[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Viper780

Odin is the tool designed to flash files to Samsung tablets. Saying "I don't like Odin" is self defeating. None of the custom ROMs I've seen for Samsung tablets (I've flashed on at least ten of them), have been made to use ADB and/or Fastboot.

There is a wonderful and good working eco system built in to android. But Samsung manged it to break all of it and make everything complicated. If they would deliver their device with a plain and simple Stock Android - most of use won't nedd to flash anyting
Unfortunate when you want a tablet you can use Apple or Samsung - all the rest vanished (more or less - just a few very basic models out there)

4929york

Oct 30, 2013
There is a wonderful and good working eco system built in to android. But Samsung manged it to break all of it and make everything complicated. If they would deliver their device with a plain and simple Stock Android - most of use won't nedd to flash anyting
Unfortunate when you want a tablet you can use Apple or Samsung - all the rest vanished (more or less - just a few very basic models out there)
There is a small minority of people who think typing commands is a "wonderful and good working eco system". The vast majority prefer a GUI app. I'm thankful Samsung took the time and effort to give us Odin where a simple typo doesn't cause failure.:victory:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
There is a small minority of people who think typing commands is a "wonderful and good working eco system". The vast majority prefer a GUI app. I'm thankful Samsung took the time and effort to give us Odin where a simple typo doesn't cause failure.:victory:

Too bad Odin isn't even officially released by them and works on a single operating system, so so so grateful for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: phubarr

Viper780

I found new method for root with magisk , works great ( i tested ) : https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-7/how-to/install-magisk-android-11-r-100-t4162761

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

tried it - but saftyNet failes (basicIntegrity and ctsProfile) - how did you fixed that?

A GUI may be nice but can't be scripted and are prone to failure - typo with ADB or fastboot makes nothing.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
tried it - but saftyNet failes (basicIntegrity and ctsProfile) - how did you fixed that?

A GUI may be nice but can't be scripted and are prone to failure - typo with ADB or fastboot makes nothing.
The only time I've seen Odin fail is when I did something wrong. And the FILES Odin works with contain scripts that CAN be altered. But the scripts have normally been tested and don't contain typos.

churchner420

Mar 25, 2015
I clean installed the latest firmware I downloaded with Frija, the installed TWRP and the vbmeta. Then I performed a factory reset and wiped cache and dalvik cache. But when I try to install LOS 18 it says ERROR 1 (This package requires firmware from an Android 10 based stock ROM build). Why the hell is that???

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I clean installed the latest firmware I downloaded with Frija, the installed TWRP and the vbmeta. Then I performed a factory reset and wiped cache and dalvik cache. But when I try to install LOS 18 it says ERROR 1 (This package requires firmware from an Android 10 based stock ROM build). Why the hell is that???
Because we still require older Android 10 firmware since Samsung doesn't care enough to release newest kernel source which would perhaps fix r05 variants not booting up on latest fw + lineage.
tl;dr: downgrade to firmware in post #3.

rodentkj

bart3005

Jan 16, 2011
Thanks for this.

Worked for me too.
Although in Step 3 I never got prompted to update Magisk Manager.
I moved along to step 4 and all seems to be working fine.

Note:I did originally try the recently released v21 of Magisk. No joy. Would only boot to Download mode after flashing in TWRP.

Same for me the new Magisk resulted in Download mode and no boot.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Because we still require older Android 10 firmware since Samsung doesn't care enough to release newest kernel source which would perhaps fix r05 variants not booting up on latest fw + lineage.
tl;dr: downgrade to firmware in post #3.

Also this statement is partially untrue now - I extracted needed parts from CTI1 stock and thus now current 17.1/18.0 builds support newest FW.

Reactions: phubarr

dbxoneA

Sep 15, 2014
I'd like to give this ROM a try, but currently can't figure out if it will support MicroG out-of-the-box (i.e. by installing NanoDroid), or if I'll run into issues re: signature spoofing.
Any thoughts on this?

apokit

Feb 28, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Builds 20210531+ depend on Android 11 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 or 10 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU2DUD7.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    I downloaded the bleeding-edge canary, not sure if that's necessary.

Its not necessary anymore. 21.2 works fine with Android 11, at least on all the devices I've tried so far. This one included. No need to run the canary builds.

Regular Magisk Releases Here. (GitHub Link)
    I just flashed it. It boots for now. I just wonder if there is a way to not have this screen when I start my tab ?
    Yeah...flash Samsung's original software.