[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamoleb][14] PixelExperience - End of Life

Search This thread

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
I have some questions:
1. Is VoLTE working on this ROM? (India)
2. Is battery backup good?

Also, please let me know about the installation process, I am on latest official OnePlus ROM and things I need to take care of, since people are complaining abour Widevine and all. I will be grateful for the information.

espositodnl86

Aug 28, 2021
Hi, I have updated to OxygenOS 12 and then decided to flash PE 12.
Is it true that I have to re-flash OOS 12 before flashing Pixel Experience 13?

Thanks.

molnard89

Oct 25, 2008
Hi all, I am new here, but I am sick of the OnePlus. I have an OP7 GM1900 with OOS11 and I don't want to wait for OOS12. As I know, now on OOS11 I can unlock the bootloader, but in OOS12 it isn't possible. How should I install the Pixel Experience? Do I unlock the bootloader now and install PE 12, next I can upgrade it to PE13? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Yashraj Chawla

Dec 13, 2014
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7
Hi all, I am new here, but I am sick of the OnePlus. I have an OP7 GM1900 with OOS11 and I don't want to wait for OOS12. As I know, now on OOS11 I can unlock the bootloader, but in OOS12 it isn't possible. How should I install the Pixel Experience? Do I unlock the bootloader now and install PE 12, next I can upgrade it to PE13? Thanks in advance
Be on latest OOS 11 build, unlock bootloader, reboot, manually update to OOS 12 via Oxygen updater, then you can go ahead and install PE recovery, and the ROM and all other files as per the SOP.

Reactions: molnard89

Lolakis13

Feb 14, 2016
Ok, first of all, to be clear: I dirty flashed this on top of PE12, without having OOS12 H.30 before.

BT - Working
GPS - Working
WIFI - Working. My job WPA2-Enterprise freaked out, had to delete and add again though.
GCam - Working, using Urnyx05
AndroidAuto - Working
Fingerprint - Working
AlwaysOn - Working

All apps seem to be behaving normally. The phone is fast, it always has been of course, but it seems abnormally fast. Even AndroidAuto is more fluid. This might be placebo but it doesn't feels like it.

FaceUnlock seems to be unavailable.

Could you please describe briefly the process that you followed to dirty flash this?

Lolakis13

Feb 14, 2016
1. download rom.
2. download twrp img
3. boot to bootloader
4. boot twrp from it
5. copy pe13 to internal storage
6. flash pe13 to both A and B partition
7. wipe cache and dalvik
8. reboot.

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to do it using pixel experience recovery, as this was the recovery I used to first install PE12. I just followed the steps on PE website, but only for installing the zip file.

I also didn't flash wipe cache and dalvik. So far everything seems working well and smoothness and speed are much better than PE12, at least in my case.

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
Thank you for your reply.

I managed to do it using pixel experience recovery, as this was the recovery I used to first install PE12. I just followed the steps on PE website, but only for installing the zip file.

I also didn't flash wipe cache and dalvik. So far everything seems working well and smoothness and speed are much better than PE12, at least in my case.
That's the right way. You don't have to do anything extra. Also, when instructions are available on the website, I don't know why you'd ask someone else.

Lolakis13

Feb 14, 2016
That's the right way. You don't have to do anything extra. Also, when instructions are available on the website, I don't know why you'd ask someone else.

These are the instructions for clean flash too, so I just wanted to see the dirty flash method.

Also, this website instructs being in the latest Oos 12.1 to flash PE12, whereas this won't work as you cannot flash any recovery ATM plus you cannot unlock your bootloader. Thus, I couldn't be that sure for these instructions if it makes sense.

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
These are the instructions for clean flash too, so I just wanted to see the dirty flash method.

Also, this website instructs being in the latest Oos 12.1 to flash PE12, whereas this won't work as you cannot flash any recovery ATM plus you cannot unlock your bootloader. Thus, I couldn't be that sure for these instructions if it makes sense.
To have unlocked bootloader on oos12.1 you'll have to flash oos 12.1 over oos 11 with unlocked bootloader.

molnard89

Oct 25, 2008
Be on latest OOS 11 build, unlock bootloader, reboot, manually update to OOS 12 via Oxygen updater, then you can go ahead and install PE recovery, and the ROM and all other files as per the SOP.
Hi, there is a video and in that video, from OOS11.0.9.1 he updates in 1 step to PE13. Isn't it a good method? Do I have to update first to OOS12? What is your opinion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2023-02-24_17-22-54.jpg

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7 [guacamoleb]

Pixel Experience project has been officially closed. No more support will be provided in the future
    What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on: Android 14

Known issues
    * Bugs reported without logs will be ignored.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Warning: Make sure to be on OxygenOS 11.0.9.1 or OxygenOS 11.0.9.1 based ROMs before flashing PE 14. Do not dirty flash over PE 13/13 Plus. Clean flash is mandatory over OOS 11.0.9.1

Installation Instructions:

https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamoleb/install/

Properties: Non-SDCardFS, FBEv2, F2FS

Donation links:
    PayPal
    UPI: sarkar-shantanu@paytm

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Support Telegram channel

August update is out

Download from here: https://download.pixelexperience.org/guacamoleb

Donate if you like my work. It'll motivate me and help me in maintaining the device.
    PayPal:
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/shanusarkar

UPI: shantanuplussarkar@okaxis
    For all who are asking about Android 13, I'd like to say that I'm still testing Lineage OS with oxygen os 12.1 firmware. There are a few things still to be fixed and only after LOS is stable, I'll build PE because the next PE will also be based on oos 12.1 firmware. So expect a build next month with november security patch. If possible, I'll push a build within this month as well.
    Official Stable is out
    THREAD CLEANED

Some posts have been edited, some have been removed. Whenever you're reporting a bug/issue, please remember to always include logs, steps to reproduce, or something that will help a developer diagnose what's up.

Friendly reminder: developers are doing this in their free time, as a hobby, and not getting paid for it. The least you can do is be kind and if they're unable to fix your bug/issue, you can always move to a different ROM, or the stock ROM your device shipped with, easy-peasy. :)

Have a good day, y'all! (y)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator