[ROM][OFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
I have a strange problem with WiFi. I have had several lineage devices. Samsung pads, xiaomi phones, samsung phones..
I have never had this weird issue with my wifi. It seems to not work correct and I can not really trouble shoot it properly.

I had the exact same problem on lineage 17 and kind of gave up after a few days troubleshooting. Now today I try lineage 18 and same problem. I did a full reset of course, wipe data and format and everything.. really start from scratch.

My wifi has trouble working correctly.. I look at my pfsense (firewall) and I see that the requests are not reaching anywhere.

I connect to wifi, sometimes it is not connected at all after a reboot and I have to manually reconnect. Very few times it seems to work for a short while but mostly it is just connected to my network but does not let my device go anywhere on the network. Cant reach WAN or LAN or anything..

One weird example: I ping 1.1.1.1 from the pad, first it times out, then it gets a response and goes through to destination, and then next package times out and that's it.
And I find nothing in my firewall that is blocking it.. It simply seems that the device itself does not release the traffic..

All other devices, like 30 devices, works and has worked without any issues on my network.

What can this be..?

scotabroad

May 14, 2021
Ok, I was just making sure you had it available when you needed it.
He's absolutely correct, I had to roll mine back from 11 after doing same thing. Had to roll 11 back to 10 so I could flash 11. Sounds a bit off if you say it out loud.
I currently have this tablet running Android 11 stock ROM (build number:RP1A.200720.012.T720XXU2DUD3), so I'm assuming my firmware is T720XXU2DUD3. Does this mean I don't have to downgrade back to Android 10 to install LOS 18.1 and TWRP? If not, I'd imagine I'll have to use Frija or SamloaderKotlin to downgrade to a prior Android 10 firmware and OS, right?

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
I have a strange problem with WiFi. I have had several lineage devices. Samsung pads, xiaomi phones, samsung phones..
I have never had this weird issue with my wifi. It seems to not work correct and I can not really trouble shoot it properly.

I had the exact same problem on lineage 17 and kind of gave up after a few days troubleshooting. Now today I try lineage 18 and same problem. I did a full reset of course, wipe data and format and everything.. really start from scratch.

My wifi has trouble working correctly.. I look at my pfsense (firewall) and I see that the requests are not reaching anywhere.

I connect to wifi, sometimes it is not connected at all after a reboot and I have to manually reconnect. Very few times it seems to work for a short while but mostly it is just connected to my network but does not let my device go anywhere on the network. Cant reach WAN or LAN or anything..

One weird example: I ping 1.1.1.1 from the pad, first it times out, then it gets a response and goes through to destination, and then next package times out and that's it.
And I find nothing in my firewall that is blocking it.. It simply seems that the device itself does not release the traffic..

All other devices, like 30 devices, works and has worked without any issues on my network.

What can this be..?

@LuK1337 any idea? Please buddy I really need help to understand what can be wrong here.. Bought this brand new from store to run lineage on, but does not work with wifi reliably at all..

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
No, my knowledge about WLAN is almost 0. There's a slight chance that new blobs + firmware + kernel would do something about it but who knows.

It's just so weird.. Nobody else seem to have wifi problems in this thread. Anything you recall in the past reading about with this pad and lineage?
Like if I install everything to totally default and newly installed lineage, I still have the same problem.. What can that be really...?

I currently have this tablet running Android 11 stock ROM (build number:RP1A.200720.012.T720XXU2DUD3), so I'm assuming my firmware is T720XXU2DUD3. Does this mean I don't have to downgrade back to Android 10 to install LOS 18.1 and TWRP? If not, I'd imagine I'll have to use Frija or SamloaderKotlin to downgrade to a prior Android 10 firmware and OS, right?
I'm not sure If they have kernel source for Android 11 yet or not. @LuK1337 will be able to answer this better than anyone.

What can this be..?
I'm not sure but didn't these tablets have an issue with wi-fi in the beginning ? Something to do with orientation of tablet as to whether or not it would connect. You may try searching hardware issues, it was Samsung not Lineage problem if I am thinking of correct device. Below might be worth looking at.

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
I'm not sure but didn't these tablets have an issue with wi-fi in the beginning ? Something to do with orientation of tablet as to whether or not it would connect. You may try searching hardware issues, it was Samsung not Lineage problem if I am thinking of correct device. Below might be worth looking at.

thanks. It's not that though its completly different. And I actually found the problem and also a intermittent solution to it as well.
The problem seems to be my wifi network. I have unifi system with one accesspoint. The problem is with the 5ghz wifi, when I connect to the 2.4 everything is fine.
I have had a weird problem with my linux laptop for a year as well. Since I moved from Windows to Linux my wifi has been dropping out on my laptop, and this problem went away for my laptop as well once connecting to the 2.4ghz network.

Oddly all the other devices on my network works without any issues... So I will need to research this issue with unifi.

thanks. It's not that though its completly different. And I actually found the problem and also a intermittent solution to it as well.
The problem seems to be my wifi network. I have unifi system with one accesspoint. The problem is with the 5ghz wifi, when I connect to the 2.4 everything is fine.
I have had a weird problem with my linux laptop for a year as well. Since I moved from Windows to Linux my wifi has been dropping out on my laptop, and this problem went away for my laptop as well once connecting to the 2.4ghz network.

Oddly all the other devices on my network works without any issues... So I will need to research this issue with unifi.
2.4 is always more stable from what I've read and experienced. Good luck trying to find the 5ghz issue. I have a laptop that seems to prefer 2.4ghz also. I have come to the conclusion that 2.4 is faster than 5 on it because it's steady and not dropping out and fluctuating.

I have constant WiFi drops since 2 or 3 month. 17 and 18.1. Different firmwares. Clean and dirty flash. WPA2 and WPA3.
It's just so weird.. Nobody else seem to have wifi problems in this thread. Anything you recall in the past reading about with this pad and lineage?
Like if I install everything to totally default and newly installed lineage, I still have the same problem.. What can that be really...?

scotabroad

May 14, 2021
I'm not sure If they have kernel source for Android 11 yet or not. @LuK1337 will be able to answer this better than anyone.
Someone on the LTE thread said the kernel was released for the LTE version earlier this month, so I'm assuming the kernel for the WiFi should also be released, though it also could just be the LTE kernel that's been released). However, for time being, since the kernel seems to be newly released (if the WiFi kernel has also been released), I imagine it'd be awhile before @LuK1337 includes it in a build, so I think I'll start looking into how to downgrade back to 10 so I can install LOS 18.1. Would this still require unlocking the bootloader?

Someone on the LTE thread said the kernel was released for the LTE version earlier this month, so I'm assuming the kernel for the WiFi should also be released, though it also could just be the LTE kernel that's been released). However, for time being, since the kernel seems to be newly released (if the WiFi kernel has also been released), I imagine it'd be awhile before @LuK1337 includes it in a build, so I think I'll start looking into how to downgrade back to 10 so I can install LOS 18.1. Would this still require unlocking the bootloader?
Yes, you will have to unlock it to install Lineage. I think you can roll it back without unlocking but will have to unlock before LOS installation.

scotabroad

May 14, 2021
Yes, you will have to unlock it to install Lineage. I think you can roll it back without unlocking but will have to unlock before LOS installation.
Okay, so although I could roll it back with a locked bootloader, I probably should unlock it since that's going to be needed for LOS. Thanks!

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011

I figure both of these are going to be the same, but just in case, and I went back to stock get them:

Playing MP3:

https://www.cdmfabrication.com/logcats/mp3playing.txt

Playing a Movie:

https://www.cdmfabrication.com/logcats/mp4playing.txt

I used Windows line endings in the text files just in case, so they should be readable in anything. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Last edited:

finalista

Jul 18, 2009
Upgrade to FW Android 11 and LOS Update 310521 went smooth as always. @LuK1337 well done! you are really one of the best LOS Maintainers (y)

Marky__Mark

Jan 26, 2015
I tried flashing the Android 11 firmware per post #3 and i got an error flashing in TWRP saying invalid zip format. I downloaded the zip by clicking on the source code. What did i do wrong?

Apr 7, 2021
I just download the update and when installing in TWRP i get an error saying "Error: This package requires firmware from an Android 11 based stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!"
Error installing zip file.

Edit: Fixed! Didn't know about post #3. Look out for new Firmware Updates to be able to download and install newer versions of lineage os.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021
I tried flashing the Android 11 firmware per post #3 and i got an error flashing in TWRP saying invalid zip format. I downloaded the zip by clicking on the source code. What did i do wrong?
EDIT: Thanks to @denisovich for pointing out that you need both AP and DL files to use on Odin when Updating the Firmware. From post #3.
1622509355093.png

1622509858002.png

Attachments

• 1622504614862.png
    1622504614862.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 1622504929069.png
    1622504929069.png
    7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Builds 20210531+ depend on Android 11 firmware, and thus from now on the recovery will abort the installation if you're still on Android 9 or 10 one.

You can update the firmware by flashing following Odin package: https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T720XXU2DUD7.

After the firmware update you should be able to flash newer builds.
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    I downloaded the bleeding-edge canary, not sure if that's necessary.

Its not necessary anymore. 21.2 works fine with Android 11, at least on all the devices I've tried so far. This one included. No need to run the canary builds.

Regular Magisk Releases Here. (GitHub Link)
    I just flashed it. It boots for now. I just wonder if there is a way to not have this screen when I start my tab ?
    Yeah...flash Samsung's original software.