[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamole][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

wp007

Aug 22, 2016
The reason I said wipe before is because once you update the firmware files to the new ones TWRP won't boot up. At least for me it does not. Unfortunately you will be stuck with lineage recovery which works fine but when I choose factory reset in lineage recovery it forces you to format data (which includes the internal storage). I don't know about you but for me having to format DATA just to make a clean install is painful.
Obviously you have to flash lineage recovery in order to do the firmware update. So TWRP is gone, anyway. I asked about wiping because it is not mentioned in the fw update and LOS upgrade instructions.

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
I also noticed general improvements on the lift sensor with ambient display, the fingerprint sensor and lightning fast. The battery is sensational and the performance excellent in both COD and PUBG. Is there a support telegram group?

travis82

Jan 8, 2011
Marysville, Washington
Stock LOS kernel with this good extra , flashed just now test it and report to you.
i just cleaned it up so try again now. Should be better on the battery. If you all like it I can push it on gerrit so Luk1337 can aprove and merge it. All these patches should be LOS rules friendly!

Screenshot_20210418-195231_AnTuTu_Benchmark.png
Screenshot_20210417-160440_SmartPack-Kernel_Manager.png

Last edited:

mihir85

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Somehow maps is not working. Does not detect location. I've turned on all permissions. Google feed is able to find my location, but not maps or any other location app. Any fix for this? I'm on MindtheGapps.

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Somehow maps is not working. Does not detect location. I've turned on all permissions. Google feed is able to find my location, but not maps or any other location app. Any fix for this? I'm on MindtheGapps.
Maps work perfect even without google play services. Very fast and accurate GPS performance in LOS , its a your problem.

@travis82 thanks for the update , its a good choice , wait for the boss and see what he says, if he takes the news and merges them into his kernel, or you could have a separate discussion for this custom LOS kernel.

Last edited:

eminem_b

Sep 11, 2012
Sofia
www.smirky.net
Hi guys. Please bare with me. Can you answer me these questions?
- What is the default camera app in this ROM?
- What are its capabilities compared to the OOS10/11 camera?
- Previously, I remember there were problems with the Oxygen OS camera. Some crashes when started with the default mode, but Pro mode was working as an entry point? Is this still the case?
- Do I lose any Camera features compared to OOS? (software/hardware features)
- Do you know if banking apps are mostly okay with LinageOS 18.1, i.e. NFC transactions?
- Can I install the OOS gallery in this ROM?

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys. Please bare with me. Can you answer me these questions?
- What is the default camera app in this ROM?
- What are its capabilities compared to the OOS10/11 camera?
- Previously, I remember there were problems with the Oxygen OS camera. Some crashes when started with the default mode, but Pro mode was working as an entry point? Is this still the case?
- Do I lose any Camera features compared to OOS? (software/hardware features)
- Do you know if banking apps are mostly okay with LinageOS 18.1, i.e. NFC transactions?
- Can I install the OOS gallery in this ROM?
1 Los camera
2 OOS best , you can use gcam for great photos and videos.
3 OOS Camera work only on photos crash in others mode ,this with all's aosp.
4 with gcam no
5 I don't use banking apps on my smartphone
6) Yes work fine

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
I tried out the OTA function (coming from lineage-18.1-20210411) and unfortunately it forced me to format data because it said boot was not possible after bootlooping and finally bringing up the lineage recovery. Maybe I did something wrong, I really don't know but having to format data after an OTA update is really too much work in my opinion.
I have to note several things tho:
1. I was using a custom kernel (Kirisakura 1.1.4_R)
2. I was using Nikgapps stock
3. I was using Magisk root

Maybe one of those 3 things caused this behavior...Idk

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
@travis82 With the latest kernel update, LOS slips like lightning and there are improvements in gaming, especially on PUBG. I need to test the battery life. Good job. Thanks , you can open a thread on xda or a telegram support group for best beta testing.

T-RoR

Mar 5, 2008
Before I screw it up, what is the easiest way to upgrade between versions? Do I have to do format data in every update? How do I update the Gapps so they don't give an error?

Reactions: jpennycook

Robles_95

Jul 13, 2018
Hey all, here just hoping if there's any chance the slider can get customization, like for example:
-upper slider being total silence and hiding notifications
-middle slider being vibrate and showing certain notifications
-lower slider being highest volume and showing all notifications...

If nothing can be done about it it's ok, I know you're all busy and thanks for the this rom, it's working absolutely perfect and it's incredibly fast! Battery life is also good, had a bit of a problem with a bootloop after installing the nikgapps but it seems like it fixed itself(?) Lol

Oh yeah and had a question since I'm a noob when it comes to lineageOS, after ota updating, are we supposed to flash magisk and lineage recovery again? Thank you very much!

ninjaquick

Mar 20, 2009
Hey all, here just hoping if there's any chance the slider can get customization, like for example:
-upper slider being total silence and hiding notifications
-middle slider being vibrate and showing certain notifications
-lower slider being highest volume and showing all notifications...

If nothing can be done about it it's ok, I know you're all busy and thanks for the this rom, it's working absolutely perfect and it's incredibly fast! Battery life is also good, had a bit of a problem with a bootloop after installing the nikgapps but it seems like it fixed itself(?) Lol

Oh yeah and had a question since I'm a noob when it comes to lineageOS, after ota updating, are we supposed to flash magisk and lineage recovery again? Thank you very much!
Lineage Recovery flashes itself, magisk needs to be reflashed, I think- just adb sideload.

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
OxygenOS 11.0.0.2 is out now, I should be able to upgrade those partitions that are not overwritten by the linageOS payload right?
Also, when I have min. refresh rate of 60hz selected in settings is the phone adaptively switching between 90 and 60hz? I would like to understand how intelligently the phone/Kernel does this switching...

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
Reactions: spthomas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://gist.github.com/luk1337/6c18b1910fa38292f2d5fbd3df47fd91 for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    Hello LuK
    First of all thanks for your work, I appreciate it. I was just wondering when will you start working on Android 12 and when can we expect initial build ✌️
    Keep wondering.
    As someone who doesn't have that much experience in flashing, it' not a rhetorical question for me. Do I understand it correctly that the FW update is not necessary when updating from 17.1 to 18.1, since there is no information about it in the corresponding instructions in the wiki?
    It is a rhetorical question. I clearly said that OOS 11 firmware is needed; you wouldn't be running OOS 11 firmware on Lineage 17.1, would you? Also I'll update wiki warning when first build is out.