• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Has their been any other research for an update for the Sprint Version GM1925 to get any other roms working on the device? I also had a question on how to get this device working after the Sprint network gets killed? They just sent me an email saying that I have to get a new device since this won't work anymore. I don't want a cheap samsung or revl! What if I get the phone unlocked by Sprint to use a T-mobile sim? It seems to support Volte, so it should work still. I'm on the stock rom debloated with the MSM tool and bootloader unlocked, but that seems as far as the 1925 version can get. Is a new phone within my destiny within the next year or can I get this marvelous POS to work past sprints EOL for it?

D

Deleted member 10383399

Has their been any other research for an update for the Sprint Version GM1925 to get any other roms working on the device? I also had a question on how to get this device working after the Sprint network gets killed? They just sent me an email saying that I have to get a new device since this won't work anymore. I don't want a cheap samsung or revl! What if I get the phone unlocked by Sprint to use a T-mobile sim? It seems to support Volte, so it should work still. I'm on the stock rom debloated with the MSM tool and bootloader unlocked, but that seems as far as the 1925 version can get. Is a new phone within my destiny within the next year or can I get this marvelous POS to work past sprints EOL for it?
You need to port roms to the 7 Pro 5G before they work, and even then, the modem doesn't work on A11 because A10 is the latest modem we have access to. There doesn't seem to be a way to make this phone last past Sprint's EOL. The best action would to be to sell the phone and get a regular 7 Pro

Challah

Aug 15, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
I tried looking through the thread but I didn't see an answer so I'll ask:

If I'm currently on Kang version of android 11, can I just format several times and install normally or do I need to go to Oxygen first then to Lineage?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

moscic

Sep 10, 2017
I tried looking through the thread but I didn't see an answer so I'll ask:

If I'm currently on Kang version of android 11, can I just format several times and install normally or do I need to go to Oxygen first then to Lineage?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
Ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware, that's all.

You need to port roms to the 7 Pro 5G before they work, and even then, the modem doesn't work on A11 because A10 is the latest modem we have access to. There doesn't seem to be a way to make this phone last past Sprint's EOL. The best action would to be to sell the phone and get a regular 7 Pro
I guess I have one other question relative to this. If I buy the t mobile version of the same phone, Is the boot loader unlockable or do I have to get the international version of the device and then have them whitelist it just it to activate it?

D

Deleted member 10383399

I guess I have one other question relative to this. If I buy the t mobile version of the same phone, Is the boot loader unlockable or do I have to get the international version of the device and then have them whitelist it just it to activate it?
If you bought the T-Mobile variant (GM1915), and it's SIM unlocked, then unlocking the bootloader is straight forward, you can just convert to the international firmware, then tick OEM unlock and use fastboot to unlock the bootloader. I'm running YAAP on my 7 Pro (which was originally from T-Mobile) and it's working well (dual sim is also working)

Reactions: heyChristo
D

Deleted member 10383399

Nice. What if it's not sim unlocked? That shouldn't effect unlocking the boot loader. Just gives the added capability of dusk sim which 1925 does not support. I really like this phone. Lots of storage and power at a great value. just kinda upset I bought the wrong model. 😒
If it's not sim unlocked, and you buy the GM1915 T-Mobile model, it's harder to unlock (you have to flash a DP3 build of A10, then unlock, and update), not sure if converting to international firmware would bypass that, but probably not

Reactions: heyChristo

dantmnf

Feb 23, 2018
Hello, I am trying to fix color management in this ROM. (and possibly all other third-party ROMs?)

So far, I figured out that:
  • The color mode settings in LiveDisplay somehow works.
  • The panel calibration set by LiveDisplay is somehow correct. (measured with an i1 Studio spectrometer)
  • AOSP color management API doesn't work. (doesn't switch to Display P3 when using natural or sRGB mode)
    • According to AOSP color management docs, the hwcomposor HAL is responsible to switch panel mode.
    • I get some log that indicates the qualcomm hwcomposor HAL is aware of the color mode change request (I SDM : HWCDisplay::SetPreferredColorModeInternal: Applying mode: SRGB), but nothing happened when this log appears.
    • Later I realized that it is OneplusDisplay service switching panel calibration in OOS, with a confusing transition animation.
    • That means, the system is not aware of and unable to switch panel calibration mode.
The question is: how can we make system or HAL able to switch panel calibration? A hwcomposor stub? Or a logcat reader?

Another (working) approach is to make system aware that the display is calibrated to Display P3 and ignore all sRGB calibration, which can be achieved by changing all occurrences of ColorGamut="srgb" to ColorGamut="dcip3" in /vendor/etc/qdcm_calib_data_samsung_dsc_cmd_mode_oneplus_dsi_panel.xml.
This is likely a software calibration and will suffer from performance and precision issues.

Reactions: jpennycook

ewong3

May 28, 2015
could someone advise if op7 can flash los 18.1 for op7pro? seems there is no development on former and wondered if the devices are similar enough to not to have problems?

moscic

Sep 10, 2017
Hello, I am trying to fix color management in this ROM. (and possibly all other third-party ROMs?)

So far, I figured out that:
  • The color mode settings in LiveDisplay somehow works.
  • The panel calibration set by LiveDisplay is somehow correct. (measured with an i1 Studio spectrometer)
  • AOSP color management API doesn't work. (doesn't switch to Display P3 when using natural or sRGB mode)
    • According to AOSP color management docs, the hwcomposor HAL is responsible to switch panel mode.
    • I get some log that indicates the qualcomm hwcomposor HAL is aware of the color mode change request (I SDM : HWCDisplay::SetPreferredColorModeInternal: Applying mode: SRGB), but nothing happened when this log appears.
    • Later I realized that it is OneplusDisplay service switching panel calibration in OOS, with a confusing transition animation.
    • That means, the system is not aware of and unable to switch panel calibration mode.
The question is: how can we make system or HAL able to switch panel calibration? A hwcomposor stub? Or a logcat reader?

Another (working) approach is to make system aware that the display is calibrated to Display P3 and ignore all sRGB calibration, which can be achieved by changing all occurrences of ColorGamut="srgb" to ColorGamut="dcip3" in /vendor/etc/qdcm_calib_data_samsung_dsc_cmd_mode_oneplus_dsi_panel.xml.
This is likely a software calibration and will suffer from performance and precision issues.
@LuK1337 I confirm that the switch panel mode doesn't work.

Pipodi93

Hi guys, is it possible to get L1 Widevine from L3?

Screenshot_20210820-180837_DRM_Info.png

moscic

Sep 10, 2017
Hi guys, is it possible to get L1 Widevine from L3?

View attachment 5389991
Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
• Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above.
• Flash Magisk and enable Magisk hide.
• Reboot.
• Verify if you have L1 working using app like DRM info.
• Local upgrade OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above (preferably same build).
• Reboot.
• Verify if you have L1 working using app like DRM info.
• Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well.

Note: you only need to do this once

I didn't try.

Reactions: Pipodi93

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all..I love the stability of Lineage but my audio is very minimal compared with other ROM's (DotOS, PE, etc). I would love to use this as my daily driver but the audio is just too low coming from both ports. Any fix for this or recommendation? Thanks
    I use ainur narsil and dts ultra magisk modules. Sound is very good and loud.
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
    Has anyone tried this ROM with Micro G?
    I am running Lineage 17 Micro G on my OnePlus 6t and battery is amazing!
    Hi, first of all, thank you for your work!

I just updated to 18.1 from 17.1, and noticed that the back gesture doesnt produce a vibration effect anymore. Vibration isnt broken, everywhere else it seems to work fine. Just the back gesture doesnt do it anymore.

Is this a known issue? Or intended? Or did I mess something up?

Logcat and dmesg are attached. I do have Magisk installed, but the logs were captured with no modules enabled. I did notice something in the logs. When it vibrates, it produces something like this:

Code:
    04-11 17:35:05.166   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator reporting capabilities: 3
    04-11 17:35:05.168   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.181  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.181   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.182  1095  2628 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    04-11 17:35:05.182   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:05.185   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: Vibrator on for timeoutMs: 10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.185729]@0 aw8697_duration_store: val:10
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.186206]@0 aw8697_activate_store: value=1
    04-11 17:35:05.187     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.187083]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 1
    04-11 17:35:05.203   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.203444]@3 aw8697->pm_awake: 0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I [20210411_17:35:05.204415]@1 aw8697_activate_store: value=0
    04-11 17:35:05.207     0     0 I         : [20210411_17:35:05.206860]@3 aw8697_haptic_stop_delay wait for standby, reg glb_state=0x07

But when I do a back gesture I only get this. No "Vibrator on for ..." and no aw8697 logs.

Code:
    04-11 17:35:16.548   935   935 D vendor.qti.vibrator: QTI Vibrator off
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.556   971  1456 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    04-11 17:35:16.556  3885  4083 I Finsky  : [204] rmc.a(1): Sending Heterodyne sync request for package com.android.vending
    04-11 17:35:16.558   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.567   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.570  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.573   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    04-11 17:35:16.574  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.574   971  1455 I BpBinder: onLastStrongRef automatically unlinking death recipients: <uncached descriptor>
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.577  1095  1609 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{45a7a43 u0 com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.ui.MainActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change
    04-11 17:35:16.578  1095  3695 E VibratorService: Failed to issue command to vibrator HAL. Retrying.
    [...]
    04-11 17:35:16.583   601   601 I servicemanager: Found android.hardware.vibrator.IVibrator/default in device VINTF manifest.
    Also RE#2: I merged a set of interesting changes. You should notice some nice improvement in the next build.