d6eb][13:19:17.414688] wlan: [3244:E:QDF] copy_fw_abi_version_tlv: INIT_CMD version: 1, 0, 0x5f414351, 0x4c4d, 0x0, 0x0
[ 2269.252812] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95a9eab2][13:19:17.432019] wlan: [3244:E:QDF] ready_extract_init_status_tlv:0\x0a
[ 2269.253851] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95aa3910][13:19:17.433063] wlan: [3244:E:REGULATORY] wlan_regulatory_pdev_obj_created_notification: 3979: reg cannot handle more than one pdev
[ 2269.254203] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95aa5380][13:19:17.433416] wlan: [3244:E:REGULATORY] reg_save_reg_rules_to_pdev: 2993: no reg rules in psoc
[ 2269.254494] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95aa645c][13:19:17.433641] wlan: [3244:I:dfs] WLAN_DEBUG_DFS_ALWAYS : wlan_dfs_pdev_obj_create_notification: 356: dfs_offload 0
[ 2269.258301] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95ab860c][13:19:17.437504] wlan: [3244:E:dfs] WLAN_DEBUG_DFS_ALWAYS : dfs_init_radar_filters: 249: Unknown dfs domain 0
[ 2269.258533] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95ab9859][13:19:17.437747] wlan: [3244:I:dfs] WLAN_DEBUG_DFS_ALWAYS : dfs_get_po_radars: 432: UNINIT domain
[ 2269.258778] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95abaab1][13:19:17.437992] wlan: [3244:E:dfs] WLAN_DEBUG_DFS_ALWAYS : dfs_init_radar_filters: 249: Unknown dfs domain 0
[ 2269.260133] null_get_capability: 1518: SPECTRAL : get_capability not registered
[ 2269.260268] target_if_pdev_spectral_init: 1992: HAL_CAP_PHYDIAG : Capable
[ 2269.260393] null_get_capability: 1518: SPECTRAL : get_capability not registered
[ 2269.260522] target_if_pdev_spectral_init: 1996: HAL_CAP_RADAR   : Capable
[ 2269.260643] null_get_capability: 1518: SPECTRAL : get_capability not registered
[ 2269.260774] target_if_pdev_spectral_init: 2001: HAL_CAP_SPECTRAL_SCAN : Capable
[ 2269.260901] null_get_tsf64: 1506: SPECTRAL : get_tsf64 not registered
[ 2269.261067] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95ac564c][13:19:17.440280] wlan: [3244:I:eek:BJMGR] wlan_objmgr_pdev_obj_create: 176: Created pdev 0
[ 2269.261993] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95ac9b76][13:19:17.441202] wlan: [6103:I:WMA] wma_wait_for_ready_event: 6999: FW ready event received
[ 2269.262181] [kworker/u16:4][0x1a95aca1f4][13:19:17.441289] wlan: [3244:E:REGULATORY] reg_run_11d_state_machine: 3071: No valid vdev for 11d scan command
[ 2269.262387] [scheduler_threa][0x1a95acaa15][13:19:17.441397] wlan: [8258:E:HDD] hdd_send_wiphy_regd_sync_event: 1273: no reg rules 0
[ 2269.267547] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95ae3b9d][13:19:17.446751] wlan: [6103:I:HTT] max pool size 64 pool filled 64
[ 2269.275616] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b098de][13:19:17.454821] wlan: [6103:I:HTT] HTT: full reorder offload enabled
[ 2269.282059] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b27bc0][13:19:17.461260] wlan: [6103:I:HDD] hdd_update_hw_sw_info: 2784: Host SW:5.2.03.18B-200303A, FW:3.2.6.1.90.4, HW:WCN3998, Board ver: 1 Ref design id: 0, Customer id: 0, Project id: 0, Board Data Rev: 2
[ 2269.284133] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b31843][13:19:17.463346] wlan: [6103:I:SYS] Creating periodic timer for OLBC UPDATE CACHE TIMEOUT\x0a
[ 2269.284919] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b35337][13:19:17.464132] wlan: [6103:I:tdls] ucfg_tdls_psoc_enable: 252: psoc tdls enable: 0x0000000000000000
[ 2269.292949] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b5ad77][13:19:17.472162] wlan: [6103:E:HDD] wlan_hdd_tsf_init: 1763: set tsf GPIO failed, status: 4
[ 2269.293214] [kworker/u16:9][0x1a95b5c16d][13:19:17.472428] wlan: [6103:I:HDD] hdd_wlan_start_modules: 3262: Wlan transitioned (now ENABLED)
[ 2269.294808] [[email protected]][0x1a95b638db][13:19:17.474021] wlan: [652:I:HDD] hdd_vdev_create: 4584: creating new vdev
[ 2269.295131] [[email protected]][0x1a95b65126][13:19:17.474345] wlan: [652:I:eek:BJMGR] wlan_objmgr_vdev_obj_create: 263: Created vdev 0
[ 2269.296991] [[email protected]][0x1a95b6dbe7][13:19:17.476195] wlan: [652:I:HDD] hdd_vdev_create: 4674: vdev 0 created successfully
[ 2269.306731] [lowi-server][0x1a95b9b6b3][13:19:17.485939] wlan: [937:W:HDD] hdd_check_wext_control: 2893: Using deprecated ioctl 8be5
[ 2269.306953] [lowi-server][0x1a95b9c7db][13:19:17.486167] wlan: [937:E:wifipos] wifi_pos_get_ch_info: 678: num channels: 38
[ 2269.310424] [[email protected]][0x1a95bacbfc][13:19:17.489636] wlan: [652:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_get_dbs_hw_modes: 635: HW is not DBS capable
[ 2269.317076] selinux: avc:  denied  { set } for property=vendor.wlan.firmware.version pid=652 uid=1010 gid=1010 scontext=u:r:hal_wifi_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_default_prop:s0 tclass=property_service permissive=0\x0a
[ 2269.317360] [[email protected]][0x1a95bcc3a6][13:19:17.496351] wlan: [8261:E:wifipos] wifi_pos_process_app_reg_req: 392: Received App Req Req pid(176161420), len(16)
[ 2269.317654] init: Unable to set property 'vendor.wlan.firmware.version' to 'FW:3.2.6.1.90.4 HW:WCN3998' from uid:1010 gid:1010 pid:652: SELinux permission check failed
[ 2269.318391] selinux: avc:  denied  { set } for property=vendor.wlan.driver.version pid=652 uid=1010 gid=1010 scontext=u:r:hal_wifi_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_default_prop:s0 tclass=property_service permissive=0\x0a
[ 2269.318676] [[email protected]][0x1a95bd2497][13:19:17.497644] wlan: [8261:E:WMA] wma_chan_phy_mode : Invalid channel width
[ 2269.318833] [[email protected]][0x1a95bd42ba][13:19:17.498046] wlan: [8261:E:WMA] wma_chan_phy_mode : Invalid channel width
[ 2269.319016] init: Unable to set property 'vendor.wlan.driver.version' to '5.2.03.18B-200303A' from uid:1010 gid:1010 pid:652: SELinux permission check failed
[ 2269.341971] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a95c409a6][13:19:17.521178] wlan: [8257:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_get_dbs_hw_modes: 635: HW is not DBS capable
[ 2269.396985] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a95d42778][13:19:17.576189] wlan: [8257:E:REGULATORY] reg_set_country: 1461: country is not different
[ 2269.412531] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a95d8b5b7][13:19:17.591739] wlan: [8257:W:HDD] hdd_driver_rxfilter_command_handler: 6585: Unsupported RXFILTER type 3
[ 2273.378952] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9a62bed4][13:19:21.558154] wlan: [8257:I:HDD] __wlan_hdd_cfg80211_connect: 20916: wlan0(vdevid-0): Device_mode QDF_STA_MODE(0)
[ 2273.379870] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9a630463][13:19:21.559081] wlan: [8257:E:eek:SIF] hdd_notify_teardown_tdls_links: 111: Unable to get the vdev
[ 2273.381149] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9a63643d][13:19:21.560359] wlan: [8257:E:SER] wlan_serialization_peek_head_pending_cmd_using_psoc: 192: Empty Queue
[ 2273.381889] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9a639bd5][13:19:21.561100] wlan: [8257:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_current_connections_update: 516: driver isn't dbs capable, no further action needed
[ 2273.382679] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9a63d71f][13:19:21.561891] wlan: [8257:E:SME] csr_send_join_req_msg: 16545: vdevid-0: Connecting to ssid:XXXXXXX bssid: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ rssi: -39 channel: 100 country_code: 00
[ 2273.384322] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9a64523f][13:19:21.563532] wlan: [8258:I:WMA] wma_set_channel: 3540: vht_capable: 1, dot11_mode: 7
[ 2273.384602] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9a64673f][13:19:21.563813] wlan: [8258:I:WMI] send_vdev_start_cmd_tlv: vdev_id 0 freq 5500 chanmode 10 ch_info: 0xa is_dfs 1 beacon interval 100 dtim 1 center_chan 5530 center_freq2 0 reg_info_1: 0x110000 reg_info_2: 0x1100, req->max_txpow: 0x11 Tx SS 1, Rx SS 1, ldpc_rx: 0, cac 0, regd 0, HE ops: 0req->dis_hw_ack: 1 
[ 2273.499651] tsens[1:320][2:323][3:320][4:317][7:317][8:314][9:314][10:317][5:317][6:320][11:317][12:314]
[ 2273.605960] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aa5405c][13:19:21.785161] wlan: [8258:E:WMA] wma_objmgr_set_peer_mlme_phymode: 1266: peer object null
[ 2273.612375] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aa721d2][13:19:21.791580] wlan: [8258:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_dump_current_concurrency: 1147: STA Standalone
[ 2273.612684] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aa73934][13:19:21.791892] wlan: [8258:I:HDD] hdd_send_association_event: 1393: wlan0(vdevid-0): XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX connected to ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ
[ 2273.621606] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aa9d591][13:19:21.800804] wlan: [8258:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0269:255 EAPOL: [0] [M1] SA: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ  <--  DA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[ 2273.622423] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aaa1388][13:19:21.801630] wlan: [8258:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_need_opportunistic_upgrade: 196: driver isn't dbs capable, no further action needed
[ 2273.622902] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aaa3787][13:19:21.802110] wlan: [8258:E:SME] sme_free_join_rsp_fils_params: 6963: FILS Roam Param NULL
[ 2273.626107] [soft_irq][0x1a9aab2762][13:19:21.805308] wlan: [0:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0271:255 EAPOL: [0] [M2] SA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  -->  DA: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ
[ 2273.629061] [cds_ol_rx_threa][0x1a9aac051f][13:19:21.808265] wlan: [8259:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0274:255 EAPOL: [0] [M3] SA: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ  <--  DA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[ 2273.630468] [soft_irq][0x1a9aac6ebc][13:19:21.809673] wlan: [0:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0276:255 EAPOL: [0] [M4] SA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  -->  DA: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ
[ 2273.634724] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aadadfe][13:19:21.813929] wlan: [8258:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_store_and_del_conn_info: 665: Mode:0 number of conn 1 temp del
[ 2273.636959] [kworker/u16:5][0x1a9aae55a4][13:19:21.816164] wlan: [799:E:WMA] Rx unprotected unicast mgmt frame
[ 2273.641590] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9aafb14d][13:19:21.820800] wlan: [8258:E:POLICY_MGR] policy_mgr_store_and_del_conn_info: 665: Mode:0 number of conn 1 temp del
[ 2273.642803] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9ab00c6d][13:19:21.822015] wlan: [8258:E:PE] lim_update_fils_rik: 2275: Fils rik len(0) max 64
[ 2273.643408] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9ab039ff][13:19:21.822622] wlan: [8258:I:WMI] LFR3:eek:KC enabled
[ 2273.643615] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9ab0498d][13:19:21.822830] wlan: [8258:I:WMI] LFR3:PMKSA caching enabled
[ 2273.649728] [scheduler_threa][0x1a9ab21371][13:19:21.828935] wlan: [8258:E:QDF] qdf_mc_timer_start: Cannot start timer in state = 21 
[ 2273.695259] [[email protected]][0x1a9abf6a6a][13:19:21.874468] wlan: [652:E:HDD] hdd_enable_ns_offload: 407: Failed to cache ns request; status:4
[ 2273.705006] [soft_irq][0x1a9ac24556][13:19:21.884214] wlan: [0:E:PMO] pmo_core_do_disable_mc_addr_list: 234: mc filter is not applied in fwr
[ 2273.705215] [soft_irq][0x1a9ac25582][13:19:21.884429] wlan: [0:E:HDD] hdd_disable_and_flush_mc_addr_list: 1040: failed to disable mc list; status:4
[ 2273.729136] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9ac95734][13:19:21.908345] wlan: [8257:I:SME] sme_ps_disable_auto_ps_timer: 785: Stop auto_ps_enable_timer Timer for session ID: 0
[ 2273.739299] [soft_irq][0x1a9acc5177][13:19:21.918509] wlan: [0:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0284:255 DHCP: [0] [DISC] SA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  -->  DA: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[ 2273.740282] IRQ6 no longer affine to CPU5
[ 2273.742388] [cds_ol_rx_threa][0x1a9acd38fe][13:19:21.921596] wlan: [8259:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0287:255 DHCP: [0] [OFF] SA: YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY  <--  DA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[ 2273.749048] [soft_irq][0x1a9acf2c79][13:19:21.928256] wlan: [0:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0289:255 DHCP: [0] [REQ] SA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  -->  DA: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[ 2273.753413] [cds_ol_rx_threa][0x1a9ad073dd][13:19:21.932621] wlan: [8259:I:QDF] qdf_dp_display_proto_pkt_always: 1890:  DPT: 0292:255 DHCP: [0] [ACK] SA: YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY  <--  DA: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[ 2273.758658] [wpa_supplicant][0x1a9ad1fd70][13:19:21.937868] wlan: [8257:I:WMA] QPOWER is enabled in power save mode 2

The modulation seems to be limited to MCS 2 (instead of MCS 9):
Code:
87.8 Mbit/s, 80 MHz, VHT-MCS 2, VHT-NSS 1
87.8 Mbit/s, 80 MHz, VHT-MCS 2, VHT-NSS 1
I would say that a few other people have similar issues (according to the thread i have linked above). Maybe this is related to the hardware revision?

ameinild

Apr 29, 2007
Nærum
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't read through all 70 pages.. :cyclops:

I'm about to install LineageOS on my newly purchased S5e soon, and I would like to ask:

The pre-installation instructions say you have to flash the VBMeta image, which is downloaded from the TWRP site.

Is this also necesarry if I want to install the LineageOS recovery instead of TWRP recovery?

At least this was my plan, to use the default LineageOS recovery, unless you guys think I have a really good reason to use TWRP instead?

Thanks in advance. :)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't read through all 70 pages.. :cyclops:

I'm about to install LineageOS on my newly purchased S5e soon, and I would like to ask:

The pre-installation instructions say you have to flash the VBMeta image, which is downloaded from the TWRP site.

Is this also necesarry if I want to install the LineageOS recovery instead of TWRP recovery?

At least this was my plan, to use the default Lineage, unless you guys think I have a really good reason to use TWRP instead?

Thanks in advance. :)
Yes, custom vbmeta is necessary when coming from stock.

DreckSoft

Oct 6, 2012
Unfortunately I have huge issues installing the latest release (20121012). The last update was quite some time ago (20200423).

I first updated the firmware after noticing the Error 7. The tablet won't boot after that. It also won't boot after the update. So I restored the TWRP backup and it came back to life. Now I still could install the most recent version (firmware seems to be unaffected by the restore) but again: Won't boot. So now I'm back to the old version.

Anyone has similar issues?

netjetman

Jul 9, 2007
Unfortunately I have huge issues installing the latest release (20121012). The last update was quite some time ago (20200423).

I first updated the firmware after noticing the Error 7. The tablet won't boot after that. It also won't boot after the update. So I restored the TWRP backup and it came back to life. Now I still could install the most recent version (firmware seems to be unaffected by the restore) but again: Won't boot. So now I'm back to the old version.

Did you read the first page talking about needing to flash the android10 kernel?

tyl

Nov 21, 2005

Yeah.. I have to clean all inc wipe data then install los, gapps, magisk, dmnoverity. Took a few tries. Though, Ive had to do that each update, no dirty updates for me, sigh.....

It's an excellent los version. I love it -so still very much worth the hassle to update.

Does anyone actually manage dirty flashing updates? If so, could you post your method and baseband (And twrp) versions pls?

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
How do you install the official LineageOS recovery with Odin? It's an .img file, and Odin needs a .tar. Can you just make a .tar archive from the .img file?
This file -> (https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/re...lineage-17.1-20201019-recovery-gts4lvwifi.img)

On a linux machine all you have to do is right click on the .img and select compress. In the popup menu scroll down to and select .tar then hit compress. You can now flash it with odin. Oh I don't think its needed but I changed name to recovery.img before compressing. Just tested five minutes ago and it works like it should on gts4lvwifi.

slipie

Jun 23, 2009
Amsterdam
Which value did you set it to make it pass?

The default value set was SM-A300FU but the test still fails?
This is what I have set in MagiskHide Props Config:

Device fingerprint:
samsung/gts4lvwifixx/gts4lvwifi:9/PPR1.180610.011/T720XXS1ASL3:user/release-keys

Force BASIC key:
SM-A300FU

In Magisk Manager I enabled MagiskHide and in the Developers options I disabled debugging.

EchoDevv

Feb 1, 2012
This is what I have set in MagiskHide Props Config:

Device fingerprint:
samsung/gts4lvwifixx/gts4lvwifi:9/PPR1.180610.011/T720XXS1ASL3:user/release-keys

Force BASIC key:
SM-A300FU

In Magisk Manager I enabled MagiskHide and in the Developers options I disabled debugging.

Hah! Weird that you need to select android 9 fingerprint. I had selected android 10 fingerprint with SM-A300FU Basic key and it failed. With Android 9 + SM-A300FU it works.

Thanks

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

angelo_str

Nov 10, 2019
No, also you need TWRP image from this exact link as this file isn't the same as on dl.twrp.me.
twrp-3.4.0-0-gts4lvwifi.img work great! there is only the problem of wifi limited to 87 mbps, thank you very much. I made a small donation for your work, you deserve it

ameinild

Apr 29, 2007
Nærum
I just unlocked the bootloader, flashed vbmeta.tar and tried installing a custom recovery. I successfully flashed the LineageOS recovery, and got into it after flashing.
However, after booting into tablet and powering down, when I powered up again and got into recovery it was the default Samsung recovery.
Is there a special trick to get the custom recovery to be permanent, or is it impossible with stock OS? Maybe it's only possible after I install LineageOS? Thanks.

Last edited:

pt_memememememer

Dec 8, 2017
Hi there, I have been following the guide on the lineage os website, but whenever I try to adb sideload LOS it gives me an error 7 and tells me to upgrade the firmware. I looked around and found the zip to use to upgrade the firmware, I tried to adb sideload it too but it gives back a "invalid zip file format" message, can you please help me? I am going over this for the past 4 hours and as a beginner Im not really familiarized with any of this.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi there, I have been following the guide on the lineage os website, but whenever I try to adb sideload LOS it gives me an error 7 and tells me to upgrade the firmware. I looked around and found the zip to use to upgrade the firmware, I tried to adb sideload it too but it gives back a "invalid zip file format" message, can you please help me? I am going over this for the past 4 hours and as a beginner Im not really familiarized with any of this.
Where did you find the firmware update zip?

pt_memememememer

Dec 8, 2017
You know you can unpack zip archives? Also download mode is completely separate from recovery mode.
Oh, now that I unpack the files I can see how blind I am, by the way, there are two files in the zip file, which one should I use and what kind of reboot do I do to access the download mode? Im having difficulty doing that too.
Once again thank you so much for bearing with me

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Oh, now that I unpack the files I can see how blind I am, by the way, there are two files in the zip file, which one should I use and what kind of reboot do I do to access the download mode? Im having difficulty doing that too.
Once again thank you so much for bearing with me
Both; hold all buttons while usb cable is plugged in.

pascar1973

Nov 7, 2017
Rome
Great job...but low Wifi perf

Hey LuK1337,

thanks for your great job on this ROM, works wonderfully... except the super-slow wifi performances. I use it for downloading photos from my SONY Alpha camera with Sony MobileEdge App, and it takes 2 to 3 minutes per each photos... it's unusuable :( (about 10 seconds over the original ROM).
I just made a donation, could you please look into it? Any chance to have it fixed in a future release?

Thanks a lot!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hey LuK1337,

thanks for your great job on this ROM, works wonderfully... except the super-slow wifi performances. I use it for downloading photos from my SONY Alpha camera with Sony MobileEdge App, and it takes 2 to 3 minutes per each photos... it's unusuable :( (about 10 seconds over the original ROM).
I just made a donation, could you please look into it? Any chance to have it fixed in a future release?

Thanks a lot!
Ah, I missed your XDA post but I replied to your paypal donation through email. Basically wifi performance should be fixed in next build.

carlos_online

Aug 18, 2011
Not just any version of 10 will work. You need to flash the version in post #3 of this thread.
Hey buddy, I am having the same issue here. You recommended to flash the version in post #3.

I flashed it but I still get this message in the TWRP when I try to flash the rom:

This package requires firmware from an Android 10 based stock rom build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!.

Any ideas, please?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hey buddy, I am having the same issue here. You recommended to flash the version in post #3.

I flashed it but I still get this message in the TWRP when I try to flash the rom:

This package requires firmware from an Android 10 based stock rom build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!.

Any ideas, please?
1) How did you flash it?
2) What's the output of adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader?

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675571752.

To verify, is this zip to be extracted and then flashed in the BL Slot in Odin, or used as-is & Odin takes care of things? Thanks

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

EchoDevv

Feb 1, 2012
Do we need to update the firmware files when LOS is already installed? (For improvements or anything)

Last firmware update I did was T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Do we need to update the firmware files when LOS is already installed? (For improvements or anything)

Last firmware update I did was T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00
Need? Did you mean want?
Either way it's totally up to you.

EchoDevv

Feb 1, 2012
Need? Did you mean want?
Either way it's totally up to you.

I guess I will just update when doing LOS/TWRP updates.

Btw, your firmware files on github dont match the ones on androidhost. The ones on github cause Odin to complain about the md5sum

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> BL_T720XXU1CTI1_CL19495925_QB34265703_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

The last few bytes dont match, both files have the same issue at the end of the file, see -> https://i.imgur.com/svO7DoI.png

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
I guess I will just update when doing LOS/TWRP updates.

Btw, your firmware files on github dont match the ones on androidhost. The ones on github cause Odin to complain about the md5sum

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> BL_T720XXU1CTI1_CL19495925_QB34265703_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

The last few bytes dont match, both files have the same issue at the end of the file, see -> https://i.imgur.com/svO7DoI.png
Fixed: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/commit/dc8483496accb523370fbab81cbe26040871fc3b, redownload fw and try again.

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
Hope someone can help me out (preferably luk1337 as he is almighty ;)
I have been on 17.1 since it was unofficial. After official I always used auto-updater feature in lineage and worked perfectly!
Did not upgrade for a while and now auto-update does not work anymore :(
Thought it was because of version of twrp but upgraded to 3.4.0-5 and still can not update. Now installed latest twrp ( from lineage os website, version 1011) and it starts updating but then I get error that I should be on stock?? Why can't I update anymore? I do not want to lose my data/settings but like to be on latest 17.1 ( currently on august build) I even want to try to dirty flash to 18.0 if this fixes my "problem" but not sure if this will work (again, I am trying to avoid wrecking my tablet or losing my settings/data)
What can I do best now? I either want to update to latest 17.1 (10-11) or go straight to 18.0
Is one of these options possible?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hope someone can help me out (preferably luk1337 as he is almighty ;)
I have been on 17.1 since it was unofficial. After official I always used auto-updater feature in lineage and worked perfectly!
Did not upgrade for a while and now auto-update does not work anymore :(
Thought it was because of version of twrp but upgraded to 3.4.0-5 and still can not update. Now installed latest twrp ( from lineage os website, version 1011) and it starts updating but then I get error that I should be on stock?? Why can't I update anymore? I do not want to lose my data/settings but like to be on latest 17.1 ( currently on august build) I even want to try to dirty flash to 18.0 if this fixes my "problem" but not sure if this will work (again, I am trying to avoid wrecking my tablet or losing my settings/data)
What can I do best now? I either want to update to latest 17.1 (10-11) or go straight to 18.0
Is one of these options possible?
Step 1: Read first few posts in the thread
Step 2: Profit?

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
Step 1: Read first few posts in the thread
Step 2: Profit?
Thanks Luk, completely missed that one! So just flash the zip in twrp and then i can update again without losing data/settings? Which twrp should I use?

Edit: this needs to be done via odin apparently?

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Luk, completely missed that one! So just flash the zip in twrp and then i can update again without losing data/settings? Which twrp should I use?
Not sure which zip are you referring to but ok. There are two tar files but these clearly aren't recovery flashable.

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
Yes, thanks, noticed that:good:
Would like to do this today so last questions, would be great if you have the time to answer.
This is not full firmware (hence the file size) so I just flash the bootloader via Odin and keep the rom/settings? Afterwards auto-update works again?
Which twrp version do you recommend?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Yes, thanks, noticed that:good:
Would like to do this today so last questions, would be great if you have the time to answer.
This is not full firmware (hence the file size) so I just flash the bootloader via Odin and keep the rom/settings? Afterwards auto-update works again?
Which twrp version do you recommend?
>This is not full firmware (hence the file size) so I just flash the bootloader via Odin and keep the rom/settings? Afterwards auto-update works again?
Aye.

>Which twrp version do you recommend?
Do you really expect me to recommend anything but latest? What would be the point of me getting these additional builds released if I wanted users to stay X builds behind?

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
>This is not full firmware (hence the file size) so I just flash the bootloader via Odin and keep the rom/settings? Afterwards auto-update works again?
Aye.

>Which twrp version do you recommend?
Do you really expect me to recommend anything but latest? What would be the point of me getting these additional builds released if I wanted users to stay X builds behind?
:laugh::good: Thanks man!

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
Ok, that did not go as you claimed.....that was the reason I asked so specifically.
Flashed AP+BL via latest Odin and gues what? COMPLETELY stuck in a neverending bootloop.
Fortunately I could still enter twrp and after putting the latest nightly on my SD (had to use sd adapter via my laptop....) I was able to flash the zip via twrp and now my tab is working again.
Thought maybe in interesting for other people if they have a similar problem but also to let you (luk 1337) know you are not always right ;)

tony950

Oct 12, 2013
Ok, that did not go as you claimed.....that was the reason I asked so specifically.
Flashed AP+BL via latest Odin and gues what? COMPLETELY stuck in a neverending bootloop.
Fortunately I could still enter twrp and after putting the latest nightly on my SD (had to use sd adapter via my laptop....) I was able to flash the zip via twrp and now my tab is working again.
Thought maybe in interesting for other people if they have a similar problem but also to let you (luk 1337) know you are not always right ;)
if you flash the older AP+BL fix while the tablet is still on stock samsung firmware and before you flash twrp on to the tablet, you would of had 0 problems. remember that for next time

ijimhd

Aug 9, 2019
So you can get widevine L1 on lineage os 17. I just flashed the stock rom and relocked the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

But these changes got backported to 17.1 lol.
If I install lineage os again will I get L1??

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
So you can get widevine L1 on lineage os 17. I just flashed the stock rom and relocked the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

If I install lineage os again will I get L1??

Go ahead and try it out.

ijimhd

Aug 9, 2019
Go ahead and try it out.
Should I install 17.1 or 18??

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Should I install 17.1 or 18??
After I install twrp and try to decrypt it says password failed I don't know what to do

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I flashed lineage os 17.1 and I still have Widevine L1 thanks

ryanvi

Nov 19, 2020
ringtones

first off let me say, these builds are AMAZING work by LuK1337! they have seriously made this tablet my absolute favorite mobile device. period. that being said, i wonder if anyone has been able to get ringtones to work on the current build? when i call my google voice number with google voice installed, the tablet receives the call and behaves normally with the call splash screen interruption, however there is no ringtone, only silence. when i checked the "sounds" in settings, i noticed there is no ringtone option to select. is it possible that because it's a tablet and not a phone, ringtone support is not included in these builds?

bosox284

Mar 16, 2012
Also wanted to pop in and give a big thank you to you LuK1337. I held off on a custom kernel/ROM while my tablet was under warranty, but honestly wish I had unlocked sooner. I felt stock was sluggish at times and even though I've only been using LOS to install apps, I'm pretty happy with responsiveness so far. Seems to be super solid stuff.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Broke my Pixel C Tablet changing the battery I been living with the Pixel C Tab and Nexus 6 phone running LineageOS for years just looking for some feedback on what might be a fun and logical upgrade that should have good LineageOS Rom support going forward.
The Tab S5e seems to be the best descent option anyone have an alternative or better option ?

MNubbi

Nov 17, 2010
Installed latest (lineage-17.1-20201116-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed) build but can't change USB Mode when plugged to computer. Every option is "grayed out". Only way I was able to access files was to set "svc usb setFunctions mtp" via adb. But that's not permanently. Any solutions to fix this behavior?

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
first off let me say, these builds are AMAZING work by LuK1337! they have seriously made this tablet my absolute favorite mobile device. period. that being said, i wonder if anyone has been able to get ringtones to work on the current build? when i call my google voice number with google voice installed, the tablet receives the call and behaves normally with the call splash screen interruption, however there is no ringtone, only silence. when i checked the "sounds" in settings, i noticed there is no ringtone option to select. is it possible that because it's a tablet and not a phone, ringtone support is not included in these builds?

I have ringtones working with Text Free wifi calling. It wakes the tablet like it should for calls and get notifications for text. The ringtone and text tones are in the app though and not the tablet settings. Don't know if my case is covering mic or what but have to use ear buds with inline mic to talk.

Check in settings>sound>shortcut to prevent ringing and make sure it's not ticked.

Last edited:

Benjam_

Nov 23, 2020
Fresh install issues, freezing, sound

Hello Hello!
I've installed the latest nightly previous on a new updated s5e wifi and I'm running into issues.
I'm experiencing freezes on several pages in settings, plus the volume rocker doesn't work and I'm sometimes unable to get past the device lock screen.
The initial setup app hung at the lineageos-speicific page after tapping next as well, if that's helpful to know.

Thank you for your time!

Pahoehoe

Feb 25, 2012
Hi LuK1337,

are there any known bugs with searching 2,4 Ghz Wifi?

I recognized the behaviour that my tablet cant find my 2,4 Ghz. Also manually addition of the SSID is not working.

Could a wrong firmware be the reason for this. Do you have any advise? Do you have the same issue?

OT: Like your work, donation is coming. Thank you.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi LuK1337,

I recognized the behaviour that my tablet cant find my 2,4 Ghz. Also manually addition of the SSID is not working.

Could a wrong firmware be the reason for this. Do you have any advise? Do you have the same issue?

OT: Like your work, donation is coming. Thank you.

>I recognized the behaviour that my tablet cant find my 2,4 Ghz. Also manually addition of the SSID is not working.
Move your AP below channel 13? or maybe it was 12? I don't remember...
Tho I forced wificountrycode=00 which should be "world" and therefore it should scan on all frequencies.

spljaa

Sep 10, 2013
Hi LuK1337,
A bit side question, do you have other device using that 2.4 Ghz network? Reason for question - my router tends to loss 2.4 Ghz if I use some usb3.0 disk too close to it.
Some odd physic I have not explored. But before pointing to tablet fault, please check if at the same time as S5e struggles with 2.4Ghz you can connect to that SSID with other device....

Regards
Jan

Pahoehoe

Feb 25, 2012
Move your AP below channel 13? or maybe it was 12? I don't remember...

Tho I forced wificountrycode=00 which should be "world" and therefore it should scan on all frequencies.
That was the solution! Many thanks [emoji106]

Wifi 2,4 Ghz worked with channel 13. I configured my router new to work without 12/13 channel. All is fine now.

Have a nice weekend!

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

A bit side question, do you have other device using that 2.4 Ghz network? Reason for question - my router tends to loss 2.4 Ghz if I use some usb3.0 disk too close to it.

Some odd physic I have not explored. But before pointing to tablet fault, please check if at the same time as S5e struggles with 2.4Ghz you can connect to that SSID with other device....

Regards

Jan
Hi Jan,
thanks for your answer. My devices at home use only the 2.4 Ghz network. No issues so far.

My "problem" was gone after reconfigure the Wifi channels (exlude 12/13 channel).

Quite interesting what can disturb the network...

You also have a nice weekend

KR

Mmime

Nov 29, 2020
Can't login Amazon apps

Hi there, am I the only one who cannot login in any Amazon services using this ROM (and OpenGApps pico)? Amazon shopping, prime video, prime music, all of them fail at log in. Amazon music is asking me to install a newer version of chrome.

I'm already using the latest release of this ROM and tried to install (and explicitly swap) Webview to google's version. To no avail. All 3 apps crash in their own way... Sometimes I can see the login form being displayed for a 10th of a second before I get non-specific error messages (shopping: "sorry there is a problem with this page right now", music: "your version of chrome is out of date", video: "there was a problem").

Just tried with Amazon Drive, same thing...

Last edited:

Mmime

Nov 29, 2020
Hurray! Did the update that came out today and the problem is solved! :)

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Hurray! Did the update that came out today and the problem is solved! :)
Spoke too soon. The problem is back. I'm 100% sure it's related to Magisk. 90% sure it's related to Magisk props config: the model used to force basic key attestation is not the s5e and I suppose the mismatch is leveraged in one way or the other by Amazon.

Anyways, I suppose it's not lineage related...

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
-- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
- Connect to WiFi network
- Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
- Turn off the tablet
- Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
- Follow instructions on the screen
2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
8. Format data
9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU1CTK1.

Last edited: