[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamoleb][14] LineageOS 21

Search This thread

Biasio

Apr 23, 2020
Hi @shantanusarkar , fingerprint doesn't behave well... I have clean flashed LOS 18.1, even latest build of june multiple times but still the problem persist. Also tried to remove all fingerprints and reregister them again. It just doesn't recognize any finger. I've tried fingerprint on ambient display, lock screen and in app biometric authentication and it behaves the same regarding the situation. Very rarely it finds a match but after a few seconds. Here's the logcate. Thank you

Last edited:

Biasio

Apr 23, 2020
Hi @shantanusarkar , fingerprint doesn't behave well... I have clean flashed LOS 18.1, even latest build of june multiple times but still the problem persist. Also tried to remove all fingerprints and reregister them again. It just doesn't recognize any finger. I've tried fingerprint on ambient display, lock screen and in app biometric authentication and it behaves the same regarding the situation. Very rarely it finds a match but after a few seconds. Here's the logcate. Thank you

I have forgot to tell that I have no gapps installed and no root, using stock kernel. I m not using tasker or any other software than normal social apps and browser.

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
I have forgot to tell that I have no gapps installed and no root, using stock kernel. I m not using tasker or any other software than normal social apps and browser.
Last time the log file was not attached. Btw is the fp behavior same on build from 20th? The build from 13th had no changes from previous build and also there is no device side change on 20th build. I don't see any reason why fp would fail.

Last edited:

Biasio

Apr 23, 2020
Last time the log file was not attached. Btw is the fp behavior same on build from 20th? The build from 13th had no changes from previous build and also there is no device side change on 20th build. I don't see any reason why fp would fail.
I have a bad english sorry! I have this problem from the builds before the 13th... From the beginnings of version 18.
I have updated to the 20th now and in fact, like you have said, there is no change. I know that it isn't an hardware problem because in other roms like Oxygen or Aosp Extendend it works fine. I attach another logcate here after the update of the 20th . I don't know if you need other types of logs, let me know!

EDIT: Now I have deleted previous fingerprints and re registered them, when I register no error like "too fast" or "not recognized any fingerprint" are displayed. Maybe it has something to do with the registration despite the recognition. In any case also a logcat after the registration can be found here.

Last edited:

Maulaf

Dec 27, 2012
I am using the unofficial LineageOS 19.1.

What is the correct update procedure? Do I just boot to recovery and adb sideload a new image?
Or should I reboot to recovery after installing the new image and reinstall GApps and Magisk?

I'm asking because I got an issue, when I tried to upgrade last time and had to start with a clean install all over.
In the beginning I had lineage-19.1-20220606-UNOFFICIAL-guacamoleb.zip + MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip + Magisk successfully installed with everything being fine. Play Store and Youtube worked and all Apps where up to date, when I tried to upgrade.
Then I rebooted to recovery and just adb sideloaded lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-guacamoleb.zip. My attempt to boot the system then resulted in bootloops and a data corrupted error.
After a few loops I always came back to recovery.
Then I got it running again by adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip and Magisk. System booted then fine, but Play Store didn't work, it just always said I were offline. Youtube didn't even start.
So I am wondering if it was my fault because I should have adb sideloaded GApps before trying to boot to system.

At the moment I'm running lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-guacamoleb.zip and would like to update.

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
I have a bad english sorry! I have this problem from the builds before the 13th... From the beginnings of version 18.
I have updated to the 20th now and in fact, like you have said, there is no change. I know that it isn't an hardware problem because in other roms like Oxygen or Aosp Extendend it works fine. I attach another logcate here after the update of the 20th . I don't know if you need other types of logs, let me know!

EDIT: Now I have deleted previous fingerprints and re registered them, when I register no error like "too fast" or "not recognized any fingerprint" are displayed. Maybe it has something to do with the registration despite the recognition. In any case also a logcat after the registration can be found here.
I flashed LineageOS 18.1 myself and used it for 2 days. I nether had problems with registering the fp nor while unlocking. It worked 10/10 times

Yinan Shaw

Apr 3, 2022

i think the problem is the oos.zip need to be installed twice before u flash los

Tomolin

Jun 9, 2017
I know it is a little werid, but I want to record that I have lost fingerprint function if only lineage recover is flashed via bootloader, have not flashed the ROM.

BreadBand

Jun 27, 2017
Hello,

Thank you for the rom and all this update! :)

How to install magisk on this rom?
I have had success by downloading the apk from the website, renaming the extension to .zip, and sideloading that in recovery. After doing this and booting back into the system, you only need to install the apk. This is an official instruction from the Magisk website.

Doing it the recommended way (installing the apk, patching the boot.img and flashing it) has caused me a brick on the 18.1 ROM and the 19.1 ROM, so I do suggest doing it through the recovery method.

BreadBand

Jun 27, 2017
Loving the 19.1 ROM so far. Zero issues :) Is there a timeline in which we can expect a 19.1 LineageOS for MicroG ROM?

xtzy

Oct 19, 2019
World Earth
None of the downloaded installation files match their hash sums.
Both firmware files LineageOS_18.1 and both recovery for them.
Maybe that's why and all the bugs?

I'm sorry, I'm inattentive. sha256 - all is OK!

Last edited:

xtzy

Oct 19, 2019
World Earth
If now I have the official OOS 11.0.9.1 installed with ROOT (Magisk) and TWRP_3.6.2 (Nebrassy).
To install Lineage_18.1 do I need to remove ROOT and TWRP first?
It seems that I still have to do wipes when installing Lineage_18.1, but I'm not sure that the firmware will install normally.

Reactions: Zobat

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
If now I have the official OOS 11.0.9.1 installed with ROOT (Magisk) and TWRP_3.6.2 (Nebrassy).
To install Lineage_18.1 do I need to remove ROOT and TWRP first?
It seems that I still have to do wipes when installing Lineage_18.1, but I'm not sure that the firmware will install normally.

ROOT will be lost when flashing a new rom, so you don't need to manually unroot.

A newer version of TWRP can usually flash older roms, there are some exceptions but it's very rare.

Reactions: xtzy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have one more question, what will it happen to ours oneplus 7, that kernel 4.14 reached eol? will op7 abandoned or will we be lucky with an upgrade of kernel?
    There could be some fallout of getting some kernel support after it ends. But the best guarantees is if some fans join up and tries to port 4.19 or 5.4 at least.

Look at snapdragon 820/821 phones, some got 4.4 ported while others got stuck on 3.18 and now LOS18.1 got sunset after Google stopped supporting 3.18 for ASB. FYI, 3.18 phones came out 2016, it took until 2024 for LOS to stop supporting 3.18 phones. So it depends on how popular hotdog/guacamole is with the community. If we get 4.19/5.4, you get 2 years of extra support, if not maybe a extra year.

But this shows how important its to lobby the OEM to pick the right parts that can be ported for future use.
    i have one more question, what will it happen to ours oneplus 7, that kernel 4.14 reached eol? will op7 abandoned or will we be lucky with an upgrade of kernel?
    thank for answer, good explanation
    1000034041.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Note: The microG version of LineageOS gets one monthly update compared to weekly updates for normal version of LineageOS.

GPL compliance :
    SafetyNet
    • To pass SafetyNet, you guys can follow this guide. It seems to be working fine.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Donation links:
    PayPal
    UPI: sarkar-shantanu@paytm
    Official Lineage OS 20 based on Android 13 is out for OnePlus 7 (guacamoleb).
    so...you are going to take over the lineageos for op7?
    Yes
    Can u share the link of the `ihs8n` u flashed or is it the generic version from git? As mentioned by the OP in earlier posts without any changes that he had mentioned..

If changes were made can u please upload the same with that and share.

Thank you.
    I used this file from this topic.
    Even thought the file is specifically for hotdogb, it also works for Android 13 guacamoleb (and a lot more devices as said in the topic)
    Lineage OS 19.1 is now officially available. Installation instructions have changed. Be careful and follow them to avoid bricking your device.