[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
SafetyNet & guacamole LineageOS 18.1

Try this made for ARM64 devices like yours: MAGISK MODULE ❯ Universal SafetyNet Fix.

Check the excellent Magisk and MagiskHide Installation and Troubleshooting guide and also the XDA Magisk support thread for help.
I have checked both, and I have done everything suggested. I spend lots of time in that Magic support thread over the past year or so, and I am familiar with the procedures and suggestions discussed there. I am able to hide Magisk and pass SafetyNet with some other ROMs. LOS 18.1 seems to be problematic for me in this regard, however.

Universal SafetyNet Fix doesn't work for me, either. In any case, I thought that particular module was obsolete.

PS: I now think this problem might be due to Google's latest software downloads. I have another device which is running Magisk 22.1 and for which SafetyNet has been passing with no problem for several weeks.

However, I just noticed that SafetyNet stopped passing on that other device, also. I had not changed the ROM, the OS, nor anything related to Magisk for several weeks on that device. However, I think that Google might have pushed some software upgrades which are now interfering with Magisk's ability to hide from SafetyNet.

Thanks a lot, Google. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: cantenna

muphetz

• May 9, 2013
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    I have checked both, and I have done everything suggested. I spend lots of time in that Magic support thread over the past year or so, and I am familiar with the procedures and suggestions discussed there. I am able to hide Magisk and pass SafetyNet with some other ROMs. LOS 18.1 seems to be problematic for me in this regard, however.

Universal SafetyNet Fix doesn't work for me, either. In any case, I thought that particular module was obsolete.

PS: I now think this problem might be due to Google's latest software downloads. I have another device which is running Magisk 22.1 and for which SafetyNet has been passing with no problem for several weeks.

However, I just noticed that SafetyNet stopped passing on that other device, also. I had not changed the ROM, the OS, nor anything related to Magisk for several weeks on that device. However, I think that Google might have pushed some software upgrades which are now interfering with Magisk's ability to hide from SafetyNet.

Safety net work for me,,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-173024_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20210414-173024_Settings.png
      78.8 KB · Views: 47

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
    I'm not sure it was so explicitly addressed....
    But I don't see any indication of which firmware you need to be on for los18.1. Looking at how elaborate the act has become for yaap since they started using r blobs, I don't understand why there is such an extreme difference in the instructions.

So which firmware do you have to be on? (yaap oos11)
    Both slots? (yaap yes)
    What format must the data partition have? (yaap f2fs)
    Decryption supported? (yaap no)
    Is the los recovery able to handle Android R? (yaap no recovery after magisk)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
    Moto G 2014
    I'm not sure it was so explicitly addressed....
    But I don't see any indication of which firmware you need to be on for los18.1. Looking at how elaborate the act has become for yaap since they started using r blobs, I don't understand why there is such an extreme difference in the instructions.

So which firmware do you have to be on? (yaap oos11)
    Both slots? (yaap yes)
    What format must the data partition have? (yaap f2fs)
    Decryption supported? (yaap no)
    Is the los recovery able to handle Android R? (yaap no recovery after magisk)
    1, 2, 5) https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/guacamole/install
    3) Theoretically both F2FS and EXT4 should be working but I only test EXT4.
    4) LineageOS Recovery: no; OS: yes ( kinda obvious, right? )

Reactions: EVOLw

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
    1, 2, 5) https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/guacamole/install
    3) Theoretically both F2FS and EXT4 should be working but I only test EXT4.
    4) LineageOS Recovery: no; OS: yes ( kinda obvious, right? )
    Well, how many times you read 'may' on the wiki page, it feels like it's a guide of Oneplus devices 1 through 9 and you have to figure out for yourself what applies to your device.
    I know developers always feel attacked very quickly and think users are stupid. I don't want to be rude, nor am I stupid (but English is not my native language).

The question about dfe is not answered on the wiki page.
    If you had used yaap before, you would also be confused as to why two custom AOSP R ROMs differ in everything when installing. Seems like one dev team is not quite right with the installation routine. No, just thinking out loud and this is not an attack.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Moto G 2014
    Well, how many times you read 'may' on the wiki page, it feels like it's a guide of Oneplus devices 1 through 9 and you have to figure out for yourself what applies to your device.
    I know developers always feel attacked very quickly and think users are stupid. I don't want to be rude, nor am I stupid (but English is not my native language).

If you had used yaap before, you would also be confused as to why two custom AOSP R ROMs differ in everything when installing. Seems like one dev team is not quite right with the installation routine. No, just thinking out loud and this is not an attack.
    What is DFE? Also, please take a look at the attached image.

Attachments

• screencapture-wiki-lineageos-org-devices-guacamole-install-2021-04-15-11_35_21.png
      screencapture-wiki-lineageos-org-devices-guacamole-install-2021-04-15-11_35_21.png
      810.9 KB · Views: 124

npv12

Nov 28, 2020
    Gujarat
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Yaap does quite a lot of differences that makes the installation process different. From yaap to los follow los guides and you should be alright

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
    What is DFE? Also, please take a look at the attached image.
    DFE is the quite popular Disable Forced Encryption flashable zip.
    I appreciate your effort and that you have so much patience with me stupid. This is not irony, I am serious.

But you will surely have to admit that "latest Android 11 firmware" is problematic in that Oneplus will surely tweak the R blobs (since R is buggy like hell) and bring an update that los18.1 cannot be prepared for and bugs will arise. I would have given concrete details (which firmware for the time being) if I were you.

Question #5 was related to why there is a LOS recovery that also cannot handle Android R when there is already twrp and orangefox for guacamole. The existence of your recovery suggests that it is either fully R compatible or the known recoverys are not able to flash LOS. Neither assumption is answered on the wiki page.

To question #2, why does this zip have a date if it only copies content from a to b? That in turn suggests that there are R blobs of a certain date in there, which is not the case according to the text.

Yaap does quite a lot of differences that makes the installation process different. From yaap to los follow los guides and you should be alright
    Thank you for understanding my confusion :) . I will try.

Reactions: washichi

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Moto G 2014
    DFE is the quite popular Disable Forced Encryption flashable zip.
    I appreciate your effort and that you have so much patience with me stupid. This is not irony, I am serious.

But you will surely have to admit that "latest Android 11 firmware" is problematic in that Oneplus will surely tweak the R blobs (since R is buggy like hell) and bring an update that los18.1 cannot be prepared for and bugs will arise. I would have given concrete details (which firmware for the time being) if I were you.

Question #5 was related to why there is a LOS recovery that also cannot handle Android R when there is already twrp and orangefox for guacamole. The existence of your recovery suggests that it is either fully R compatible or the known recoverys are not able to flash LOS. Neither assumption is answered on the wiki page.

To question #2, why does this zip have a date if it only copies content from a to b? That in turn suggests that there are R blobs of a certain date in there, which is not the case according to the text.

Thank you for understanding my confusion :) . I will try.
    >DFE is the quite popular Disable Forced Encryption flashable zip.
    Yikes.

>But you will surely have to admit that "latest Android 11 firmware" is problematic in that Oneplus will surely tweak the R blobs (since R is buggy like hell) and bring an update that los18.1 cannot be prepared for and bugs will arise. I would have given concrete details (which firmware for the time being) if I were you.
    I'll consider updating it when that happens. For now, I see no reason to specify more than OOS 11.
    FYI as far as I remember all official 17.1 builds were fine on any OOS 10 FW.

2) It actually does $current to $other but explaining it that way seemed easier.
    5) Obviously lineage recovery can flash lineage recovery...why would we advertise something that can't be used to flash lineage?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland

This turns out to be an issue with Magisk, because the API key that is being used in its SafetyNet checker needs to be updated. Checking device certifcation in the Play Store and using other SafetyNet checkers besides the one in Magisk shows SafetyNet passing.

John Wu (the Magisk developer) has confirmed this. See discussion here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/post-84841793

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Moto G 2014
    On official android 11 firmware release and can't boot into either TWRP or LOS recovery through fastboot, always stuck on fastboot logo.
    Had to downgrade to android 10 to install, and now my los 18.1 is running smoothly with no problem.
    Well, I just verified that lineage recovery boots fine with OOS dtbo so if you were doing `fastboot flash boot lineage_recovery.img` and then selecting recovery in BL that should have booted up fine.

Hand_0

Dec 24, 2018
    Can anybody tell how to install OOS Android 10 back? LineageOS 18 doesn't even let me to install twrp neither I can install OnePlus7ProOxygen_13.W.45_OTA_045_all_2010191035_downgrade_22b70083812944e2.zip with sideload.

Nevermind. Sorted.
    if you don't mind, could you point me into how you sorted it? I'm exactly in same boat

‬1‬

Sep 26, 2011
    London
    I downloaded this rom and installed it with Tool All in One software.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
    Newcastle

Hey all, strange behaviour regarding SafteyNet!!

So I've been checking in on this thread as of late as I'm currently on 17.1 thinking about 18.1 but trying to find out what works, what doesn't SafteyNet being one of the concerns.

but, here I am on 17.1 LineageOS still and SafteyNet has been passing all green for months.

today I notice I'm failing SafteyNet all of a sudden on Magisk and 3rd party SafteyNet check apps are advising I am failing as well, however, I am able to still use applications that normally don't function with fail SafteyNet and I have just used google pay twice.

so what I'm saying, if your testing and it says your failing, you may be actually passing. please try to test with google pay or a SafteyNet app like Pokemon go and kindly confirm back please.

Reactions: HippoMan

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
    Can TWRP not be installed on 18.1?

Thank you.

+1 on this. I will attempt to install LOS18.1 later today on my device running OOS11 and I originally had no intentions to use lineage recovery. Even tho the official guide to install LOS18.1 says to use the lineage recovery I though TWRP would work as well. Has anyone here tried installing LOS18.1 following the official guide but using TWRP INSTEAD of Lineage recovery?

washichi

Jan 12, 2012
    OnePlus 3
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    +1 on this. I will attempt to install LOS18.1 later today on my device running OOS11 and I originally had no intentions to use lineage recovery. Even tho the official guide to install LOS18.1 says to use the lineage recovery I though TWRP would work as well. Has anyone here tried installing LOS18.1 following the official guide but using TWRP INSTEAD of Lineage recovery?
    I tried, you can flash LOS18.1 that way, but it will install lineage os recovery.

Now running LOS 18.1 with lineage os recovery,
    'fastboot boot twrp.img' is also not working for me.

My a/b partition knowledge is not good enough to determine the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Just did an OTA update of the latest OTA.
      The 'restore images' button didn't work.

But installing magisk to the inactive slot did!
      I don't know if it was that, or NOT using NikGapps that made it work.

But I finally don't have to restore everything so I'm very pleased!
      Bootloop with OTA update issue is fixed with 1st may release in NikGapps. Glad that your ota update worked out. Feel free to flash nikgapps again, I'm sure you'll have seamless ota update even with nikgapps.
      Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
      04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
      04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
      04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
      04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
      04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.
      Haptic feedback same at OOS , even better , great update , thanks :)
      Hey all, strange behaviour regarding SafteyNet!!

So I've been checking in on this thread as of late as I'm currently on 17.1 thinking about 18.1 but trying to find out what works, what doesn't SafteyNet being one of the concerns.

but, here I am on 17.1 LineageOS still and SafteyNet has been passing all green for months.

today I notice I'm failing SafteyNet all of a sudden on Magisk and 3rd party SafteyNet check apps are advising I am failing as well, however, I am able to still use applications that normally don't function with fail SafteyNet and I have just used google pay twice.

so what I'm saying, if your testing and it says your failing, you may be actually passing. please try to test with google pay or a SafteyNet app like Pokemon go and kindly confirm back please.
      Yes, I mentioned that above. It turns out to be a known issue with the SafetyNet checker in Magisk.

It now seems to be fixed in Magisk Canary:
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/post-84846949
      been running a day so far and battery is way better than oxygen. Much more stable and no call bug. Been using Kirisakura_Guacamole_R_1.1.3 kernel with it today to see how battery is too. @LuK1337 are you going to enable the higher gpu step at all on stock kernel?
      I don't think so. I'm trying to avoid unnecessary kernel rice as much as it's possible. Also, I'm pretty sure that charter forbids any GPU/CPU OC.
      FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
      Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
      It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
      Just did an OTA update of the latest OTA.
      The 'restore images' button didn't work.

But installing magisk to the inactive slot did!
      I don't know if it was that, or NOT using NikGapps that made it work.

But I finally don't have to restore everything so I'm very pleased!
      Bootloop with OTA update issue is fixed with 1st may release in NikGapps. Glad that your ota update worked out. Feel free to flash nikgapps again, I'm sure you'll have seamless ota update even with nikgapps.
      Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
      04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
      04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
      04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
      04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
      04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone