[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm from the LineageOS MicroG group, hopefully I'm barking up the right ROM here, don't see any other threads for LOS Guacamole.

Having massive problems with battery drain. Seems like it's all to blame on the screen, it just makes the battery level drop like a concrete filled bucket falling into the Marinara Trench.
  1. Reducing the refresh rate.
    Made a dramatic difference when I was on RR. But there's no setting for it. After looking through each page of replies to this thread, I'm seeing that the setting is indeed missing, and the only thing I can do is change a dev option to allow me to see what the rate is. But not reduce it. I've looked at Magisk hacks, Gravity doesn't provide that option. I've looked at adb commands, didn't find anything. I've looked at ROMs on the Play Store that I can rip and send to my device, none available for a device with a custom ROM. Anyone know how I can force reduce the refresh rate down to 60hz or even 30hz?
  2. Smart Pixels turned off.
    No option for it, found an app on the Play Store that kinda works, but it's non-root so it doesn't really work effectively, still shows some panels normally. Any tricks or things I can implement with root to have that ability?
  3. Anyone have any other suggestions on what I can throw in there to reduce drain?
Are you on the latest lineage 18.1 guac build? 20210110?
If so, in Settings >Display>Advanced there is option to choose refresh rate. In attached screenshot the refresh rate is displayed in top left corner. My display is showing 60hz, battery is alright.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-150103_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210123-150103_Settings.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 146

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
There's the indication that I /might/ not be on the right thread. For me that option is missing I see font and rotation but no minimum refresh rate setting between them. But I'm wondering if it's just because I'm a version behind or something? Here's my build:

View attachment 5196889
Seems like you are on Android 10, not sure. This page is for Unofficial Lineage 18.1, Android 11.

If you are on Android 10, official Lineage 17.1, maybe try asking here:

Hope you resolve your issue.

Reactions: CrewParking

dankovac1999

Sep 18, 2016
HTC Leo
Google Nexus 4
I'm having weird issue with this rom while trying to transfer files. When I connect phone to pc, it says phone is main device and tries to controll pc. On the other hand when I connect usb drive it says phone is controlled by that. When I try to switch it just says "couldn't switch". Only solution I found is transfer data through ADB or twrp.

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm having weird issue with this rom while trying to transfer files. When I connect phone to pc, it says phone is main device and tries to controll pc. On the other hand when I connect usb drive it says phone is controlled by that. When I try to switch it just says "couldn't switch". Only solution I found is transfer data through ADB or twrp.
When your phone is connected, maybe go to Settings, search for "USB Preferences" and see if you can change the "USB is controlled by" setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-132317_Settings_Suggestions.png
    Screenshot_20210126-132317_Settings_Suggestions.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20210126-132324_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210126-132324_Settings.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 54

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
What gapps are you using guys? I've tried many versions of NikGapps, but Google Chrome freezes every few minutes 😏

I use NikGapps (20201231 I think) but I mainly use Firefox for Android so I didn't notice issues with chrome. I had issues with the gboard tho. Maybe you can try FlameGapps.

For the USB issue, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe try with a different cable lol. Are you on the latest build?

You can also do a getprop to see what settings are set for your usb, this is what I have:

$ getprop | grep usb
[init.svc.usbd]: [stopped]
[persist.sys.usb.config]: [adb]
[persist.sys.usb.ffbm-02.func]: [diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,dpl,qdss,adb]
[ro.boot.usbcontroller]: [a600000.dwc3]
[sys.usb.config]: [adb]
[sys.usb.configfs]: [1]
[sys.usb.controller]: [a600000.dwc3]
[sys.usb.ffs.ready]: [1]
[sys.usb.state]: [adb]

dankovac1999

Sep 18, 2016
HTC Leo
Google Nexus 4
I use NikGapps (20201231 I think) but I mainly use Firefox for Android so I didn't notice issues with chrome. I had issues with the gboard tho. Maybe you can try FlameGapps.

For the USB issue, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe try with a different cable lol. Are you on the latest build?

You can also do a getprop to see what settings are set for your usb, this is what I have:

$ getprop | grep usb
[init.svc.usbd]: [stopped]
[persist.sys.usb.config]: [adb]
[persist.sys.usb.ffbm-02.func]: [diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,dpl,qdss,adb]
[ro.boot.usbcontroller]: [a600000.dwc3]
[sys.usb.config]: [adb]
[sys.usb.configfs]: [1]
[sys.usb.controller]: [a600000.dwc3]
[sys.usb.ffs.ready]: [1]
[sys.usb.state]: [adb]

Thanks, I will try Flame gapps. And for the usb glitch. Something is wrong on my side probably. Im unable to transfer data to my Pixel 2 on android 11 as well. My surface probably cant hanle android 11 devices correctly.

Reactions: bokchoi2020

dankovac1999

Sep 18, 2016
HTC Leo
Google Nexus 4
What changes are in latest build? I reverted to stock with locked bootloader so I can't test it now. Is quirky auto brightness fixed? Do you plan adding OnePlus haptics? 7 pro has great haptics motor, but this rom can't utilize it 😏

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
What changes are in latest build? I reverted to stock with locked bootloader so I can't test it now. Is quirky auto brightness fixed? Do you plan adding OnePlus haptics? 7 pro has great haptics motor, but this rom can't utilize it 😏
I don't feel much of a difference to be honest. Still quirky fingerprint and auto brightness sensor. I'm still on this ROM cause in general pretty stable for me.

Seems like lots of changes made in Feb 2nd but probably not in latest build.

Reactions: dankovac1999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    Hello LuK
    First of all thanks for your work, I appreciate it. I was just wondering when will you start working on Android 12 and when can we expect initial build ✌️
    Keep wondering.
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.