• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Pipodi93

Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
• Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above.
• Flash Magisk and enable Magisk hide.
• Reboot.
• Verify if you have L1 working using app like DRM info.
• Local upgrade OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above (preferably same build).
• Reboot.
• Verify if you have L1 working using app like DRM info.
• Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well.

Note: you only need to do this once

I didn't try.
Thanks for the fast answer, I will try ASAP.

Jessej93

Oct 10, 2015
Hello all..I love the stability of Lineage but my audio is very minimal compared with other ROM's (DotOS, PE, etc). I would love to use this as my daily driver but the audio is just too low coming from both ports. Any fix for this or recommendation? Thanks

moscic

Sep 10, 2017
Hello all..I love the stability of Lineage but my audio is very minimal compared with other ROM's (DotOS, PE, etc). I would love to use this as my daily driver but the audio is just too low coming from both ports. Any fix for this or recommendation? Thanks
I use ainur narsil and dts ultra magisk modules. Sound is very good and loud.

Reactions: Jessej93

Zakku

Sep 5, 2018
What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1 Aug 22 edition
LineageOS Download url: Official website
Gapps version: None

Did you--
wipe: Yes
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes, several times

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: No
other modifications: Had, but reverted. Reinstalled. Turns out, that wasn't the issue. Other than that, just the TWRP mentioned in this thread that works with OnePlus 7 Pro on Android 11.

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Installing LOS18.1 after installing the A11 firmware bricked my phone. After unbricking my phone, I was able to get LOS18.1 running and working without error. Then, just recently, I turned on bluetooth to connect my headset and watch something. The toggle switch started repeatedly twitching back and forth between on and back off (staying in off longer, and only showing it in the "on" position for a fraction of a second) [EDIT: Sometimes it's the opposite, now -- shows it in the "on" position while still showing "Off", then twitches to "Off" for a split second, back to "On", all while staying off but the On/Off message changes for a split second]. It says that bluetooth is off, all the while appearing to try to turn itself on. Eventually, the phone had enough errors to crash and briefly displayed the, "Shutting down", screen. Then, it reboots into TWRP.

I tried booting back up, but the bluetooth switch still twitches back and force and forces the phone to shutdown. This is now the loop I am stuck in. Occasionally, it will stay on long enough to run adb commands if I don't input my password to unlock (second unlock screen). The third pattern is that if I kill bluetooth, I can keep the phone on and unlocked for a few minutes at a time.

I cannot click the bluetooth switch to shut it off again, to prevent this from glitching and shutting down my phone because of the error. I spent a lot of time searching how to turn off bluetooth from adb and other terminal tricks, but nothing is working, so far.

Any thoughts?

[Edit 2: When the "Bluetooth keeps closing" dialog keeps popping up, I can buy more time before my phone crashes by clicking "Info", forcing the app to stop, deleting cache and storage on the app, and not pulling down the top menu.]

[Edit 3: Studied the catlog and found a correlation between the phone app crashing and bluetooth not being able to start. Long story short, nuked the problem.]

Last edited:

bassie112

Apr 17, 2011
Hi all, I switched from OxygenOS beta to LineageOS (clean flash) and everything works very well except for bluetooth. Bluetooth is very unstable for my devices (car and various headsets): many disconnects and if it works audio skips often. When I flash the latest bluetooth.img from OxygenOS stable (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.39_OTA_0390_all_2108161902_24ef0f10) after a LineageOS update then it works perfectly. Is it still standard procedure to always flash vendor firmware files like back in the old days or is bluetooth instability a known issue?

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
Hi all, I switched from OxygenOS beta to LineageOS (clean flash) and everything works very well except for bluetooth. Bluetooth is very unstable for my devices (car and various headsets): many disconnects and if it works audio skips often. When I flash the latest bluetooth.img from OxygenOS stable (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.39_OTA_0390_all_2108161902_24ef0f10) after a LineageOS update then it works perfectly. Is it still standard procedure to always flash vendor firmware files like back in the old days or is bluetooth instability a known issue?
I have also bluetooth problem with latest update, not on previous versions, but the issue is just in my car, i cannot connect to the audio player. I can connect to my watch and jbl bluetooth speaker just fine.

bassie112

Apr 17, 2011
I have also bluetooth problem with latest update, not on previous versions, but the issue is just in my car, i cannot connect to the audio player. I can connect to my watch and jbl bluetooth speaker just fine.
Yeah seems also worst for my car (prob has the worst/oldest BT compatibility) which sometimes needs like 10 tries before it connects and then still skips audio often. I also tried several combinations of BT settings in developer settings but with no clear result (sometimes seems to help but then eventually same problem again).

With OxygenOS bt image flashed no issues at all.

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
Yeah seems also worst for my car (prob has the worst/oldest BT compatibility) which sometimes needs like 10 tries before it connects and then still skips audio often. I also tried several combinations of BT settings in developer settings but with no clear result (sometimes seems to help but then eventually same problem again).

With OxygenOS bt image flashed no issues at all.
I flashed back 28.9 released version and now i managed to connect to my car player.

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
I have a question regarding the automatic switching from 60hz to 90hz. I usually have min. refresh rate set at 60hz because I watch a lot of Youtube where all you need is 60hz. When I use my phone (scrolling in apps and the UI) it stays at 60hz. Only if I set it to 90hz manually I get the smooth feeling. Is this normal? Shouldn't it be possible for the phone to adaptively adjust between the two refresh rates like all the modern phones?
Thanks for any helpful information in advance!

Sereiya

Nov 29, 2015
Hamburg
Is encryption still not a thing on Android 11 roms? LOS 18.1 says it's encrypted, but he won't ask for the pattern at boot time and recovery simply starts too. Got me confused.

Reactions: cantenna

Vakman

Jun 23, 2010
I have two questions.

1. Does anyone ever have the fingerprint on the lockscreen disappear and is only able to use the PIN code to unlock?
2. Is there a way to increase the max volume to stock levels without a Magisk module?

Thanks!

gap30

Aug 10, 2015
Have finally flashed this rom after thinking about it for months

Thank you dev

Is there a way to change the icons? I am not using gapps or microg

Or would I have to change the launcher?

bassie112

Apr 17, 2011
Try to update the firmware. Bluetooth works for me without any issues.
I am already running latest stable modem/firmware files. If I flash them over the rom then it works fine but after an update not anymore. BT worked again on 20210912 but not anymore for 20210919. I will wait and see what this week's built will do and otherwise revert to 20210912 and figure out what change caused this (for me at least).

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I am already running latest stable modem/firmware files. If I flash them over the rom then it works fine but after an update not anymore. BT worked again on 20210912 but not anymore for 20210919. I will wait and see what this week's built will do and otherwise revert to 20210912 and figure out what change caused this (for me at least).
I bet that if you followed official fw upgrade *exactly as it's written* then it'd fix itself despite you saying that you're on latest firmware already :^)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Luk: Thanks for the work that you do. Loving it and donated.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.
    Hello LuK
    First of all thanks for your work, I appreciate it. I was just wondering when will you start working on Android 12 and when can we expect initial build ✌️
    Keep wondering.
    Has anyone tried this ROM with Micro G?
    I am running Lineage 17 Micro G on my OnePlus 6t and battery is amazing!