[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I did use CTK1 and I'm getting this issue. What other version should I use?
My goof. I have both a T720 and a T510 and my 81 yr old brain sometimes gets confused as to which one I'm dealing with. BTK1 is the latest one for the T510. Sorry for the confusion.:oops:

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
I went and relocked bootloader, installed latest firmware pulled by Frija. Went through the unlocking process, flashing vbmeta, twrp and still can't boot up 17.1. 18.1 is fine and I don't mind keeping it but there are apps with data I didn't back up recently that I want from my 17.1 backup... what firmware do I need to use to get the partition back for 17.1 to work?

I'm about to just return everything stock and trade in for a S7... lol

LazyT

Jul 12, 2011
For me wireless display doesn't work since weeks. TV shows connection attempt but timed out.

Phone works on same TV, so I guess it's the tab.

Does this work for anyone?

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Why does SELinux get disabled when flashing a patched Magisk recovery?

Doing a bit more testing and the terminal actually shows SELinux in permissive state, but this can be set to enforcing again. Either way, when in permissive, it still trips Lineage Trust to show SELinux as disabled, weird.

edit: nope, when I enable Magisk for the first time using the recovery key combo it seems to permanently break SELinux into disabled/permissive state - I have to do a factory reset and never install Magisk to fix it. Has anyone got any ideas?

fixed: in case anyone reads the OP and thinks you need to patch the recovery to use Magisk - you don't, just flash it straight from stock TWRP and SELinux works correctly. When booted into the ROM, open Magisk Manager, allow it to install the full version, ignore the "additional setup" stuff, reboot and you will have Magisk + SELinux enforcing.

This applies if coming from the Stock Samsung ROM.

Also, the T720XXU1CTK1 firmware is buggy, volume buttons don't work and rotation sensor fails. Stick to T720XXU1CTI1 until the new firmware is patched into the ROM - this was with a clean install.

Last edited:

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
@Demodroid
There is something really wrong with the latest Magisk. It made my tablet get into a bootloop. Luckily I could extract my data using ADB, gonna do a fresh install now...

Not sure, I am running 21.4 on a clean install of Lineage with the CTI1 firmware, no issues so far apart from all the confusion I had with Magisk installation earlier. TWRP backup and restore should work on the tablet I would have thought?

EchoDevv

Feb 1, 2012
Did a quick reinstall and Magisk 21.4 works fine now. I didn't have many apps on my tablet so didn't bother with backups. When 18.1 comes out I will start fresh again I guess

megamaced

Dec 29, 2013
Also, the T720XXU1CTK1 firmware is buggy, volume buttons don't work and rotation sensor fails. Stick to T720XXU1CTI1 until the new firmware is patched into the ROM - this was with a clean install.

For me volume up works, volume down does nothing. Rotation does work. If I just hold tight and keep updating my nightlies, will things eventually get fixed or will I have to downgrade the firmware?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
For me volume up works, volume down does nothing. Rotation does work. If I just hold tight and keep updating my nightlies, will things eventually get fixed or will I have to downgrade the firmware?
[×] doubt, everything works fine on T720 board 05. If you want I can upload you boot.img with kernel src from 18.1, join IRC channel in my sig if you're interested.

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
[×] doubt, everything works fine on T720 board 05. If you want I can upload you boot.img with kernel src from 18.1, join IRC channel in my sig if you're interested.

I did a clean flash from original stock Odin ROM, and even built LOS myself to check it wasn't an issue with the official build. I assume the firmware can be downgraded without having to format data again? Working with no issues on CTI1 firmware on a build with CTK1 commits.

Would be happy to test as long as I don't have to format data again.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I did a clean flash from original stock Odin ROM, and even built LOS myself to check it wasn't an issue with the official build. I assume the firmware can be downgraded without having to format data again? Working with no issues on CTI1 firmware on a build with CTK1 commits.

Would be happy to test as long as I don't have to format data again.
>Would be happy to test as long as I don't have to format data again.
You won't have to format data to test that.

Reactions: Demodroid

megamaced

Dec 29, 2013
it doesn't bother me enough atm. i can press volume up and from there use the onscreen slider to volume down :D I can wait until 18.1 official release

I'd be more curious if anyone got Dolby Atmos or VIPER FX to work properly on this tablet with LOS?

Cheers

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
it doesn't bother me enough atm. i can press volume up and from there use the onscreen slider to volume down :D I can wait until 18.1 official release

I'd be more curious if anyone got Dolby Atmos or VIPER FX to work properly on this tablet with LOS?

Cheers
>I can wait until 18.1 official release
or you could try being slightly helpful and test my changes so that it's at least known fact that 18.1 had it working to begin with...

FYI i'm still waiting for someone to test these changes, I have no way of doing that myself. Send me a msg on IRC / Discord if you have this issue and can test patched kernel/dtbo.

Almightyxbox

Sep 2, 2019
btw here are some screen shots (tested on wifi only model)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210214-191109.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191109.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210214-191116.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191116.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210214-191128_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191128_Trebuchet.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210214-191136_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191136_Trebuchet.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210214-191142_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191142_Trebuchet.png
    3 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210214-191156_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191156_Settings.png
    192 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20210214-191205_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191205_Settings.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210214-191147_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191147_Trebuchet.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210214-191211_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191211_Settings.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210214-191233_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191233_Trebuchet.png
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210214-191217_Android_System.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191217_Android_System.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210214-191222_Android_System.png
    Screenshot_20210214-191222_Android_System.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 39

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010

Cheers

Could install Viper, but - same as AudioFx it doesn't seem to have any effect to speaker (tested at LTE LOS 17.1 version).

martimor

Dec 19, 2015
Does installing LineageOS affect the widevine level - is it possible to still watch Netflix in FHD? If it looses widevine: is it possible to get back to samsung rom and get widevine level 1 back or are the keys deleted forever?
Are there any other disadvantages. e.g. is HDMI over USB-C still working?

LOS would be great compared to the bloated Samsung rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well… It was working. After a few reboots and installing among other things Magisk, afwall and EdXposed, I'm again with no sound and no screen rotation… full logcat from boot until unlock here https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Cmmbf7kxqp/
    looks like /system/bin/audioserver crashes this may explains the sound problem but not the rotation one.

Any one knows how to solve those issues?
    Uninstall EdXposed has to be the very first thing any sane person would do. It is known to be the source of endless headaches and badness.

LineageOS does not just do random things and stop working without any reason. You need to reverse whatever you did that made things not work, and then figure out how to live without them.

I would estimate that around 75% of all complaints about "this ROM has stopped working" are self-inflicted wounds. And it is quite frankly just pollution in the forums.
    On my end flashing CTK1 did end up with :
    - no sound (volume rocker was fine though)
    - no rotation
    - no video decoding
    - long boot time
    was still on 17.1.
    Flashed 18.1, behavior did not change.
    Flashed CTI1, problems aforementioned disappeared. (while keeping 18.1, no userdata format)
    Was previously on what seems to be a mix of ATE3 and BTG3.
    Now I guess I'm ATE3/CTI1.
    Might be because of me flashing manually with TWRP (BTG3 and later) so not everything may be writable.
    You can't flash firmware with twrp.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-24
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXS2CUA3.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    Hi, 20190928+ OpenGapps builds should work just fine without doing anything special. B-but there's a catch, you'll need to update to TWRP 3.3.1-4 or newer ^.^
    Have fun~!

---

Also OpenGapps apparently moved their builds there ~ https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta
    Do you think there is chance lineage based on android 11 will support this tab?
    No comment.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone