[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][10] RESURRECTION REMIX [DEC 2020]

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
TB all the way
As I've been absent from the flashing scene for a long time, I've been using TB for years but only just now after the above comment I've installed swift, I'm also reading there's issues with TB on 10 builds, so just in case I've made backups with both, just getting everything ready for my flash tomorrow, otg drive ready and onto RR 10 finally...

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
As I've been absent from the flashing scene for a long time, I've been using TB for years but only just now after the above comment I've installed swift, I'm also reading there's issues with TB on 10 builds, so just in case I've made backups with both, just getting everything ready for my flash tomorrow, otg drive ready and onto RR 10 finally...
I tried Swift quite some time in the past. Now I don't remember what I did not like, but at that time I came back to TB. Looks like no further development is going on, but TB is still a solid choice. Still working, no issues on A10, both OOS and custom ROMs. I'm sure it will work on A11 as well.

Reactions: kamikaze702k

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
I tried Swift quite some time in the past. Now I don't remember what I did not like, but at that time I came back to TB. Looks like no further development is going on, but TB is still a solid choice. Still working, no issues on A10, both OOS and custom ROMs. I'm sure it will work on A11 as well.
Nice, I've made backups with both, I have noticed sometimes TB doesn't restore full data, esp with games and I'm balls deep into this game called Another Eden. Want to make sure that gets transferred over fully, hopefully with one or the other it will

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
So far this is what I will be doing (please correct me if I'm wrong in any of the steps)

1. Reboot into TWRP and format data by typing yes.

2. Reboot into recovery

3. Flash OOS (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.31_OTA_031_all_2011052258_0a31cd8d82f0.zip) and TWRP

4. Reboot into recovery and repeat step 3

5. Format data again and typing yes

6. Flash RR vanilla zip with open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210123.zip with TWRP zip

7. Reboot device

8. Reboot into recovery and install magisk.

Is that the correct procedure? Only one I'm uncertain with is step 6, not sure if I can install the RR zip and at the same time gapps and is nano ok or will pico work also?

Thanks

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Installed Swift and now I know what I didn't (and don't) like about it. I MUST to have an account with them plus all my data is flying to them.

There was a huge discussion with dev here on XDA. He provided the reasons for that, but me personally haven't been convinced that all that is really needed. So, I dropped the ball on the app.

For your steps - item 6. why you want to flash vanilla version and then flash gapps? just flash RROS with gapps and you're done.
Item 8 - you can flash magisk before rebooting th phone.

Other than that, looks fine to me.

Guido83

May 11, 2011
ZH
Installed Swift and now I know what I didn't (and don't) like about it. I MUST to have an account with them plus all my data is flying to them.

There was a huge discussion with dev here on XDA. He provided the reasons for that, but me personally haven't been convinced that all that is really needed. So, I dropped the ball on the app.

For your steps - item 6. why you want to flash vanilla version and then flash gapps? just flash RROS with gapps and you're done.

Another flaw of Swift Backup, it cannot be used on vanilla ROMs as it needs google play services to run.

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Another flaw of Swift Backup, it cannot be used on vanilla ROMs as it needs google play services to run.
Here we go.

Why the hell I need Google Play to backup my apps?

That's on top of privacy comcerns. I'm not comfortable to share my data (banking apps, corporate stuff and such) with some strangers. Looks like fishing to me.

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London

RROS has gapps built in but the vanilla builds don't? That's what I've gathered here from info, going for vanilla as it's a lighter package and won't be bloated with Google stuff, the bare minimal of Google is good with me.

Thanks for the reassurance. Will try tonight

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
I'm now finally on RR, wonderful Rom, everything's working great thus far, installed vanilla with nano gapps as pico didn't work. Only thing I've noticed is my paid apps which I bought from play store are now reset so I'm not sure what happened there.

Swift backup worked a charm.

shivailli23k

Oct 22, 2017
Hello, I have installed "Scoop" from Xposed Module repository, which captures all crashlogs and have come across this regular bug from

org.codeaura.ims

Code:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: beginBroadcast() called while already in a broadcast
    at android.os.RemoteCallbackList.beginBroadcast(RemoteCallbackList.java:241)
    at android.os.RemoteCallbackList.broadcast(RemoteCallbackList.java:328)
    at android.telephony.ims.stub.ImsRegistrationImplBase.onRegistered(ImsRegistrationImplBase.java:132)
    at org.codeaurora.ims.ImsServiceSub.handleSrvStatusUpdate(ImsServiceSub.java:988)
    at org.codeaurora.ims.ImsServiceSub.access$1800(ImsServiceSub.java:104)
    at org.codeaurora.ims.ImsServiceSub$ImsServiceSubHandler.handleMessage(ImsServiceSub.java:1722)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7398)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:940)
Which oscillates the exact same log report as another registration of "SIM Toolkit".
It will be one then the other, not in any specific pattern.

Now, I could just remove the crashlog capturing software, but I bring it to your attention out of curiosity.

Perhaps someone could dissect this and make sense of what is happening, here.

This does not seem to be a crash that would normally be reported.
I have installed software to specifically log detailed reports.

Magisk and edXposed are properly installed, and pass general SafetyNet tests.

I have scanned the device with Malware detectors, but nothing came up.

This likely could be disregarded, but I bring it to your attention, now.
Thank you! I flashed RR from OOS Stable and I really love the new ROM!

PER PROTOCOL – I have just downloaded "CatLog" and will provide the log
when the error happens again. There is a screenshot of 'Scoop' attached.

The "Catlog" app does not function properly for Android 10 Q
so I have followed a reviewer's recommendation and used a
similar program "Matlog" – which should be recommended (in the OP)
because of the lack of access to the main menu in Catlog with Android 10.

As soon as the crash happens again, I'll go ahead and update.

As I think about it, I do have Root SMS Call Manager installed with the Xposed module activated.
This may be what is causing the error report, and may be simply a funciton of one of the settings.
I have changed the setting (Processing Mode) to the other option and will wait if it crashes again.
I should properly do a freeze on the app itself, as well, and run it for a while to see if that's the root.

Okay – here is the logcat. >>>>>> https://pastebin.com/yjnPLRwA
This was after changing my settings in the module. I have very minimal things installed.
It has been curtailed (not full logs) in order to be uploadable. Hopefully I didn't cut
off anything relevant. I'll post another as it comes up, to ensure that I didn't miss it.

FINALLY GOT IT. ––– I have now attached a log zip file which is from a very recent crash.
This should serve perfectly for whomever knows what they are doing about this. I have disabled
the "Root Call SMS Manager" so that Xposed module is out of the question. Hope all of this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: kamikaze702k

andre0005

May 15, 2014
Anyone else facing issues using Google pay? I do pass safety net. It usually works after a few attempts but it takes super long for the nfc to recognize that it's on a payment terminal.

SirRhor

Oct 24, 2011
New York
rhor.deviantart.com
Anyone else facing issues using Google pay? I do pass safety net. It usually works after a few attempts but it takes super long for the nfc to recognize that it's on a payment terminal.
I gave up on that already. It recognizes my CC, everything is fine. I even make one payment successfully. After that, GPay loses access to the card and I have to add it again.

bschmidy10

Jan 5, 2012
Saint Louis
Running 8.6.6, but this started with 8.6.5:

Using gesture navigation, the first swipe up instantly snaps back to the bottom, forcing me to repeat the gesture. While in the same app, after it happens once, it doesn't happen again.

Also , is the Google Assistant always on function still broken? As in it causes horrible call quality?

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
Running 8.6.6, but this started with 8.6.5:

Using gesture navigation, the first swipe up instantly snaps back to the bottom, forcing me to repeat the gesture. While in the same app, after it happens once, it doesn't happen again.

Also , is the Google Assistant always on function still broken? As in it causes horrible call quality?
I use the standard 3 button navbar so not sure..

My call quality is superb on 8.6.6 vanilla and I try to keep Google apps to a minimum, manually deleted the velvet apk which is the Google app, not sure about Google assistant never used it

SeongGino

Mar 21, 2012
Jersey City
Always loved the customization RR provides, so glad to see this getting official support for the device.
So far, it's been completely smooth sailing - at least, after updating the stock OS base from Pie to the latest A10 builds (cellular didn't work prior to doing this). Bio auth is solid, and even the Google bloat is minimal; nice for someone who uses GMS/GSF as a necessity for some apps and nothing else.

My only qualm so far is that I'm not sure how this ROM handles refresh rate changes? For the first day, I've had it set to "auto" (which presumably should be 90hz when supported, 60hz fallback), but some apps that I want to use in 60hz are still locked at 90. As good as that may sound at first, emulators like Yaba Sanshiro (Saturn emu) will run at 1.3x speed, and will sound like it's misbehaving - because it is.
I've found the option in Resurrection tools -> Interface -> Gaming -> Optimize refresh rate which mentions "Optimize refresh rate when switching to gaming mode. 60hz is used preferably for a smoother gameplay" which I just assumed by that specific snippet that it could serve as a 60hz switch? But, apparently not. I'm not even sure what it does...

Is there an explanation as to what that feature does? And for that matter, how can I limit apps to a lower refresh rate while maintaining SystemUI smoothness at 90hz? Because until then, I'll probably continue to use 60hz until figuring this out.
Oh yeah, and maybe an option to disable the Custom Kernel warning? I'm using Kirisakura v2.0.0-custom which I'm perfectly happy with and works well with all the major device functionality, so (at least after doing my own testing to ensure everything's functioning as intended) I'd rather not get nagged for being a power user... in a power user's system image.

Also,
Currently using gesture nav for the first time, but I'm not seeing this problem.

bschmidy10

Jan 5, 2012
Saint Louis
Always loved the customization RR provides, so glad to see this getting official support for the device.
So far, it's been completely smooth sailing - at least, after updating the stock OS base from Pie to the latest A10 builds (cellular didn't work prior to doing this). Bio auth is solid, and even the Google bloat is minimal; nice for someone who uses GMS/GSF as a necessity for some apps and nothing else.

My only qualm so far is that I'm not sure how this ROM handles refresh rate changes? For the first day, I've had it set to "auto" (which presumably should be 90hz when supported, 60hz fallback), but some apps that I want to use in 60hz are still locked at 90. As good as that may sound at first, emulators like Yaba Sanshiro (Saturn emu) will run at 1.3x speed, and will sound like it's misbehaving - because it is.
I've found the option in Resurrection tools -> Interface -> Gaming -> Optimize refresh rate which mentions "Optimize refresh rate when switching to gaming mode. 60hz is used preferably for a smoother gameplay" which I just assumed by that specific snippet that it could serve as a 60hz switch? But, apparently not. I'm not even sure what it does...

Is there an explanation as to what that feature does? And for that matter, how can I limit apps to a lower refresh rate while maintaining SystemUI smoothness at 90hz? Because until then, I'll probably continue to use 60hz until figuring this out.
Oh yeah, and maybe an option to disable the Custom Kernel warning? I'm using Kirisakura v2.0.0-custom which I'm perfectly happy with and works well with all the major device functionality, so (at least after doing my own testing to ensure everything's functioning as intended) I'd rather not get nagged for being a power user... in a power user's system image.

Also,

Currently using gesture nav for the first time, but I'm not seeing this problem.
Appreciate the reply- it was due to a bug with Nova7 beta with the companion app. Constantly loading and crashing on swipe home.