[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

rodentkj

What exactly do you mean by Soft Reset?
The 'stop && start' command essentially restarts the Android system without rebooting the device.

I use an app named Simple Reboot (root required). The widget allows for several different reboot options.
One of which is "Soft Restart".

With all that said. I made this comment without having a S5e as for I was doing research on installing Lineage on the S5e I received today.

After installing on my new S5e, I also experienced the no GPS lock as others have mentioned. And I invoked a "Soft Restart" via the Simple Reboot app. Of which fixed the GPS issue.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Yes, between my last post and seeing your reply I found "open_gapps-FIXED-arm64-10.0-nano-20200131" which seems to work (at least LineageOS is booting now, not tried the appstore yet).

Alright good.
After flashing this build, with the GApps I mentioned, all is working okay for me. (I say this because I was responding earlier prior to having an S5e).

Last edited:

Emre-24

May 24, 2020
Overall a like LineageOS 17.1 on the S5e. Very snappy and no bloatware like on the Samsung original ROM. Unfortunately I lost the L1 Widevine Certification with the flashing.
No more Amazon Prime Video or Netflix in HD.
After flashing LineageOS I installed directly the OpenGApps Zip and afterwards Magisk. To install Netflix from Playstore it is also required to Download the Props Config Module in Magisk. It will pass the CTS Test then.

Other positive effect. On original Samsung ROM PUBG Mobile (Version 0.18) was very laggy. If the enemy was in front of you the Tablet started to stutter (Playing of lowest graphical settings with highest FPS setting).

(17.1 lineage-17.1-20200423-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip)

Reactions: coolbeans2016

zemrwhite

Oct 8, 2008
It depends on how strong the pc is but 19 hours is a lot of time it should only take mins or very few hours on a high end pc with good cpu, 32gb of ram and ssd will make things even faster.

That's what I thought too. I have a i7-6700K, 32GB RAM, with SSD for host system, and another one for data (virtual disks). Machine is a little old but usually decent.

I tried to start from scratch with VirtualBox, which I usually avoid because USB passthrough stability is quite bad in my experience (and still is). I used similar settings as the VMWare VM, i.e. dedicated 4 CPU cores and 16 GB RAM.

Full build took less than 2 hours and a half.

Satoso

Sep 3, 2019
Does anyone have installation instructions without the Odin requirement? I've installed LOS on a friend's S9 with only the Linux terminal, so it should be possible I guess.

oesse79

May 19, 2020
Yeah it is possible but only if you reverse engineer Odin and fix Heimdall ^^

Yes, for what it's worth I first tried to flash my tablet with Heimdall (locally compiled) before swtiching to Oding, but it failed with a timeout error for me:

Code:
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst sending bulk transfer. Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst sending bulk transfer. Retrying...

Reactions: Satoso

Satoso

Sep 3, 2019
Yeah it is possible but only if you reverse engineer Odin and fix Heimdall ^^

Damn, guess I'll have to get a Win10 laptop before I get the device.

And many thanks for all the work on LOS buddy. My friends and I use quite a few devices that you're the maintainer on.

Yes, for what it's worth I first tried to flash my tablet with Heimdall (locally compiled) before swtiching to Oding, but it failed with a timeout error for me:

Thanks for posting about it here. I'll just skip ahead and get ODIN.

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
That's what I thought too. I have a i7-6700K, 32GB RAM, with SSD for host system, and another one for data (virtual disks). Machine is a little old but usually decent.

I tried to start from scratch with VirtualBox, which I usually avoid because USB passthrough stability is quite bad in my experience (and still is). I used similar settings as the VMWare VM, i.e. dedicated 4 CPU cores and 16 GB RAM.

Full build took less than 2 hours and a half.
Yea those numbers seems acceptable also make sure to enable ccache (if you got enough free space) to save time on future builds.

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Thanks for the image, I had it on the tablet within 2h after arrival. I saw that the builds are from april, do you know of issues with the Lineage build server?

netjetman

Jul 9, 2007
Lineage

For the last 2 posts, please review prior posts in this forum. The Lineage updates pause has been well discussed.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Why no new updates for so long?

Thanks for the image, I had it on the tablet within 2h after arrival. I saw that the builds are from april, do you know of issues with the Lineage build server?

See my post here in the 6T section. There was also an issue where builds were being made that didn't have any changes. It would appear that they are getting closer to being back up and running as experimental builds were built successfully last night (for most devices). The TabS5e included. I haven't tried this one yet, but the 6T one works fine.

Benjamin50

Jul 13, 2015
Hello, I have correctly followed the Lineageos installation tutorial for the Galaxy Tab s5e.

I have a boot loop problem, the tablet always restarts on the TWRP.

Rom installation test via ADB Sideload and on TWRP. Installation of the rom with the latest nightly; lineage-17.1-20200423-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip

Thx Guys

macromicr0

May 22, 2020
LineageOS 17.1 with MicroG?

I do not see that anyone in this thread has mentioned this ROM without Gapps, is this device compatible with MicroG?
I am considering buying this tablet but I do not want google services.. would that be possible with his device?
Has anyone tried & succeeded?
Thanks!

zemrwhite

Oct 8, 2008
Following my adventures in building LOS for my device, I noticed I still had segmentation faults during kernel build. I tracked them to the linker. I tried once again to restart from scratch, clean, check the git repos, etc. no luck, segfaults were still present.
What's weird is that I did not notice those at first, since build tells it succeeds, and images produced are running OK.

And now, official builds have restarted. I had a look at the logs... and in the one you'll find there https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android/builds/23833#4b5d7d5d-e177-4f46-832b-74878abff83f you will see there are also some segfaults. Actually in the same places as the ones I have on my machine.

So it seems "normal", but...

Reactions: VanoSM

DaMadOne

May 30, 2010
Hello, I have correctly followed the Lineageos installation tutorial for the Galaxy Tab s5e.

I have a boot loop problem, the tablet always restarts on the TWRP.

Rom installation test via ADB Sideload and on TWRP. Installation of the rom with the latest nightly; lineage-17.1-20200423-nightly-gts4lvwifi-signed.zip

Thx Guys

Exact same thing. Just took my s5e out of the box a couple of hours ago. I've got to the point I have TWRP on it. I've wiped all the important bits. I've flashed the latest build with the latest pico gaaps and latest magisk. It didn't boot... eventually rebooted and landed me back at TWRP. Cool, cool... lets wipe everything and just do lineage+opengapps... nope.... reboot to recovery and wipe it all and just do lineage. reboots to recovery.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Exact same thing. Just took my s5e out of the box a couple of hours ago. I've got to the point I have TWRP on it. I've wiped all the important bits. I've flashed the latest build with the latest pico gaaps and latest magisk. It didn't boot... eventually rebooted and landed me back at TWRP. Cool, cool... lets wipe everything and just do lineage+opengapps... nope.... reboot to recovery and wipe it all and just do lineage. reboots to recovery.

What are you wiping? Deviating from these instructions will make it not work. (such as wiping something that is not listed, like system, vendor, etc)

If you wiped system, go back to stock and start over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-24
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXS2CUA3.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    Hi, 20190928+ OpenGapps builds should work just fine without doing anything special. B-but there's a catch, you'll need to update to TWRP 3.3.1-4 or newer ^.^
    Have fun~!

---

Also OpenGapps apparently moved their builds there ~ https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta
    Did you perform a full wipe before flashing?
    Also how did you 'kill' the setup wizard?

I started with my device running LOS16 already. If you're coming from stock, you should stick to the instructions for the LOS16 installation in the other thread - just use instead of LOS16 image the LOS17 image.

If you have already LOS16 on the device:
    -> Boot to Recovery
    -> install LOS 17 image
    -> if desired stable Magisk for rooting
    -> if desired these openGAPPS (was told to use them - they worked fine)
    -> FORMAT data (wipe doesn't do the trick, as it doesn't do it when installing LOS 16)

After facing the problem with the setup wizzard I was told to simply delete it.
    Boot to Recovery, mount system partition and open the terminal.

The command is:
    rm -rf /system/priv-app/SetupWizard

After that, the wizard is gone and you can boot to system. You'll have to manually go through the settings to set up everything though.