[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

rothan

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks so much for your continued work on the S5e @LuK1337! However, even on the 01232020 build, I am having trouble with Chrome crashing when the keyboard opens. I have captured a bug report, and am DMing you the link in case you can do anything. I'm happy to help recreate the error, too, if that'd be useful.

Got the same crash (same lineage build with the opengapps from 24. Jan) when opening the keyboard (using SwiftKey on my device) in chrome. i've attached the logcat from the crash. hopefully you can sort this issue out.

Thanks for this great rom and all your effort.

Attachments

• log.txt
    84.2 KB · Views: 7

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Got the same crash (same lineage build with the opengapps from 24. Jan) when opening the keyboard (using SwiftKey on my device) in chrome. i've attached the logcat from the crash. hopefully you can sort this issue out.

Thanks for this great rom and all your effort.
Really? Did you not see the post right above yours?

BTW your log would have been useless for me as you either removed too many lines before crash or used some kind of filter on it.

That was the actual source of crash (which was gone in your log):
01-25 13:29:56.680 1505 1505 W PhoneInterfaceManager: Timeout Waiting for CellInfo!
01-25 13:29:56.682 23532 23570 W System.err: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Throwable android.os.ParcelableException.getCause()' on a null object reference
01-25 13:29:56.684 23532 23570 W System.err: at android.telephony.TelephonyManager$1.lambda$onError$2(TelephonyManager.java:5352)
01-25 13:29:56.684 23532 23570 W System.err: at android.telephony.-$$Lambda$TelephonyManager$1$DUDjwoHWG36BPTvbfvZqnIO3Y88.run(Unknown Source:6)

Last edited:
Reactions: btonetbone

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
Happy to report that WP3-SAE works! THX A BUNCH @LuK1337

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Happy to report WPA3-SAE works, typing on my S5e now connected to SAE-only network.

THX!!!!!!!!!!!! @LuK1337

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

seriously my tablet purchase decision is based on what @LuK1337 is working on at the moment

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
I have a minor flaw in 17.1 and I wonder if anyone else notice this as well. When I boot the appnames underneath the pictograms in the apps of my homescreen are there but after using it for a while and tablet was in standby mode when I unlock I only see the app-pictograms and not the appnames underneath them. As I stated not a big deal but would like to know if this is in 17.1 version or just in my tablet.
Edit: happens only in landscape, when I turn the tab so it goes to potrait mode the app names appear again.

Edit 2: Apparently this setting is named "show icon labels". (In homescreen settings)This does not work in landscape mode and only in potrait. No big deal just something my eye caught. Very satisfied with the overall performance.

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
Had a bit of a struggle to update from the 11th build to 23rd or 25th, both ended in a cluster fok up that any mail client was force closing and if not it didn't receive any mailon whatever version of gapps (open/flame).
Only solution seemed as expected, clean install with latest opengapps nano..
Runs like a beauty!

Sent from my gts4lvwifi using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

knox is tripped any way to get it to 0x0?
You don't!!!
Tripped is tripped!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Had a bit of a struggle to update from the 11th build to 23rd or 25th, both ended in a cluster fok up that any mail client was force closing and if not it didn't receive any mailon whatever version of gapps (open/flame).
Only solution seemed as expected, clean install with latest opengapps nano..
Runs like a beauty!

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

You don't!!!
Tripped is tripped!
Uh well, did you see the post telling you to reinstall gapps after moving to that one?

BAM1976

Jul 12, 2017
Amsterdam
Question for LuK; what is the difference between version 2301 and 2501? Is there a changelogs perhaps? (Just wondering if I need to update)

dylanmurzello

Apr 8, 2017
@LuK1337 in the next build can you please add System v ipc in kernel, it's under general settings
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

[/COLOR @LuK1337 in the next build can you please add System v ipc in kernel, it's under general settings
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-24
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXS2CUA3.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    Hi, 20190928+ OpenGapps builds should work just fine without doing anything special. B-but there's a catch, you'll need to update to TWRP 3.3.1-4 or newer ^.^
    Have fun~!

---

Also OpenGapps apparently moved their builds there ~ https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta
    Did you perform a full wipe before flashing?
    Also how did you 'kill' the setup wizard?

I started with my device running LOS16 already. If you're coming from stock, you should stick to the instructions for the LOS16 installation in the other thread - just use instead of LOS16 image the LOS17 image.

If you have already LOS16 on the device:
    -> Boot to Recovery
    -> install LOS 17 image
    -> if desired stable Magisk for rooting
    -> if desired these openGAPPS (was told to use them - they worked fine)
    -> FORMAT data (wipe doesn't do the trick, as it doesn't do it when installing LOS 16)

After facing the problem with the setup wizzard I was told to simply delete it.
    Boot to Recovery, mount system partition and open the terminal.

The command is:
    rm -rf /system/priv-app/SetupWizard

After that, the wizard is gone and you can boot to system. You'll have to manually go through the settings to set up everything though.