[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

miramax001

May 10, 2021
LineageOS 18.1 + Kernel Kirisakura 1.1.6_R + Magisk

Everything works perfectly (GPAY, ecc.ecc)

Only one request:
Is it possible to have the alert-switch like on OOS, where the silent profile also mutes the multimedia audio of the device (but not the bluethoot one) ?

ele95

• Mar 15, 2016
    Sarajevo
    i got updater app fc cant update and bootloop using last build with nikgapps and same with MindTheGapps with nikgapps addon for apps like pixel launcher and live walls , anyone have idea

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
    Ahmedabad
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    i got updater app fc cant update and bootloop using last build with nikgapps and same with MindTheGapps with nikgapps addon for apps like pixel launcher and live walls , anyone have idea
    If you're getting bootloop with both nikgapps and mindthegapps, you're doing something wrong.

Were you on last build of NikGapps? And latest addons?

njsges

Oct 19, 2007
    I am on the May 2nd Lineage and May 2nd NikGapps. Each time I have updated, I have had to reset the phone. I read that this has been resolved. Is this truly the case? I have things running well and don't want to have to reset again. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ele95

• Mar 15, 2016
    Sarajevo
    If you're getting bootloop with both nikgapps and mindthegapps, you're doing something wrong.

Were you on last build of NikGapps? And latest addons?
    i flashed this http://nikgapps-full-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip with pixel launcer + live wallpapers from adddon , when i update via ota the update downloaded fine and flashed fine but it stuck on finalization package and ota app get fc , i tried the mindgapps with those add on still same thing fc

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
    Ahmedabad
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    I am on the May 2nd Lineage and May 2nd NikGapps. Each time I have updated, I have had to reset the phone. I read that this has been resolved. Is this truly the case? I have things running well and don't want to have to reset again. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    When you had to reset your phone, which build of NikGapps were you on?

The issue has been fixed since 1st may build. If you experienced an issue before 1st may build, most likely you're not going to get anymore.

the noan

Jun 15, 2010
    San Antonio
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    No problem man! It was my pleasure helping you out. And yeah the volume slider is a must. It's really easy to switch modes. Well enjoy your phone! I'm glad you were able to get it up and running! Hopefully using the pixel 3a wasn't too bad.
    ran lineageos for a day and didnt like it, my battery suffered alot on lineageos and the choppy animations annoyed me. flashed pixel experience with my new found knowledge of flashing after not having done it for years. flashed PE with no problems from android 10 thanks to you. im loving PE! you rock man. cheers

Reactions: GamingDoggo

GamingDoggo

Aug 9, 2019
    OnePlus One
    Essential Phone
    ran lineageos for a day and didnt like it, my battery suffered alot on lineageos and the choppy animations annoyed me. flashed pixel experience with my new found knowledge of flashing after not having done it for years. flashed PE with no problems from android 10 thanks to you. im loving PE! you rock man. cheers
    Oh I see. Yeah some ROMs aren't aren't for everyone. Glad you managed to get a rom you like. If you want a ROM with good battery life give msm xtended a try. And no problem. If you need help with anything else I'll try to help you out.

njsges

Oct 19, 2007
    When you had to reset your phone, which build of NikGapps were you on?

The issue has been fixed since 1st may build. If you experienced an issue before 1st may build, most likely you're not going to get anymore.
    Thanks for replying. I was on April and April previously when having the resets. As for updating. just OTA update to 5/9? I don't need to reload NikGapps?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
    Ahmedabad
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Thanks for replying. I was on April and April previously when having the resets. As for updating. just OTA update to 5/9? I don't need to reload NikGapps?
    If you are on 1st may or later build, you don't need to reflash nikgapps, ota update works seamlessly. If you're on older build, you must dirty flash NikGapps 1st may build.

mrdarkhan

Jan 1, 2012
    Illinois
    Can somebody describe how this ROM compares to stock? Been using LineageOS on OneplusOne previously, and only stock on 7Pro. Did not want to try this if it is not a daily driver.
    1) Are there any missing features?
    2) How is battery? I read some people saying battery is bad, some are saying it is better than stock.
    3) How is the camera? Does it allow using all cameras? Better to use GCam I read multiple times.
    4) Does LineageOS support call recording without installing external apps? I like the call recorder coming with the stock OxygenOS dialer which can be enabled with a magisk module.
    5) Does the ROM provide customizable display resolution and framerate same way the stock provides? If not, what resolution and framerate does this ROM use?
    6) How is the OTA update process? Is full reset between updates still needed?
    7) Does LineageOS 18.1 provide OLED burn-in protection? I have noticeable burn-in in my status bar after ~1.5 years of usage. Did not want to make it worse.
    7) Any other bugs?

Reactions: DarkFamiliarity

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    For me LOS work great, I don't have any bugs in the animations and it is much better than the PE. In my opinion many complain because they didn't follow the official procedure, they have TWRP , DFE , magisk , magisk modules and other kernels. If you use it CLEAN VANILLA , FOLLOWING THE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE , IT WORK AWESOME.
    IF YOU WANT GAPPS FLASH ANOTHER ROM WITH GAPPS PREINSTALLED.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mrdarkhan

mrdarkhan

Jan 1, 2012
    Illinois
    For me LOS work great, I don't have any bugs in the animations and it is much better than the PE. In my opinion many complain because they didn't follow the official procedure, they have TWRP , DFE , magisk , magisk modules and other kernels. If you use it CLEAN VANILLA (WITHOUT GOOGLE) , FOLLOWING THE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE LOS WORK AWESOME.
    IF YOU WANT GOOGLE FLASH ANOTHER ROM.
    Thanks for response. I am curious what makes this ROM worse with regards to Google? Do GApps not work properly?

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Thanks for response. I am curious what makes this ROM worse with regards to Google? Do GApps not work properly?
    The rom was born to work without google, its optimal functioning is without google play services and google service framework , mainly for users who are looking for a light, secure system without trackers. By modifying the system then adding the gapps obviously it is no longer LOS stock.

• Haha
    Reactions: ele95

mrdarkhan

Jan 1, 2012
    Illinois
    The rom was born to work without google, its optimal functioning is without google play services and google service framework , mainly for users who are looking for a light, secure system without trackers. By modifying the system then adding the gapps obviously it is no longer LOS stock.
    I understand the sentiment and I would prefer to not have tracking between apps. Unfortunately for me that is too inconvenient, I do depend on apps provided by Google and PlayStore. Because of that I am stuck using GApps. Based on your answer I see there are no bugs. What about other questions? Display resolution/framerate, camera, OLED burn-in protection, etc that I asked before.

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    I understand the sentiment and I would prefer to not have tracking between apps. Unfortunately for me that is too inconvenient, I do depend on apps provided by Google and PlayStore. Because of that I am stuck using GApps. Based on your answer I see there are no bugs. What about other questions? Display resolution/framerate, camera, OLED burn-in protection, etc that I asked before.
    I have been using it randomly since its release and as a ROM daily driver for two weeks. Battery better than OOS, I have no apps in the background, everything clean but I lose 3% every night ,although I always set it in airplane mode and extreme power saving. (I hope it will be fixed with the next updates). LOS camera takes worse photos, I just uninstalled it with fastboot, I use gcam and the photos are comparable to OOS camera if not better in some circumstances. the audio has improved in the latest releases but I always hear it slightly subdued compared to OOS, but it's a little stuff and to test real differences we should have two OP7 Pro close together.
    The haptic feedback is perfect and the overall performance excellent , super fast and stable for navigation and messaging. I can't digest the OOS11 graphics with those dark divisions in the settings and the dark quicksettings, I hope they reintroduce an amoled black theme , so on a graphic level I definitely prefer LOS.
    As for Burn in protection it was on the old LOS, I think it integrated it, I can't tell you should the Dev help us with his answer. In gaming it works very well, I don't notice any differences compared to OOS. It depends on personal needs, for those looking for a stable and light ROM it is the top. Otherwise everything works perfectly , never had bugs, which I have had with the other aosp.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mrdarkhan

Top Liked Posts

I know in the old days, I could wipe everything *but* internal storage and just flash the new ROM and gapps and all that lovely jazz and get up and running; however, it seems things aren't as straightforward, especially with all this A/B partition nonsense. I'm currently on OxygenOS 11, and I've got a good backup solution in place (TWRP us SSH backup to my home server), so can I:
      •Wipe all but internal storage
      •Flash Lineage, TWRP, Magisk, gapps, and kernel
      •And just reboot from TWRP aftert all that to enjoy the the awesomeness that is LineageOS?
      I've read most of this thread, but I'm still not quite sure I'm going about all this correctly. Also, if I flash this NikGapps everyone keeps talking about, I only gotta flash that once, right?
      Oh no! You have A/B partition device now. You must follow the instructions from Original Post.

And yes, if you flash latest version of NikGapps, you won't have to flash it again after ota update.
      Finally got it working! The missing piece was the dm-verity script. Now I understand all the talk about encryption—this should probably be in the Lineage wiki imo.

For anyone else who's struggling, I followed Mohitash's guide here to clean-install OOS11 first. I installed to both slots with this method, just to be sure. Then, I repeated the process again with Lineage 18.1 (I installed gapps this time between steps 8 and 9, right after rebooting recovery). Lost all my data in the process of course, now setting everything back up by hand.

I'm using the latest official TWRP (3.5.2_9-0), not the "unofficial" version (3.4.x). I used NikGapps first, but had problems (Signal didn't detect Google Play Services, and Google Maps crashed after being open for a few seconds). Formatted data and tried again with MindTheGapps, all good so far.

My one question is, do I need to flash the disable-dm-verity script every time I take an OTA? I'm not sure what an OTA update will do, and I'm afraid to find out the hard way. But that would mean that I can only install an OTA using TWRP for the dm-verity step—kind of defeats the purpose, no?

Anyway, I'm loving the upgrade from 17.1! Thanks everyone for the support, and for the awesome result!
      anyone know how to install the OnePlus cam from apkpure?
      Use latest Gcam Arnova with SAP Overkill xml , work perfect on LOS, you can use it without google apps with gcam service provider.
      Screenshot_20210526-113529_Fotocamera.png
      I know in the old days, I could wipe everything *but* internal storage and just flash the new ROM and gapps and all that lovely jazz and get up and running; however, it seems things aren't as straightforward, especially with all this A/B partition nonsense. I'm currently on OxygenOS 11, and I've got a good backup solution in place (TWRP us SSH backup to my home server), so can I:
      •Wipe all but internal storage
      •Flash Lineage, TWRP, Magisk, gapps, and kernel
      •And just reboot from TWRP aftert all that to enjoy the the awesomeness that is LineageOS?
      I've read most of this thread, but I'm still not quite sure I'm going about all this correctly. Also, if I flash this NikGapps everyone keeps talking about, I only gotta flash that once, right?
      Oh no! You have A/B partition device now. You must follow the instructions from Original Post.

And yes, if you flash latest version of NikGapps, you won't have to flash it again after ota update.
      FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
      Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
      It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
      Has anyone tried this ROM with Micro G?
      I am running Lineage 17 Micro G on my OnePlus 6t and battery is amazing!
      Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
      04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
      04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
      04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
      04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
      04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
      04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
      04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
      04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
      [...]
      04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
      Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.