• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
Well, after MANY tries, I was able to install LineageOS+TWRP. But I'm at a loss as how to root it (essential to me). I tried:

- Flashing Magisk in TWRP but I get bootloop.
- Installing Magisk Manager (it asks me to update it to 23.0, no other options available). And then asks me for a file to patch. ???

UPDATE: I extracted boot.img from the lineageOS zip file and flashed it with TWRP. So I now have LineageOS + TWRP + Magisk root.

BAD NEWS: Safetynet doesn't pass (CTS) even with Magiskhideprops. Any ideas?

UPDATE2: Finally managed to pass Safetynet with https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v2.1.0/safetynet-fix-v2.1.0.zip , in case it is useful to anyone.

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry for delay...

From memory.... I believe I did:

Stock Rom
Unlock booloader
Do fac reset dance
Used Odin method for VBmeta and TWRP
Rebooted to TWRP so it patched Recovery
reboot to stock

From Stock ROM
Use downloads directory for all files repository
Download VBmeta
Download TWRP
Download lineageos 18.1
Download Magisk
Download gapps

Once all the files were in downloads directory, reboot to TWRP

Flashed LineageOS
Flashed gapps
wipe cache and reboot
Setup LineageOS
Restore Google backup, apps incl Nova Launcher
Restore Nova backup
Reboot to TWRP
Flash Magisk + Magisk apk
Reboot to LineageOS
Confirm Magisk installed and root success from Magisk apk/app
(This worked for me, I honestly don't remember if I had to reinstall Magisk from the app or not from inside LineageOS operating Rom).
Add Magisk modules hideprops, busybox, universal system fix, etc
Reboot
confirm everything working, incl root and pass

I update weekly thru LineageOS update, and it patches thru my TWRP recovery without issue, including Magisk and modules.... But I still keep copies of these files in my downloads directory as a backup.

-

Reactions: iruiz2

ipilcher

Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
I finally pulled the trigger on one of these (SM-T720NZSLXAR). I've reviewed the LOS installation guide and this thread, and the installation process looks pretty convoluted (compared to other devices), but doable.

Are there any gotchas? In particular, do I need to worry about the OEM firmware version on the device (make sure it's updated to the latest, prevent it from updating, etc.)?

I'm also interested in whether anyone has ever tried using Heimdall to install LOS on one of these. I can use my kids' Windows machine if absolutely required, but I'd much prefer to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

thetangstr

Mar 2, 2017
I follow the instructions in pre-install but is stuck in downloading....(no progress bar).

thoughts?

nvm, i figured it out using odin

Last edited:

sakui23

Dec 5, 2014
Is there joypad support? I have the Ipega PG9023S and I use lineageOS 18.1 and I can’t get the controller to work. I use the system updater. Do I need to set something first?

Last edited:

dreas74

Dec 24, 2010
Thanks für the release and support. i have a new s5e and LOS successful installed.
also it is possible to deactivate the force encryption with this patch: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261749617

after pick up the correct fingerprint with magiskhidepropsconfig safetynet can pass.

nice tablet. thanks to all user for the hints in this thread.

austinalex23

Oct 3, 2018
I bought a USB-C -> Ethernet adapter to use with my tablet. It doesn't work plug and play (works with my OP7 Pro running Lineage) and I haven't had any luck trying to get it working myself. I downloaded an app called USB OTG checker and it says it's all compatible and the adapter is seen by the app (identical results on my OP7 Pro). The app gives a suggestion to solve the issue by "adding the XML file android.hardware.usb.host.hml in the folder /system/etc/permissions" but I haven't had any luck with that. The device is rooted but I haven't been able to mount the system in a writable state and get the XML file transferred in. Using ADB I've gotten the impression that I've put the system in a writeable position and pushed the XML file to the proper directory, but when I boot it again the file isn't there and nothing has changed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sakui23

Dec 5, 2014
I'm using a Dualshock 4 and it works for me.
The directional pads will not respond at all. The buttons and triggers do. I had create this file and the controller doesn't work fully.

Filename: /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1949_Product_0402.kl
I get nothing

But I used gamepad tester on a non rooted phone, I get this:

Device name: PG-9023S
# Device id : Vendor_1949_Product_0402

# key <scancode> <action_button>
key 304 BUTTON_A
key 305 BUTTON_B
key 307 BUTTON_X
key 308 BUTTON_Y
key 310 BUTTON_L1
key 312 BUTTON_L2
key 311 BUTTON_R1
key 313 BUTTON_R2
key 314 BUTTON_SELECT
key 315 BUTTON_START
key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL
key 318 BUTTON_THUMBR

# axis <scancode> <axis_name>
axis 0x00 X
axis 0x01 Y
axis 0x0b Z
axis 0x0f HAT_X
axis 0x10 HAT_Y
axis 0x0e RZ
axis 0x17 BRAKE
axis 0x16 GAS

# keyboard
# key <scancode> <action_button>
key 114 ''
key 165 ''
key 164 ''
key 163 ''
key 115 ''

The axises don't register with lineageos 18.1 in gamepad tester.

Last edited:

HolGer749

Oct 19, 2016
Hi there, coming from LOS 16.0, I wanted to update the tablet and forgot to move the latest LOS 18.1 nightly to internal storage before. Because a problem arose that I hadn't expected: Updating the firmware caused the tablet to not boot beyond the clock screen. I currently have...
  • the latest firmware running
  • the latest TWRP running
  • no OS installed

TWRP no longer lets me install the LOS 16.0 zip that is still on the internal storage -> shows error message.

Any idea? Is there any way to install the LOS 18.1 zip using Odin?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hi there, coming from LOS 16.0, I wanted to update the tablet and forgot to move the latest LOS 18.1 nightly to internal storage before. Because a problem arose that I hadn't expected: Updating the firmware caused the tablet to not boot beyond the clock screen. I currently have...
  • the latest firmware running
  • the latest TWRP running
  • no OS installed

TWRP no longer lets me install the LOS 16.0 zip that is still on the internal storage -> shows error message.

Any idea? Is there any way to install the LOS 18.1 zip using Odin?
Why won't you just install 18.1 in TWRP then?

HolGer749

Oct 19, 2016
Why won't you just install 18.1 in TWRP then?
Because the 18.1 file is not yet on the internal storage. At the same time, no operating system is currently installed. So I either have to find a way to move the 18.1 file to the internal storage (or getting it installed via Odin) or I need an older firmware that was used at times of 16.0 to undo the process. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Because the 18.1 file is not yet on the internal storage. At the same time, no operating system is currently installed. So I either have to find a way to move the 18.1 file to the internal storage (or getting it installed via Odin) or I need an older firmware that was used at times of 16.0 to undo the process. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Use adb sideload.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No thanks, I'll pass on that question.
    Okay, I was thinking to buy this device, if not, I'll have to take something else.
    LOL clearly @LuK1337 is trolling you. That being said, I believe most LOS devs are volunteers. So feel free to go take something else. You'll certainly not be missed here LOL.

Such entitlement, I don't understand. Hahaha.
    Is it possible to install these via adb?

I am on linux and I don't know how to install this not using odin.
    Yes, you can install it via dd it if you reverse engineer how stock rom recovery disables write protection on critical partitions.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Builds 20210531+ depend on Android 11 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 or 10 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU2DUD7.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    I downloaded the bleeding-edge canary, not sure if that's necessary.

Its not necessary anymore. 21.2 works fine with Android 11, at least on all the devices I've tried so far. This one included. No need to run the canary builds.

Regular Magisk Releases Here. (GitHub Link)
    I just flashed it. It boots for now. I just wonder if there is a way to not have this screen when I start my tab ?
    Yeah...flash Samsung's original software.