• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
-- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
- Connect to WiFi network
- Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
- Turn off the tablet
- Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
- Follow instructions on the screen
2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
8. Format data
9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Builds 20210531+ depend on Android 11 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 or 10 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU2DUD7.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.

Last edited:

4929york

Oct 30, 2013
Builds 20200824+ depend on Android 10 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package:
- https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682890115
AP -> AP_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar.md5
BL -> BL_T720XXU1BTF7_CL18864194_QB32199498_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

I have a new tablet running Android 10. I want to double check what I need to do. First I need to enable Dev mode and OEM and then unlock the bootloader, boot and enable wifi but don't create a google or samsung account or install any apps. Just enable Dev mode again. Then boot to download mode and flash vbmeta from AP. Boot to system and if it request a factory reset, do that. Again wifi and dev mode and back to download to flash TWRP. Now I can flash the LOS 18 build.
Question. Does the build include gapps? I don't see a gapps for LOS 18.

Last edited:

igna.98

Apr 20, 2013
San Luis
www.facebook.com
First of all, I want to thank you for your great work. Second, I want to ask how to root, because flashing latest Magisk canary leads to download mode and ROM doesn't boot with it

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

I have a new tablet running Android 10. I want to double check what I need to do. First I need to enable Dev mode and OEM and then unlock the bootloader, boot and enable wifi but don't create a google or samsung account or install any apps. Just enable Dev mode again. Then boot to download mode and flash vbmeta from AP. Boot to system and if it request a factory reset, do that. Again wifi and dev mode and back to download to flash TWRP. Now I can flash the LOS 18 build.
Question. Does the build include gapps? I don't see a gapps for LOS 18.

Which gapps you use?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/26-Sep-2020/
I flashed full package and it worked for me. However, before flashing it I edited nikgapps.config inside of the file to change SetupWizard from 1 to 0 to disable it because they say it's buggy.

4929york

Oct 30, 2013
First of all, I want to thank you for your great work. Second, I want to ask how to root, because flashing latest Magisk canary leads to download mode and ROM doesn't boot with it

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/26-Sep-2020/
I flashed full package and it worked for me. However, before flashing it I edited nikgapps.config inside of the file to change SetupWizard from 1 to 0 to disable it because they say it's buggy.
Got it working. Without setup, I'm having to install my apps one by one but no big deal. Starting from BTFN didn't help. I still had to flash the AP and BL files from post #3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before I install the rom, I do a wipe (data and cache)
    Repeat what he did until 1:10 of video.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Builds 20210531+ depend on Android 11 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 or 10 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU2DUD7.

-- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    I downloaded the bleeding-edge canary, not sure if that's necessary.

Its not necessary anymore. 21.2 works fine with Android 11, at least on all the devices I've tried so far. This one included. No need to run the canary builds.

Regular Magisk Releases Here. (GitHub Link)
    I just flashed it. It boots for now. I just wonder if there is a way to not have this screen when I start my tab ?
    Yeah...flash Samsung's original software.