[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

T-RoR

Mar 5, 2008
One question, in gesture navigation I have removed Navigation hint, however this appears sometimes in some games and does not allow me to use that screen area. Is there any solution?
It also happens with full screen videos. The Navigation hint bar appears (I have it disabled) and the "back" gesture stops working, it also blocks the screen area where this bar appears. Is very tired. For now the only solution I have is to minimize the app and then go back to it. Doesn't it happen to anyone?

EDIT: Only appears in horizontal mode.
Screenshot_20210423-211738_Mini_Metro_1.png

Last edited:

murmurous

Aug 31, 2017
Having some troubles updating from 17.1.

After I dirty-flash, I get stuck in fastboot. Rebooting recovery or system just kicks me back to fastboot again. Strangely, I can't even boot into a recovery image in this state—fastboot flash boot /path/to/recovery.img returns success in the command line, but doesn't do anything on the phone. The only way to escape the bootloop is to switch back to the original slot (the one that didn't get modified), which lets me boot recovery or system just fine. After this, I can restore from my backup and try again.

Following the 18.1 zip with an updated TWRP zip before reboot doesn't affect the bootloop. However, once I get back to the working slot, the new TWRP is present. So it's getting flashed to the active slot at least.

Haven't tried a clean-flash but the data partition shouldn't have anything to do with this?

I might try flashing a stock fastboot ROM (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...boot-roms-for-oneplus-7-pro-7-pro-5g.3931424/) but that's kind of my last resort. I know I'll forgot to back up something important, and then it'll be gone forever…

Any other ideas?

Robles_95

Jul 13, 2018
Having some troubles updating from 17.1.

After I dirty-flash, I get stuck in fastboot. Rebooting recovery or system just kicks me back to fastboot again. Strangely, I can't even boot into a recovery image in this state—fastboot flash boot /path/to/recovery.img returns success in the command line, but doesn't do anything on the phone. The only way to escape the bootloop is to switch back to the original slot (the one that didn't get modified), which lets me boot recovery or system just fine. After this, I can restore from my backup and try again.

Following the 18.1 zip with an updated TWRP zip before reboot doesn't affect the bootloop. However, once I get back to the working slot, the new TWRP is present. So it's getting flashed to the active slot at least.

Haven't tried a clean-flash but the data partition shouldn't have anything to do with this?

I might try flashing a stock fastboot ROM (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...boot-roms-for-oneplus-7-pro-7-pro-5g.3931424/) but that's kind of my last resort. I know I'll forgot to back up something important, and then it'll be gone forever…

Any other ideas?
Latest Version seems to have a bit of a problem if you're installing nikgapps, that's the only thing I know since it will give you A bootloop. It seems to work if installing latest nikgapps and then factory resetting, can cfm it worked this way for me

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
I have a question about battery drain, mostly standby. I got this phone used and flashed lineageos from day 1 since I did not like the OxygenOS UI. So I don't have a real point of reference (especially overnight drain) I was hoping I could get some feedback here. So with the stock Kernel that comes with the rom I repeatedly got between 4 to 5% standby drain over the course of 8h. Mobile Data,wifi, gps,bluetooth, NFC disabled. Then I tried out the Kirisakura 1.1.4_R Kernel and now I consistently get exactly 3% of drain overnight. Are the figures good? Do you guys manage to get even less standby drain than this? Pls feel free to give me some feedback because as I said I have no good point of reference...

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
Thx for this ROM. I really like it and has less quirks than yaap in my eyes.
Did everything which is said on wiki, even factory reset oos11 inbetween to be really clean.
Only one issue: After screen unlock, the UI is for 2 seconds quite laggy, after that it's smooth. I have no strange things installed, no Facebook, no snap, quite empty.
Running with 90hz... Any solution to fix inital lag on latest Lineage 18.1?

murmurous

Aug 31, 2017
Latest Version seems to have a bit of a problem if you're installing nikgapps, that's the only thing I know since it will give you A bootloop. It seems to work if installing latest nikgapps and then factory resetting, can cfm it worked this way for me
Thanks for the info. Although, I hit the bootloop before I ever get a chance to install any version of gapps. Due to the A/B boot stack, I have to (1) flash ROM to inactive slot, (2) reboot, setting that slot to active, then (3) flash gapps etc to the now-active slot that I just flashed the ROM to. Step 2 sends me to fastboot land.

But let me think...A/B still has only one data partition, so my old gapps (17.1 opengapps)are still kicking around. It should boot fine without any gapps, or with the correct gapps, but maybe the old gapps is interfering. I need to try a clean flash.

Still doesn't explain why recovery doesn't work, but let's see what happens.

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
Thanks for the info. Although, I hit the bootloop before I ever get a chance to install any version of gapps. Due to the A/B boot stack, I have to (1) flash ROM to inactive slot, (2) reboot, setting that slot to active, then (3) flash gapps etc to the now-active slot that I just flashed the ROM to. Step 2 sends me to fastboot land.

But let me think...A/B still has only one data partition, so my old gapps (17.1 opengapps)are still kicking around. It should boot fine without any gapps, or with the correct gapps, but maybe the old gapps is interfering. I need to try a clean flash.

Still doesn't explain why recovery doesn't work, but let's see what happens.
No need to worry about active / inactive slots. Just follow the guide in the linked wiki.

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
What would be the proper way to update LOS recovery only? I cannot find anything about this on the Wiki. I'm running YAAP ROM and I'm encrypted. Coming from 20210418 LOS recovery.

Code:
sudo fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210425-recovery-guacamole.img
works fine, while in LOS recovery I can seeVersion 18.1 (20210425). But of course, my phone won't boot anymore after doing that. I then have to flash my ROM boot.img (patched with Magisk) to be able to boot to system:
Code:
sudo fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-22104_NQyXh.img

I can still access LOS recovery after this, but it says Version (unknown) (). instead of Version 18.1 (20210425) so I'm not sure whether the recovery has been updated or not.

Thanks.

murmurous

Aug 31, 2017
No need to worry about active / inactive slots. Just follow the guide in the linked wiki.

Wiki doesn't explicitly mention A/B slots, but the procedure is the same:
5. Run adb sideload /path/to/zip (inserting the path to your LineageOS package).

6. (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload /path/to/zip those packages in sequence.

7. Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.
We know what's going on behind the scenes here ;) The reboot in step 6 swaps the active slot before flashing non-ROM stuff. Or if you skip that step, step 7 will take care of it.

Just tried a clean flash (factory reset > flash 18.1 ROM > reboot system), still fastboot. Wiping data should take gapps out of the equation, so I'm now confident that gapps has nothing to do with my issue. I think flashing a fastboot ROM really may be the only cure.

Anything I'm missing here?

EDIT: After hours of mucking around, I have identified the root cause: TWRP works only on slot B, not on slot A. I will start a separate thread, since it's clearly unrelated to LOS 18.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: washichi

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi, could you try the latest NikGapps canary build and see if you're facing any issues?

It has several fixes that involves OTA update fix, mounting fix, several app updates.

Would be great if you can clean flash!

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
Hi, could you try the latest NikGapps canary build and see if you're facing any issues?

It has several fixes that involves OTA update fix, mounting fix, several app updates.

Would be great if you can clean flash!

I don't have any experience with those newest builds but I have initially used NiksGapps (the early to mid April stock packages) mostly because I thought I needed google calander. I was not happy with the experience (too much stuff running in background and not quite perfect battery and performance for me at least). I switched to the recommended mindthegapps package and I am much happier with the experience currently so I would after all not recommend other gapps. Note that I installed Pixel launcher in System/Product/app cause I do not like stock launcher...

Top Liked Posts

See this step :

From OOS 11 Unecrypt with TWRP see this step :

Flash Lineage with TWRP in both slots (see this tutorial) :

1) Flash Lineage on first slot (ex. A) , Flash TWRP and wipe data factory reset. Reboot to recovery without start the system.

2) Flash magisk and DFE

3) flash Lineage and TWRP in second slot (Ex B)

4) Restart to Slot A and boot the system.

For me work 100%

10H SOT always 90HZ (from 25% with powersaving)
    See this step :

From OOS 11 Unecrypt with TWRP see this step :

Flash Lineage with TWRP in both slots (see this tutorial) :

1) Flash Lineage on first slot (ex. A) , Flash TWRP and wipe data factory reset. Reboot to recovery without start the system.

2) Flash magisk and DFE

3) flash Lineage and TWRP in second slot (Ex B)

4) Restart to Slot A and boot the system.

For me work 100%

10H SOT always 90HZ (from 25% with powersaving)
    I flashed it differently but it's working great! And thanks man for the help too. I had to change the recovery to lineage recovery and it booted up normally.
    longstory short, im on a tmobile op7 pro that is unlocked. i remember long ago messing with it and trying to get on a custom rom. i remember getting into twrp long ago and going back to locked international version because i couldnt get pokemon go to work on custom roms. took the last official update and it messed everything up. was lookin to try lineageos since the phone was messed up anyway and i dont play pokemon go anymore. now i cant boot into twrp from adb. i send the fastboot boot imagenameofrecovery.img command from adb and i get stuck on the fastboot mode splash screen. it doesnt boot into fastboot or recovery, just a screen that says fastboot mode and has the oneplus logo. been looking for a week now to solve this finding somewhat of answers in other device forums. i try to adapt those instructions to the oneplus 7 pro and i cant get it to work. i get

"downloading 'boot.img'...
    OKAY [ 0.759s]
    booting...
    OKAY [ 0.132s]
    finished. total time: 0.891s"

but it wont boot into twrp or any other custom recovery i send at it, just the fastboot mode splash screen. i can still get to the regular recovery and fastboot, and it does boot into android 11 but i cannot get into a custom recovery to flash anything else. ive tried multiple versions of twrp and tried the lineage recovery. i used the msmtool to go back to tmobile, then used the msmtool to go to international. please help. i will try to respond as fast as i can
    AFAIK twrp doesn't function correctly with Android 11. The only way (I think) to install a rom would be to head back to Android 10 and flash twrp.
    the last one i tried was twrp-3.4.0-10-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio but have tried multiple including the lineageos recovery
    How did it go?
    Try the 3.4.0-0 version. I flashed it today and it booted and worked fine with Android 10.
    used msm to downgrade to 9, upgraded to 10 then i was able to boot into twrp 3.4.0. thank you so much my man, or woman. you ****ing rock!
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
    Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
    04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
    04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
    04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
    04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
    04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.
    Just did an OTA update of the latest OTA.
    The 'restore images' button didn't work.

But installing magisk to the inactive slot did!
    I don't know if it was that, or NOT using NikGapps that made it work.

But I finally don't have to restore everything so I'm very pleased!
    Bootloop with OTA update issue is fixed with 1st may release in NikGapps. Glad that your ota update worked out. Feel free to flash nikgapps again, I'm sure you'll have seamless ota update even with nikgapps.
    Haptic feedback same at OOS , even better , great update , thanks :)
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
    Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
    04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
    04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
    04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
    04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
    04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.
    Has anyone tried this ROM with Micro G?
    I am running Lineage 17 Micro G on my OnePlus 6t and battery is amazing!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone